Question about veggies.

• Yesterday I forgot two of my cups of veggies... Is this badly going to affect my loss this week?
  • Quote: Yesterday I forgot two of my cups of veggies... Is this badly going to affect my loss this week?
    No but try not to do this too often. If you are not able to eat them cause you are sick of veggies, try rhubarb or a shake with blended spinach in it.
  • Great suggestion about blending spinach in a shake - which shake flavor best camouflages the flavor of the spinach?
  • Quote: Great suggestion about blending spinach in a shake - which shake flavor best camouflages the flavor of the spinach?
    I had it with vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon do raspberry extract. OMG it was really good! Could not taste the spinache at all!
  • Quote: Great suggestion about blending spinach in a shake - which shake flavor best camouflages the flavor of the spinach?
    I have added it to the chocolate and the vanilla drinks before. I didnt enjoy it in the vanilla. It is awesome in the chocolate drink though!!! This is what I do:

Put 7 ice cubes, 8 ounces water, 1 Cup spinach, WF chocolate dip, cinnamon, stevia drops. Blend it all and enjoy!
  • I just recently started doing a spinach smoothie for my breakfast, I use an EAS RTD vanilla shake, a couple of handfuls of baby spinach and about 4 ice cubes...blend it up and that is that. You cannot taste the spinach at all which seems so weird. I have not tried it with the chocolate or strawberry shakes--not sure what the color combination would end up looking like so for now an sticking with the vanilla shake.

Also, I have made some pretty decent cream soups using broccoli and cauliflower--just make you 2 cups of veggies and puree them with some chicken broth, transfer to the stovetop and add protein and whatever spices you want. I have always loved cream soups and these take a long time to eat and are very filling. It's an easy way to get veggies in as well.

I am not overly adventurous when it comes to veggies and have not tried some of the other veggie ideas but using the blender has helped me to change my meals up a bit and keep me fuller as well.

Good luck!