Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone! Day #4! Talked to my coach and added an extra potassium pill for the leg cramps. So far, so good. I'm really struggling to eat a salad - the last two days I've only been able to to choke down a bite. I usually love salads, but with cheese, croutons, and creamy dressing Does anyone know if we can add any type of bacon (perhaps turkey bacon?) to our salads? Any other suggestions for salads?

This morning I felt "off", just not myself so I'm wondering if I'm hitting detox. Thanks for listening! I'm grateful!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I've been a bit emotional the past few days (TOM, I'm sure), but I read earlier on here about estrogen being released when the fat is breaking down and it felt like a hallelujah moment.

The diet has been great to me, the results are showing and I feel better than ever, but I don't think I knew what it would be like to lose weight.. the feelings aspect. My body is changing every day and while I do love it, I haven't been this small in.. I don't even remember. Getting into new sizes of jeans and clothes is one of the best feelings, but it also leaves me a bit unsettled at times? If that makes any sense.
Hi! I just read what you wrote and I am so relieved. I feel so "off" and sad and just weird. It sounds like others feel this way as well! Good Luck!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #63  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolChickInAFatSuit View Post
Good morning. I posted this in the alternatives thread yesterday and got zero response. Hoping it will get noticed here Nd someone can help me out. I did read through previous alternative posts, but didn't really find what I'm looking for.

Can someone in the know give me clarification on this?
When choosing an alternative product:

1) you should go by net carbs, meaning I should subtract fiber and sugar alcohol from the total carbs?

2) the serving should be under 9 net carbs to be considered unrestricted?

3) are there a minimum and maximum amounts of protein and carbs I should be consuming per day?

I have tried Muscle Milk Lite from Walmart and yesterday i bought Premier Protein RTDs at Costco. I think those are considered ok with IP.
Thanks for your input. Although I feel more comfortable staying with IP products, financially I just can't do it anymore.
After analyzing the IP nutrition stats I have come up with this chart for alternative foods. I use only total carbs because IP doesn't post net carbs.

Unrestricted Calories 80-120 Carbs <9 Protein 15-18
Restricted Calories 140-170 Carbs 9-17 Protein 14-15
Twice a week Calories 160-220 Carbs 18-23 Protein <12

I figure I can't count anything as unrestricted that has LESS Protein, or MORE calories, carbs as on the chart.

This was not scientific, I just jotted down the ranges from the IP nutrition sheet.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #64  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
I'm going to go get some today. I will probably drive the deli guy crazy because I will need to check all of the nutrition labels. Last week I was there checking labels and found out that my favorite chicken breast from Healthy Ones had 1 gram of sugar and 1 carb. I haven't had any of this since starting IP, but it still makes me mad that the manufacturers have to add sugar to everything! No wonder our country is in an obesity crisis!
Here's my opinion and what has worked for me. All of your lean meats will have some carbs in them, so I take that in to consideration when I eat more turkey during the day vs less. If I eat the entire 1/4 lb then my meat for the evening is chicken or super lean fish. If I am only eating a slice or 2 to get over the "i need to chew something besides gum" feeling then I eat beef in the evening. It balances out for me. You will find what works for you. I even take 1 stick of trident gum and cut it into 4 itty bitty pieces to chew through out the day and still only have one piece.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusflowerbomb View Post
Where do you buy the floralax from?
I get it through my coach, but I think you can buy it elsewhere too, ie iherb.com
Old 07-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #66  
Start IP (again) 7/31/13

S/C/G: 231.2/224.4/131

Good Afternoon everyone. I had a GREAT first day yesterday!! I know I shouldn't weigh myself at home, but...I did, down 2.4 in the first day. I feel good about that.

So far so good today. I was all ready to feel all yucky, but still doing good. The foods I have tried have been good.

I had the Blueberry, cran, promg drink this morning. It was good, but it seems like it would be something I would like to be a little thicker. Can I had some spinach and ice and and put in the blender? Or will it make it taste funny?

-Jennifer
Old 07-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #67  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi All - I'll read later, but gotta say today is really hard! I work in a church and they've been getting ready for a huge Flea Market all week. Today they brought in the baked goods...and set up that table right outside my office door! Oh maaannnnnn....I literally have to turn my head away from it every time I go by it.

Last edited by greeniris; 07-12-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 206/190/155

Height: 5'9

Thumbs up

hmmm, I'm trying to learn how to do all of this. I really love the IP diet! I have been a member on here for awhile but not at all consistent, and have never figured out how to post. So here goes again. I look forward to the support I can gain from this and also whatever help I can give. I lost 30 pounds last year on this plan. Sadly, I had some set backs and have gained it all back plus another 10! So just started again.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 238/191/148

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
I get it through my coach, but I think you can buy it elsewhere too, ie iherb.com

I went to buy the floralax, it's a powder. Is it hard to drink? What does it taste like? I was expecting a pill like the Novilax.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 238/191/148

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyonIP View Post
hmmm, I'm trying to learn how to do all of this. I really love the IP diet! I have been a member on here for awhile but not at all consistent, and have never figured out how to post. So here goes again. I look forward to the support I can gain from this and also whatever help I can give. I lost 30 pounds last year on this plan. Sadly, I had some set backs and have gained it all back plus another 10! So just started again.
Welcome back! I am new to this forum too. Best of luck to you.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #71  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Hi All - I'll read later, but gotta say today is really hard! I work in a church and they've been getting ready for a huge Flea Market all week. Today they brought in the baked goods...and set up that table right outside my office door! Oh maaannnnnn....I literally have to turn my head away from it every time I go by it.
STAY STRONG!

Old 07-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusflowerbomb View Post
I went to buy the floralax, it's a powder. Is it hard to drink? What does it taste like? I was expecting a pill like the Novilax.
Huh. Mine's a pill...
Old 07-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #73  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishak View Post
It's a GREAT morning!!! Had WI# 26 this morning and.....4.6 Pounds GONE FOR-EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes 70 pounds total..

I hope everyone has a great 100% IP Day today!!!
Fantastic, Trishak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Hi! I just read what you wrote and I am so relieved. I feel so "off" and sad and just weird. It sounds like others feel this way as well! Good Luck!
I found that I have a day like this every so often. I think it's part of our bodies adjusting to the new weight and also our mental images of ourselves changing. Kind of a "grieving" process, even though we know that the new is so, so much better than what we were. Just my two cents...

Have a wonderful day, everyone! I'm getting a really late start today, but it's summer. Rain, rain rain in Louisiana....
Old 07-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #74  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and stomach bug. Ugh. I'm having a hard time getting my veggies in. So far I've only had some broth and two shakes. Oh, and lots of water. Hoping to "flush" the bug out and get the veggies in for dinner and a late snack. Luckily, my 15 month old seems healthy, but is taking it easy on me today

Today is two weeks on IP and so far...I LOVE IT! The scale is moving and more importantly, my mind is getting into the right place regarding my codependent relationship with food

As always, thank you for your inspiration, recipes and advice. This site is an endless resource I am so appreciative for! Have a great Thursday everyone!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #75  
Started IP 1/18/2012

S/C/G: 224/149/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Hi Everyone! Day #4! Talked to my coach and added an extra potassium pill for the leg cramps. So far, so good. I'm really struggling to eat a salad - the last two days I've only been able to to choke down a bite. I usually love salads, but with cheese, croutons, and creamy dressing Does anyone know if we can add any type of bacon (perhaps turkey bacon?) to our salads? Any other suggestions for salads?

This morning I felt "off", just not myself so I'm wondering if I'm hitting detox. Thanks for listening! I'm grateful!
Hey there! You are doing great! Two things as far as the salads go:
1. you don't HAVE to eat salad. At first I had trouble with them, so I opted for steamed or roasted veggies. I even just ate pickles a few days when I didn't want a salad. Cucumber slices, celery, sprinkled with a little sea salt is also great!

2. Now I eat a salad most days with lunch. I like to make the biulk romaine and iceberg. Then I add my veggies. To give it a little something, I sometimes add a sprinkling of hard boiled egg (deduct from my dinner protein, but I don't use much, maybe 1/2 an egg), or even a little diced turkey or chicken (again, deduct from the 8 oz. allowance). Maybe even add a touch of veggie shreds cheese. For a dressing, I use vinegar and spicy mustard with a tiny bit of olive oil.

You got this!!!!

Trish
Closed Thread