Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusflowerbomb View Post
My bathroom issues are the opposite of yours. I get locked up. The only time I have had things go right through me have been the times I have cheated. Go figure. I have to take the Novilax and even that dosen't always move me.
Try the floralax if you're having lots of trouble. Novilax isn't good for long term use but floralax can be used every day. It's changed my life!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #47  

Height: 5'7

I'm back! I've been off of IP for a little over a month, but I'm back and ready to get this done! I have my wedding next August, engagement photo's this September, trips, etc. I need to do it! I've missed the great feeling of losing and the amazing sleep I was getting on IP. SO, here I am!

I went to my WI yesterday and was up a total of 4 lbs., 1%BF and a few inches. Not too bad, but it needs to go!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #48  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
I was just wondering how everyone was handleing buying new clothes and getting rid of old ones. Do you buy them as you are losing weight? Are you waiting until you hit your goal? I have clothes that range from a 16W to a 14 in my closet. I don't have too much stuff in the 14 so I am running out of options. Somedays I wear things that are clearly too big. I am trying to hold off on purchasing something until I get closer to my goal. Maybe I can reward myself with clothes instead of food.
I think it depends on the situation and how much you have to loose.

I'm luckier than most out there I wear jeans to work (work in a pool store and often get chlorine on my pants), so I don't have to wear (can't) wear professional clothes to work.

I just went to Savers (like Goodwill, but huge) this weekend and bought 3 pairs of jeans and a couple of belts (to hold up the now quite large jeans), and summer purse for $39.

I will be buying clothes from now and then, because I still have 80 pounds to loose. I'll just go to concignment and thrift stores with non-thrift store purchase if needed for a special ocassion.

Plus, it feels good to wear clothes that fit right, you feel better about yourself than being all schluppy in ill-fitting clothes.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #49  
Started IP 7/3/12

S/C/G: 268/257.5/135

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Unexpected Feelings

Good morning everyone,

I'm in the middle of week two and have lost 8 pounds already. Today I find myself very depressed and I think I'm mourning the loss of my protective shield (fat) and the loss of my drug of choice (food).

Still, I know that cheating is not an option for me. I had a delicious chocolate drink this morning with cocoa powder, cinnamon, and some WF caramel syrup. It was great!

I echo what someone else posted (sort of) earlier. Acknowledge your feelings, make room for your feelings, feel your feelings. Then, let go of your feelings and do the things that you know you need to do. At least that is what is working for me this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 238/191/148

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Try the floralax if you're having lots of trouble. Novilax isn't good for long term use but floralax can be used every day. It's changed my life!
Where do you buy the floralax from?
Old 07-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

GrandmaKiss I sure hope you are right! I was so hungry Monday and yesterday - today's ok so far, but boy - I hope you are onto something!

IPdivajen I am jealous. I can't wait to see Magic Mike. I am more of a Robert Pattinson and Ryan Gosling fan, but Channing Tatum looks sooo good! Let us know how it is!

I am looking forward to a great day. Working from home so that should be relaxing! And then, LosingLawyer and I are going to go to Body Pump! Anyone else do this? The new routine (Body Pump 82) is intense in a "hurts so good" kind of way! Have a great day everyone
Old 07-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 238/191/148

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet254 View Post
Good morning everyone,

I'm in the middle of week two and have lost 8 pounds already. Today I find myself very depressed and I think I'm mourning the loss of my protective shield (fat) and the loss of my drug of choice (food).

Still, I know that cheating is not an option for me. I had a delicious chocolate drink this morning with cocoa powder, cinnamon, and some WF caramel syrup. It was great!

I echo what someone else posted (sort of) earlier. Acknowledge your feelings, make room for your feelings, feel your feelings. Then, let go of your feelings and do the things that you know you need to do. At least that is what is working for me this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Thanks for the feelings quote. I needed to hear that. I have been an emotional rollercoaster. Not to count I am craving fried chicen wings from Pizza Brothers. Oh yum. I will eat my veggies for lunch instead and enjoy them. I know my cravings are mental and not physical. The hunger is physical but the cravings aren't.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #53  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
This is a reply from last night to CarCamMom

Quote:

This is exactly my problem! I just need something...Do you count this towards your 8 oz of protein each day? I was at the grocery store for an hour today looking for some lunchmeat that would be 0 carbs/0 sugar....tough to find one. Which kind have you found?

I go to the deli section and get the oven roasted turkey slices. If I am really hungry I will get 1/4 lb which is 4 oz then go for a small chicken breast in the evening to round off my 8-9 oz of meat. 2 or 3 slices of turkey is usually less than 1 oz if they slice it thin. This works for me an has allowed me to not stray during my work week.
I'm going to go get some today. I will probably drive the deli guy crazy because I will need to check all of the nutrition labels. Last week I was there checking labels and found out that my favorite chicken breast from Healthy Ones had 1 gram of sugar and 1 carb. I haven't had any of this since starting IP, but it still makes me mad that the manufacturers have to add sugar to everything! No wonder our country is in an obesity crisis!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #54  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
GrandmaKiss I sure hope you are right! I was so hungry Monday and yesterday - today's ok so far, but boy - I hope you are onto something!

IPdivajen I am jealous. I can't wait to see Magic Mike. I am more of a Robert Pattinson and Ryan Gosling fan, but Channing Tatum looks sooo good! Let us know how it is!

I am looking forward to a great day. Working from home so that should be relaxing! And then, LosingLawyer and I are going to go to Body Pump! Anyone else do this? The new routine (Body Pump 82) is intense in a "hurts so good" kind of way! Have a great day everyone
I LOVE Body Pump! Last time I was on IP, I did it and felt very sick afterwards. I hope in the next few months to get back to going at least twice a week. I am starting running again, as I have a 5k and 10k in the next few months, I'm looking forward to getting back into my workouts, but a bit nerveous in terms of how it goes and how I feel, but we will see.

Good luck with Body Pump today. The hurts so good is a great feeling when it's done!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #55  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I've got a busy day of doctors appointments. Going to try and hit up some consignment shops while I'm out on my own (hubby took the day off and is staying with the kids!!).
ENJOY YOUR DAY! And the scale always plays tricks with us - I've had my own battles - but we are winning the war! I am hitting up some consignments the weekend after next - cleared out my closet for some trades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
I think I have begun to notice a pattern with my weight loss. Every so often I will have will have 2-3 days of EXTREME hunger. I mean I'd eat the walls if I could open my jaws wide enough, hungry. Then WOOSH the weight falls off in a big chunk and the hunger goes away. Over the next few days the scale will do its usual 2 pound cha-cha-cha which makes me feel like I'm gaining, losing, gaining, but then the hungeries hit again. Two days later the big loss happens again.
I have this EXACT pattern - and it is a TRUE hunger, nothing 'mental' about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishak View Post
My coach and I talked, and I am not formally changing my goal, but I am going to stay on phase 1 until I feel ready to move on, taking it week to week.
My original goal with my coach is still set at 150, but I told her I will take it week by week in Phase 1 until I feel comfortable. I definitely feel more comfortable in my skin, but I'd like to get my BF% down some more before I phase off (that's my main driver more than the scale).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverGal View Post
On another note...I get the pleasure of apologizing to a coworker today for something I don't think I should have to apologize for...the joys of office politics and bowing to the most sensitive person in the office...
Ugh, I swear the most hormonal person on my program is a guy and I want to slip a bottle of Pamprin on his desk every day to see if it would curb his 'sensitivity'. Office politics blow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athebeach View Post
Today I tried again, Put the cereal in the blender and added the egg whites and whipped it up. They were awesome. I did not remember to add any flavorings, but used WF bluebberry syrup. I will make this again for sure.
I always whip up my egg whites with my immersion blender whisk attachment until 'frothy' before I fold in my crushed cereal, 1/2 tsp baking powder, & 3 oz water. I also add pumpkin pie spice and will add shredded zucchini when I need more 'bulk' in my breakfast (usually on Sundays weightlifting breakfast days - I make them on the weekends when I have time to 'cook' breakfast). I usually have a tub of rhubarb cooked with WF strawberry in the fridge that I will top them off with sometimes as well (WF Panckake syrup is out of stock right now - that's my favorite).

Quote:
I was just wondering how everyone was handleing buying new clothes and getting rid of old ones. Do you buy them as you are losing weight? Are you waiting until you hit your goal? I have clothes that range from a 16W to a 14 in my closet. I don't have too much stuff in the 14 so I am running out of options. Somedays I wear things that are clearly too big. I am trying to hold off on purchasing something until I get closer to my goal. Maybe I can reward myself with clothes instead of food.
I'm down to my barebones right now, and they are all slightly big as well. I've been hitting up the Old Navy clearance rack (w/coupons) - but I work in a casual environment. I buy my jeans every other size (I started with 16s/14s and 1 pair of size 12 'goal jeans' - then waited to buy 8s, then bought 4s, which I am wearing now - spent $16 each on them - there is a period of extreme butt sagginess). I get a few select cheap tops and don't spend more than $5 each on them, they don't last very long - but I don't usually stay in them long either. Some of my old tops still fit, albeit a bit blousy, but not too extreme. I plan on buying a 'real' wardrobe when I hit goal. I dumped all my size 16s, 14s, and XL tops for $1 each at a garage sale in May, but now I have a second set of clothes that I am taking to a consignment store weekend after next and see what I can exchange them for (this set is nicer than the first set, which was another Old Navy dumping).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet254 View Post
You may be going through a hormonal swing due to your fat burning. Remember that estrogen is stored in your fat cells and gets released as you burn off the fat on this diet - hence crazy TOM, failed birth control, and unexpected emotional rollercoasters.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #56  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
And then, LosingLawyer and I are going to go to Body Pump! Anyone else do this? The new routine (Body Pump 82) is intense in a "hurts so good" kind of way! Have a great day everyone
I have BODYPUMP tonight as well! I had already started increasing my weights with release 81, then went ahead and increased them again with the new release (per my instructors suggestion) - she said since the sets are a little shorter. I am seeing real definition in my arms & shoulders - and my legs are definitely feeling much firmer. I go 3x/week, but I actually skipped this Tuesday because of allergies/car trouble. Enjoy!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #57  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning, All! Both of my girls decided they wanted to go to Boys and Girls Club today so I am home all day BY MYSELF!!! What to do, what to do!?!?!? I'll probably clean a closet and then sit on this forum all day...LOL

So, here's a question for everyone...I just had my second WI this week and am very happy with the program and am hoping for great results. I am not hungry at all, but am still dealing with very strong cravings all of the time. I know I am not hungry, but still am craving something...sweet or salty...it doesn't matter, I just want something. I have done the typical stuff...drinking hot tea, drinking more water, distract myself with something, come to this site, etc. I am getting all of my veggies in and more than enough water. Like I said, I'm not hungry at all. It's just these cravings that I am afraid I won't be able to stay strong against. Someone talked about eating their walls today....Last night I was ready to eat my pillow. Any suggestions? Does this get better or is it something that I will just have to learn to control? I've always had cravings which is probably why I probably have this weight issue to begin with. I was hoping IP would help to elimanate them. What do you guys think?

Tiger gave me a great suggestion last night about having some deli meat ready during the day and breaking up the protein into smaller doses. I'm going to try that today...anyone else have any thoughts?
Old 07-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #58  

Height: 5'3"

I've been a bit emotional the past few days (TOM, I'm sure), but I read earlier on here about estrogen being released when the fat is breaking down and it felt like a hallelujah moment.

The diet has been great to me, the results are showing and I feel better than ever, but I don't think I knew what it would be like to lose weight.. the feelings aspect. My body is changing every day and while I do love it, I haven't been this small in.. I don't even remember. Getting into new sizes of jeans and clothes is one of the best feelings, but it also leaves me a bit unsettled at times? If that makes any sense.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Just checking in to tell everyone here that I lost 2lbs this week for a total of 71lbs. Boy is it wonderful being thinner with the warm weather. Thanks again everyone. I love to read all the posts. Many nights I come on here to read so I do not get into mischief
Old 07-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Thanks for the feelings quote. I needed to hear that. I have been an emotional rollercoaster. Not to count I am craving fried chicen wings from Pizza Brothers. Oh yum. I will eat my veggies for lunch instead and enjoy them. I know my cravings are mental and not physical. The hunger is physical but the cravings aren't.
Maybe some wing sauce on plain chicken would help?

I have Beachbody's Body Pump. Can't wait to get back to it. I miss my workouts. I do love sleeping in though!
Closed Thread