Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #271  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good luck to everyone getting back to your cushion zone. The good news is that Phase 1 does work and will get that weight off.

On the subject of clothes..I looked at my work clothes and realized I have a whole closet of new/recycled clothes. I think I went a little nuts when I reached goal weight. However, I am happy wearing lots of color!

I am down the pounds and still in my window of 3 pounds. I am happy that low carb eating works.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #272  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
On the subject of clothes..I looked at my work clothes and realized I have a whole closet of new/recycled clothes. I think I went a little nuts when I reached goal weight. However, I am happy wearing lots of color!

I am down the pounds and still in my window of 3 pounds. I am happy that low carb eating works.
I also looked in my closet this weekend and realized that 100% of my work clothes are all brand new! But then again - I have been heavy all my life, so I had blown through my "skinny" clothes when I went past size 12 (the size of my original 'goal jeans'). I actually went out this weekend and bought some new workout clothes too - crazy that even wearing those "tighter" clothes I am in danger of pantsing myself.

So - regarding the Maintenance Anxiety - I have to fully admit to having that myself. I actually plan on working on baby #2 a few months into Maintenance and I have that same concern. But not really for vanity or clothes, etc - I have a back condition that was aggravated by my first (overweight) pregnancy and lost this weight to prepare for conception. IF I were to conceive there is no Phase 1 safety net, but I will say that I have definitely learned and compiled a whole new menu of delicious foods - I certainly didn't get heavy eating too many cucumber sorbets! At least I know a better shortcut for any ice cream cravings (Rhubarb & EAS Strawberry!).
Old 08-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #273  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Hi everyone- been a while. I am up and am working on it. Summer has been fun but I do not love the weight I am at.
I am with you! It's been awhile for me too....

The summer "fun" definitely has put me at a "not-so-fun weight." a cheat day turned into cheat days which turned into cheat weeks.... I am up almost 10 lbs. Most of my downfall was from drinking alcohol and enjoying summer BBQs / parties / weddings.

Today is a new beginning for me. No more cheating. Going back to phase 1 for a few weeks and hopefully I will begin to feel better.

Although I am disappointed in myself at least I didn't let it keep going the way it was. It feels good to start back on the healthy track. I even am tracking my foods today
Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Ah yes. Summer alcohol and bbqs! If only my resolve was as strong on Friday night as it is on Monday! Lol

Well school starts for my kids on Wednesday and I am promising myself that I will stick with phase 1/2 until I see 145 on the scale again. I hope it won't take too long! Being back in a normal routine will do us all a world of good.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #275  
Maile

Lizrr: I am in the same boat with all new work clothes. I think you have developed such a huge range of healthy recipes that your next pregnancy will go much better. That is exciting to look forward to.

Fall is a good time to get on track..summer is very challenging with vacations, barbecues and family.

So I found the dismal statistics of weight maintenance again. I am posting them to give me a reminder that this maintenance is work and serious business.

The likelihood of regaining weight when you reach goal is 80% - 95%.
- When you've maintained for 2 years the likelihood of regain drops to 50%.
- When you've maintained for 5 years the likelihood of regain drops to 27%!

(http://clinical.diabet
esjournals.org/content/26/3/100
.full)

So here we go..joining the 5 percent who keep it off!

Last edited by Maile; 08-28-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
I am with you! It's been awhile for me too....

The summer "fun" definitely has put me at a "not-so-fun weight." a cheat day turned into cheat days which turned into cheat weeks.... I am up almost 10 lbs. Most of my downfall was from drinking alcohol and enjoying summer BBQs / parties / weddings.

Today is a new beginning for me. No more cheating. Going back to phase 1 for a few weeks and hopefully I will begin to feel better.

Although I am disappointed in myself at least I didn't let it keep going the way it was. It feels good to start back on the healthy track. I even am tracking my foods today
Ditto ditto for me...up ten lbs. after summer partying, family, travel. I am Soooo not proud of myself and have been avoiding even showing up here! Bad move Sunnymae...but here I am. I still have labor day weekend to go, but will start making healthier choices as I go along this week with the intention of phase 1ing with mostly real food and some shakes after labor day. Money is so tight right now, so I'm looking at all the alternative sales online plus good old real food! Wish me luck ladies....I need encouragement. I also need to show my behind up here everyday if I'm going to remain accountable. Isolating is what got me up to 162 in the first place, so it sure won't work for weight loss...duh!!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #277  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
The likelihood of regaining weight when you reach goal is 80% - 95%.
- When you've maintained for 2 years the likelihood of regain drops to 50%.
- When you've maintained for 5 years the likelihood of regain drops to 27%!

(http://clinical.diabetesjournals.org...0<br /> .full)

So here we go..joining the 5 percent who keep it off!
Those are, in fact, dismal statistics that my coach actually reiterated during her Phase 3/4 workshop. She is very much into 'lifetime' visits with the clinic and has a minimum maintenance schedule (no fee, don't have to buy products) where we go back on Phase 4 for the 1st month weekly, 2nd month every other week, then 3rd-12th month 1x/month, then every year after that, at least. She said if we want to come in weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, etc. that is all the better - but said she wants to make sure to keep up 'face time' and encourages this online community since it's another way to be accountable and aware of how hard maintenance is. She is part of that 5%, a former IPer who has kept it off for several years now, so I think she has better insight than someone who hasn't gone through the Phases themselves.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I really hope to stick to it this weekend...I am hoping for a dry labour day...but that would be a first at our house! There is a big battle of Alberta football game and as stampeders fans there are usually red shooters at our house.

But, I am psyching myself up to refuse and stick to club soda!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

It is scary to see the statistics for regaining weight. I think many of us have lost the weight only to regain all, if not more and that is why we are here. I have vowed to myself, as I have in the past to keep it off this time. I feel so wonderful and my taste in foods have changed so much that I can't imagine going back to my old horrible habits, but I also know that when it comes to food, I am like an alcoholic and I need to take it one day at a time and if I slip up, take care not to let one day lead into 1 week, month, etc.
I am proud of where I am right now and I, too have a closet full of new clothes that I am looking forward to wearing this fall!
Hang in there ladies and remember how great it feels to be healthy and to look amazing!!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

I have been here since 2010 but didn't start posting until Jan 2011. And yes, it is hard. I am up 20 freaking pounds from Xmas last year and am trying desperately to get back on track and to stick to phase 1 and get these miserable pounds off! I feel it is easiest the first time around for sure.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
I wrote a huge message yesterday and lost it writing this on my phone so will apologize for any errors in advance...
Maile- I am so happy to hear that you would be willing to do a challenge again! Glad that you enjoyed the article... I have been using your thought of the day as my mantra the past couple days. It is a pitfall for me that my mind doesn't pick up what my body is throwing down... That I'm full and I can stop... . I have to make a concentrated effort to eat slowly and. CHew food like it's cud... When are students in for you?
Sneuse- your body will be extremely sensitive to high calorie intakes after following a vlcd such as IP. That's why following Phase 4 for at least as long as you were on the program is so vital. The body needs a chance to stabilize at your new weight and the caloric difference between Phase 1 and Phase 4 is plenty for it to try and deal with. In the beginning of Phase 4 I would have to do a minimum of 2 phase 1 days after a free day to return to my normal weight. After five months it started to only need one Phase 1 day thankfully. Give it time. But know that your body will always seek a way to put on extra pounds... It's survival instinct unfortunately... So vigilance is absolutely necessary. Gains can and should be dealt with immediately... Don't feel badly about the gain- the program is constructed so that we learn how to deal with gains and Phase 1 can and does take care of it pretty darn quick thankfully
LizR- welcome!!!! The start date of the challenge is fairly flexible at this point and as you and Ishbel have both expressed interest we can wait until you're done Phase 3 and Ishbel's back from Scotland.... Please post often as the more of us there are the stronger we get...
Mom2cs- sounds like we had the same summer. Had to laugh when I read your comment about fitting into fall clothes... This was totally my reasoning as well. I lived in skirts all summer and they are much more forgiving than skinny jeans...
Going to the cabin for the last time this summer so may not be around til Monday- have a great weekend all! I'm excited to start Phase 2 next week!
Capricious, what you told Sneuse really helps. thank you! This is why I regained so fast. I was given no guidance on how to handle phase 4. I will copy and paste that and really listen to my body this time when I get to maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Hi everyone.I just posted this on the daily chat thread, but thought I would get some input from the EXPERTS!

I am planning to go to phase 2 starting on Monday. Sounds good, right? But I am really scared to go into maintenance. I know I cannot stay on phase 1 forever. I am just where I want and need to be.

But, like most of us, I have never been successful at any maintenance plan I have been on...namely Weight Watchers.
So I am just reluctant...or terrified...to try this too.

I love the structure and no cheating mindset I get with phase 1. Phase 2 sounds easy...just adding a real protein source at lunch instead of a packet (right?).

Anyone else have these irrational issues? If so, any words of advice?
Is phase 4 as scary as I think it is?
Phase 4 is scary because of the lack of routine with the packets. it's easy to eat too much pasta or food combine your fat and carbs, I mean who wants a chicken Caesar salad without croutons? but we must relearn how to eat properly until phase 4 becomes as easy of a habit as phase 1 and 2 and 3.
You will be fine. Just don't do what I did. I stopped coming on the site and i enjoyed one holiday event after another and then spring break and so on.
Always weigh yourself weekly to check in with yourself and don't let yoursellf go up more than 3lbs or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Good morning ladies. My three pound window morphed into a five pound and when it hit eight, I decided to reboot with alternatives. After a particularly harrowing food day I decided to restart before my Nashua stuff gets here. So I am using the dregs of the IP packets that I didn't like. You know , the ones mushed into the back of the cupboard. So far so good. 24 hours in. Good news is that hubby is rebooting with me. That made all the difference the first time. Hope u don't mind if I keep coming back here for support.
I am with you. My IP shippment came in super qucik, thank goodness, I was dreading having to eat those blueberry pancake packets I ordered from Nashua that have been in my pantry that are plain old blah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Ditto ditto for me...up ten lbs. after summer partying, family, travel. I am Soooo not proud of myself and have been avoiding even showing up here! Bad move Sunnymae...but here I am. I still have labor day weekend to go, but will start making healthier choices as I go along this week with the intention of phase 1ing with mostly real food and some shakes after labor day. Money is so tight right now, so I'm looking at all the alternative sales online plus good old real food! Wish me luck ladies....I need encouragement. I also need to show my behind up here everyday if I'm going to remain accountable. Isolating is what got me up to 162 in the first place, so it sure won't work for weight loss...duh!!!!
You don't need luck, You can do it, we all can! And we are here, that is what counts!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #282  
Maile

Leganegan: Glad those packets are coming in! Good luck.

Determined: I really hope Phase 1 works for you. It worked before..You can do it.

Lori. I posted the quote that weight is managed not cured. I agree with you ..daily vigilance. I do not want to return to my old habits either nor lose those new clothes.

Momto2cs: Good luck on the club soda this weekend. It is hard when everyone around you is indulging. Hope it is dry.

Liza: I followed that same pattern with my coach. I also can return anytime for free to check in. That is great that your coach is an IP maintainer!!!!!

Sunnymae: It was good to hear from you. I find that posting helps me stay on track also. Good luck getting back on Phase 1.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default LizRR _ rhubarb and Strawberry EAS recipe?

Hi Liz,
Did you post your rhubarb and strawberry EAS recipe? My attempts at making ice cream in the Ham Beach pint ice cream maker have been futile.

I apologize if you posted it already and I just didn't find it.
Thanks,
Chloe
Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #284  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

So excited to be in THIS thread! Yay!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #285  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi Liz,
Did you post your rhubarb and strawberry EAS recipe? My attempts at making ice cream in the Ham Beach pint ice cream maker have been futile.

I apologize if you posted it already and I just didn't find it.
Thanks,
Chloe
I posted it in the 'Fun with Purée' thread - it turned out great, one tip I may add is to try adding in 1-2tsp unflavored gelatin and/or 1-2 egg whites with the mix if it turns out too icy. The gelatin absorbs some of the extra water to prevent 'over ice crystals' and egg & egg whites are common additions to ice cream custard base.

Basically it was 2c stewed rhubarb with 1 tbsp WF Strawberry, 1/2 packet Knox unflavored gelatin, and 1 EAS Strawberry. It didn't need the WF Strawberry with the EAS. I have an old, trusty, big ice cream machine that works great, and at its size & weight I expect it too!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4450137-post95.html

And FYI, I am loving the cucumber-lime sorbet! Can't wait for unlimited veggies for this one alone!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4433631-post52.html

Last edited by LizRR; 08-29-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Closed Thread