Old 07-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question TOM HELP!!! Experienced IPers pls answer!

Okay..so i had full blown TOM two weeks ago and it was abnormally heavy..Usually its really light but this time it was heavy...This was the first one since ive been on IP 100% for the past 4 weeks... Well its the end of week 5 right now, so far im down 17 pounds and all of the sudden out of nowhere this afternoon i started having horrible and i mean HORRIBLE TOM like cramps...Like, so bad that i have to lay down...yet no actual bleeding...Has anyone ever experienced this before? You get the cramps like TOM without the bleeding????Does it stay for a day and go away? Stick around for 7 days or what???
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Okay..so i had full blown TOM two weeks ago and it was abnormally heavy..Usually its really light but this time it was heavy...This was the first one since ive been on IP 100% for the past 4 weeks... Well its the end of week 5 right now, so far im down 17 pounds and all of the sudden out of nowhere this afternoon i started having horrible and i mean HORRIBLE TOM like cramps...Like, so bad that i have to lay down...yet no actual bleeding...Has anyone ever experienced this before? You get the cramps like TOM without the bleeding????Does it stay for a day and go away? Stick around for 7 days or what???
Porthardygurl,
I am having the EXACT same thing happening right now. I have had 3, wonderfully and unusually very light periods....soooo nice. Well this weekend I had cramps from Hello with no Tom. Well Tom found me today!!!! Flood gates open!!!! OMG. HORMONES!!!!!!!
NewPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Yep...gotta love what those stored hormones being released do. I still say it is better to let them go.
Meadow Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #4  
Porthardygurl

Angry TOM again... boo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Porthardygurl,
I am having the EXACT same thing happening right now. I have had 3, wonderfully and unusually very light periods....soooo nice. Well this weekend I had cramps from Hello with no Tom. Well Tom found me today!!!! Flood gates open!!!! OMG. HORMONES!!!!!!!
Oh my freakin Goodness...you were so right about that...Just not even 30 minutes after having massive cramps..all of the sudden TOM!!! AGAIN!!!! Thats like the second time this month!! I hope it doesnt last long!! No wonder i was so bloated the past few days...

Does it stick around long for you?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Oh my freakin Goodness...you were so right about that...Just not even 30 minutes after having massive cramps..all of the sudden TOM!!! AGAIN!!!! Thats like the second time this month!! I hope it doesnt last long!! No wonder i was so bloated the past few days...

Does it stick around long for you?
hi,

I did IP 2 years ago (back for a re boot now) and yes basically have protection ready at all times. It can last for many weeks (in a gentle way). I remember I was on the program for 2 weeks and I wasn't supposed to have it for another week, it started out of no where and it was right before I had to give a presentation. Also for the same reasons remember you can get pregnant even if on the pill or any other hormonal treatment to prevent pregnancy.
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #6  
Porthardygurl

Yah i can see that...It randomly showed up yesterday for the day..and it was gone this morning...is there a tendency to spot randomly ??? Im not on BC so i know that doesnt play into the equation.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #7  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I spot ever flipping day, since week 2...week 11 weigh in was this morning, 9 WEEKS of TOM GAH!!!!!!

Fun theory though, I wondered if I had more hormones stored up since I've been on the pill since I was 14? I'm on the depo shot now, not sure how well it'd "prevent" but it does more than prevent the release of the egg so eh *shrug*
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 280/Ticker/190

Height: 5'10"

My cramps are normally horrendous because I have an IUD (tmi), BUT.. I noticed this month, my first TOM with IP diet.. my cramps were 2-3x worse than normal. I was doing breathing exercises in the middle of Costco.. LOL. I think, like any change in your body, your TOM can be effected by IP diet. I wouldn't worry unless you notice other abnormal symptoms.
LindseyTradeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Yah i can see that...It randomly showed up yesterday for the day..and it was gone this morning...is there a tendency to spot randomly ??? Im not on BC so i know that doesnt play into the equation.
for me and remember I am on the pill, it would always start way before it was supposed to and would last way longer; I did not have random spotting.

don't worry about it, just remember its the fat going away and wear a panty liner at all times.
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I didn't have that problem at all. Most insurance companies offer a 24 hour nurse line. Check our health insurance and call them if you have that available to you. I'm sure it's the diet causing this to happen and you're probably fine, but peace of mind is a nice thing. Hope you feel better.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #11  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

I am like kay, i have had to deal with tom every week since week 1 and this is week 10 for me. cramps have been worse than ever in my life, and tom comes and goes as it pleases with NO warnings. i have to wear protection every single day...and wish it wasn't so but it is. i have never been on the pill, have had 4 children, then tubes tied at age 25 a long time ago, and the hormones are frustrating indeed, still the weight loss is worth it to me. i hope that tom doesn't last all year!! it sure "cramps" my lifestyle, no pun intended haha
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #12  
Life is 2 short.

Height: 5'5"

Been on IP 4 weeks. TOM came a few days ago and OMG worst cramps since my teenage days. I'm 43. It caught me completely off guard. I took some meds and sleep all day. It lasted about 8 hours. I hope this not what I'm to expect each month...
Cyoungms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #13  
Adult Member

S/C/G: 196/184/160

Height: 5'3

Stupid question here regarding TOM and cramping. As part of my Chronic Lyme, I have been taking magnesium and potassium supplements for about 3 years now ... my LLMD told me that the up side is No Cramping ... he was right! This is my second round with IP and never any cramps either time - so, my question is, do you think the cramping you all are getting could be from lower magnesium/potassium in your body?? Just a thought ... and I am soooo glad I am NOT in that boat with you all :O))
Aussieluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #14  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Congratulations Porthardy...you have reached IP womanhood (aka, crazy & unpredictable TOM).
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

LOL
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote