Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #61  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Kaypix- sorry to hear about your struggles with your mom. Her BF won't help her out and yet she wants to go be with him. Oy!! good for you for helping out. However, I have to laugh given your recent Whoosh Fairy visit... At least you won't have to buy an A$$ for your chaps!!! lol. have a great day.
Haha yeah I can get them for cheap that way!! LoL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
Kaypix- Congrats on your loss and the purchase of your 2 new pairs of jeans!
Sorry to misinform on that, I tried them on and they fit, I didn't actually buy them, they are $80 each or 2 for $120 and I don't have that kind of cash laying around lol, but I look forward to when I "need" size 10's then I HAVE to go shopping yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
kaypix, congrats on your WI and also on the jeans!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
Not judging or anything but if your m-i-l is moving to a man who wont help her move, pack up or drive, it does not sound like a basis for a good relationship. Sorry that the kids have to do all the work too.
Nah, you can judge, it's been a long A$$ year, we pay $335+$55+$30/month for MIL for the last year (car+insurance+cell phone) and her boyfriend is a complete donkey, but she's in luv after a 25 year marriage (got married at 17) ending in an ugly divorce and a 10 year relationship ending in the guy still loving her but moving away to get a job (total of 3 relationships now). This new beau wouldn't even help his own daughter move because he couldn't risk hurting himself, he's only 58! My dad's that age and helps with all sorts of stuff, just knows his limitations and when to ask for help etc. I can't wait until my car is truly paid off (next June) and then MIL keeps paying us (yeah, like that'll happen, she'll have some trauma like getting dumped by this jerk and has to move home now and wont' be able to pay for like a year or something ) I know it's not her "fault" but she didn' think she could afford a car when hers got totaled last summed in a flood, so we leased a NEW car ($350/month) so she could drive MY car which wasn't paid off, instead of the old truck that she can't drive cuz she's too short, then her phone she said was "our" idea so she didn't get onto her bf's plan (who she couldn't stand at the time) and the insurance. It wasn't her "fault" she didn't make her son pay mortgage when he was staying with her, so me and DH had to chip in an extra $400 to her one month to prevent foreclosure, which she is now in ANYWAYS (and still has "no" money even though she only has to pay $200/month in credit cards and stuff, then half the utilities). She's just "always" a victim, and I'm sick of it! Sorry, that was a long rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
So, slept horribly, allergies kicking in, feeling crappy, now I am stuck at home because the car won't start...waiting on the tow truck to the dealership(we had it serviced there on Sat...fishy huh?). Hubby came home and tried to jump it, no luck, but he dropped off the kid at daycare. At least I get a complimentary shuttle home so I don't have to spend hours in their lobby like this weekend.
But on the upside...I am wearing my size 4 jeans! They are comfy, no muffin top, so I have IP going for me! Stay OP folks...be checking in later!
Hooray no muffin top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
I never went "off" the program with non-IP friendly foods, but a few times I had more than one bar in a day based on how close we would be to home-base and how physically active I was. I felt like I was gaining, but I LOST!!
Welcome to the dark side Glad your vacation was still successful for you
Old 07-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

test, my tracker isn't posting
Yes it is...

Last edited by BLUEJEWEL; 07-09-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #63  
Started IP 5/16/2016

S/C/G: 220/220/165

Height: 5'6

Despite my dismay regarding my very expensive shaker this morning I was very glad that my weigh in showed a 3.2 pound weight loss.

I was a tad nervous this morn because I was coming off of the July 4th holiday week - I had family in town so there was crazy eats and cookin' going on - BUT - I was able to hold fast and stay OP.

I'm stunned that I wasn't even gravely tempted to delve into all the burgers and fries and cakes and ice cream and such.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #64  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

No weight lost this week Well, if you count the 0.2 pounds then I guess it is something, but better to say nothing.
I know it's my own fault because I had more extras than I should have last week. Still, I did resist A LOT of temptations because my family and friends ate like pigs all week and I didn't touch anything, I just had more cups of tea than usual and a few days I had a 4th packet.
It's hard to stay motivated when you don't lose any weight. It's the first time on IP that I really lose nothing Must be better this week and keep a positive outlook, I know. I can do this. Cheating is NOT AN OPTION.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
Hey, I noticed the 0 loss. I hope that you are staying positive. I had a zero loss once and I let it devastate me. It was a quirk and I have lost almost 40 lbs...effortlessly!!! You are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 157/141.5/125

Height: 5'2

I lost 3.4 pounds and 2.5 inches......I'm on my way baby!!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #67  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday fellow IPers! My husband made jicama fries with dinner last night. YUM!!!! I've always been a notoriously picky eater (especially with vegetables), and I love that the recipes I'm finding here are giving me the "courage" to explore!
I'm another daily weigher and the scale hasn't moved in a few, but I've been 100% OP so I'm not letting it stress me out....although I wish it would move To everyone with weigh-ins today, may the woosh fairy have visited you overnight!

USMCvet -- good luck with surgery today!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Default First Day

Hi Everyone!

Today is my first day and I'm actually nervous. So far, so good.

I have been researching for a month now and reading up on this thread and the others which are a HUGE help!

Thanks for all of the encouragement!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenesuer View Post
Despite my dismay regarding my very expensive shaker this morning I was very glad that my weigh in showed a 3.2 pound weight loss.

I was a tad nervous this morn because I was coming off of the July 4th holiday week - I had family in town so there was crazy eats and cookin' going on - BUT - I was able to hold fast and stay OP.

I'm stunned that I wasn't even gravely tempted to delve into all the burgers and fries and cakes and ice cream and such.
That is one fancy shaker!! Sorry about that little escapade.

I too recently went to a family gathering. Oh my the carbs there! Constantly out and about for consumption over a three day get together at a church camp! What a deal. I have 50+ year history with this family feed event, too. Was not sure I could weather it. But, I did! Veggies, salads, plain meats and eggs. No desserts. I even made it through homemade ice cream night without eating any. It was good to see that I could do it. My son 's girlfriend ate the apple pie and had a gallbladder attack. Felt bad for her. I knew what was wrong from personal experience. A big reminder of how I was taking care of myself.

Keep on with your new lifestyle and food choices!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

IPDivajen Been on vacation this past week and just saw your new pic - you look FANTASTIC!

LizRR Sorry for the rough morning, but at least you have cute size 4 jeans and NO MUFFIN TOP. That's awesome. I know you work out - do you do ab crunches? I would love to figure out how to lose my muffin top (I do the treadmill, and take Body Pump 2x/wk, but I don't know that they will specifically help with the muffin top situation).

I just got back from a week long vacation - a hot road trip filled with hiking, walking and a lot of fun! I stayed 100% OP and managed to lose 4 lbs! So happy today
Old 07-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Well, lost 3lbs- so thats good. I'm a bit frustrated with my clinic though. I seem to see a different coach every week. This weeks coach told me I COULD have phased off for my upcoming trip in just two weeks- that would have been FABULOUS to know! The more I think about this trip the less I even want to go. It's going to be SO hard to stay on plan. I may just eat 3 packets upfront and then get a spinach salad every night for dinner or something, since I can't predict where/what I'll be eating otherwise.

Must.Stay.Positive!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Thumbs up I'm back

Morning fellow IPers,
back at work after a week off. during that week here in Washington summer finally arrived . I know most a=of you have been baking but here in the northwest it has been cool and rainy. well my DH and DS have started making ice cream at home what a bummer, but i have stayed away
my DH is also a great cook and smoked chicken wings and ribs with BBQ sauce, bummer they looked so good. I was a good girl and stayed away.

hope everyone has a great day
Old 07-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

[QUOTE=jules26965;4399161]Happy Monday fellow IPers! My husband made jicama fries with dinner last night. YUM!!!! I've always been a notoriously picky eater (especially with vegetables), and I love that the recipes I'm finding here are giving me the "courage" to explore!
I'm another daily weigher and the scale hasn't moved in a few, but I've been 100% OP so I'm not letting it stress me out....although I wish it would move To everyone with weigh-ins today, may the woosh fairy have visited you overnight!

HI Jules how exactly do you make Jicama fries? I love Jicama.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #74  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

divajen: your new photo is amazing!! you are truly transforming yourself!! so inspiring!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #75  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26965 View Post
Happy Monday fellow IPers! My husband made jicama fries with dinner last night. YUM!!!! I've always been a notoriously picky eater (especially with vegetables), and I love that the recipes I'm finding here are giving me the "courage" to explore!

USMCvet -- good luck with surgery today!!!!
WOW!! My coach told me I could not have jicama! I wonder why b/c I sure would be eating those fries up!!
Closed Thread