Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #31  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

usmcvet - Good luck with your surgery. Please let us know how you are doing!!!

Morning everyone. I am taking my 2 girls, my mom, and my sister to Denali on the train today. It will be a 12 hour day for us, but I am excited for them. I went on the train 15 years ago with 25 2nd grade girls, so I am thinking this trip will be a lot more relaxing and fun for me I will let you know tomorrow how it goes.

I hope all of you have a great IP day. I know I will
Old 07-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Good morning! I am back!

I had to go off IP for awhile. I had several things happen such that I could not spend on the products. There were also several out of town trips to deal with also. I have to say it was all a bit scarey to me!

Today, I am able to get back to the program completely. Actually so relieved about that.

I worked hard to eat as well as I could. I stayed away from all grains and sugars. I kept the carbs low. Fortunately, I did not gain weight. In no way did I return to my previous eating style or choices.

While I was gone, I had some big revelations about why I compulsively ate, especially carbs, over the years. I have long struggled with depression. Before, I did not realize how much of an anxiety disorder I had been dealing with. It was just my way of struggling through life and hard for me to understand what was going on! Realizing all this and thinking back over my life and the suffering has been a lot to take in.

Anyway, starting my morning with water first. The adventure continues.
welcome back, Samba. i have been thinking of you lately. sounds like you've had some great insights. that is why i like IP... it took the carbs out of the picture so i could get real about my relationship with food. It is incredible how sugar can mess with the emotional picture. good for you.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #33  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone.. Glad to be back on a regular schedule for a while.. Had a busy few weeks getting stuff done on the house.. We are finally cooling off in NJ and am enjoying it

So I decided to be brave enough and post a pic (it is not recent but it is a pic ) and I cant get it to load \o/

Last edited by sanaroph; 07-09-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #34  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

After being gone for many, many months & going through a rough time in life; I do believe I'm FINALLY seeing the other side of it. I'm back & you can expect me AROUND FOR GOOD! I'm not doing this flipping & flopping thing anymore, I'm back & this is where I NEED TO BE.

Already had my breakfast shake & now I'm almost done with my first liter of water! Woo! I GOT THIS!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Thanks all for the welcome back!

Usmcvet: hope surgery gives you great results! You are in much better shape to undergo surgery than before losing. Yay!

Kickapookicks: Glad to see you started posting. Join in! Everyone adds to the community!

Chloe222: Yes, I was definitely dealing with emotions. Then, an addiction to carbs grew, then my metabolism broke..... I am really working on transforming life as I knew it. IP has been the catalyst. I hope that anyone else who has reasons for overeating can begin to find those.
I recommend knitting! I restarted it too. This month I am on my third Baktus scarf. It is a free pattern on Ravelry. I love the site. Lots of free patterns and inspiration. I like simple patterns and small projects that I can tote along.

Greeniris: Thank you! I too have been struck with the fact that I have been strong to make it as far as I have with a social anxiety and some generalized anxiety. Then the health problems from the eating. I am so hopeful about getting better.

Mooselover: Good to "hear" from you! You are looking really great! I am glad to be back to the IP strictly. Just a few more pounds to go in that regard.

Swimcoachmama: Thank you for thinking of me! A relationship with food, boy, that does say a lot about it! I had to mourn parts of that changing. Right now, I am very careful as I know the pitfalls are there. One day, one meal at a time right now.

OMGitzMiranda: glad you are back. You are worth it no matter what it takes to get healthy and well!

Kaypix: i hear you on the money fun! Glad the weight loss is working though!

Last edited by Samba; 07-09-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Good morning IPeeps! Well, I had my official 11 week weigh in, and I'm down 3.2 pounds to 166.6! Woot Woot Cachoo! I was bouncing at 166.0 for a couple days, which is a good sign for me. NSV - I went to "le mall" with DH yesterday to trade in some video games and he asked where I wanted to go. I HATE clothes shopping, HATE HATE HATE it, just cuz I'm a Fruit of the Loom T-shirts and Levi jeans type of person. So on a whim I say "Express" (drool) because they have super amazing clothes that I know I haven't fit in for forever. I grabbed 2 pairs of jeans (different cuts/brands) one in a 12L and one in a 10L, they both fit! Actually the 10 was as tight as the 12 on me, but those folks don't mess around with sizing, being a 14 I couldn't even shop there :S So I'm pumped that I can squeeze into 10's. It'll be a bit yet before I can just throw out the 12s and wear 10's period, but I'll take what I can get!
Downside, I think my mother in law isn't going to pay me her quarterly car payment (she can't afford to pay me each month but gets quarterly bonuses) because she wants to move to minnesota to be with her boyfriend, who won't pay to help her move, or come down to help her pack or drive the u-haul up (us lucky kids get to help her). The financial burden is starting to suck, as my car still has a legitimate loan on it, and we pay $335/month for it, she pays us $600 every 3 months, and that includes the $50/month car insurance we pay on it (we also pay her cell phone bill of $30/mont). I feel like I have a 57 year old daughter! Result if she doesn't pay us: No new clothes for me, no new helmet for DH, and our trip to Sturgis will be tight financially. >.<

Today at work HAS to be productive; the boss comes back next Monday and I don't want him to think I'm slacking!

The flab under my arms is finally starting to firm up a bit, I'm thinking riding is helping out with that, so I'm also happy about THAT little turn of events.
Kaypix- sorry to hear about your struggles with your mom. Her BF won't help her out and yet she wants to go be with him. Oy!! good for you for helping out. However, I have to laugh given your recent Whoosh Fairy visit... At least you won't have to buy an A$$ for your chaps!!! lol. have a great day.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #37  

Lots on my mind today! First, I am absolutely loving my crispy cereal pancake with WF apple butter and coffee...YUM! Second, I do not know how to buy clothes unless I am ordering bras from a catalog or Lane Bryant! I haven't been able to buy off the rack in a VERY LONG TIME. I can't believe I am looking at Large sizes, not XL,or XXL. No more PLUS SIZE. It sounds weird I am sure but I am out of my comfort zone. IP is amazing!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

IPdivajen: i am working hard at changing my approach and thinking toward food. Wow. That is a big deal! I think much of it is subconscious. I do not fully realize how and why I behave around it like I do. I'm definitely a foodie though. I have friends who don't have issues around food. I can't relate. Wish I knew some easy steps to take, but I am working on awareness and relaxation when I feel the urge to put something in my mouth.

hgamroth: it is strange to shop off the rack isn't it? I still have not found a great bra, but am waiting until closer to goal. So happy for you and your new sizes!

Last edited by Samba; 07-09-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #39  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, everyone! Ah!!! It's a rainy Monday here in Louisiana!

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Best of luck on your surgery, usmcvet! We'll all be thinking of you!

Samba, welcome back!

April, I'm sure it's ok for a day or so. Our clinic gave me Real Salt brand as a starter and I like it. I've seen it in stores.

kaypix, congrats on your WI and also on the jeans!

Last edited by joysh; 07-09-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #40  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
After being gone for many, many months & going through a rough time in life; I do believe I'm FINALLY seeing the other side of it. I'm back & you can expect me AROUND FOR GOOD! I'm not doing this flipping & flopping thing anymore, I'm back & this is where I NEED TO BE.

Already had my breakfast shake & now I'm almost done with my first liter of water! Woo! I GOT THIS!
Welcome back Miranda and Samba, y'all know it works well this is why you came back! glad to see y'all around again...Missed y'all
Old 07-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #41  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Good morning! My weigh in is tomorrow. I am finishing up my 6th week! I can't believe how fast and easy these last 6 weeks have been. I haven't seen a loss (or gain) this week,so I am hoping that whoosh fairy visits before tomorrow!!

I am trying to decide if I want to spend the day at school getting my classroom ready already. Today is my husband's last day at home from his back surgery, so I think I need to take advantage of him watching my 2 little ones.

Well, I hope everyone has a super OP day!
Hi...What grade do you teach?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey April, you should be fine for a few days.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #43  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Gott run the trimmer then off for wrist surgery. No trimming for a few weeks!
Good luck with your surgery usmcvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickapookicks View Post
Morning! This is my first post. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks, but I have to say thank you for all the support you all have already given me.

So far, I like the plan, and I have found that I really like rutabagas and fennel. Who knew? Not this girl.
Welcome to posting! I have yet to try rutabagas and fennel. Will add to the list soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
So, I grab my pack of apple cinnamon soy puffs for breakfast this morning and head out the door to work stomach growling all the way. I get to work, open the packet and pour into a cup only to discover I have dill pickle zippers for breakfast. Uggghhh..... I like the dill pickle zippers, but not for breakfast. LOL Happy Monday to everyone.
LOL I did the same thing 3x last week.. Went thinking I had a vanilla shake mix and poured out a soy patty mix, a herb & cheese omelette mix and a pudding..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, have a great day!
Have a great day too shathom! You are slimming down quite a bit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Good morning! I am back!

I had to go off IP for awhile. I had several things happen such that I could not spend on the products. There were also several out of town trips to deal with also. I have to say it was all a bit scarey to me!

Today, I am able to get back to the program completely. Actually so relieved about that.

I worked hard to eat as well as I could. I stayed away from all grains and sugars. I kept the carbs low. Fortunately, I did not gain weight. In no way did I return to my previous eating style or choices.

While I was gone, I had some big revelations about why I compulsively ate, especially carbs, over the years. I have long struggled with depression. Before, I did not realize how much of an anxiety disorder I had been dealing with. It was just my way of struggling through life and hard for me to understand what was going on! Realizing all this and thinking back over my life and the suffering has been a lot to take in.

Anyway, starting my morning with water first. The adventure continues.
Welcome back Samba I have missed your posts. You are so spot on about how we use food to mask other issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
Good morning all. I'm having issues eating. I'm having to force myself to eat. Is that normal? One thing I can count on is that I am usually okay for breakfast. It's lunch and dinner I have an issue with.

Anyways....have a great day IPers! THINK THIN!
I found that I had to eat on schedule the first few days. It should level out soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

IP provides the basis for an interesting journey, if one takes the time to think about what's happening emotionally.
This is so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
WI day here. A bit bummed because it looks like I gained weight from my low this week ;(
Still sending the whoosh fairy your way for a pleasant weigh in surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Good morning IPeeps! Well, I had my official 11 week weigh in, and I'm down 3.2 pounds to 166.6! Woot Woot Cachoo! I was bouncing at 166.0 for a couple days, which is a good sign for me. NSV - I went to "le mall" with DH yesterday to trade in some video games and he asked where I wanted to go. I HATE clothes shopping, HATE HATE HATE it, just cuz I'm a Fruit of the Loom T-shirts and Levi jeans type of person. So on a whim I say "Express" (drool) because they have super amazing clothes that I know I haven't fit in for forever. I grabbed 2 pairs of jeans (different cuts/brands) one in a 12L and one in a 10L, they both fit! Actually the 10 was as tight as the 12 on me, but those folks don't mess around with sizing, being a 14 I couldn't even shop there :S So I'm pumped that I can squeeze into 10's. It'll be a bit yet before I can just throw out the 12s and wear 10's period, but I'll take what I can get!
Downside, I think my mother in law isn't going to pay me her quarterly car payment (she can't afford to pay me each month but gets quarterly bonuses) because she wants to move to minnesota to be with her boyfriend, who won't pay to help her move, or come down to help her pack or drive the u-haul up (us lucky kids get to help her). The financial burden is starting to suck, as my car still has a legitimate loan on it, and we pay $335/month for it, she pays us $600 every 3 months, and that includes the $50/month car insurance we pay on it (we also pay her cell phone bill of $30/mont). I feel like I have a 57 year old daughter! Result if she doesn't pay us: No new clothes for me, no new helmet for DH, and our trip to Sturgis will be tight financially. >.<

Today at work HAS to be productive; the boss comes back next Monday and I don't want him to think I'm slacking!

The flab under my arms is finally starting to firm up a bit, I'm thinking riding is helping out with that, so I'm also happy about THAT little turn of events.
Not judging or anything but if your m-i-l is moving to a man who wont help her move, pack up or drive, it does not sound like a basis for a good relationship. Sorry that the kids have to do all the work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Good morning!
Samba, it sounds like you have gained some great insights. I hope to change both my thoughts and my habits. There are definitely times when I know I'm acting fat even though I'm eating op. I'm only halfway done with my weightloss, so hopefully I can still get a handle on the emotioal/boredom side of eating.

Today is my WI. Please send me the whoooosh fairy. There is a chance I could make it to onederland. I am bracing myself and telling myself not to expect it, but of course I can't wait to get there. This last ten pounds have been agonizingly slow even though I've been op.

Whoosh fairy, send me some love!
sending the whoosh fairy to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Good morning! My weigh in is tomorrow. I am finishing up my 6th week! I can't believe how fast and easy these last 6 weeks have been. I haven't seen a loss (or gain) this week,so I am hoping that whoosh fairy visits before tomorrow!!

I am trying to decide if I want to spend the day at school getting my classroom ready already. Today is my husband's last day at home from his back surgery, so I think I need to take advantage of him watching my 2 little ones.

Well, I hope everyone has a super OP day!
Have a super OP day too

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
Good morning everyone!!!
I'm on my first day of IP (on my own). I do have a question I could use some clarification on. I bought Morton's Fine Sea Salt. It also says it's Mediterranean Sea Salt. I thought I had read on here somewhere that sea salt should not be all white like regular salt. This salt IS all white so wanted to make sure so I can buy another if needed. Thanks for the help!!!
Congratulations on starting IP!! I see you have an answer to the sea salt question
Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
Good morning IPers! I have been staying OP while going away on vacation for long weekends, but I'm really craving blueberries. Went to a farm stand and stuck to the locally grown zuccini, celery, and cucumbers. I found relief at barbeques-- sausage (are we allowed?). I'm hoping sausage is okay-- I made sure there were no breadcrumbs, sugar, or cheese in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Morning all! Lots going on in here already!

Big hellos and happy Mondays to everyone else!
Happy Monday to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Samba - So glad you are back and that you had some revelations to help you with your future. I missed you. I liked keeping up with you because you started about the same time as me. Welcome back!!!
Hi mooselover Love the before and now pics!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Lots on my mind today! First, I am absolutely loving my crispy cereal pancake with WF apple butter and coffee...YUM! Second, I do not know how to buy clothes unless I am ordering bras from a catalog or Lane Bryant! I haven't been able to buy off the rack in a VERY LONG TIME. I can't believe I am looking at Large sizes, not XL,or XXL. No more PLUS SIZE. It sounds weird I am sure but I am out of my comfort zone. IP is amazing!
I know how you feel with the sizing!! i still find myself looking thru each lane bryant catalog that comes to the house. I love wearing clothes without Ws or Xs in the size. I would suggest going to a shop where you can be fitted for a bra- it makes a huge difference.

how are you doing with the fires? we had some cool, damp weather, so things are clearer here. did your cabin do ok??
Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #45  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

So, slept horribly, allergies kicking in, feeling crappy, now I am stuck at home because the car won't start...waiting on the tow truck to the dealership(we had it serviced there on Sat...fishy huh?). Hubby came home and tried to jump it, no luck, but he dropped off the kid at daycare. At least I get a complimentary shuttle home so I don't have to spend hours in their lobby like this weekend.

But on the upside...I am wearing my size 4 jeans! They are comfy, no muffin top, so I have IP going for me! Stay OP folks...be checking in later!
Closed Thread