Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #16  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning IPeeps! Well, I had my official 11 week weigh in, and I'm down 3.2 pounds to 166.6! Woot Woot Cachoo! I was bouncing at 166.0 for a couple days, which is a good sign for me. NSV - I went to "le mall" with DH yesterday to trade in some video games and he asked where I wanted to go. I HATE clothes shopping, HATE HATE HATE it, just cuz I'm a Fruit of the Loom T-shirts and Levi jeans type of person. So on a whim I say "Express" (drool) because they have super amazing clothes that I know I haven't fit in for forever. I grabbed 2 pairs of jeans (different cuts/brands) one in a 12L and one in a 10L, they both fit! Actually the 10 was as tight as the 12 on me, but those folks don't mess around with sizing, being a 14 I couldn't even shop there :S So I'm pumped that I can squeeze into 10's. It'll be a bit yet before I can just throw out the 12s and wear 10's period, but I'll take what I can get!
Downside, I think my mother in law isn't going to pay me her quarterly car payment (she can't afford to pay me each month but gets quarterly bonuses) because she wants to move to minnesota to be with her boyfriend, who won't pay to help her move, or come down to help her pack or drive the u-haul up (us lucky kids get to help her). The financial burden is starting to suck, as my car still has a legitimate loan on it, and we pay $335/month for it, she pays us $600 every 3 months, and that includes the $50/month car insurance we pay on it (we also pay her cell phone bill of $30/mont). I feel like I have a 57 year old daughter! Result if she doesn't pay us: No new clothes for me, no new helmet for DH, and our trip to Sturgis will be tight financially. >.<

Today at work HAS to be productive; the boss comes back next Monday and I don't want him to think I'm slacking!

The flab under my arms is finally starting to firm up a bit, I'm thinking riding is helping out with that, so I'm also happy about THAT little turn of events.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #17  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning!
Samba, it sounds like you have gained some great insights. I hope to change both my thoughts and my habits. There are definitely times when I know I'm acting fat even though I'm eating op. I'm only halfway done with my weightloss, so hopefully I can still get a handle on the emotioal/boredom side of eating.

Today is my WI. Please send me the whoooosh fairy. There is a chance I could make it to onederland. I am bracing myself and telling myself not to expect it, but of course I can't wait to get there. This last ten pounds have been agonizingly slow even though I've been op.

Whoosh fairy, send me some love!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickapookicks View Post
Morning! This is my first post. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks, but I have to say thank you for all the support you all have already given me.

So far, I like the plan, and I have found that I really like rutabagas and fennel. Who knew? Not this girl.
Good job on plan! I still need to try rutababas and fennel myself- I will follow your example and try them!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #19  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning! Just a quick note to say hello and wish everyone a great OP week and good WIs for all.

Good luck, USMC, on your surgery.

Welcome, Kickapookicks! Glad to have you sharing our journey

Welcome back Samba. Sorry to hear you've been struggling, but it sounds like you're a very strong person to get to where you are now. Wishing you the best.

Last edited by greeniris; 07-09-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #20  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Good morning! My weigh in is tomorrow. I am finishing up my 6th week! I can't believe how fast and easy these last 6 weeks have been. I haven't seen a loss (or gain) this week,so I am hoping that whoosh fairy visits before tomorrow!!

I am trying to decide if I want to spend the day at school getting my classroom ready already. Today is my husband's last day at home from his back surgery, so I think I need to take advantage of him watching my 2 little ones.

Well, I hope everyone has a super OP day!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #21  

Default sea salt question

Good morning everyone!!!
I'm on my first day of IP (on my own). I do have a question I could use some clarification on. I bought Morton's Fine Sea Salt. It also says it's Mediterranean Sea Salt. I thought I had read on here somewhere that sea salt should not be all white like regular salt. This salt IS all white so wanted to make sure so I can buy another if needed. Thanks for the help!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
Good morning all. I'm having issues eating. I'm having to force myself to eat. Is that normal? One thing I can count on is that I am usually okay for breakfast. It's lunch and dinner I have an issue with.
I do RTD's or a drink for breakfast, but then I wait until lunch (something more substantial) before I take my vitamins and supplements.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #23  

Good morning IPers! I have been staying OP while going away on vacation for long weekends, but I'm really craving blueberries. Went to a farm stand and stuck to the locally grown zuccini, celery, and cucumbers. I found relief at barbeques-- sausage (are we allowed?). I'm hoping sausage is okay-- I made sure there were no breadcrumbs, sugar, or cheese in them.
Samba- It is so interesting that you were able to link your craving for carbs with your emotions. It really makes me wonder about my own carb/sugar addictions as well. Right before I found IP, this nutritionist friend told me my carb.addiction was related to my mother issues. She knows nothing about me and my mother (who I love, but who doesn't have mother issues). It made me mad to think that my mom is the reason I want to eat chips and ice cream for dinner.
Kickapookicks-- I love fennel too. How do you eat rutabaga?
Kaypix- Congrats on your loss and the purchase of your 2 new pairs of jeans!
Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Morning all! Lots going on in here already!

USMC - good luck with your surgery!

Samba - great to see you back! And I totally know what you mean about being forced to explore your eating habits. I know this will be a long term struggle for me and I spend a lot of time thinking how to change my fundamental approach to food. Still haven't come up with any earth shattering answers!

kicka - welcome!

chalo - good luck at WI!

Big hellos and happy Mondays to everyone else!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
Good morning everyone!!!
I'm on my first day of IP (on my own). I do have a question I could use some clarification on. I bought Morton's Fine Sea Salt. It also says it's Mediterranean Sea Salt. I thought I had read on here somewhere that sea salt should not be all white like regular salt. This salt IS all white so wanted to make sure so I can buy another if needed. Thanks for the help!!!
The white sea salt has been bleached which removes alot of the minerals that are good for you.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #26  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Good morning! I am back!

I had to go off IP for awhile. I had several things happen such that I could not spend on the products. There were also several out of town trips to deal with also. I have to say it was all a bit scarey to me!

Today, I am able to get back to the program completely. Actually so relieved about that.

I worked hard to eat as well as I could. I stayed away from all grains and sugars. I kept the carbs low. Fortunately, I did not gain weight. In no way did I return to my previous eating style or choices.

While I was gone, I had some big revelations about why I compulsively ate, especially carbs, over the years. I have long struggled with depression. Before, I did not realize how much of an anxiety disorder I had been dealing with. It was just my way of struggling through life and hard for me to understand what was going on! Realizing all this and thinking back over my life and the suffering has been a lot to take in.

Anyway, starting my morning with water first. The adventure continues.
Samba - So glad you are back and that you had some revelations to help you with your future. I missed you. I liked keeping up with you because you started about the same time as me. Welcome back!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #27  

MustangMolly- So am I ok using it for a few days until I go grocery shopping or should I get it sooner?

Anyone have a specific brand that I should get?

Thanks-April
Old 07-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #28  
Started IP June 28th

S/C/G: 247.4/189/167.4

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickapookicks View Post
Morning! This is my first post. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks, but I have to say thank you for all the support you all have already given me.

So far, I like the plan, and I have found that I really like rutabagas and fennel. Who knew? Not this girl.
Welcome! I haven't tried rutabaga yet. It's on my list. I love jicama, who knew! Where in Texas are you?

Sassy
Old 07-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #29  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone!!

Today starts a new week. Feels weird to have 3 Mondays in a 7 day span

I really despise Mondays though. It takes me a while to wake up. Honestly thought even on the weekends I wake up at the crack of dawn. It's just when I HAVE to get up.

Really I should like Mondays b/c that means one more day till my WI which I am always excited for.

VET - Good luck on your surgery today.

And good luck to everyone weighing in today. I hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Gott run the trimmer then off for wrist surgery. No trimming for a few weeks!
Good luck with the surgery.
Closed Thread