3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Monday 07/09/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/262556-ip-daily-chat-monday-07-09-12-a.html)

aimeed3 07-09-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiLee (Post 4399156)
I lost 3.4 pounds and 2.5 inches......I'm on my way baby!!

Whooooo!! Congrats on the weight and inches loss!! :carrot::carrot:

chicagoboiler 07-09-2012 02:49 PM

So my mom was inspired to join IP and today was her first weigh in. She lost 11lbs and lots of inches, but her coach freaked out because half of her loss was fat and the other lean mass. He questioned her over and over about cheating on non-IP products. She lives with me this summer and I know she has been awesome (except for some EAS carb control shakes I give her)...but it's never affected me. Per my coach, I told her to add some broth to the soup this last week to make it taste ok and she loved it. He freaked out about the broth and then just through his hands up in a puff and said "whatever".

For my own sanity, is chicken broth allowed from your coaches? It took a lot for my mom to commit to this and now she is upset even though she had a big loss. Anyone else with a similar experience their first week in body fat loss too?

Kaypix 07-09-2012 02:52 PM

Chicago: Think of it like this: If she's not cheating, then she's doing good. If for some reason she seems to be losing muscle, I'd imagine that means bump up the protein a bit? I've had the EAS shakes and Atkins and they've not slowed my loss that I can tell. Her coach should be more supportive >.< (sorry, I get defensive about coaches being mean to moms). Do they use a calibrator on her to determine the fat she lost or just a scale with fancy mechanics on it? I'm just curious, as my home scale has the fancy mechanics and my "body fat %" goes up and down a little here and there, but overall I see it goign down.

Diana B 07-09-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4398668)
Gott run the trimmer then off for wrist surgery. No trimming for a few weeks!

I'll be sending positive healing thoughts your way :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kickapookicks (Post 4398677)
Morning! This is my first post. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks, but I have to say thank you for all the support you all have already given me.

So far, I like the plan, and I have found that I really like rutabagas and fennel. Who knew? Not this girl.

This forum is awesome, I do a lot of lurking too, and have gotten so much motivation and learned so much here, :wel3fc:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4398696)
So, I grab my pack of apple cinnamon soy puffs for breakfast this morning and head out the door to work stomach growling all the way. I get to work, open the packet and pour into a cup only to discover I have dill pickle zippers for breakfast. Uggghhh..... I like the dill pickle zippers, but not for breakfast. LOL Happy Monday to everyone.

What are dill pickle zippers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shathom (Post 4398699)
Good morning all, have a great day!

Good morning :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samba (Post 4398701)
Good morning! I am back!

I had to go off IP for awhile. I had several things happen such that I could not spend on the products. There were also several out of town trips to deal with also. I have to say it was all a bit scarey to me!

Today, I am able to get back to the program completely. Actually so relieved about that.

I worked hard to eat as well as I could. I stayed away from all grains and sugars. I kept the carbs low. Fortunately, I did not gain weight. In no way did I return to my previous eating style or choices.

While I was gone, I had some big revelations about why I compulsively ate, especially carbs, over the years. I have long struggled with depression. Before, I did not realize how much of an anxiety disorder I had been dealing with. It was just my way of struggling through life and hard for me to understand what was going on! Realizing all this and thinking back over my life and the suffering has been a lot to take in.

Anyway, starting my morning with water first. The adventure continues.

I have anxiety issues myself, and combined with still eating like I did when I was young and thin, the weight piled on. I am starting to see my patterns and IP has really helped....it's ok to feel hungry sometimes, I would just keep going till I couldn't move, lol! I have been 100% OP even when it seems that I will collapse frpm hunger, lol, we've got this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticiabean (Post 4398715)
Good morning all. I'm having issues eating. I'm having to force myself to eat. Is that normal? One thing I can count on is that I am usually okay for breakfast. It's lunch and dinner I have an issue with.

Anyways....have a great day IPers! THINK THIN!

I've never had a problem getting my food in, :o, good luck to you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAScents (Post 4398724)
WI day here. A bit bummed because it looks like I gained weight from my low this week ;(

Remember, ups and downs, our bodies are trying to adjust to our new healthier weight :smug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaloJ (Post 4398742)
Good morning!
Samba, it sounds like you have gained some great insights. I hope to change both my thoughts and my habits. There are definitely times when I know I'm acting fat even though I'm eating op. I'm only halfway done with my weightloss, so hopefully I can still get a handle on the emotioal/boredom side of eating.

Today is my WI. Please send me the whoooosh fairy. There is a chance I could make it to onederland. I am bracing myself and telling myself not to expect it, but of course I can't wait to get there. This last ten pounds have been agonizingly slow even though I've been op.

Whoosh fairy, send me some love!

Whoosh.....:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda (Post 4398848)
After being gone for many, many months & going through a rough time in life; I do believe I'm FINALLY seeing the other side of it. I'm back & you can expect me AROUND FOR GOOD! I'm not doing this flipping & flopping thing anymore, I'm back & this is where I NEED TO BE.

Already had my breakfast shake & now I'm almost done with my first liter of water! Woo! I GOT THIS!

Welcome back, you've got this! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4398916)
So, slept horribly, allergies kicking in, feeling crappy, now I am stuck at home because the car won't start...waiting on the tow truck to the dealership(we had it serviced there on Sat...fishy huh?). Hubby came home and tried to jump it, no luck, but he dropped off the kid at daycare. At least I get a complimentary shuttle home so I don't have to spend hours in their lobby like this weekend.

But on the upside...I am wearing my size 4 jeans! They are comfy, no muffin top, so I have IP going for me! Stay OP folks...be checking in later!

Size 4, WOO HOO! Keep it up, and hope you feel better soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss (Post 4398923)
Wohoo, I just got back from a one week vacation and lost 2.2 pounds. I find that incredible.

I never went "off" the program with non-IP friendly foods, but a few times I had more than one bar in a day based on how close we would be to home-base and how physically active I was. I felt like I was gaining, but I LOST!!

On to no restricted for the next three days to get me back in true IP form.

And, I sent my coach a note that I'm not returning. Alternates did fine for me.

AWESOME! My daughter does alternatives and is doing great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng (Post 4398958)
Good morning! Today feels like a new, bright day full of possibilities. Let's stay on plan and learn more about ourselves today. I love that so many of us are figuring out our triggers on this journey.

Anyway, good luck with surgeries, WIs, work projects, and OP days.

~Jenni

Nicely said, thank you! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 (Post 4398972)
Great NSV this morning. I went in for my 6 month check up at the dentist and he was overjoyed with my teeth. I mentioned that I was eating healthy and one of the side effects of Ketosis is nasty breath. Since I am paranoid about that I carry a toothbrush and toothpaste to work and in my purse and now brush average of 5 times a day. He was quite pleased with that and the fact that I have been soda free for a while now.

AWESOME NSV :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiLee (Post 4398980)
Very first weigh in today.....in 45 minutes. Totally excited!!

You've got this!:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by readytolive (Post 4399061)
I haven't been on here in awhile, but I'm still sticking to IP! :) The loss I've had already is amazing and my body is changing so much, I can't get enough of looking at the differences.

One day I went off IP (honestly, it was more do it with the one thing I wanted or splurge on everything else), had the one meal I wanted, and while it was very yummy, I missed having my veggies. If anything, it seemed to help jump start my loss again and I've had no ill effects from it. I'm not saying this is a good idea, but it worked for me and I kept myself in check with it.

I am having a bit of a hard time finding enough protein bars that I can eat. Gluten free is a must for me, so finding bars like that is a bit of a pain. It's irritating to see how much Pure Protein bars versus the bars I can have, but better to spend more $$ than to be sick.

Wow, rambly update. I hope everyone is having a great time with their weight loss and sticking to it!

Sounds like you are doing great, keep it up, we are all learning on this journey and if you take a step back, just dust off and continue on :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulimapi (Post 4399152)
No weight lost this week :( Well, if you count the 0.2 pounds then I guess it is something, but better to say nothing.
I know it's my own fault because I had more extras than I should have last week. Still, I did resist A LOT of temptations because my family and friends ate like pigs all week and I didn't touch anything, I just had more cups of tea than usual and a few days I had a 4th packet.
It's hard to stay motivated when you don't lose any weight. It's the first time on IP that I really lose nothing :( Must be better this week and keep a positive outlook, I know. I can do this. Cheating is NOT AN OPTION.

0.2 is still a loss, and you resisted the temptations and that counts for something so give yourself credit :D. Don't beat yourself up, the weight will come off, sometimes slower at times, you are rocking it!;)

Quote:

:bravo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jules26965 (Post 4399161)
Happy Monday fellow IPers! My husband made jicama fries with dinner last night. YUM!!!! I've always been a notoriously picky eater (especially with vegetables), and I love that the recipes I'm finding here are giving me the "courage" to explore!
I'm another daily weigher and the scale hasn't moved in a few, but I've been 100% OP so I'm not letting it stress me out....although I wish it would move :) To everyone with weigh-ins today, may the woosh fairy have visited you overnight!

USMCvet -- good luck with surgery today!!!!

I love Jicama fries!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pianonan (Post 4399166)
Hi Everyone!

Today is my first day and I'm actually nervous. So far, so good.

I have been researching for a month now and reading up on this thread and the others which are a HUGE help!

Thanks for all of the encouragement!

This forum is awesome!

[QUOTE=bttrhalf;4399222]
Quote:

Happy Monday fellow IPers! My husband made jicama fries with dinner last night. YUM!!!! I've always been a notoriously picky eater (especially with vegetables), and I love that the recipes I'm finding here are giving me the "courage" to explore!
I'm another daily weigher and the scale hasn't moved in a few, but I've been 100% OP so I'm not letting it stress me out....although I wish it would move :) To everyone with weigh-ins today, may the woosh fairy have visited you overnight!

HI Jules how exactly do you make Jicama fries? I love Jicama.:hug:

My daughter makes them with EVOO, Garlic, pepper, sea salt, anything really that you would want to season them with, in the oven at 450 for around 40-45 minutes, turning occasionally, yummmm :dizzy:

Notredamemom2013 07-09-2012 02:58 PM

Hello to all again,
I decided to come back to Ideal Protein after a falling off of the wagon for a long time. I thought I was happy and just ate what I wanted....
Well 30lbs came back on and everything I lost was back in 11 months.

Yesterday I went to visit my daughter who has been out of the country and working in another city. It was hot and I had a horrible time keeping from sweating to death. (I am also at that age of hot flashes) My daughter poked me in the belly and said, "If you got rid of some of this it would help"
This was like an awakening. She told me that I had been looking really good and now she could tell that I had gained weight.

I knew deep down I needed to get going again, but this was the motivation that I needed. I know that she loves me and I am sure this was just to say, Hey mom, you know what to do!

Sorry for the rambling. Glad to be back to this great group!

yowzer 07-09-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4398696)
So, I grab my pack of apple cinnamon soy puffs for breakfast this morning and head out the door to work stomach growling all the way. I get to work, open the packet and pour into a cup only to discover I have dill pickle zippers for breakfast. Uggghhh..... I like the dill pickle zippers, but not for breakfast. LOL Happy Monday to everyone.

I love those apple cinnamon things

jules26965 07-09-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimeed3 (Post 4399245)
WOW!! My coach told me I could not have jicama! I wonder why b/c I sure would be eating those fries up!!

Oh NO!!!! I just checked my Phase 1 sheet and they're not called out either way :( I read about them on here (probably from Diana!!) and thought they sounded good (and they were). I hope I didn't cheat by accident -- although with me it could be a lot worse than with Jicama!

yowzer 07-09-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticiabean (Post 4398715)
Good morning all. I'm having issues eating. I'm having to force myself to eat. Is that normal? One thing I can count on is that I am usually okay for breakfast. It's lunch and dinner I have an issue with.

Anyways....have a great day IPers! THINK THIN!

I have had that problem a few times, and I just plug away and eat what I am supposed to. As it was explained to me in the introduction meeting. Your glycogen tank is empty after 3 days, so it's important to eat to keep your motor running and burn our body fat, instead of our muscle.

athebeach 07-09-2012 03:04 PM

Going to make jicama fries in the new actiffry. Also fajitas with green peppers and onione.

chicagoboiler 07-09-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4399265)
Chicago: Think of it like this: If she's not cheating, then she's doing good. If for some reason she seems to be losing muscle, I'd imagine that means bump up the protein a bit? I've had the EAS shakes and Atkins and they've not slowed my loss that I can tell. Her coach should be more supportive >.< (sorry, I get defensive about coaches being mean to moms). Do they use a calibrator on her to determine the fat she lost or just a scale with fancy mechanics on it? I'm just curious, as my home scale has the fancy mechanics and my "body fat %" goes up and down a little here and there, but overall I see it goign down.

Kaypix - The way she described it sounded like my clinic where they put your information into this handheld device and then you hold it for a few seconds and it gives you a reading. Thanks for the advice on the protein. I think she's stayed to more fish during the week so I will try to get a few more things in her.

yowzer 07-09-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bttrhalf (Post 4399219)
Morning fellow IPers,
back at work after a week off. during that week here in Washington summer finally arrived :carrot::carrot:. I know most a=of you have been baking but here in the northwest it has been cool and rainy:p. well my DH and DS have started making ice cream at home what a bummer, but i have stayed away:D
my DH is also a great cook and smoked chicken wings and ribs with BBQ sauce, bummer they looked so good. I was a good girl and stayed away.:D

hope everyone has a great day:cp::cp::cp:

Another washingtonian here - and yes, summer is finally here. Our family escapes to east of the mountains over 4th of July week, so it was nice to come back to sun instead of the usual rain. Good job in staying away from the ice cream. My little nephew has a pint of Grammy's cake batter ice cream in the freezer, but I just say "Naw that ain't happening." and switch the brain channel to something else.

Kaypix 07-09-2012 03:16 PM

Big Recipe Book

OK so I think I finally decided on the layout I'm using, and I've been trucking along getting it set up, here's what we got so far:

Let me know if it needs to be alphabetized, cuz at this point I'm not planning on it. You can click on the links in the table of contents and get directed to that section of the book (grumbles at Mac's MS Word quirks)

usmcvet 07-09-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chloe222 (Post 4398708)
Hi USMCVet,
Not sure if you received my note - just wanted to reiterate that you need to watch out for that innocuous looking saline solution they give you with the IV. It could be sugar based - be sure to ask for the non-sugar version.

Good luck!

I misse you message. But remember your old post. I checked pre opmand this morning. It had no glucose. My sugar was 87 pre op and my bp was 54/106 post op.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4398727)
Samba: Welcome back! Glad to see you!
Kickapookicks::Welcome: to the forum!
Ticia:During Ketosis we can end up not being hungry since our body is getting the calories it needs from our fat stores. Keep in mind that "eating" can be drinking (if that's easier for you?) so if you are having a hard time getting your protein packets in, try the fruit juice type ones just with ice in them, not smoothie texture just watered down like a fruit punch at a wedding type thing, and for veggies, a light way to get your 4 cups is spinach, it never makes me feel full, and you can snack on it throughout the day if you need as far as "that" goes.
Chloe:Thank you for your insight this morning. Last night I was watching TV and I "caved" by cheating and eating 2 extra bars. I know I must have needed them from my weekend of motorcycle riding (still had a loss this morning) but I know a LOT of it was from boredom as well, as I had just been watching TV at the time.
Vet:Good luck on your surgery today. Are you going to get a dictation program so you can keep typing to us? How cool would that be? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4398734)
Good morning IPeeps! Well, I had my official 11 week weigh in, and I'm down 3.2 pounds to 166.6! Woot Woot Cachoo! I was bouncing at 166.0 for a couple days, which is a good sign for me. NSV - I went to "le mall" with DH yesterday to trade in some video games and he asked where I wanted to go. I HATE clothes shopping, HATE HATE HATE it, just cuz I'm a Fruit of the Loom T-shirts and Levi jeans type of person. So on a whim I say "Express" (drool) because they have super amazing clothes that I know I haven't fit in for forever. I grabbed 2 pairs of jeans (different cuts/brands) one in a 12L and one in a 10L, they both fit! Actually the 10 was as tight as the 12 on me, but those folks don't mess around with sizing, being a 14 I couldn't even shop there :S So I'm pumped that I can squeeze into 10's. It'll be a bit yet before I can just throw out the 12s and wear 10's period, but I'll take what I can get!
Downside, I think my mother in law isn't going to pay me her quarterly car payment (she can't afford to pay me each month but gets quarterly bonuses) because she wants to move to minnesota to be with her boyfriend, who won't pay to help her move, or come down to help her pack or drive the u-haul up (us lucky kids get to help her). The financial burden is starting to suck, as my car still has a legitimate loan on it, and we pay $335/month for it, she pays us $600 every 3 months, and that includes the $50/month car insurance we pay on it (we also pay her cell phone bill of $30/mont). I feel like I have a 57 year old daughter! Result if she doesn't pay us: No new clothes for me, no new helmet for DH, and our trip to Sturgis will be tight financially. >.<

Today at work HAS to be productive; the boss comes back next Monday and I don't want him to think I'm slacking!

The flab under my arms is finally starting to firm up a bit, I'm thinking riding is helping out with that, so I'm also happy about THAT little turn of events.

Awesome NSVs pretty lady! One handed iPad typing stinks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4398753)
Good morning! Just a quick note to say hello and wish everyone a great OP week and good WIs for all.

Good luck, USMC, on your surgery .

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4398813)
Morning all! Lots going on in here already!

USMC - good luck with your surgery!

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimeed3 (Post 4398824)
Morning everyone!!

VET - Good luck on your surgery today.

And good luck to everyone weighing in today. I hope everyone has a great OP day!!

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrysk (Post 4398826)
Good luck with the surgery.

thanks brother.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooselover (Post 4398834)
usmcvet - Good luck with your surgery. Please let us know how you are doing. :carrot:

Doing well. Had a good surgery. The hand is NUMB no pain just NUMB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanaroph (Post 4398846)

Good morning everyone.. Glad to be back on a regular schedule for a while.. Had a busy few weeks getting stuff done on the house.. We are finally cooling off in NJ and am enjoying it :carrot:

So I decided to be brave enough and post a pic (it is not recent but it is a pic :) ) and I cant get it to load \o/

I love you picture. Awesome smile!

Quote:

Originally Posted by joysh (Post 4398880)
Good morning, everyone! Ah!!! It's a rainy Monday here in Louisiana!

Hope everyone has a good day today. :wave:

Best of luck on your surgery, usmcvet! We'll all be thinking of you!

Samba, welcome back!

April, I'm sure it's ok for a day or so. Our clinic gave me Real Salt brand as a starter and I like it. I've seen it in stores.

kaypix, congrats on your WI and also on the jeans!

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4398916)
So, slept horribly, allergies kicking in, feeling crappy, now I am stuck at home because the car won't start...waiting on the tow truck to the dealership(we had it serviced there on Sat...fishy huh?). Hubby came home and tried to jump it, no luck, but he dropped off the kid at daycare. At least I get a complimentary shuttle home so I don't have to spend hours in their lobby like this weekend.

But on the upside...I am wearing my size 4 jeans! They are comfy, no muffin top, so I have IP going for me! Stay OP folks...be checking in later!

Holy smokes size four. Go girl go!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 (Post 4398972)
Great NSV this morning. I went in for my 6 month check up at the dentist and he was overjoyed with my teeth. I mentioned that I was eating healthy and one of the side effects of Ketosis is nasty breath. Since I am paranoid about that I carry a toothbrush and toothpaste to work and in my purse and now brush average of 5 times a day. He was quite pleased with that and the fact that I have been soda free for a while now.

awesome

Quote:

way to go

Quote:

USMCvet -- good luck with surgery today!!!!

thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAScents (Post 4399214)
Well, lost 3lbs- so thats good. I'm a bit frustrated with my clinic though. I seem to see a different coach every week. This weeks coach told me I COULD have phased off for my upcoming trip in just two weeks- that would have been FABULOUS to know! The more I think about this trip the less I even want to go. It's going to be SO hard to stay on plan. I may just eat 3 packets upfront and then get a spinach salad every night for dinner or something, since I can't predict where/what I'll be eating otherwise.

Must.Stay.Positive!!!

do what you're ready to do.

So funny stories at hospital.

The nurses were all awesome.

I had an IV in my left hand for a Bier block then one in my right for pain meds. So left went in one shot. The right took two sticks to the hand no go then a second nurse put on in my right forearm. So I'm waiting for the doctor. I was sore from not moving and I asked if I could stand up. While I was I looked at my right arm and saw blood in the line and thought that's not supposed to have blood in it. I hen saw blood dripping in the floor, I had unplugged the IV. I held my finger over the end dripping and the nurse came in to help, as she was reaching for it I said I've got it you should get some gloves. We both laughed. I then saw some blood on the floor and wall. Man what a mess. We all had a good laugh.

The nurse who took me to the OR was from Brooklyn. I asked where she was from, knowing it was NYC, she said Alabama. I asked to walk toth OR which she was ok with. My back still hurt from sitting for an hour. Close to the OR she said ok do you want a kiss before surgery, meaning my wife.

Wait for it.

:devil:

So I leaned over and kissed the nurse on the cheek. She laughed and said no you wife.. Michele was talking to the anesthesia doc who we knew because our kids went to day care together. I kissed Michele and off I went. Once the happy juice was hooked up Brooklyn introduced a new nurse and said she was going to lunch. She bent over and kissed me on the cheek,we laughed again. Shetold Michele about it later. Funny stuff.

After surgery Michele had gone to the cafeteria and brought me a hardboiled egg and a half, a few slices of turkey breast and ham, cucumbers and other greens. Very sweet of her and just what I needed.

usmcvet 07-09-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4399265)

. I'm suspicious of those body fat machines.

[QUOTE=Diana B;4399271]I'll be sending positive healing thoughts your way :hug:

What are dill pickle zippers?

[QUOTE=bttrhalf;4399222]

Thanks. They are a dill pickle flavored soy puff. If you like salt and vinegar chips you would like these. The BBQ ridges are my favorite.
:carrot:

yowzer 07-09-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagoboiler (Post 4399258)
So my mom was inspired to join IP and today was her first weigh in. She lost 11lbs and lots of inches, but her coach freaked out because half of her loss was fat and the other lean mass. He questioned her over and over about cheating on non-IP products. She lives with me this summer and I know she has been awesome (except for some EAS carb control shakes I give her)...but it's never affected me. Per my coach, I told her to add some broth to the soup this last week to make it taste ok and she loved it. He freaked out about the broth and then just through his hands up in a puff and said "whatever".

For my own sanity, is chicken broth allowed from your coaches? It took a lot for my mom to commit to this and now she is upset even though she had a big loss. Anyone else with a similar experience their first week in body fat loss too?

I am in my 3rd week - weigh in tomorrow. My first week I lost 6 lbs. I gained 3% body fat and lost 10% muscle. The coach and I chalked it up to just starting out. I'm not going to sweat it. The body sometimes does funny things and the equipment used to measure.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=56830

if it continues then I'll have to figure out what the problem is. I missed my 2nd weigh-in as I was out of town, so tomorrow will be interesting.

Sounds like your Mom's coach is a...well...I won't say. Obviously he doesn't have a way with people.