New to Forum- 5 Weeks into IP

• Hello,
    I have been on IP for just about five weeks and have had great results so far (hit 20 lb loss last WI). I started poking around this forum when I first began the diet for recipe ideas and was suprised by how motivating it was to read about everyone's weight loss journey. I finally decided to register and begin posting.

I've been dieting as far back as I can remember. A couple of rough teenage years and attending a performing arts college were just a couple of factors leading to binge eating disorder that left me more overweight than I had ever been a few years back. Through unhealthy tactics I managed to get down to 191 recently and decided that was not the best I could do. I've tried every diet in the book, including giving myself hormone shots and eating 500 cals a day: not good. IP was recommended by my doctor and for me to be 5 weeks into a diet having stayed 100% OP is almost unbelievable to me. This diet isn't a miracle, I still would love a pizza on a friday night or a latte in the morning, but getting a taste of success after having my self esteem destroyed for so long is better than any food I've ever had.

So thanks for sharing, it makes such a difference
  • Welcome! Please delurk - positive participation and sharing is what helps make this forum such a valuable tool for everyone's success! And Congratulations on hitting 20lb lost!
  • Welcome, and like Liz said, stick around. This has been a miracle diet for me because as like you, I've tried most of the diets out there. I've lost weight before, but never like this. My doctor also recommended this diet to me, which is a good thing because I had never heard of it before.

Keep up the great work and please don't be a stranger.