3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   I have a question about dill pickles!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/262451-i-have-question-about-dill-pickles.html)

Meagan240 07-07-2012 01:08 PM

I have a question about dill pickles!!

I'm a super picky eater and one of the few veggies I like is dill pickles. I was wondering, since they have so much sodium, should I cut down a little on sea salt to balance it out? and, will eating pickles slow down my losses at all?
Thanks! :)

paulimapi 07-07-2012 01:39 PM

I've never had problems with my loses on weeks I eat dill pickles. Get the low sodium kind, though, maybe?

hatgirlie 07-07-2012 03:35 PM

I like dill pickles, too. I've never looked for low sodium. I will have to try that. Also, just so you know, there are sweet pickles out there, too, made with No Sugar/Using Splenda.

Meagan240 07-07-2012 04:02 PM

I had no idea that there were low sodium pickles, I'll look for those the next time I go shopping. Thanks!

drakegirl 07-07-2012 04:27 PM

Also read the label before buying your pickles - some use corn syrup or other sugar in the liquid

Meagan240 07-07-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakegirl (Post 4397288)
Also read the label before buying your pickles - some use corn syrup or other sugar in the liquid

Bahh, I hadn't even thought to check. Wonderful. :( Hope that hasn't slowed me down! Thanks, though. I will be sure to do that next time.

NewPath 07-07-2012 06:33 PM

Dill Pickels are my go-to food when I am hungry, mad, happy, anxious, bored, or PMSing. Someone here once mentioned having them cold, in the fridge, ready to go, during dinner prep. Whoever that was...thank you!!!! I buy the Vlastic ZESTY dills. I eat them-as needed. My weight loss has been completely unaffected by them. I do not always eat them, but wow do they pack a punch when I need one!!!
IMHO, I would probably hold back on the salt if you are eating more than one or two -as they are very salty. I have also read of one person who was unable to eat any vegetables and used dill pickles....was okayed by her coach.
I would think that would be very unhealthy, but, it worked for this one person.
Enjoy you pickles!
Also, are you having trouble finding ways to get your veges in? I used to be like that and have learned to just LOVE veges. I was told that my taste buds would change...and they have!!!!
Good luck to you! IP is an amazing journey!!! Try to experiment and have fun!

usmcvet 07-07-2012 06:51 PM

I love kosher dill pickles. But I need to watch how many I eat because I retain water with high salt foods.

drakegirl 07-07-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4397369)
I love kosher dill pickles. But I need to watch how many I eat because I retain water with high salt foods.

USMCVET - you are CRUSHING this program! Fantastic Stats! Just wanted to say BRAVO! How long have you been OP?

Meagan240 07-07-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPath (Post 4397362)
Also, are you having trouble finding ways to get your veges in? I used to be like that and have learned to just LOVE veges. I was told that my taste buds would change...and they have!!!!

I'm having a terrible time with vegetables. I'm much more of a fruit person. I mainly like the veggies that we can't have. :(

LizRR 07-07-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meagan240 (Post 4397383)
I'm having a terrible time with vegetables. I'm much more of a fruit person. I mainly like the veggies that we can't have. :(

Have you made zucchini into apples or a rhubarb recipe? These are my go-to 'fruit fixes'. And rutabaga fries, mashed cauliflower, and kale chips are top craving killers for me. I copied my favorite veggie recipes on my lame diet blog (really need to work on that!)...

Meagan240 07-07-2012 11:42 PM

I made the rutabaga fries, today... I might have messed them up or something, but they tasted like carrots to me. :/

Delgen 07-08-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meagan240 (Post 4397570)
I made the rutabaga fries, today... I might have messed them up or something, but they tasted like carrots to me. :/

I like to put garlic on mine. Or paprika.
I made home made catsup out of tomato paste, and hade about a TBS of that along with them.

I have also done yellow squash that way...not as good, but I stilled loved them.