Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Hi All,
Its been a while since I posted but I have been lurking when I get the chance. Weight loss has tremendously slowed down for me (been having "C" issues). My coach recommended Miralax which I picked up yesterday so hope that helps.I also notice that walking on the treadmill helps with the "C". I've been in a rut lately wanting to go out for once and eat like normal folks. I get sick of having to think what would be IP approved on the menu. I know that since I havent been on the boards that much I have missed my daily dose of motivation. To me when I first started I was so focused and now its like I cant wait until I complete P1 and get to try something different. Friday I went to the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans and they had a bunch of crap for food choices. I ended up with the buffalo chicken nuggets which was disgusting. It wasnt even worth eating. Needless to say I didn't peel the skin off cause that would have been an art in itself.

However, I do have a NSV to share: I was tired of going to the expensive "Lane Bryant" store and trying to create an outfit. Well I marched to JCPenny and found 2 pair of denim capris, size 16, go me. Plus the amount I paid for 2 pair was less than what I would have paid at Lane Bryant for 1 pair. They get on my nerves thinking all big women have to go there so they jack up their prices. Oh and today the capris are getting roomy so hopefully I will need a sz 14 soon. Other than that I am hanging in there.

My other issue: I will have to switch to alternatives in August because I will have exhausted my IP budget. I am a little frustrated because I feel I should have lost more weight using the real "IP" products so I am in fear what will happen when I make the switch. I dont know if anyone has had to switch on here but I was thinking I need to get a jump start on researching which products are comparable nutrition wise before that time comes.

Good luck to everyone and I will try to make an effort to at least read some of the posts daily.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #92  
Started IP 7/5/12

S/C/G: 186.7/172.6/150

Height: 5'7.5

Default Thought I was dying...

On my second day of the IP protocol I had a horrendous headache and was so close to giving up. Luckily I found this site and with the encouragement from everyone, especially the Newbie thread, I made it through the 'difficult' stage. I'm only on day 3 but I feel great and am really excited about the program.

This forum is so encouraging!

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #93  
Started IP June 28th

S/C/G: 247.4/189/167.4

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Someone on here (sorry I forget who) mentioned that the Genghis Grill is a good choice for an IP dinner too. I know there is one at West Gate not too far down from Central Market. It's now on my list too.
It was me!!! Went there again this evening!! So easy to eat at! Hubby loves it!!

Sassy
Old 07-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #94  
Started IP June 28th

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRfirefly View Post
On my second day of the IP protocol I had a horrendous headache and was so close to giving up. Luckily I found this site and with the encouragement from everyone, especially the Newbie thread, I made it through the 'difficult' stage. I'm only on day 3 but I feel great and am really excited about the program.

This forum is so encouraging!

Thanks everyone!
I am on day 10 and the best advice I can give you is to read this site everytime you get down. SOOOO motivating!!! The first few days were definetly the hardest. I had headaches, dizziness, and some nausea. So amazing what coming off sugar does to you. After that you should really start to feel a differance. Like when I wake up...I am UP!!!! It used to take me forever to get out of bed, now I am wide awake. Someone said thats something that happens on IP.
Good luck!! You can do it!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
103 outside....YIKES...so hot...went cloth shopping today ..had to remind myself not to go to the plus side
Where in Washington is it 103? Must be Eastern Washington, I'm on the West side and it is just beautiful today, but not 103!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #96  
Started IP 5/17/12

S/C/G: 196 Started [email protected]/156.5/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 View Post
It was me!!! Went there again this evening!! So easy to eat at! Hubby loves it!!

Sassy
Hi Sassy,

Do you order your food from Ghengis Grill without any of the sauces? The one time I briefly looked at their nutritional content, I almost fainted because all their sauces had a lot of carbs and sugar.

Last edited by GGee; 07-07-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #97  
Started IP June 28th

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGee View Post
Hi Sassy,

Do you get the food without any of the sauces? The one time I briefly looked at their nutritional content, I almost fainted because all their sauces had a lot of carbs and sugar.
Yup! No sauce! I had them cook it in gluten free soy saucde this evening but it was too salty for me. Next time I wont do that! Had a really nice cook today, since I didnt want any starch he gave me an extra bowl to get mor veggies!!! YUM!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #98  
Started IP 5/17/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Hello IPeeps, it's a nice calm day out on the water today and my Dramamine seems to be working, YEAY!

We have only caught one halibut and about thirty shrimp, so this tripos being chalked up to a scenic visit we are headed back towards Valdez harbor now and will make a stop on the way in for more halibut fishing... Wish us luck!!

I didn't get my WI this weekend since I am in Valdez but I did weigh myself on Tuesday morning before we left and I was at 144.6 so I am really hoping this sea sickness has not derailed me completely! I have been eating more protien than normal and a edamame mix that has some dried cranberries in it. So I guess more of a modified P2 week. I can't wait to see what I weigh when I get home... Lol then again maybe I should wait!

Wishing you all a lovely OP day!!
You sound like you did a great job! Only one pound away. AWESOME!!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
Hi All,
Its been a while since I posted but I have been lurking when I get the chance. Weight loss has tremendously slowed down for me (been having "C" issues). My coach recommended Miralax which I picked up yesterday so hope that helps.I also notice that walking on the treadmill helps with the "C". I've been in a rut lately wanting to go out for once and eat like normal folks. I get sick of having to think what would be IP approved on the menu. I know that since I havent been on the boards that much I have missed my daily dose of motivation. To me when I first started I was so focused and now its like I cant wait until I complete P1 and get to try something different. Friday I went to the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans and they had a bunch of crap for food choices. I ended up with the buffalo chicken nuggets which was disgusting. It wasnt even worth eating. Needless to say I didn't peel the skin off cause that would have been an art in itself.

However, I do have a NSV to share: I was tired of going to the expensive "Lane Bryant" store and trying to create an outfit. Well I marched to JCPenny and found 2 pair of denim capris, size 16, go me. Plus the amount I paid for 2 pair was less than what I would have paid at Lane Bryant for 1 pair. They get on my nerves thinking all big women have to go there so they jack up their prices. Oh and today the capris are getting roomy so hopefully I will need a sz 14 soon. Other than that I am hanging in there.

My other issue: I will have to switch to alternatives in August because I will have exhausted my IP budget. I am a little frustrated because I feel I should have lost more weight using the real "IP" products so I am in fear what will happen when I make the switch. I dont know if anyone has had to switch on here but I was thinking I need to get a jump start on researching which products are comparable nutrition wise before that time comes.

Good luck to everyone and I will try to make an effort to at least read some of the posts daily.
Hey Naysha - I know the feeling, at one point I was wanting to eat like "normal" folks, but realized that I DO eat like normal folks, ones who want to be healthier, and remember, those foods will be there when you're done with Phase 1,2 and 3, and get to have those cheat days, lol and awesome on the NSVs . My daughter does the alternatives because I can't afford IP for the both of us, she has PCOS so the weight loss is a bit slower, but it has been steady, I know the folks on here that use alternatives report no difference in their weight loss using alternatives vs. IP products. She has been using the Proti Diet products from Nashua Nutrition. I don't post all the time because I'm pretty boring , but I am here everyday getting my dose of inspiration from everybody. Keep up the good job, and don't get discouraged, you will be where you want to be in no time.
I have been dropping sizes so quickly that I've been going to Value Village for my clothes, you can get some great deals and the clothes are pretty nice, at least where I go, something to consider..

Last edited by Diana B; 07-08-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #100  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagan240 View Post
Oh my gosh! That was sooo hard. Definitely won't be going to the movies for awhile. I'm proud, though. I didn't cheat!
Quote:

Sassy
Thanks Sassy. I think we will try it tomorrow night.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #101  
Started IP 7/5/12

S/C/G: 186.7/172.6/150

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
A good friend,(who lost 80 lbs on IP), told me that she mixes butterscotch packet with coffee, ice and cinnamon. I have not tried it yet, but she says it is one of her favorites!
I just started IP this week and when I saw my starter kit had a packet of butterscotch I was ready to take it back to exchange for something else. I'm so happy I saw your post. I tried your friend's butterscotch 'latte' recipe tonight - it was delish! Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #102  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRfirefly View Post
I just started IP this week and when I saw my starter kit had a packet of butterscotch I was ready to take it back to exchange for something else. I'm so happy I saw your post. I tried your friend's butterscotch 'latte' recipe tonight - it was delish! Thanks for sharing.
Another La girl!....Welcome to the IP family!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
Hi All,

Hey naysha.....we were both at Essence Friday! Wasn't Charlie Wilson wonderful! It was a great time. I cheated a little too, but today I'm back OP and hoping to see some weightloss soon.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

I had a weird experience at dinner. It has been YEARS since I've had to force myself to eat. But I definitely had to force it down tonight. There wasn't anything wrong with the food, but I was not interested at all. Anyone had that happen?
Old 07-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #105  
Started IP 5/17/12

Quote:
Yup! No sauce! I had them cook it in gluten free soy saucde this evening but it was too salty for me. Next time I wont do that! Had a really nice cook today, since I didnt want any starch he gave me an extra bowl to get mor veggies!!! YUM!
Awesome!! Thanks!
Closed Thread