Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #31  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernfawn View Post
I'm so excited this morning: the woosh fairy came and took 3 pounds last night that makes me almost half way through the 190's.... I can see the 180's up ahead.... this has been an awesome week

I hope you all have a great OP weekend!
How wonderful! Keep it up!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

I haven't been on much lately ... but wanted to share a huge NSV. Yesterday I went shopping ... something I have avoided since putting on all the weight and I tried on clothes - and even some bathing suits - and THEY FIT !!!! I was able to walk into a store ... grab clothes off the rack and THEY FIT !!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't even explain how exciting that was!!! I am SO motivated to keep going now!!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #33  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Good Morning, All! Our heatwave is finally over....We have an outdoor wedding to go to today and am just so happy that I wouldn't be sitting there sweating the whole time! I'm sure the bride and groom are pleased too (I guess today is not all about me!!!!)

Anyway, my coach attended an IP workshop this week and this is some of the new info she passed on to me, so of course, I will pass it along to you:

1. Water - an easy way to determine how much water you need is to divide your weight in half. That number is how many ounces you should drink every day. For example, if I weigh 200 pounds then I should drink 100 ounces of water everyday.

2. 3 eggs count toward the protein count for the day. This used to be 2 eggs for the day.

3. Do not skip your restricted packs! Even if you are thinking this will help your weight loss, it won't. Your body needs these carbs to "remember" how to use them.

These are just a couple of things that I have seen people posting about and thought I would share. Take it or leave it, but either way, have a great day and stay OP!

Jess
Does your coach limit the restricted items to 3 a week? That is what the one is Eau Claire does. Where do you go? So glad for the change in weather. We are heading to the Spooner Rodeo tonight and am looking forward to not "melting" in the stands.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Sneuse, I was just looking at your stats and you are almost at goal. Very cool. What clinic do you go to in town? I go to Dr. Jukes office in West Lake. Also wanted to add that I just had the best dinner last night at Hyde Park (the one near Central Market on Westgate). It was ground sirlon with steamed brocolli, and extremely tasty.
Thank you! I actually started to phase off early (I finish up phase 3 tomorrow) because I'm going to New Orleans for a week on Wednesday. I think I'll probably start back up when I get back to finish up the last few pounds!

I go to Adult Care of Austin off William Cannon and Manchaca - it's my doctors office and I've been very happy with the coaching.

I live right by that Hyde Park so I'll def have to try it! Especially because I usually see my movies at Westgate so the location is perfect. I had a (bunless) burger with green beans at BJ's Brewhouse the other night and it was also fantastic!

I've been meaning to comment lately and tell you how AWESOME you look. You've obviously made wonderful progress and it shows not only in your new figure but in your body language as well.

I hope your son has a nice time at camp and that you and your husband enjoy some couple time together
Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #35  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post
Lisa..I see you are online..how are you and how is your job going? I you having any trouble juggling everything. You are such an inspiration for us newbies
Thanks for asking about me, I am doing great. Its going to take some time getting used of packing a lunch but its getting better. This is my morning routine now....

Get up at 700am, jump in the shower, once I am out put my coffee to brew. blowdry and straigten my hair, put makeup on and get dressed. Drink my first cup of coffee, take my supplements, gather my shaker with ice, zip lock of veggies and out the door I go at at 800am. Get to work at 845 have my breakfast (strawberry wafer) and open the doors for 9. I have already drank 1 liter of water by 9. Of course by 10 I am in the restroom....lol....eat my lunch around 1ish, my ice is almost melted by then so I just put my shake mix in my shaker and shake shake shake, drink it then eat my veggies I am on the way home by 3pm.

I am loving my job and its keeping me even more disciplined because I know my clients will do better if can teach them to stay true to the program.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post
Seems like this is a common problem on the IP plan (no fruits and little fiber).
I tried the Smooth Move last week, and had no results. Box cost me 4.99. Last nite tried the IP laxative pills..went in am no problem.
Shows how everyone is different!
I overdid it, and suffered with the runs for 2 days!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 225/211/130

Height: 5'6''

I haven't been here in a while due to adjusting to my new job and home, I've been maintaining my weight these past two months and started IP again this week and already I am down 5lbs. Those 5 lbs have gotten me into ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!! I haven't been here in over two years and I am absolutely thrilled! To think that I have lost 26lbs is crazy - I wish I took more pictures of myself at the start of this so I could really visualize the difference.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all!
The heat wave remains oppressive here in the US - so all, again, be careful, drink plenty of water.

There has been some talk about lack of energy on this program in the last 2 days. In one case from yesterday's thread, someone left the program after 1 month because she was exhausted but didn't fully explain the extent of her problem to her coach. So, please, if you are in this position, TALK TO YOUR COACH and EXPLAIN FULLY what you are feeling. They might have the answer for you.

Somewhat different perhaps, I get a sudden, overwhelming need to shut my eyes, to nap on occasion (happens 3-4 times a week). This has happened BEFORE STARTING IP and happens still. It happens before I eat, after I eat, 3 hours after a good night's sleep...so no discernible pattern.

I started taking liquid B12 drops (a common energy fix) 2 weeks ago, and this still happens. I will keep experimenting and advise if and when I find something that works. Granted, we are all different, so what works for me may not work for anyone else. My husband is a diabetic and has an old glucose meter he's no longer using which I am going to start using when this happens. We also have a blood pressure kit so will also use that when this happens to better understand it.

I drink extra water, watch my salt, etc.

Anyway, wishing all a great day! Stay OP!
Get your Iron checked!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
I am very nervous for weigh in today, I will most likely gain. I am thinking it might be due to a lack of water. I was told by my clinic not to drink more than 10glasses of water a day, but I am very thirsty with all of this heat. I want more water! I think this week I will go by my thirst, rather than their rule, since I see many of you drink far more than ten glasses of water a day.
WHAT? No more than 10? I drink something like.... 6 LITERS a day, if not more!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
I haven't been on much lately ... but wanted to share a huge NSV. Yesterday I went shopping ... something I have avoided since putting on all the weight and I tried on clothes - and even some bathing suits - and THEY FIT !!!! I was able to walk into a store ... grab clothes off the rack and THEY FIT !!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't even explain how exciting that was!!! I am SO motivated to keep going now!!
Great! Good for you!
I have been shopping my my closet. I put a bunch of things in a spare closet and asked my daughter if she wanted anything. She got a job where she needs to dress up, and the clothes there were size 6, 8, 10...way to small for me. Luckily she didn't take much...now I am getting close to being able to fit into them again. I didn't think I would ever be able to. Now I think actually will!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #41  

Afternoon all!

Man, I went out last night with some girlfriends for dinner and asked for NO OIL OR BUTTER on anything and I'm sure there was both on my food because I am DYING today. URGHHH!! And I'm hosting dinner tonight for my husbands Aunt and Uncle that are coming in from out of town. I'm praying I can stay out of the bathroom long enough to cook, let alone eat with them! I FINALLY took my morning vitamins. Not looking forward to eating lunch anymore soon ;(
Old 07-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 157/141.5/125

Height: 5'2

Kind of hungry for a taco salad. Any good recipes??
Old 07-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Height: 5'4"

I make my breakfast IP meal at work.

Today, I had to be in at work at 5am. Still being groggy, I wasn't thinking and mixed my butterscotch pudding into hot coffee. It congealed into weird lumps. I tried to eat it and failed - it has a weird slimy, yet chewy texture.

I didn't think to bring a backup IP option.

I don't want to skip breakfast since it's really important -should i just eat some hard boiled egg whites as a replacement protein option? Would this suffice?

Thanks!!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #44  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovo View Post
I make my breakfast IP meal at work.

Today, I had to be in at work at 5am. Still being groggy, I wasn't thinking and mixed my butterscotch pudding into hot coffee. It congealed into weird lumps. I tried to eat it and failed - it has a weird slimy, yet chewy texture.

I didn't think to bring a backup IP option.

I don't want to skip breakfast since it's really important -should i just eat some hard boiled egg whites as a replacement protein option? Would this suffice?

Thanks!!
That would work but you will still need to get that protein from that packet sometime in the day.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiLee View Post
Kind of hungry for a taco salad. Any good recipes??
MMM!

I use ground turkey and spice it with cumin, chili power, garlic, salt, and pepper. In another pan I shred zucchini and add the same seasonings. Some lettuce, red onions, a bit of tomato, 1/2 C shredded zucchini and your measured taco meat and you're golden! Plus lots of hot sauce
Closed Thread