Old 07-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 233.5 / 233.5 / 199

Height: 5'5"

trying to post a new thread but this is not working
Old 07-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #17  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning, All! Our heatwave is finally over....We have an outdoor wedding to go to today and am just so happy that I wouldn't be sitting there sweating the whole time! I'm sure the bride and groom are pleased too (I guess today is not all about me!!!!)

Anyway, my coach attended an IP workshop this week and this is some of the new info she passed on to me, so of course, I will pass it along to you:

1. Water - an easy way to determine how much water you need is to divide your weight in half. That number is how many ounces you should drink every day. For example, if I weigh 200 pounds then I should drink 100 ounces of water everyday.

2. 3 eggs count toward the protein count for the day. This used to be 2 eggs for the day.

3. Do not skip your restricted packs! Even if you are thinking this will help your weight loss, it won't. Your body needs these carbs to "remember" how to use them.

These are just a couple of things that I have seen people posting about and thought I would share. Take it or leave it, but either way, have a great day and stay OP!

Jess
Old 07-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Good morning everyone! Hope you have a great weekend planned. I have a TMI question - after almost 20 weeks of this, I finally have had the big C catch up with me - I had been going fine - but not this week. I also have changed my packets a bit this week - added more of the puddings - less chocolate shake mix - do you think that could have caused the problem? Anyone have suggestions on how they get things "moving" again? Thanks!
Smooth Move tea has Seneca, a natural stimulant. Worked wonders for me. But just don't overdo it. I learned from experience. One cup does the trick.

You can get it at Target. And it tastes great. My coach recommended it.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Morning all! Crazy rain here today! We needed it though, that's for sure! Looking forward to the prospect of maybe even opening the windows for some fresh air later!

Right now off to take the puppy to the groomer. I love it because he comes back clean and fluffy and extra cute AND nice and tired since he gets to play for hours. Everyone wins!!

Speakin of the puppy, I entered him into a photo contest. I really hope this doesn't break any forum rules (and will happily take down the link if it does) but if you have a moment and are so inclined, feel free to vote for Finn!

http://www.petvalu.com/castingcall?u...2Ffinnian%252F
Old 07-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Morning all! Crazy rain here today! We needed it though, that's for sure! Looking forward to the prospect of maybe even opening the windows for some fresh air later!

Right now off to take the puppy to the groomer. I love it because he comes back clean and fluffy and extra cute AND nice and tired since he gets to play for hours. Everyone wins!!

Speakin of the puppy, I entered him into a photo contest. I really hope this doesn't break any forum rules (and will happily take down the link if it does) but if you have a moment and are so inclined, feel free to vote for Finn!

What a cute puppy. We are also in new puppy land. We have a ten week old Boerboel who weighs 30 pounds and is fabulous. AND she likes to sleep in her kennel, not the bed like her beagle and Boerboel "sibs". This is a bonus for the two leggeds, of course. Lol. Like you, we rejoice when she wears herself out!!!

Anyway, have a great weekend . PS, the pix are great!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Default Constipation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Smooth Move tea has Seneca, a natural stimulant. Worked wonders for me. But just don't overdo it. I learned from experience. One cup does the trick.

You can get it at Target. And it tastes great. My coach recommended it.
Seems like this is a common problem on the IP plan (no fruits and little fiber).
I tried the Smooth Move last week, and had no results. Box cost me 4.99. Last nite tried the IP laxative pills..went in am no problem.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #22  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Good morning! I am sitting in the Dallas Fort Wirth airport with a few hours before a connecting flight. My gate is right across from the Ben and Jerry's At first I thought about moving to a more secluded, less tempting area, but then I realized that I don't care tool much. Water and black iced coffee are just fine, and I am still full from my breakfast. I am not even concerned.

That being said, I was soo hungry last night. I was invites out for pizza but couldn't even read the text without feeling tempted so I declined. I didn't eat anything extra, but my snack ended being my second restricted for the day. I wish there was a ready-made, unrestricted snack available.

Chiming in about the water, I have to say that my coach didn't even set 80oz as the MINIMUM. I need at least 84 and usually opt for more. Could this coach really be talking out of her a$$?

~Jenni
Old 07-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

She said that if I drank more than 80 oz. I could die from drinking too much water. I KNOW that isn't true, the people who die from drinking too much drink WAY, WAY more than even a gallon at a time (128 oz.) usually in some really stupid move.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #24  
Started IP 6-5-12

S/C/G: 280/257/130

Height: 5'3"

I lost 4# today at WI and picked up a kettlebell at Target. Bob Harper 7# kettlebell . . . .he's such a cutie. Going to give it a try later today.

Half your body weight in oz for your daily water intake. YIKES! It's just not possible for me to drink that much water. I do 80 oz daily and there isn't enough time in the day for me to do 127 oz.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
She said that if I drank more than 80 oz. I could die from drinking too much water. I KNOW that isn't true, the people who die from drinking too much drink WAY, WAY more than even a gallon at a time (128 oz.) usually in some really stupid move.
If you make sure to get enough salt you'll be fine. That way your body will retain some of the water instead of just flushing everything out of your system. She sounds like someone who believes everything she reads online.

If you feel comfortable, you should tell her that 80 oz won't kill anyone. Like I said, I drink up to 170ish sometimes and have never gotten sick and obviously haven't died. My coach told me to drink as much as I like, just to make sure I have salt with my lunch and dinner.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #26  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Good morning everyone! Hope you have a great weekend planned. I have a TMI question - after almost 20 weeks of this, I finally have had the big C catch up with me - I had been going fine - but not this week. I also have changed my packets a bit this week - added more of the puddings - less chocolate shake mix - do you think that could have caused the problem? Anyone have suggestions on how they get things "moving" again? Thanks!
I like to stay with the natural stuff and the Smooth Move tea gets my vote. Works every time.

Quote:
I am very nervous for weigh in today, I will most likely gain. I am thinking it might be due to a lack of water. I was told by my clinic not to drink more than 10glasses of water a day, but I am very thirsty with all of this heat. I want more water! I think this week I will go by my thirst, rather than their rule, since I see many of you drink far more than ten glasses of water a day.
That is one of the craziest things I have heard from a coach. If you are thirsty then drink, your body is telling you it's thirsty. I've only lost better while drinking more water. Drink up and enjoy!

Quote:
I just got back from my weigh-in and I lost 1.1 pounds which is good. I talked to my coach, and asked her if I could drink more than 80 ounces since I am so thirsty, and she said no, absolutely not. I don't think I will follow her advice.
Please do not listen to her, because she is SO wrong. You need to drink at least half of your body weight in water. If your body is saying it's thirsty then you are already starting to dehydrate. If you were eating A LOT of fruits and vegetables that had water in them then you wouldn't feel the need, but this is not the case with IP. In addition your body is now burning ketones which can make you even thirstier. Drink as much water as you crave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post

Finn is absolutely adorable, he gets my vote for sure.

Looks like another hot day here in Austin, but then again it's Texas and it's summer. Dropping my son off at the airport for camp and then doing something fun with my husband as we are very kid free for the next three weeks. My husband has a ton of airline miles because he flies extensively for his job. I used some of those miles for my son to fly to CA (the camp is in Yosemite), and I had to get him first class seats because that was all that was available for today. What kid flies first class to go to a summer camp in the mountains for three fun filled weeks. Must be nice...

Have a great Saturday everyone, and if it's hot where you are then stay cool and drink lots of water.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #27  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I drink anywhere from 4-5 liters of water a day, 80oz doens't seem like enough water for sure. With the way the heat is right now you need way more than 80oz a day to stay hydrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softkitty View Post
I lost 4# today at WI and picked up a kettlebell at Target. Bob Harper 7# kettlebell . . . .he's such a cutie. Going to give it a try later today.

Half your body weight in oz for your daily water intake. YIKES! It's just not possible for me to drink that much water. I do 80 oz daily and there isn't enough time in the day for me to do 127 oz.
Congrats on your loss, I always like watching the Extreme weight loss show on Sunday's with Chris Powell....although Bob is a cutie
Old 07-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #28  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post
If you make sure to get enough salt you'll be fine. That way your body will retain some of the water instead of just flushing everything out of your system. She sounds like someone who believes everything she reads online.

If you feel comfortable, you should tell her that 80 oz won't kill anyone. Like I said, I drink up to 170ish sometimes and have never gotten sick and obviously haven't died. My coach told me to drink as much as I like, just to make sure I have salt with my lunch and dinner.
Sneuse, I was just looking at your stats and you are almost at goal. Very cool. What clinic do you go to in town? I go to Dr. Jukes office in West Lake. Also wanted to add that I just had the best dinner last night at Hyde Park (the one near Central Market on Westgate). It was ground sirlon with steamed brocolli, and extremely tasty.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #29  

Default Emotional Eater

Hi all! I've been away from the computer much of the week.. hence these message boards. I've missed the support and insight this site provides.
Finished my 3 rd week and down 16.2 lbs. I'm not sure what happened last night, but found I was cruising for food around midnight (I had eaten my supper at 9:30 pm). There wasn't much in the cupboards, so I ate an IP bar...not only was it an extra IP packet..but my 2nd restricted one for the day!

When I caught myself cruising..I realized I still go to food when I am sad (I was at my mom's condo..she is 90 and recently placed in a nursing home..she may not be able to return home). When will I ever learn a new way to cope with these feelings? I am such an emotional eater. At 57..it would be soooo wonderful to bury this behavior once and for all.

Also wondering, with our busy lives it is hard to make the time to get on the PC when at home. How do you decide which message board to follow? There are so many and I find topics overlap on many of the boards. I don't want to miss anything yet not able to read them all.

Speaking of which..has anyone heard or read how Lisa (luv2bluvd) is doing in her new role as Coach for IP???
Old 07-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #30  

Default wuv2bloved

Lisa..I see you are online..how are you and how is your job going? I you having any trouble juggling everything. You are such an inspiration for us newbies
Closed Thread