wf balsalmic?

• Anyone try walden farms balsalmic dressing..how was it?
  • AWESOME I just got some last night and tried it for the first time and made an amazing chicken dish with it. I'm going to post this in the recipe thread too:

Balsamic Vinaigrette
    Chicken Breast
    Onion Powder
    Garlic Pepper
    Olive Oil
    Mushrooms
    Tony Chachere's

Soak chicken breast in salad dressing for few hours. Cook breast in skillet, remove most of the dressing so it won't burn in pan. Put onion powder and garlic pepper to taste. After that is good and browned/cooked, remove and set aside. Put sliced up mushrooms in pan on LOW heat and add remaining salad dressing along with Tony's to taste. Once dressing starts to bubble a little, remove and stir up. Pour mushroom sauce over chicken and enjoy.
  • Thanks for posting that recipe! A lot of folks make these random recipe blurbs in random threads that sound so delicious and they never post them to the recipe threads for posterity - instead they get washed away in all the new threads that get created.
  • Quote: Thanks for posting that recipe! A lot of folks make these random recipe blurbs in random threads that sound so delicious and they never post them to the recipe threads for posterity - instead they get washed away in all the new threads that get created.
    I agree, that's why I posted it both here and the current recipe thread.
  • I have the WF Balsalmic, I used it on my salad it was good, but I like this idea too. Thanks
  • It's been my staple for the last 4 months! I use it for everything from fish to chicken to salad and veggies!
  • I thought Balsamic Vinegar was on the no-no list for IP, at least First Protocol.
  • Quote: I thought Balsamic Vinegar was on the no-no list for IP, at least First Protocol.
    Walden Farms makes a version of balsamic that is 0/0/0 this thread is referring to. Never tried it myself...
  • I use it everyday on my salad but I extend it by adding a tsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp WF balsamic and then top it off with cider vinegar. I also add garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Otherwise I would go thur it so fast and that way I get part of my oil in.
  • Quote: I use it everyday on my salad but I extend it by adding a tsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp WF balsamic and then top it off with cider vinegar. I also add garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Otherwise I would go thur it so fast and that way I get part of my oil in.

Great idea! Are we allowed to go over our 2 tbs of olive oil? I am assuming no. Thanks!
  • I personally really like the WF Balsamic dressing. I use it a lot on my salads and as a dressing for cucumbers. It is also very good on chicken and fish. It has a sweetness to it, but since it is 0/0/0 you don't have to feel guilty about it. Try it, you'll like it!!
  • I am sufficiently intrigued....picking some up this weekend at Krogers!
  • Quote: Great idea! Are we allowed to go over our 2 tbs of olive oil? I am assuming no. Thanks!
    It's 2 TEASPOONS oil
  • Quote: It's 2 TEASPOONS oil

Thanks. I better cut back!