3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 7/6/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/262374-ip-daily-chat-friday-7-6-12-a.html)

bigmike7801 07-06-2012 04:54 PM

I was able to squeeze in a 3k run/walk in 30 minutes durring lunch and some ab crunches as well!

Maybe go see a movie tonight?!?!

BLUEJEWEL 07-06-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4396164)
WHOO-HOO!! Just back from WI#18 and down -2lb ... I was hoping for at least 1lb down since I've been itching to break into the -60+lb loss club! Also maintained my lean mass, so this was 100% fat I lost! I was curious how that would shake out after last weeks incredulous lean mass gain, so VERY happy that I maintained that! You can see in previous weeks where I lost the same amount of pounds, I didn't lose as much BF%.

Oh - and my coach measures at:
Waist
Hips
Bust
Arms
Thighs

So you are measuring both arms? both thighs?

mightbe 07-06-2012 05:08 PM

Thanks for the advice ladies! We are off to play and I have a ton of water ready to go! :D

sanibelover 07-06-2012 05:09 PM

Thanks for the replies on measuring. My coach was out of the office today for a funeral, so I don't know how many inches I lost this week, but I do know last time it was 5" total (since I started 13 weeks ago) off my waist - seems like some people have that in one week!!

Chloe222 07-06-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4395956)
Happy Friday Friends!
Well I went to the clinic yesterday and found out what was wrong with me..my blood pressure was super low! I need to get into the Dr and have some of the BP meds lowered or removed. As a matter of fact I didn't take my beta blocker last night or the diruetic this am. I take one more pill which I went ahead and took today; but I feel so much better! Thanks all for your well wishes and concern; I am doing GREAT today!! It feels so wonderful to feel good!!

Hi Darralyn,
I've been on the boards sporadically the last 2 weeks and so I missed the problem you were having. What were your symptoms? Did IP somehow change the way your current meds are working? Sorry to ask you to rehash this.

thanks,
Choe

Hockeymom40 07-06-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heitina (Post 4396014)
Oooohhhh....I've been messin' up a bit without realizing it. My coach told me today that no restricted items after 3 pm. I am majorly bummed out! I only have my restricted ones on the weekends...in the evenings. Gosh, here I thought i've been doing soooo well. I feel like a spoiled 2 yr. old being told she can't have something anymore. I love my weekend parties w/my IP treats....partying in the afternoon is not going to do it for me!!!! This is gonna be a tough one for me.....:stress:

Happy OP Friday IPeeps :hat:

Personally i don't think it matters and obviously from your losses it didn't hurt you I would not change a thing.

Hockeymom40 07-06-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMaZu (Post 4396029)
Yikes! Weigh-in this morning shows I am .8 away from goal! Can't believe how fast this part of the journey has gone! Definitely nervous and excited about the real battle ahead!
Heading to LA with the hubs for a weekend of museums, botanical gardens, a play and some good food, and of course watching the Wimbledon finals, go Federer!

You go girl!! Great job!!

Hockeymom40 07-06-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverGal (Post 4396110)
pfyoung -- what's your recipe for zucchini fries? I am up to my elbows in zucchini too, and I'm not sure what to do!!

(PS any other zucchini recipes are welcome...I should have only planted one, not two plants)

Shred it up and put it in the potato puree (add 2 egg white & 1/4 t baking powder, taragon, celery seed) and make a large pancake. Sooo good!

Hockeymom40 07-06-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulimapi (Post 4396199)
It's so annoying to be between jean sizes. Right now size 4 is baggy but size 2 is uncomfortable, not extremely tight but I don't like wearing tight jeans so I'm just wearing size 4 until I can fit comfortably in size 2.

That's a great problem to have :):)

Kaypix 07-06-2012 06:52 PM

OK so I'll do my replies to the 97 posts (97 that's right, holy cow that's huge!), here's my morning's "project" that I played with on Photobucket.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...s/LoveIs-1.jpg

Chloe222 07-06-2012 07:39 PM

Mamazu
Congrats on being a hair away from goal!! Whoo Hoo!!!

Liz, Rainbow Smiles, Anyone,
Where is the kitchen thread? I'm pretty slow on some aspects of this web site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma (Post 4396012)
Sort of an NSV today. my job occasionally requires me to put on scrubs very quickly. well, 3X is not a common size and is often in short supply, not good if someone is depending on me. so I would stock pile them in each vehicle so that I would have them if needed. Well, I no longer need 3Xs so today I returned all of them. yay, me. Of course it would have been funny if I had actually put them on and then run off to work, too!!!

Goodbye 3X!! Congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulimapi (Post 4396199)
It's so annoying to be between jean sizes. Right now size 4 is baggy but size 2 is uncomfortable, not extremely tight but I don't like wearing tight jeans so I'm just wearing size 4 until I can fit comfortably in size 2.

I see you have 16 pounds left to lose but if you do, what size will you be? Seriously, I know there's size 0, but are there minus sizes also?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4396366)
OK so I'll do my replies to the 97 posts (97 that's right, holy cow that's huge!), here's my morning's "project" that I played with on Photobucket.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...s/LoveIs-1.jpg

You did this? Such talent! Looks fabulous. how did you do this? Decoupage?

DanafromAustin 07-06-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmike7801 (Post 4396279)
I was able to squeeze in a 3k run/walk in 30 minutes durring lunch and some ab crunches as well!

Maybe go see a movie tonight?!?!

Great job! That calls for an extra protein for sure.:carrot:

locopollo 07-06-2012 07:50 PM

I hear that after size 0, you shop in the juniors section.

I had a very nice dinner of grilled chicken breast, sliced, with stir-fried bok choy. I drizzled it with a combination of half tahari and half WF balsamic dressing to which I added hot red pepper flakes. I let the sauce sit in the fridge overnight. I would add some onions and I don't know what else to the bok choy, but I'm liking the Chinese flavor. :D

That is nice, Kaypix! And your comparison pics are great!

Hockeymom40 07-06-2012 07:51 PM

I had my weigh in tonight since Wednesday was the holiday. I was down 1.75. I'm happy with that. Not use to weighing at the end of the day so may have been a little more if it was 1st thing in the morning like it usually is. Back to my normal schedule next week. Finally got some before & after pics posted, thanks to my hubby. I am so computer illiterate! Getting so close to goal I can taste it. Probably not the best expression to use :)

Aussieluver 07-06-2012 08:03 PM

DenverGal,
I cut up the zucchini in small sections like fries. Put them in a zip lock bag with 1 tsp of EVOO, sea salt, and creole spices ... shake to coat all zucchini. Baked at 400 for 20 min, flipped them and then finished baking for another 10 min. They were really good AND totally OP :O))