3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   In maintenance, low tolerance for wine!? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/262310-maintenance-low-tolerance-wine.html)

Andie0606 07-05-2012 10:20 AM

In maintenance, low tolerance for wine!?

I posted this in the Maintainers Thread but only got one response. I'm wondering if anyone else has any thoughts.

I have been on maintenance for a few weeks now. I am staying with low carbs all of the time instead of doing the "cheat" day followed by a Phase 1 day. My weight is stable (yea!), but my problem is with wine. On a couple of occasions I have had a couple of small glasses of wine with dinner. The next day I have felt like I had been on an all night bender. One of the times I drank two small glasses of white wine that was only 11% alcohol and felt awful all the next day. Before IP, I drank two or three glasses of wine almost every night after work without any negative side effects the next day. Has anyone else experienced a very low tolerance for alcohol after IP? (I guess I should count this as a blessing since I'm sure all of the wine contributed to my weight problem to begin with!) Thanks!

QuilterInVA 07-05-2012 10:36 AM

It is recommended that women never have more than 1 glass of wine per day.

LizRR 07-05-2012 10:57 AM

Cheap date! Finally a way to save money on IP...the booze budget in maintenance!

Ishbel 07-05-2012 11:31 AM

I have a cheat day and I don't drink a lot which is why I didn't respond to you, sorry :/

When I do drink on my cheat day it's only 1-3 drinks as I don't want to overload myself and be hung over on a Phase 1 day (the day after 'fun day'). I don't ever feel like crap though - feel normal and the need to detox the food from the cheat day.

I'm allergic to sulfates and could never find a white wine I liked that wasn't 'sweet' therefore high in sugar. So I choose food now. When I drink lately it's an ALIVE cooler or a raspberry vodka with Shweppes splenda ginger ale....but I've had fun days without ANY alcohol.

The phase sheets I received recommend the cheat day (in fact stated as mandatory) and recommended to keep alcohol to your cheat day. Whatever you do in your maintenance is right for you though!

Not sure how much that helps you....good luck! :)

Andie0606 07-05-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuilterInVA (Post 4394666)
It is recommended that women never have more than 1 glass of wine per day.

Yeah, and it's also recommended that people eat balanced diets, exhibit portion control, and exercise regularly.

Andie0606 07-05-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4394691)
Cheap date! Finally a way to save money on IP...the booze budget in maintenance!

No kidding! Thanks, Liz., good one!

explore 07-05-2012 03:53 PM

I'm planning on shots of jaeger when it's my turn for a fun day... maybe next month. I'll let you know how that goes. I did read somewhere that you are better off with vodka than wine. I know that my drink of choice (pre ideal protein) with no hangovers are 1-2 shots of jaegarmeister and a lite beer. I would also try drinking lots of water after your wine to see if that helps.

Andie0606 07-05-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by explore (Post 4395074)
I'm planning on shots of jaeger when it's my turn for a fun day... maybe next month. I'll let you know how that goes. I did read somewhere that you are better off with vodka than wine. I know that my drink of choice (pre ideal protein) with no hangovers are 1-2 shots of jaegarmeister and a lite beer. I would also try drinking lots of water after your wine to see if that helps.

Thank you. I appreciate your suggestions. I may try vodka instead.

Maile 07-05-2012 05:41 PM

My son was the one who told me that drinking a glass of water for each drink, keeps you hydrated and you feel better the next day.

Good luck with your experiments. I do know that alcohol affects you more if you are not eating carbs.

Andie0606 07-06-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4395186)
My son was the one who told me that drinking a glass of water for each drink, keeps you hydrated and you feel better the next day.

Good luck with your experiments. I do know that alcohol affects you more if you are not eating carbs.

Thank you; I'll try that, too.