What is your daily eating schedule

• Wondering what your eating schedule looks like each day. Thinking I need to mix it up a little. Currently this is basically what I do.

8:30 IP (Chocolate Drink)
    12:00 IP and 2 cups vegi's
    3:00 IP restrictive bar
    6:00 Meat and 2 cups vegi's

Thanks so much!
  • Non-Weightlifting Days
    Breakfast@8am: IP + 1 cup veggies
    Lunch@12pm: IP + 1 cup veggies
    Snack@4pm: IP Restricted
    Dinner@8pm: 8oz protein + 2 cups veggies
    Tea@10pm: 1-2 cups licorice, peppermint, & fennel tea

Weightlifting Weekdays: Tue & Thu
    Breakfast@8am: IP + 1 cup veggies
    Snack@4pm: IP Restricted
    Snack@6pm: IP
    Gym@6:30-7:30pm: 1 hour Bodypump class

Weightlifting Weekend: Sun
    Snack@8: IP Restricted
    Gym@8:30-9:30am: 1 hour Bodypump class
    Breakfast@10am: IP + 1 cup veggies
    Snack@4pm: IP
  • 8:30 AM- Breaky RTD shake and lots of water
    12PM- Lunch- 8oz of chicken breast with evoo/sea salt
    5PM -Dinner -Chocolate RTD shake with lots of water
    7pm-30 minute walk on the treadmill
    7:30pm Dessert-Rubarb Crumble

Water count for the day= 4 -32 oz bottles
  • 5am- herb and cheese omelet, mushrooms, spinach

12pm- yogurt, soup, rtd, or bar

6-8pm 8oz protein, 2 cups veggies, salad

11-12pm cappuccino and cucumbers

I have done this every single day with the exception of 2 days...my coach always laughs at my journal. She says very boring, but its what works for me. We work 12-14hrs a day so thats why the weird schedule, but not weird for me, been doing it for 10+ years...
  • 6-7 am: IP drink (not typically a breakfast person) and water
    11:00 am: 1/2 restricted ( LOVE the dill zippers!!)
    1:00 pm: always a salad with varied veggies ... and smoothie
    3:00 pm: 1/2 restricted left from mid-morning
    6:00 pm: always salad and my allotted meat protein
    8-9 pm: IP drink or 1/2 additional restricted if agility night (recommended by coach because of extra exercise - agility nights with dogs runs 3 hrs of teaching/training ... but I'm sure this is TMI - lol)

Does anyone know of a diet drink similar to Crystal Light that we can use? I don't like the instant tea that is recommended :O( Water just gets a bit boring over the summer ... but I am drinking it!
  • 9AM: EAS RTD shake with ice and decaf coffee in blender
    Noon: Salad
    1PM: EAS RTD shake, 2 cups veggies
    6PM: 8oz meat protein, 2 cups veggies
    8PM Salad
    10PM: EAS RTD Shake
    no restricteds
    Oh yeah...water..water...water...water...and if I get thirsty between I have more water!
    Today is day 3 for me...
  • Quote: Wondering what your eating schedule looks like each day. Thinking I need to mix it up a little. Currently this is basically what I do.

8:00 IP (Chocolate Drink)
    12:00 IP and 2 cups vegi's
    3:00 IP restrictive bar

Thanks so much!
    Pretty much the same schedule as you but no restricted stuff.

8:30 IP Chocolate or Vanilla RTD
    12:00 IP Chocolate or Vanilla RTD & 2 cups vegetables
    3:00 IP Chocolate or Vanilla RTD
  • Does anyone know of a diet drink similar to Crystal Light that we can use? I don't like the instant tea that is recommended :O( Water just gets a bit boring over the summer ... but I am drinking it![/QUOTE]

I make decaf iced tea - Lipton has a cold brew kind you can make quickly - you can add Splenda if you like it sweet
  • I usually fill my water bottle 1/4 with Crystal Light Lemonade and the rest water. I have heard several people comment on "MIO", but have never tried it. If you want more response on this post on the daily thread, they are great with getting back to you.

Quote: Does anyone know of a diet drink similar to Crystal Light that we can use? I don't like the instant tea that is recommended :O( Water just gets a bit boring over the summer ... but I am drinking it!
    I make decaf iced tea - Lipton has a cold brew kind you can make quickly - you can add Splenda if you like it sweet[/QUOTE]
  • My coach told me not to have much of the zero calorie sweetened drinks, because the sugar taste may create more sugar cravings. BUT.. I could imagine crystal light popsicles being pretty good.... anyone try that?
  • As long as the Crystal Light has NO ASPARTAME (this is what is believed to cause insulin spikes in the pancreas that can trigger cravings, and we want that pancreas to remain rested!). Some folks also find they have a sensitivity to Sucralose (aka, Splenda), but that's something you find out as you go along.

All sweetener should be used in moderation as they can create carb values as it accumulates in your day. Example: 1 Splenda packet is ~0.9g carbs/~4 calories. Stevia is generally a truly zero carb and a zero glycemic load (but it comes in many forms/packages, so watch the ingredients).

AVOID maltodextrin. It causes a glycemic load and insulin spike similar to white table sugar. Sugar alcohols are acceptable to some extent, some people are sensitive to other sugar alcohols so if you use them, monitor how your body is responding, it you feel a sugar high, or if you stall, perhaps you should avoid that one too. Usually you can tell if sugar alcohols aren't being absorbed if you have 'stomach problems'.

Again, try to use in moderation, but if they help you to stay on program and avoid sugars, many coaches would rather you do that than cheat with something sugary. My coach recommends limiting them to 6 or less/day.
  • Quote: Does anyone know of a diet drink similar to Crystal Light that we can use? I don't like the instant tea that is recommended :O( Water just gets a bit boring over the summer ... but I am drinking it!
    I make decaf iced tea - Lipton has a cold brew kind you can make quickly - you can add Splenda if you like it sweet[/QUOTE]

I use propel zero and I have heard of people using MIO
  • 7:30a - IP Drink (usually rtd vanilla+an extra 12 oz water+cinnamon)
    11a - 1 C veggies
    12:30p - 4 oz protein, 1 C veggies, salad
    4:00p - IP restricted packet, 1C veggies
    7:00p - 4 oz protein, 1 C veggies
    8:30p - IP drink+20 oz water

For a Crystal Light-type drink, I use True Lemon or just have some lemon juice in my water. For me, the colder the water, the better!
  • Quote: Does anyone know of a diet drink similar to Crystal Light that we can use? I don't like the instant tea that is recommended :O( Water just gets a bit boring over the summer ... but I am drinking it!

I drink Kool-aid (you know the stuff we loved as kids). I make it with the unsweetend packet, 1/2 c Splenda and fill the pitcher (about 2 1/2 qt) with water. I started with the 1 c Splenda and put in a little less each time until I hit the magic 1/2 c. Fill the cup to the brim with ice.

Love it
  • 7 - shake
    10:30 - 2 egg whites ( get hungry)
    12 - soup or shake with 1 heart of romaine
    3 - 2 cups veggies- cukes or green pepper
    6 -8 oz protein, 1 heart romaine & 2 cups veggies (DH has dinner ready when. I get home, arent I a lucky girl?)
    9 - dark chocolate pudding

I drink water constantly throughout the day, about 20 glasses or more (weekends it will be less).