IP Daily Chat July 4th 2012

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
    have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
  • Good Morning and Happy Independence Day to all of you south of the border

Hope you have a great OP Day!
  • Happy 4th! Enjoy and be safe...
  • Happy 4th of July!
  • Good morning IP'ers! Happy 4th to those of us in the US!

We are golfing today with my parents and maybe a movie in the afternoon. I am up a little early so I should go down to the basement and do my pilates, which I haven't done since I started IP last Friday...but I don't want to. Yesterday I did 8 minutes of squats and lunges, and I can sure feel it.

Today was the first day the scale didn't move. After Friday's WI, I am moving my scales to the garage.
  • Parade here,min the rain, in Manchester MA with the family today. Shopping for 18 lobster and some rib eyes for me and those if us who don't want lobstah!

Have fun, stay OP!!!
  • Welcome to MA Vet.... glad you're not on duty today. Relax and Enjoy!

Wishing all of my IP family a safe and happy Fourth!
    BBQing with friends at the family camp.... lot's of OP foods planned.
    Keep smiling!
  • Happy 4th everyone!

I have been on a 2 week plateau, but stepped on the scale to see a 1 pound drop since Monday!

Today I will do a little cleaning, BBQ salmon and veggies for dinner, fireworks at dusk. It was 103 yesterday, HOT for Montana, but in the upper 80s today. So I may also do some work in the garden.

Had to harvest the last of my spinach yesterday. Now it's back to store bought spinach.

Have a fun OP day!
  • Happy 4th to all!
    I am on day 2 of phase 1...and looking forward to my 8oz chicken on the grill later! Of course I will be cooking for a bunch of other people who will enjoy hot dogs, steaks, ribs etc...but no matter what I will NOT share my 2 cups of veggies! Gotta run...have a date with a jug of water...haha!
    Be safe all!
    Jake
  • Good morning. Happy 4th of July to all you Americans! Have a safe and happy OP day.

Today was WI day for me, and while not fantastic I'll definitely take it. -1 lbs down. This is getting me veery close to my 1/2 way to my goal weight. I've promised myself a little mini-celebration when I get to 1/2 way.... I'd better hurry up and decide what it's going to be!

Everyone have a great day!
  • Happy 4th everyone! Stay strong and keep cool. Last night I went to a friends for a small get together and am proud to say I stayed 100% OP. That was nsv for me!
    I had my soy puffs with me and was just happy to sit on the deck and hang with my girlfriends while our kids played in the pool.
    enjoy your day peeps!
    Ps I think I'm addicted to this forum. My breakfast is getting cold cause I had to check in here first. Lol
  • Happy 4th everyone!
    I have no idea what we are cooking today, but I will be going out to the store shortly. We want to grill, but the heat is so nasty! If we grill, it will probably be something quick, like burgers or hot dogs. Chicken takes entirely too long, and it is just way WAY to hot to be hovering over a grill.

I will say this, even with the heat, I am enjoying this summer so much more than last summer. I actually worked out in my yard yesterday for the first time in years. I enjoyed it so much! I kept a chair out in the shade to take lots of water breaks, but my gosh it felt so good to be out there - among the living! LOL! It was uncomfortable this year, but it would have killed me last year. Thanks IP!!!

Y'all have a safe 4th!
  • Kaypix..your pictures from yesterday are amaxingly beautiful. Congrats on that impromptu fitting!!
  • Happy 4th from your neighbours to the north!!! Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

This was posted in yesterday's thread and I wanted to respond to it:
    Quote: Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone can help me. I just bought the IP Collagen and I'm wondering how to take it. I've been told two different ways. First one is I can take it everyday and it doesn't replace a packet and second is only take it every second day and it does replace a packet. Please help!
    I take one tablespoon in the morning and another before bed every day. This DOES NOT replace any of my protein packs.

I think the confusion comes if you're trying to get collagen from the two IP packets that have it - the jelly and the blueberry cran granata drink. They do count as packets (because they are!) and they should only be consumed once every second day because they're missing one of the eight essential amino acids the other packs contain.

So if you're trying to get extra collagen from the packets - one every two days. But if you've purchased their liquid collagen, the sickly sweet raspberry flavoured liquid, then it's 1tbsp twice a day every day.

Hope that helps!
  • Have a Safe, Happy, IP/OP 4th of July
    everyone