Fighting Hunger....

• OK, so I am really fighting hunger today. It's not cravings, it's hunger. I've had my breakfast, LOTS of water. I'm hungry only 3 hours after my breakfast shake...blah.

Getting ready to make my lunch now, can't hold out any longer. Here is my concern however: it's a LONG way till dinner time if I eat now, and the only snack that is allowed is after dinner...

Is it permissible to add another snack (OP of course) till the hunger gets under control?

Thanks!

phoenix!
  • I have my snack before dinner - it's the only way I can manage it into mine and my family's schedule. I HAVE to eat every 4 hours: breakfast@8am (IP & 1 cup veggies), lunch@12pm (IP & 1 cup veggies), snack@4pm (restricted), dinner@8pm (protein & 2 cups veggies), 2 cups hot tea@10pm (curb the late night munchies). On weightlifting days I add a 4th packet @ 6pm.
  • I agree with the hot tea, that is quite filling. I saw something on Extreme Makeover Weight loss the other night that said that room temperature or warm/hot water is much more filling to the body. And that cold water is best if you need quick hydration.

I also put a jar of dill pickle spears in my fridge at work for those "have to have something" moments and with some water it seems to work.

Good luck!
  • Quote: I have my snack before dinner - it's the only way I can manage it into mine and my family's schedule. I HAVE to eat every 4 hours: breakfast@8am (IP & 1 cup veggies), lunch@12pm (IP & 1 cup veggies), snack@4pm (restricted), dinner@8pm (protein & 2 cups veggies), 2 cups hot tea@10pm (curb the late night munchies). On weightlifting days I add a 4th packet @ 6pm.
    Ah -- see this sounds more like something I can manage! We eat dinner around that time too...and if I get my fill at dinner, I struggle to eat MORE (snack) after that. I think I will try this strategy.

Thanks for the tips on hot teas, forgot that one I was so concentrating on the water part!

phoenix!
  • I do the same thing LizRR does - my snack is in the afternoon around 3-4 pm.

But if you are totally desperate, add in another UNrestricted packet. Or lettuce/salad (counting the non-lettuce veg as part of your two cups).
  • I have a packet if it gets too bad, and my eating habits are way weird compared to everyone else's, it's:
    7:30AM=coffee w/ RTD "creamer"
    9:30AM=shake
    1:30-2:30PM="lunch" shake+veggie
    6:30PM="dinner" meat+veggie
    8:30PM=snack

I find I cook better, and more efficiently for dinner, when I'm hungry
  • Don't forget that you're allowed unlimited celery, cucumbers and lettuce. I snack on celery sticks when I'm feeling that kind of hunger.
  • I think for future days, the meal timing suggestions will be great for you.

For today, if the tea or extra packet doesn't work, you could also try making a one egg white or two egg white omelette or having a hard boiled egg.
  • See im the opposite..I prefer to eat my main meal at lunch time because i know that i get the afternoon munchies really bad...Between the hours of 2-5 i get munchy...so find that if i eat my main protein entree at lunch time, then it holds me through and i dont feel munchie all afternoon...and then i just drink a shake before bed and im good...