Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Big mistake, I dropped by my club for a quick weigh-in. Yikes, I am up 5 lbs. Yes, it was late in the day, and I have Tom, but I am really bummed. Whoa.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #242  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Well today was a HUGE NVS FOR ME.....I went shopping, went to Avenue and fit in a 14-16 shirt, size 18 capri's, they fit but a 16 was too small. THEN went to Old navy and found a size....ready....wait for it....wait for it....LARGE!!!!!!sundress and IT FIT!!!....I said OMG in the dressing room and the older lady at the check in counter said are you ok? I said OH YEA I AM FINE....WONDERFUL...and couldn't stop giggling....oh what a feeling!!!
I love hearing about new size stories. I was still scared to try Old Navy because i've heard from a friend that their clothes fit small but now you've inspired me to try it.

Are there any golfers out there? I need advise on the exercise level. I golf every week in a ladies league, 9 holes and with a cart but it is the type of course where there is still a fair amount of walking. We start at 6pm after work and then there is a dinner when done around 8:30-9. I have been having a Blueberry Pom drink during the game for a few extra calories. My coach and I picked that because it can also be considered a free drink so if I didn't exercise enough to warrant an extra packet, it would still be ok. Yesterday I went out for 18 holes of golf, 5 hours of play. I had my blueberry pudding shake before I left, then on the course had the Blueberry Pom drink, 2 cups raw veggies and a RTD Mango drink. It was hot so I drank tons of water and powerade zero then on the way home my stomach was growling so I ate my BBQ Ridges. I had dinner by 6:30, turkey taco salad with veggies. At 9:30 I was preparing to eat my rhubarb as a snack but was so hungry again, I also had another packet of vanilla pudding. So does this sound reasonable? I don't feel like golf is overly-exerting so I thought the blueberry Pom drink would be enough but then I was hungry in the evening which is very unusual for me? I'm going to let my coach know about this too but I'm not seeing her for another few weeks because of work and vacation travel.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #243  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Wishing you a VERY happy anniversary!

Ugh... more talk of cheating over on the daily chat board. Frustrates me because some think they can win the game by slipping in cheats here and there. It's sad because those are the ones that won't make it to the end and be successful. Oh well.
Thanks for the warning. I thought I might pop in there to check up but I don't think I ready for cheating topics again today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Big mistake, I dropped by my club for a quick weigh-in. Yikes, I am up 5 lbs. Yes, it was late in the day, and I have Tom, but I am really bummed. Whoa.
Hey NewPath, chin up. You know this is temporary and you will lose it again quickly. Just imagine next week when you've lost that 5lbs and more!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
Lovely 100% OP ladies...I need some suggestions. I know I am not the only oone facing this and I am struggling with how best to tackle this issue. I have always had some unhealthy body image problems. My question is how do you bring your vision of your body in line with reality? Is it just simply a matter of focusing on shutting off the negative self talk and using a healthy affirmation? That is all I am coming up with at the moment.

To give you an example when I was 19 (pre pregnancy) I thought I was fat and that my boobs were huge. Needless to say the many past years have helped me realize that I was way off base on both counts. Having said that here is my observation of my current self. In April I was going through my clothes in my closet and looking at some size 12 jeans telling my friend K that I couldn't believe my butt used to be that small. Now I am wearing those very same jeans and looking in the mirror and all I see is lumpy bumpy. I need to get myself to the point where I can look in the mirror and celebrate that my butt really is that small and quit being so harsh. I am just not sure how to get there.
Meadow (and fellow Montanan!),
I don't think our minds have time to catch up to our body changes. We are used to seeing and feeling about oursevles in a certain way, and it is really hard for the mind to adjust.

So I say practice. Put on those smaller size 12 pants and instead of saying "Lumpy Bumpy", say something like. "you fit into these pants". You are getting smaller, or other things that are affirming. Tell yourself you look great, and look yourself in the eyes when you say it.

Practice. Fake it till you make it. Pretty soon your mind will start to see yourself in a different way.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #245  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Lovely 100% OP ladies...I need some suggestions. I know I am not the only oone facing this and I am struggling with how best to tackle this issue. I have always had some unhealthy body image problems. My question is how do you bring your vision of your body in line with reality? Is it just simply a matter of focusing on shutting off the negative self talk and using a healthy affirmation? That is all I am coming up with at the moment.

To give you an example when I was 19 (pre pregnancy) I thought I was fat and that my boobs were huge. Needless to say the many past years have helped me realize that I was way off base on both counts. Having said that here is my observation of my current self. In April I was going through my clothes in my closet and looking at some size 12 jeans telling my friend K that I couldn't believe my butt used to be that small. Now I am wearing those very same jeans and looking in the mirror and all I see is lumpy bumpy. I need to get myself to the point where I can look in the mirror and celebrate that my butt really is that small and quit being so harsh. I am just not sure how to get there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
When I look in the mirror I see a smaller me but still think I am bigger, THEN I go and try on clothes and I am like there is no way I will fit in that. I try them on and THEY FIT, I still see a bigger me but I am getting better at seeing the smaller me. When I look in the mirror I mostly see my top half then when I see a full length mirror I look at it and say WOW you really are small now. We all have to learn how to see our new bodies, we are all our worst critics, I have always accepted me as I was, so now in this body I have am enjoying it and wearing it with PRIDE. Its a whole new outlook on life that is for sure.
I was all set to type my reply, but then I saw Lisa's reply and it was EXACTLY what I was going to say. I think it just really boils down to time. Time to get use to our new bodies, and I think our minds will eventually see us as we look now, and not how we use to look.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

I was just going through my recipe binder...a collection of all the recipes that Jeff and I adore...and modifying some of them to make them Phase 1 (and beyond) appropriate. I have posted them over on the other forum that Wuv is administering if any of you are interested in some fun new recipes to try.

http://www.idealproteinforum.com/for...for-All-Phases
Old 07-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #247  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

So nice to come and read up on everyone's success'. I haven't been checking in much lately as the nice weather has the backyard calling me during any free time...

I have lost a little over 60 pounds and I am about 30 pounds from what I had originally set as my goal weight. I am shopping in the regular clothes section and actually feel pretty good when I get dressed. This of course equals temptation to stray from the program. So glad you ladies (and gents) are hear to remind me to stay on track.

I have promised myself to come back regularly for my daily dose of 3FC - 100% friends encouragement.

Thanks for being there
Old 07-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #248  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammywhiz View Post
I have lost a little over 60 pounds and I am about 30 pounds from what I had originally set as my goal weight. I am shopping in the regular clothes section and actually feel pretty good when I get dressed.
Thanks for being there
Congrats! It is good that the backyard is calling you. Great time to get out and catch some vitamin D.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #249  

Quote:
Don't be bummed out...you know that there are many things including late in the day and TOM that can cause it to fluctuate hugely during the course of a day let alone a few days. Heck I can drink a water bottle go pee and be up 4 lbs just from the water I drank 30 minutes before.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #250  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
There are three factors here that aren't giving you an accurate picture of what is going on here:
1. It's not first thing in the morning.
2. You aren't wearing your birthday suit (well at least I hope you weren't)
3. You have food in your tummy
4. It's TOM
5. That's not your scale from home

I lied, that's 5 things, not 3 .
You may have gained a temporary one or two pounds because of TOM, but not 5. Always keep your eye on the goal even when little bumps in the road happen.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #251  

Quote:
Don't be bummed out...you know that there are many things including late in the day and TOM that can cause it to fluctuate hugely during the course of a day let alone a few days. Heck I can drink a water bottle go pee and be up 4 lbs just from the water I drank 30 minutes before.
Really?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #252  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I was just going through my recipe binder...a collection of all the recipes that Jeff and I adore...and modifying some of them to make them Phase 1 (and beyond) appropriate. I have posted them over on the other forum that Wuv is administering if any of you are interested in some fun new recipes to try.

http://www.idealproteinforum.com/for...for-All-Phases
Great recipes Meadow! I have to try the Salisbury Steak.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #253  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
There are three factors here that aren't giving you an accurate picture of what is going on here:
1. It's not first thing in the morning.
2. You aren't wearing your birthday suit (well at least I hope you weren't)
3. You have food in your tummy
4. It's TOM
5. That's not your scale from home

I lied, that's 5 things, not 3 .
You may have gained a temporary one or two pounds because of TOM, but not 5. Always keep your eye on the goal even when little bumps in the road happen.
Thanks, Dana. This is why I do not have a scale at home. The scale that I weighed on is lighter than the scale at the clinic. I usually check in once or twice a week to see how I am doing. I was fine weighing only once a week at the clinic, until I had my 0 loss week. That utterly shut me down for a bit.(If I had known that the scale was not going to show my loss that week, I would have been okay...prepared, in control.) So, that is why I check in now. I literally dropped in to weigh because I was feeling lean.....Oh, well. Onwards. Weigh in Wednesday. Might put a shout out to the Whoosh Fairy!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #254  

Default Jenny O Turkey Burgers-Lean

Absolutely, 100% horrible!!!!!!!!!! I will get the name of the yummy ones I was used to, and post it!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #255  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Don't fret, you know you got this, it has been years since I had a TOM but I still remember the water retention and bloating. Hang in there, the woosh is on the way
Closed Thread