Frozen spinach

• How much equals 2cups?
  • Does it say what a serving size is? Maybe find out what the serving size is for spinach and then compare it to the serving size on the package. The serving sizes on the packages are normally based on a daily amount.
  • Just had a good laugh -- as I'm reading this post, I remembered the frozen spinach I put in the microwave for dinner last night and never took out. I guess I didn't eat my veggies last night. I wonder if they are still good.
  • Good old Google....10oz frozen = 1 1/2cups cooked
  • Quote: Good old Google....10oz frozen = 1 1/2cups cooked
    Wow, it seems like it would be so much more! I just stocked up on those 10 ozs boxes and plan to use them as my lunch veggie at work.

~phoenix~
  • Quote: Wow, it seems like it would be so much more! I just stocked up on those 10 ozs boxes and plan to use them as my lunch veggie at work.

~phoenix~
    yeah, that would be, now that I think of it. can't find any information how much frozen would be to fresh. Just to be on the caution side, I would just buy fresh and IMO way tastier. I remember buying frozen Spinach nuggets from Walmart, gag, had to throw them out, they were awful.
  • I ask because frozen spinach was on sale at Safeway and I wanted to stock up to save some $$.
  • 2 cups fresh spinach equal 1/2 cup cooked.

So your box is probably 3 servings of spinach.
  • Quote: I ask because frozen spinach was on sale at Safeway and I wanted to stock up to save some $$.
    Love when those boxes go on sale! And I know this is going to sound terrible: but for some reason, fresh spinach will sit and rot before I use it. At least with frozen, if I don't feel like eating it for 3 weeks it's still good...

phoenix
  • Quote: Love when those boxes go on sale! And I know this is going to sound terrible: but for some reason, fresh spinach will sit and rot before I use it. At least with frozen, if I don't feel like eating it for 3 weeks it's still good...

phoenix
    I found a bag of loose chopped spinach, so much easier to use than the boxes... Safeway.
  • I tried this over the weekend and it was awesome!!
    Making the Basics: Frozen Chopped Spinach

http://annies-eats.com/2012/06/27/ma...opped-spinach/