Old 06-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Have a great weekend! It's going to be a hot one in Louisiana, so I'm going to drink lots of water.
I just looked at your info- wow, only 17 to go to goal! Amazing, great job!
I assume you use sewing momma because you sew. I do to! Right now I am taking in clothes while I shrink, then I'll get some new ones- or new to me.

Jeanie
dizzyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebaughman View Post
We are finally having rain and it is 75 here. It will probably get really hot after this is over, but the radar looks like it could go on most of the day. I have been struggling lately to stay OP. Still have a long way to go and giving up is not an option.
JE,
Why are you having a tough time? Is it due to cravings, or is it being at the summer parties/picnics where fol,ks are eating all the stuff we used to eat or is it depression or something else? Just asking so I can help you. No need to answer if you don't want to.

Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Whooo Hooo congratulations on your certification. Awesomeness.

Soo Cougar, I mean Renee, what's it like? Must feel good, I think it's cute your son had to point it out to you. They might have noticed the car first but then they saw the pretty lady driving it!

I am working, on a late lunch break now, but I have tomorrow and all next week off so today is not so bad.

Thanks for the tip on the Asian sauce, sound good.

I would not worry about it either.
Haha! You are too funny.
enjoy your time off!
reneepw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #49  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Forgot my shaker today and I'm at work so I had a mango drink for breakfast. for lunch i had lamb with a cucumber salad. for dinner i had a mango drink and once i get home I'm making veggies!! :-)
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
My fella comes home today. He travels often for work and I'm pretty used to that, but this week he's been up in the mountains with no phone or computer. I do NOT approve of no contact for a week.

Meawhile, today is my one-month anniversary. I broke my own rule and used my bathroom scale. I am down a total of 20.5 pounds from that scale's high (admitedly low compared to the center) to my current on the same scale. I'm claiming that as a victory.

I know others are losing faster, but I am AMAZED at how well this diet works and how easy it is to follow.
congratulations!! you are doing amzing, and it is not usually too helpful to compare ourselves to others, we are all unique. you are doing great!! keep it up!
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I am trying to wait another 40 minutes before I have my snack. I hope this hunger goes away soon. I am on my second day and doing well except for being really hungry in the afternoon.
locopollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #52  
Started IP 5/17/12

S/C/G: 196 Started [email protected]/156.5/125

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone! Has anyone tried the IP Lemon tea drink? It is suppose to be served cold not hot. Not sure if I want to break it open. It's 9 carbs!! Thanks!
GGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGee View Post
Hello everyone! Has anyone tried the IP Lemon tea drink? It is suppose to be served cold not hot. Not sure if I want to break it open. It's 9 carbs!! Thanks!
I tried the lemon tea cold. It is fine, but I don't think I will be getting it again.
sanibelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #54  
Started IP 5/17/12

S/C/G: 196 Started [email protected]/156.5/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
I tried the lemon tea cold. It is fine, but I don't think I will be getting it again.
Thanks for the feedback!
GGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #55  

Day 2, and I've had all my food. Not feeling so great. I'm detoxing, right? I will feel better on Day 4?

At least my hunger has left.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 209/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2.5

Grrr... Just needed to vent. Walking to my parked car I saw someone had hit it. No note left, nothing! Just wanted to eat crunchy chips to take my frustration on and self soothe. But I'm on IP and can't. I'm definitely a carb addict and was wondering if there ever comes a time when your first thought doesn't turn to eating when you are upset.
MiamiCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #57  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy Folks! About to head out to an early July 4th BBQ soon, bringing a broccoli & red pepper salad from a Wuv posted recipe. I love broccoli salads like that, but strangely haven't made them on IP. I've been so busy trying out new and delicious new veggies. So there will at least be one side dish I can eat! Hope you all have a great weekend and Canada Day to the folks up north!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
Have a great weekend. I exercised again last night, with an extra shake and am still same weight today. I'm going to track it all carefully to see if I can make it work.
Hey Cougar - I usually give myself 1-2 weeks to see if I can track a 'trend' with something like that - particularly given the type of exercise. I know with weightlifting as your muscles tear & repair they do retain more water for a while - but then you get more muscle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
I found out yesterday that I passed my Texas teacher certification tests!! I have a Georgia certification, but wanted the Texas one before it expires. After $700 and 2 hard tests, I am Texas certified!
Oh - I made a rookie mistake and ate 2 restricteds yesterday. I am not eating anymore restricteds for the rest of my week.
Congratulations on passing your test! And don't be too hard about the restricteds, a lot of folks did that in their newbie days (Wuv & usmcvet included) as far as unintentionally having 1+ restricteds/day. Honest mistake, just go back to your routine. Once I had 2 restricteds ON PURPOSE (Evil Chocolate Soy Puffs - finally had the courage to reorder those delicious devils this week)...I'm just glad there were only 2 packs of that left when I went off (I had been fighting myself all week not to gourge on them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Hello All - so excited for this long weekend, weather is supposed to be warm and sunny. Made it into the 120's this week, that leaves one sad and lonely pound to go. I do not have a coach so have not been measured but it is strange how the inches keep dropping, jeans that were tight on the leg 10 days ago are noticeably looser now even though I have only lost 3lbs. Well my dogs are waiting to go for their walk on the beach, have a great day everyone
1 more lonely little pound...that's awesome! Congratulations on the impressive milestone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
I survived Day 1. I was very hungry in the afternoon, but I'd eaten a ton the day before, so I know that's part of it, plus I've gotta get my groove down on the veggies.

I'm a regular exerciser, but for two weeks I'm walking, yoga & pilates. It's kind of a nice change of pace! But I've got new weight workouts I'm dying to try out! Well, hopefully I'll be trying them out at a smaller size. I am excited to get into ketosis and start moving some FAT!
Your first week will be the hardest and the hungriest. My coach gave me 28 pack variety starter kit for my first week to have an extra 4th packet if the hunger got too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Man oh man- I cannot get past this constant hunger. I'm thinking it will take me a month to lose my last 10lbs... I pray its not longer than a month. Why did I ever cheat ;(

Must.Keep.Swimming.
Let's do this NOVA! SWIM! SWIM! SWIM! You and me...we are so close to the finish line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
I have survived 42 dozen cookies, the world's best, without touching, nibbling, sneaking, snitching, ingesting, or otherwise partaking of a single bite. My daughter has been baking for 2 days and will finish up another 8 dozen today. But I am not worried! And that feels good.

I read an article yesterday of the importance of breathing. Sounds basic, right? But according to the article many people do not take the time to breathe properly, fully, deeply. And this actually inhibits the function of the body and therefore, weightloss.
42 DOZEN cookies...wow, that's a great NSV! And fyi - I just did a few deep breaths and do feel a good difference. Thanks for the reminder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
It's going to be a hot one in Wisconsin, too! Pool party at my house and I'll be serving lots of water...mostly to myself! I'm on Day 4 today and I did something very stupid...stepped on the scale. It hasn't moved a pound. Boo. Not sure I will have a big first weigh in at this point, but at least I've started something good and refuse to look back! Have a great day everyone!
I think you will be pleasantly surprised at your first 2 WIs. Give yourself a chance - your body is going through some crazy changes right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I have been a little slow to do some of the great recipes and just last week did another basic thing I picked up here (think it was LizRR in the great black dress - fabulous new avatar) who posted that she roasts veggies, purees them and adds some to her daily soup. I did that with a mix of cauliflower, leeks and garlic cloves - 1 large baking sheet makes approx 4 days of veggies. I put the cooked equivalent of 2 c of raw veggies into my "chicken and vegetable cream" soup (Weight Loss Systems - Nashua Nutrition - 80 cal, 0 g fat, 6 carbs, 12 g protein). This is so good! When I get to maintenance, I'll still use soups like this as well as my morning cinnamon splenda crepe (unrestricted, use Proti-Diet plain pancake mix). And cukes with EVOO and spices as a snack - so satisfying.

These recipes are gems that can really help us with maintenance.
I TOTALLY agree about these great recipes staying with us into maintenance. I have found out new veggies and ways to prepare them that I absolutely love - even my husband, who is not on IP, nor needs to be - has not had a bad thing to say about the new side dish selection. We have some great creative cooks on our forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post
I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning (I try to not weigh at all with the exception of when I go to my clinic for WI every Monday). After five days on Phase 3 it looks like I'm up three pounds. At first I was discouraged, but then I decided that it really shouldn't matter - it could be muscle gain (I've been lifting weights this week) or it could be water gain. I've stayed 100% OP so I shouldn't have anything to worry about.
I said it earlier in this post- but especially with weightlifting your muscles will retain some water while they tear and repair. Plus you are in PHASE 3! Enjoy your breakfast you lucky girl! *jealous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovo View Post
I was tired and miscalculated the amount of protein for my dinner last night and ended up eating 2oz of lean beef more than what's allowed for the meal.

Should I adjust and just eat 2oz less for dinner tonight? Does it matter so long as I don't continue to do it?
Don't worry about that, and do not try to overcompensate! Just stay back on OP. Also what SewingMomma said below....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Don't adjust anything. You should be fine. Every now and then I eat a little extra protein, and it doesn't adversely affect me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebaughman View Post
We are finally having rain and it is 75 here. It will probably get really hot after this is over, but the radar looks like it could go on most of the day. I have been struggling lately to stay OP. Still have a long way to go and giving up is not an option.
Try to figure out why you are struggling and come up with some strategies. Brainstorm them on here with us - that's what the chat is for! Who else better to talk about this stuff with than each other! Believe me, there is someone on here who has been there, done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
I'm like you cardamom. I'm in my third week and stepped on the scale twice. Today I was a pound more than Thursday and now I'm fighting the depression from it. Why can't I just lose the dang three pounds a week consistently????? I am also fighting the urgentomdrink heavily tonight hang in there, I'm sure your first WI will be good!
The third week can be 'dangerous' - you are probably just coming down off your 1st 2 weeks of great losses - but honestly - the weight will fall, and it will literally happen overnight. We call it the "Whoosh" and we all want The Whoosh Fairy to visit us the night before WIs! I've had crazy spells where I was the same for days, then gained and kept it for days, then had multiple whoosh days soon after. There is simply no way you can't NOT lose weight on this program, everyone loses at a different rate - but everyone will lose. Don't doubt or self sabotage, because this program works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I just looked at your info- wow, only 17 to go to goal! Amazing, great job!
I assume you use sewing momma because you sew. I do to! Right now I am taking in clothes while I shrink, then I'll get some new ones- or new to me.
I could have saved a lot of money if I knew how to sew! I don't even know how many clothes I have dumped so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Forgot my shaker today and I'm at work so I had a mango drink for breakfast. for lunch i had lamb with a cucumber salad. for dinner i had a mango drink and once i get home I'm making veggies!! :-)
I've done that before - just buy a bottled water from the vending machines and use that as your 'shaker'.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #58  

Thanks Liz. I have extra packets too, I think, and some EAS Carb Advantage. If tomorrow is bad, I will add something.

Miami, do you think it's a craving for something physical? I totally get wanting to crunch your teeth on something tasty, but a walk might help take the edge off.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 209/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Thanks Liz. I have extra packets too, I think, and some EAS Carb Advantage. If tomorrow is bad, I will add something.

Miami, do you think it's a craving for something physical? I totally get wanting to crunch your teeth on something tasty, but a walk might help take the edge off.
Locopollo, I'm headed off to the gym now for a 10 minute elliptical. We'll see, but I def like feeling "whole, filled, full" from food when I feel sad. Like I feel something was taken from me and eating self soothes in the sense of replacement. I don't feel so empty. Hopefully there comes a day where I crave running.... Or boxing just kidding
MiamiCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #60  
Started IP June 28th

S/C/G: 247.4/189/167.4

Height: 5'9"

Sooooo excited I just went to Sprouts Farmers market in Austin for the first time and all the WF products were 2/$5. Stocked up!!
Sassyc1979 is offline   Reply With Quote