3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   I'm New! Help! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261945-im-new-help.html)

CarCamMom 06-29-2012 07:57 PM

I'm New! Help!

Hello Everyone! I am brand new to IP (heard of it on Saturday, went to a seminar on Monday, 1st appt on Tuesday, started on Wednesday and now I'm on Day 3! Whew!). I have tried every diet in the past, but this just seems different and I am optimistic (with a little pessimism in there, too) that this will help me. I have been reading all day today about your success and am so thankful that I found this site. Congratulations to all of you! You are truly inspirational and I do feel like I can do this....if you can do it, I can too...right!?!?!?

I do have a couple of questions that I am hoping I didn't goof up and blow my first 3 days: 1. For the veggies (2 cups) and the meat (5-8 ozs) is it pre or post cooking? and 2. For the unlimited lettuce...can I have WF dressing on it? Or do I just eat the iceberg lettuce alone....like a rabbit?

evepet 06-29-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarCamMom (Post 4388648)
Hello Everyone! I am brand new to IP (heard of it on Saturday, went to a seminar on Monday, 1st appt on Tuesday, started on Wednesday and now I'm on Day 3! Whew!). I have tried every diet in the past, but this just seems different and I am optimistic (with a little pessimism in there, too) that this will help me. I have been reading all day today about your success and am so thankful that I found this site. Congratulations to all of you! You are truly inspirational and I do feel like I can do this....if you can do it, I can too...right!?!?!?

I do have a couple of questions that I am hoping I didn't goof up and blow my first 3 days: 1. For the veggies (2 cups) and the meat (5-8 ozs) is it pre or post cooking? and 2. For the unlimited lettuce...can I have WF dressing on it? Or do I just eat the iceberg lettuce alone....like a rabbit?

You always measure raw - both veggies and meat/chicken/fish etc.

Welcome aboard. And no you don't have to make like a rabbit...LOL.... you can use a little WF dressing on it. Some coaches tell us to limit the total number of 'extras' like the WF products, MIO, Davinci syrups, etc., etc., to 5 or so servings/day... so keep that in mind. Are you aware that romaine lettuce has more nutritional value than iceberg?? And I notice that you included the range of 5-8 oz when you referred to meat above...there was discussion just today on the forum about the importance of eating the full 8oz of the meat. Might as well get used to it! :D:D

wuv2bloved 06-29-2012 08:23 PM

Welcome to the IP family, what?? you don't wanna be like a rabbit???....then you can hop on that scale and see the weight go down...lol....Evepet is correct, measure everything raw and it is 8oz of protein for your dinner meal.

WingnutandMe 06-29-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarCamMom (Post 4388648)

:welcome:
So glad you've joined us. Stick with reading this forum, you'll learn so much and like you've just done, please ask questions every time.

Don't be pessimistic about this program. It works. I'm like you, I've been on every diet too. I have been on this program now for just over 5 months and have lost 62 pounds. I am in my 60s and lose slower than most (age takes it toll on you in many ways), but I'm satisfied with it so far. Also, the important part is it's changing me and the way I view food. That never happened on any other diet (the reason I gained even more back each time).
You'll be please as time goes now. Stick with us and your pessimism will go away.

Molly

P.S. evepet answered your food questions very well.

JellyMae87 06-29-2012 08:48 PM

Welcome to the boards... You will definitely enjoy you 1st weeks WI... Keep optimistic... If youre feeling weak. Hop back on here. It really does help!!

CarCamMom 06-29-2012 09:28 PM

Thanks, Everyone! Such good info....I will probably be on here all night tonight! :D

CarCamMom 06-29-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4388682)
:welcome:
So glad you've joined us. Stick with reading this forum, you'll learn so much and like you've just done, please ask questions every time.

Don't be pessimistic about this program. It works. I'm like you, I've been on every diet too. I have been on this program now for just over 5 months and have lost 62 pounds. I am in my 60s and lose slower than most (age takes it toll on you in many ways), but I'm satisfied with it so far. Also, the important part is it's changing me and the way I view food. That never happened on any other diet (the reason I gained even more back each time).
You'll be please as time goes now. Stick with us and your pessimism will go away.

Molly

P.S. evepet answered your food questions very well.

Hi Molly! My mom is also going to do this with me and she just turned 62 on the 16th. She will be so happy to hear about you! I will have to send her to this website. Thanks again!

Sassyc1979 06-29-2012 11:35 PM

Hi carcammom!

I'm new too. Day two for me. Tried eating out tonight. Epic fail! We went to a Japanese steak house and I asked for no sauce but it got covered. :( oh well hubby has dinner for tomorrow. I'm super excited to try some of the recipes I have seen on here. It seems like there are a lot of newbies so we can all learn and lose together :)

evepet 06-30-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarCamMom (Post 4388735)
Hi Molly! My mom is also going to do this with me and she just turned 62 on the 16th. She will be so happy to hear about you! I will have to send her to this website. Thanks again!

Just to let you & your mom know that I'm also older & post-menopausal, etc. - I'm 61. Like Molly said, most of us 'older' ladies find it harder to lose the weight, but it's still coming off. That's the important thing. I'm almost at my half-way to goal point! I'm sure I wouldn't have achieved what I have so far without the program - and this forum! The support here and info shared is a tremendous help.

CarCamMom 06-30-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 (Post 4388843)
Hi carcammom!

I'm new too. Day two for me. Tried eating out tonight. Epic fail! We went to a Japanese steak house and I asked for no sauce but it got covered. :( oh well hubby has dinner for tomorrow. I'm super excited to try some of the recipes I have seen on here. It seems like there are a lot of newbies so we can all learn and lose together :)

Yes! Let's hold each other's hand the entire way through this! You know, I'm impressed that you didn't touch the steak...that's a very good sign. We can do this, right?!?!?

Sassyc1979 06-30-2012 11:45 AM

Heck yeah we can do it!!! Hubby felt bad about last night so going to try Texas Roadhouse tonight. I know what to eat there.
When is your first WI? Mine is on Thursday and I'm already excited.

softkitty 06-30-2012 05:16 PM

8oz of protein, that's not what I was told. My coach told me 5oz beef, chicken, pork, or 7oz fish. I'll have to discuss that with her next Saturday.

Longhorn Energy 06-30-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by softkitty (Post 4389396)
8oz of protein, that's not what I was told. My coach told me 5oz beef, chicken, pork, or 7oz fish. I'll have to discuss that with her next Saturday.

That was the old info. It's been updated to 8oz now. The new sheets are posted here on the site. Print one and take it to your coach. Obviously they are out of the loop.

CarCamMom 06-30-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 (Post 4389162)
Heck yeah we can do it!!! Hubby felt bad about last night so going to try Texas Roadhouse tonight. I know what to eat there.

Mine is on Tuesday...It will be short a day because I actually started on Wednesday, but this Wednesday is the 4th and they are closed. I think I really could have used that extra day!

CarCamMom 06-30-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 (Post 4389162)

BTW...what did you have at Texas Roadhouse? I love that place! The butter and bread...MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm!