Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #46  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I have my official WI on Tuesday. Going to push myself this week. It's getting harder and harder the closer I get to goal. I've been telling myself "okay, next week I'll go to phase 2 since I'm OVER this" and then I get to next week and push to the NEXT week. So thats where I am- pushing myself along.
Stick with it NOVA! We can reach goal together! Phase 1 to 100%!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
Oh boy.....wonder if Stowe's parade is tomorrow too?
I'm putting in at the State Park ramp in Waterbury center so I shouldn't have to go down into town
Oh man - you and usmcvet make me "homesick" for my New England days. I lived in Boston for 5 years and rented a house up in Killington for 6 months out of the year with a group of friends. We also used to house swap and check out B&Bs at a ton of Vermont towns (Stowe, Waterbury, Mount Snow, Okemo). I LOVE Vermont, I still head up there about once a year and stay with friends to hit up the old mountain - if I get back in running shape I want to do the VT Covered Bridges Half Marathon someday (that one sells out FAST).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Yesterday's 'stressful' lunch turned out ok, and I'm happy to report no negative recourse on the scale, so I don't even have to do a P1 day today.
Thanks to Kaypix advice, I think I can successfully load that picture.
As I said, I was not aware it was being taken, and I was wearing jeans that were floating on me, but I was still surprised when I saw it and realized it was me.
Dakin - so nice to meet you - your pictures are AMAZING! Seriously, it is so inspirational to see the transformation with "real" people, it really hits home how this program truly works. I need to get an updated vavavavoom pic up this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Up, but way too early as we only got to the hotel 4 1/2 hours ago. We are hauling a golf cart on a trailer and a 12 foot John boat in the bed, so only travel at 60 or 65 mph on I-75. Got started later and we're staying further into Kentucky.
Can't wait to be able to veg out just staring at the peaceful lake. I know the lack of stress from being away from work will make the pounds shed.
Enjoy the drive! Kentucky is another beautiful green state - my husbands parents are from there so we've spent a lot of time in Bourbon country/Ohio River valley visiting family. That picture looks so peaceful, your vacation begins!

Quote:
I'm curious. What is the aversion to scales at home?
Is there something wrong with wanting to check your progress throughout the week?
I get on my scale daily and it's generally a source of encouragement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Thorfinn, Like you, I weigh myself daily. The scale also automatically calculates body fat%, skeletal muscle %, BMR, etc. and I keep a little spreadsheet in my bathroom. Am I nuts? Probably. However, the little blips of being up now and then don't bother me. I'm fascinated by the little changes in fat which are at times up from the previous day (which are probably just showing up as fat but really water), or increases in muscle (I work out 5X/week). This whole thing takes less than 1 minute, literally.

However, some folks (and perhaps most) get upset when the scale goes up for 1 day, 2 days, etc. despite being totally OP. That's the reason its recommended folks don't weigh themselves daily - most can't take the little variations when its not in their favor. I am not bothered by it at all, like you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
Me too! And when it doesn't move, or moves up, it gives me instant feedback and makes me stop and go through my mental checklist.
I also do the home WI to help track myself, but don't really take it too seriously - more just to keep myself honest and like reneepw said, it gives me the feedback to stay accountable (I also religiously log my food and activity), and like Chloe222 I also find it fascinating. I don't keep a strict daily weight record, I go by my coach's scale for the 'official' weight which is ~3-4lb higher than my home WI, which is FINE by me - the trend ALWAYS matches. I know there are several factors that can affect daily fluctuations and that staying on program is the guarantee to losing. I've seen the scale stick at a weight, go up for a few days, and fluctuate a lot, but it ALWAYS goes down. For some folks the scale makes or breaks their day, which is a shame since I think IP is finally giving us control over that number, it may not be as immediate as we'd like sometimes - but the power is all in our hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
I have to rush to start work, but I just had to share! My "official" WI isn't until Tuesday, but the woosh fairy snuck into my house when I wasn't looking. As of this morning, I am 297! Another Century! This is the first time I have been below 300 in 15 years!!!

I don't post often, but I read these boards daily. You guys are so inspirational and encouraging. I couldn't have gotten into "twoterville" without these boards.
CONGRATULATIONS! THAT IS A WONDERFUL ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! You are just....Fing awesome...I am so happy for you! Breaking through these decades is so powerful, you are well on your way to your next goal!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Exactly. Whether it moves up, down or stays the same I get a good indication of how I'm doing and if I need to alter anything.

I do not get emotional about my weight aside from being happy when it goes down. I can see why some people would not want to look at the scale now though.
I weigh daily too but only once. For me it is research and alerts me if something is going off track. In my case it is usually that I have gotten too busy and didn't get the oil in (those individual WF dressing pgks are jut too handy).

I have noticed some people are really hyper especially in the beginning and get on and off the scale several times a day and are really upset when they are not down pounds every time they get on.

I also noticed that these people don't last very long on the program and disappear from the board very quickly.

Pat
Old 06-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Morning Everyone!!!! TGIF!!!

Day 4 for me. Yesterday I was really sleepy then after I had dinner, I felt a burst of energy, didnt last very long but it was there, haha
Today I feel good so far.

I snuck on the scale again (need to get rid of that thing) and it is going down. Cant wait for Tuesday to see exactly how much.

Hope everyone had a great day today!! I am going search for some ideas to get my veggies in b/c its getting hard for me. I only eat a select few.
Stick with this Aimee3, you can so do this. I HATED vegetables when I started IP. Yup, that created lots of difficulties. I needed to put frozen spinach into my Wildberry yogurt shake....sounds gross---it's delish, I still do that when I am in a hurry and don't have time to cook, or shop for veges. Try the Fine Cheese Omelet and saute veges to put in that....SUPER Yummy and helps a ton with hunger and energy!!!!! Roast asparagus...or any vege really, sprinkiled with salt and lemon pepper...seriously.......tastes like something sinful...cook it until some of them start getting crispy. I have actually become such a vege lover that I have to measure my veges again, as I would love to have 3 cups at each meal!!!!! Also, buy shredded lettuce...so much easier..and in my opinion, tastier. Good luck!!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #49  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

WI yesterday; Weight stayed the same ~ But did lose 2.75 inches....Oh well, better luck next week...

Have a great OP IP day & weekend everyone!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #50  
Started IP 1/18/2012

S/C/G: 224/149/150

Height: 5'0"

Good morning! I'm off work today and slept until 9am! Quite the accomplishment for a mom of 4 kids! So glad my little guy was sleepy too.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you all that I LOVE this board! I just made crispy cereal pancakes with WF syrup for the first time and all I can say is YUM! Even my 3 year old took a bite and liked it!!!

Since I've been posting here this week, I have been able to recommit to my 100%... no bites, no tastes, no cheats. I really hope this gets the scale moving and I can move on to P2 soon. I'm so close I can taste it!

And about the weighing at home, I do! Most days I weigh just to get an idea. I didn't weigh myself for years and that is what kept me in my state of denial that I needed this program. So I think a quick check each morning, and I have learned to not freak out about the number, whether it's up, down, or indifferent. I just take it with a grain of salt, and use it to keep me OP.

Have a great 100% IP Day!

Trish
(who didn't weigh this morning cause I ate my pancakes before my shower!)
Old 06-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

I'm with NOVA -- on my last day of vacation -- I have cheated a little, but I have to say that I've done 1000% better this week being on IP than I would have if I wasn't on it. Last night we went to our favorite restaurant on the lake, where we can just sit and relax, watching the boats on the lake. I had a 1/2 pound burger, no bun, with mustard and onions and pickles. That was OP, but my 4 Miller 64's weren't! But, had I not been on this diet, I probably would've had an order of mozzerella sticks, the burger with cheese and a bun and fries, and regular beer. This morning I was down 0.6 from yesterday AND up until this week I had only lost 3". Well, I did my measurements this morning and I lost 7" this week. Funny how the first 3 weeks I lost 14 pounds, but only 3" and this week, I'm down 2 pounds and 7". CRAZY!! I'll take it, though!

Somebody mentioned about time flying.....I think being on this board makes the time go even faster. When I see that people are having their WI's, I think, "holy crap, it's been a week already!!!"

Only 4 more pounds to Onederland for me, I can't wait!!!!

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and congrats to everyone for their great accomplishments!!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #52  
Started IP: June 2012

S/C/G: 172/158/143

Height: 5'5"

Good morning IPers! Happy friday.

Was just thinking this morning...2 more lbs and my weight will start with a 15, that will be a great day.

Looking forward to a fun, but hot, weekend.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I think the problem with daily weighing comes when you're not losing on a daily basis. That gives a lot of us a reason to say a diet isn't working, which is an excuse to quit.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #54  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all!
Welcome to all the many new folks who have joined us on our merry journey!

For the new losers, you will be amazed at how the time flies. I know it doesn't seem that way perhaps, especially the first 2 months, but hang in there and soon you'll be looking back and wondering where the time went. You might also be amazed at how much you've lost by then, and how great you feel.

I had my 21st WI this morning, down 1.4 pounds. Within 2 weeks I should be in the 140's! Maybe next week but I don't want to put that pressure on myself.

Everyone, Have a great day, stay OP!

You're doing great Chole!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning my IP family!
VET: You knocked it out of the part!!! We were all hoping for 100 ... on no! You blazed it with 107!!! Woo Hoo!

Yesterday's 'stressful' lunch turned out ok, and I'm happy to report no negative recourse on the scale, so I don't even have to do a P1 day today.
Thanks to Kaypix advice, I think I can successfully load that picture.
As I said, I was not aware it was being taken, and I was wearing jeans that were floating on me, but I was still surprised when I saw it and realized it was me.

You look Fabulous!!!! Love before and after pics, so motivating.

Quote:
I'm curious. What is the aversion to scales at home?

Is there something wrong with wanting to check your progress throughout the week?

I get on my scale daily and it's generally a source of encouragement.
I have always weighed daily, and it has never bothered me to see the fluctuations, but I know others can get obsessed by the scale, so in that case best to stay off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
I have to rush to start work, but I just had to share! My "official" WI isn't until Tuesday, but the woosh fairy snuck into my house when I wasn't looking. As of this morning, I am 297! Another Century! This is the first time I have been below 300 in 15 years!!!

I don't post often, but I read these boards daily. You guys are so inspirational and encouraging. I couldn't have gotten into "twoterville" without these boards.

Big HUGS to everyone here! Now, gotta get started on the next goal - I haven't decided yet what that will be, but will share when I decide. That way, you guys can hold me accountable.
Congratulations on being under 300. Fantastic!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday...
Old 06-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #55  

Height: 5'4.5"

Good morning IPeers. Just found a handy app for my phone. It's called "SitOrSquat" and is from Charmin. Basically it is a restroom finder with ratings on cleanliness etc (would you sit or squat). Thought this might come in handy for summer travel.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 211/156/150

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Friday!

My DH started yesterday on plan with me and he's not too happy about it. I hope his commitment holds strong. His down fall is wanting to finish anything our little ones don't eat (like a half of piece of toast this morning). He hates to waste.

But, I'm excited to have the company and I know he'll drop super fast. He only has about 30 lbs to loose. Me, more like 40 or 50.

I've really enjoyed the ideas on this board and don't think I could have made it my measly three weeks without the inspiration. I too hated veggies, but I'm finding ways to love them!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #57  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J bug View Post
Happy Friday!

My DH started yesterday on plan with me and he's not too happy about it. I hope his commitment holds strong. His down fall is wanting to finish anything our little ones don't eat (like a half of piece of toast this morning). He hates to waste.

I do that too......almost automatically. My 2nd day OP I stuck a corner of a belgian waffle in my mouth.....chewed it twice....realized what I had done and spit it out
Old 06-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #58  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

Oh man - you and usmcvet make me "homesick" for my New England days. I lived in Boston for 5 years and rented a house up in Killington for 6 months out of the year with a group of friends. We also used to house swap and check out B&Bs at a ton of Vermont towns (Stowe, Waterbury, Mount Snow, Okemo). I LOVE Vermont, I still head up there about once a year and stay with friends to hit up the old mountain - if I get back in running shape I want to do the VT Covered Bridges Half Marathon someday (that one sells out FAST).
I lived south of Boston for a few years before moving back home to VT. At this point I'm here for good. No place I'd rather be
Old 06-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #59  
Started IP 1/18/2012

S/C/G: 224/149/150

Height: 5'0"

I am so excited! I just weighed *after eating my breakfast* and I was down to 159.8!!! GOODBYE 160's forever!!!! WOO HOO!!!! And I just put on a pair of size 12 shorts and the waist is a little loose! YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #60  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Just had to show you the "Beverly Hillbillies" on our trip. Of course, you can guess where I took this. At a rest stop. Hmmm. Wonder why we had to stop.

Almost Subway salad time and at least 6 more hours on the road.

Molly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beverly hillbillies.jpg (41.0 KB, 24 views)
Closed Thread