Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Dakin,
You look amazing!! Like all the others said, you really look like a different person. FABULOUS!!

Molly,
I'm glad you are getting away to the cottage and will have quality time to chill out, in a space you dearly love. That's the best! Enjoy it!

Drive safely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
I'm curious. What is the aversion to scales at home?

Is there something wrong with wanting to check your progress throughout the week?

I get on my scale daily and it's generally a source of encouragement.
Thorfinn,
Like you, I weigh myself daily. The scale also automatically calculates body fat%, skeletal muscle %, BMR, etc. and I keep a little spreadsheet in my bathroom. Am I nuts? Probably. However, the little blips of being up now and then don't bother me. I'm fascinated by the little changes in fat which are at times up from the previous day (which are probably just showing up as fat but really water), or increases in muscle (I work out 5X/week). This whole thing takes less than 1 minute, literally.

However, some folks (and perhaps most) get upset when the scale goes up for 1 day, 2 days, etc. despite being totally OP. That's the reason its recommended folks don't weigh themselves daily - most can't take the little variations when its not in their favor. I am not bothered by it at all, like you.

Enjoy that boat!!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #17  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

I have to rush to start work, but I just had to share! My "official" WI isn't until Tuesday, but the woosh fairy snuck into my house when I wasn't looking. As of this morning, I am 297! Another Century! This is the first time I have been below 300 in 15 years!!!

I don't post often, but I read these boards daily. You guys are so inspirational and encouraging. I couldn't have gotten into "twoterville" without these boards.

Big HUGS to everyone here! Now, gotta get started on the next goal - I haven't decided yet what that will be, but will share when I decide. That way, you guys can hold me accountable.

Last edited by mylastdiet; 06-29-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning IPers.

Dakin, wow, what a change. Thought it was two different people. Well, I guess I was. It's a new you. Way to go.

Up, but way too early as we only got to the hotel 4 1/2 hours ago. We are hauling a golf cart on a trailer and a 12 foot John boat in the bed, so only travel at 60 or 65 mph on I-75. Got started later and we're staying further into Kentucky.

Have either a cookie or bar for breakfast on the road and then Subway for lunch. Will have dinner out somewhere when we arrive since we have not done shopping and the refrigerator has been unplugged.

Can't wait to be able to veg out just staring at the peaceful lake. I know the lack of stress from being away from work will make the pounds shed.

Have a great OP day.
Molly
That looks And sounds like heaven Molly!! We love going to our lake as well, so relaxing even when the kids are busy swimming and playing it is relaxing!! Just a different pace. And cheating is not an option, so I don't find it hard to stay OP. you are doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Morning Everyone!!!! TGIF!!!

Day 4 for me. Yesterday I was really sleepy then after I had dinner, I felt a burst of energy, didnt last very long but it was there, haha
Today I feel good so far.

I snuck on the scale again (need to get rid of that thing) and it is going down. Cant wait for Tuesday to see exactly how much.

Hope everyone had a great day today!! I am going search for some ideas to get my veggies in b/c its getting hard for me. I only eat a select few.
You are doing great! Almost done your first week!!! Have you tried rhubarb? I stew it, add Splenda to it, then have it with an oatmeal package baked as a crisp or a vanilla pudding. So good and easy to get veggies in that way!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Good Friday morning everyone, just have to get throught today at work then I am on holidays for 2 weeks, so you might not hear from me for awhile. Going to visit family and friends in Ottawa for the long weekend (it is Canada Day here) and they have not seen me since last year and have no idea that I have lost 35 lbs. so far, so that should be fun. Looking forward to 2 weeks of no stress of work, just travelling around. I wish everyone great success on their WI's.

Caren

Last edited by rvingprincess; 06-29-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #20  

Default new to IP

I am starting my 4th day on IP. I have had horrible headaches and nausea. It seems to be subsiding a little today although the headache is not totally gone. I have to say that the 5.5 lb. weight loss has made it easier to bear. My coach tells me that this will get better. Did it for ya?
Old 06-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness2 View Post
I am starting my 4th day on IP. I have had horrible headaches and nausea. It seems to be subsiding a little today although the headache is not totally gone. I have to say that the 5.5 lb. weight loss has made it easier to bear. My coach tells me that this will get better. Did it for ya?
Yes it gets way better, the first week is the hardest as your body is going through withdrawals of sorts. I feel better than I have in about 25 years, so keep the faith and as they say "this to shall pass". Good luck on your journey.

Caren
Old 06-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Happy Friday!!

I'm finally back and I think things are going to be relaxed for a few weeks. WHEW!

I survived my trip back home. I am SO happy I was on IP because while I did cheat, I did SO MUCH BETTER than I would have done off the program. I easily would have gained 6lbs off the program, but instead I lost .6!

I have my official WI on Tuesday. Going to push myself this week. It's getting harder and harder the closer I get to goal. I've been telling myself "okay, next week I'll go to phase 2 since I'm OVER this" and then I get to next week and push to the NEXT week. So thats where I am- pushing myself along.

I WANT to be at goal. I don't want to quit... I just need to keep telling myself that!!

Hope everyone has an awesome day!!
You are doing great! Vacations can be your undoing, but you handled it really well. I can totally relate about the 'wanting to be done, but not really' feeling. I flip-flopped on when to transition to P2 and P3 for about a month before I finally did it. I'm P4 now, but still largely eating P2 / P3 ish... really the only major change is a glass of red wine every few days.I don't feel deprived at all, and I'm still losing about 1 lb per week. Your progress is fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning IPers.

Dakin, wow, what a change. Thought it was two different people. Well, I guess I was. It's a new you. Way to go.

Up, but way too early as we only got to the hotel 4 1/2 hours ago. We are hauling a golf cart on a trailer and a 12 foot John boat in the bed, so only travel at 60 or 65 mph on I-75. Got started later and we're staying further into Kentucky.

Have either a cookie or bar for breakfast on the road and then Subway for lunch. Will have dinner out somewhere when we arrive since we have not done shopping and the refrigerator has been unplugged.

Can't wait to be able to veg out just staring at the peaceful lake. I know the lack of stress from being away from work will make the pounds shed.

Have a great OP day.
Molly
Thanks Molly. I love putting a face to the name, so decided to take the plunge... even tho it's outside of my comfort zone. You and hubs live such an exciting life! You are always traveling! I think that's really awesome. BTW... my DH also bought a golf cart. Yeah, and he doesn't even play golf.... just thought it'd be fun to tool around the yard, use at volunteer events, and tow the leaf trailer when doing yard work. He's a little eccentric. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Morning Everyone!!!! TGIF!!!

Day 4 for me. Yesterday I was really sleepy then after I had dinner, I felt a burst of energy, didnt last very long but it was there, haha
Today I feel good so far.

I snuck on the scale again (need to get rid of that thing) and it is going down. Cant wait for Tuesday to see exactly how much.

Hope everyone had a great day today!! I am going search for some ideas to get my veggies in b/c its getting hard for me. I only eat a select few.
Quote:
Amieed and Sweetness, Congrats on your first week. Don't worry, you will begin to feel better soon. Day 3 - 4 were the WORST for me! I agree, seeing the scale move really is motivation to push through those less-than-perfect moments. Hang in there - the best is yet to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Happy Friday IPeeps!
Wishing you the best day of the week and wonderful WI's today!! I am sitting right at 170 so hoping to go into a new decade of the 60's soon! I remember that era well it's when I was a teenager! Can't wait to get back there!
I just want to tell you all how special you are and what a great job you're all doing. This is not an easy path but it is simple and if we follow the plan it works! You all inspire me daily. THANK YOU!
Darralyn, sending the Whoosh Fairy to help push you into a new decade! Have a great day!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Chloe, thank you for the compliment. You especially have helped me get here, when I was having difficulties a few months ago, you were quick to step up and PM me to get me through it. It really does take a village, doesn't it? Have a great day!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Happy Canada Day! Wait, isn't that July 1? Oh, I'm confused!

mylastdiet, congratulations on getting past that milestone!

It's my first day. I had chocolate drink mix for breakfast, plus my vitamins and supplements, a half pickle and some lettuce with WF. My lettuce has grown too long and it a bit bitter. Ho hum. I also went to the store and stocked up on veggies, since I am not working out intensely like normal. It's nice to have a break from that.

OK, have a great FRIDAY!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Is there something wrong with wanting to check your progress throughout the week?

I do it as well and it's fantastic - when things are moving in the right direction.

When they're not, like they currently aren't for me, then it just gives you that extra bit of stress and stress isn't great for weight loss. We also can can and lose little bits here and there due to water retention, etc, so it's not always the best predictor of what your real weigh in will look like.

I can't help it, though. Especially now that I'm stalled/gaining again. I NEED to look every morning to see what's happening, despite the fact that my coach has basically begged me not too. It sucks though - on days where I see a loss (even a .6lb one like yesterday) it totally makes my day. Then today, when I'm UP by .7lbs, which puts me higher than I was two days ago, I just want to cry and it impacts my entire day.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Happy Friday IPeeps!
Wishing you the best day of the week and wonderful WI's today!! I am sitting right at 170 so hoping to go into a new decade of the 60's soon! I remember that era well it's when I was a teenager! Can't wait to get back there!
I just want to tell you all how special you are and what a great job you're all doing. This is not an easy path but it is simple and if we follow the plan it works! You all inspire me daily. THANK YOU!
Good luck moving that digit! You will get there. You always have such a positive spin on things! I love reading your updates.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #27  

Quote:
Hang in there sweetness. My first week was awful. especially the headaches. I was popping excedrin a lot. Hang in there; i promise it gets better! And not only does that nasty feeling go away - but you'll zoom right to feeling great..
Old 06-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning my IP family!
VET: You knocked it out of the part!!! We were all hoping for 100 ... on no! You blazed it with 107!!! Woo Hoo!

Yesterday's 'stressful' lunch turned out ok, and I'm happy to report no negative recourse on the scale, so I don't even have to do a P1 day today.
Thanks to Kaypix advice, I think I can successfully load that picture.
As I said, I was not aware it was being taken, and I was wearing jeans that were floating on me, but I was still surprised when I saw it and realized it was me.

AMAZING GIRL!!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK SO CUTE AND ANGULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #29  

Quote:

Me too! And when it doesn't move, or moves up, it gives me instant feedback and makes me stop and go through my mental checklist.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all!
Welcome to all the many new folks who have joined us on our merry journey!

For the new losers, you will be amazed at how the time flies. I know it doesn't seem that way perhaps, especially the first 2 months, but hang in there and soon you'll be looking back and wondering where the time went. You might also be amazed at how much you've lost by then, and how great you feel.

I had my 21st WI this morning, down 1.4 pounds. Within 2 weeks I should be in the 140's! Maybe next week but I don't want to put that pressure on myself.

Everyone, Have a great day, stay OP!

Thanks for the encouragement...One day I too will hit the 140's. It makes me happy to think of it!
I've already shown property and will be working on contracts for 2 homes all weekend. Busy Busy as a Realtor. WI tomorrow, hoping for a loss. Come on baby!!
Happiness to all, the weekend is almost here.
Closed Thread