Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 225/214/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey everyone, I'm struggling a bit here. I'm at my brother in-law's house and they made grilled pineapple for dinner...so I'm starving and smelling rum marinated pineapple grilled with cinnamon on top...I kind of want to cry I have my shake upstairs but there will be burgers at some point so I'm holding out, but still want to cry.
It's OK to cry. I will cry with you.
Seriously though, you're doing great!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Happy Friday!!

I'm finally back and I think things are going to be relaxed for a few weeks. WHEW!

I survived my trip back home. I am SO happy I was on IP because while I did cheat, I did SO MUCH BETTER than I would have done off the program. I easily would have gained 6lbs off the program, but instead I lost .6!
Nova,
Great going!! You're showing the newbies it can be done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
I have to rush to start work, but I just had to share! My "official" WI isn't until Tuesday, but the woosh fairy snuck into my house when I wasn't looking. As of this morning, I am 297! Another Century! This is the first time I have been below 300 in 15 years!!!
Mylastdiet,
You have a great name! And no doubt this will be your last diet. You've got this!! Congrats on getting into the twos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Chloe, thank you for the compliment. You especially have helped me get here, when I was having difficulties a few months ago, you were quick to step up and PM me to get me through it. It really does take a village, doesn't it? Have a great day!
Dakin,
I'm proud of you and look forward to joining you in maintenance soon! Thank you for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Thanks for the encouragement...One day I too will hit the 140's. It makes me happy to think of it!
Yes, you too will hit the 140's and that will be great. Keep thinking about it and visualizing yourself at your goal weight. Feels great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Chloe, I too feel like the time has flow. Thanks to people like you And the other that post here. My week 18 WI is in a few hours and I am hoping to be into the 140's. We shall see....I am super excited. I feel like I had a great week
Mooselover, We are the same height, close in starting weight, close in age, started within a month of each other. I'm happy you have done so well and look so beautiful, and most of all, feel so good. Glad to be on this journey with you, with all of you here on 3FC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
You're doing great Chole!!!

Dana,
What a gorgeous photo! You look like a model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishak View Post
I am so excited! I just weighed *after eating my breakfast* and I was down to 159.8!!! GOODBYE 160's forever!!!! WOO HOO!!!! And I just put on a pair of size 12 shorts and the waist is a little loose! YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Trisha,
Congrats on the new decade!! And the loose size 12's.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #123  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Thanks guys, I stayed strong and only had a hamburger pattie and half a brat. I have spinach to snack on if I get hungry during our game night. Their water ended up being turned off while the "manly men" fixed a broken faucet but was saved by bottled water and DH yelling at me as I picked up a hot dig bun, reminding me where I want to be for our cruise.

Well I'm off for the night, thanks for the support guys I'll try to check in after Valley Fair.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #124  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

Oh man - you and usmcvet make me "homesick" for my New England days. I lived in Boston for 5 years and rented a house up in Killington for 6 months out of the year with a group of friends. We also used to house swap and check out B&Bs at a ton of Vermont towns (Stowe, Waterbury, Mount Snow, Okemo). I LOVE Vermont, I still head up there about once a year and stay with friends to hit up the old mountain - if I get back in running shape I want to do the VT Covered Bridges Half Marathon someday (that one sells out FAST).

Holy Smokes. Liz I just saw a post of yours in another thread and ran here to say you are a Knock Out! I love your new avatar. Hopefully you went out on a date and had a good night!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #125  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Thanks guys, I stayed strong and only had a hamburger pattie and half a brat. I have spinach to snack on if I get hungry during our game night. Their water ended up being turned off while the "manly men" fixed a broken faucet but was saved by bottled water and DH yelling at me as I picked up a hot dig bun, reminding me where I want to be for our cruise.

Well I'm off for the night, thanks for the support guys I'll try to check in after Valley Fair.
Yeah Kaypix!

Tell DH I said no yelling!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Hello Ipeeps,

I am in Burlington VT. for the Quilt Festival and I must say "I LOVE VT", so very beautiful. Doing alot of walking at the quilt show and downtown. Have a great weekend
Old 06-29-2012, 11:26 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Hi! Checking in from vacation in Colorado! Fires burning everywhere but I swear I did not do it!
Staying 100% OP and hopefully will show a weight loss when I get back home for my weigh in.
See you next week...
Old 06-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello Ipeeps,

I am in Burlington VT. for the Quilt Festival and I must say "I LOVE VT", so very beautiful. Doing alot of walking at the quilt show and downtown. Have a great weekend
Oh dear, I was offered a job in Burlington VT 10 years ago and came out the the chilly north instead. I always want to get down there and check it out though.

I know you dearly love quilting Bella. Have a great time.

Pat
Old 06-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I had a few NSV's today. I walked the kids to the creeme stand about a half mile away. Where they each got a soft serve ice cream. I got my power aid zero. The walk was fun and easy with that little 107# person off my back. When we drove home my son looked at the creeme stand and said it is a perfect night for a creeme. I told him after dinner I had to mow the lawn and then I would walk down to the creeme stand with him and his sisters. He was so excited we were going to walk. He smiled at me and started chattering away!

I also ordered a new duty belt today. I was wearing a 60" belt three months ago when it became obvious that was going to be too big I ordered a 54" belt. Well it took almost a month to arrive and I am already on the second smallest hole on the belt. I had to add holes to the old one three times! I ordered a 50" I'm just now thinking I should have gone with a 48". I'm wearing 50" pants now and they are loose. I will call Monday to correct the order! Being below 50" will be huge for me. It has been soo long. I've always wanted belts a little big because it is easy to put holes in them. Once I get down a little further the belts are a stock item. Now when I order they special order them so the next belt will be from my local cop shop!

Anyone else love Quest Protien Bars? Wow had my second one today. 4 net carbs and peanut butter and jelly, I had a different peanut butter, crunch I think, yesterday. Totally freaking awesome and bigger than the Pure Protien, IP and Proto Thin bars. Tastier too. And I don't think they will melt in my truck this summer!
Great NSVs Vet!!!! That belt things such a real thing to watch shrink, it's tangible, while for me the scale is just sorta a number. But my clothes give me real feedback !

Quote:
Hey everyone, I'm struggling a bit here. I'm at my brother in-law's house and they made grilled pineapple for dinner...so I'm starving and smelling rum marinated pineapple grilled with cinnamon on top...I kind of want to cry I have my shake upstairs but there will be burgers at some point so I'm holding out, but still want to cry.
Pretending someone sneezed on it is an awesome idea!! I think of fries as ashtrays filled with cig butts. Works every time!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #130  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

Is napa cabbage allowed?
Old 06-30-2012, 02:00 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Week 18 WI update. OMG I lost 4.8 pounds and 1.75 inches this week I amazed myself This is the most I've lost in a single week since week 1. Here are a few of the things I did differnetly this week.
1. I only had 3 restricted foods all week.
2. Drank 18-20 8oz glasses of water almost every day.
3. NO EXERCISE!!!
My body does so much better when I don't exercise. I am so close to my goal I decided I can exercise when I get to maintenance. I think it just slows my losses too much. Oh I feel soooo good right now.
WOWWWW!!! That is awesome!!
I find that I lose a lot more when I make sure to drink 18-20 8oz glasses of water a day too. It really helps a lot.

I wanted to pick your brain a little bit, I didnt get much help from the clinic on this one. I am headed to Valdez on Tuesday until Sunday, our boat has a working freezer, stove, running water (until the tank is empty) and we will have a few coolers with ice and the capability to make more ice. I am trying to figure out what to bring. Should I bring any WF stuff? Should i go into P2 a little bit? My mom (who is in maintenance) says that P1 would be easier because packets dont need to be cold.
What did you do on your trip and do you have any advice for me?
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
I can't stand a lot of the foods either, so I usually just mix shakes/puddings into a smoothie so I can "eat" it- much like ice cream, you know? Plus I sweeten everything with stevia or splenda, which probably isn't good, but its getting me there so it just needs to be good!
And I down Mio like its going out of style. I drink 2L of regular water in the morning and then in the afternoon I drink something like 6L of mio. Again, not good, but I can't stop wanting to eat CRAP that I just need to do it.
I've slipped time and time again, so if drinking Mio and eating my "ice cream" keeps the weight off so be it!
I'm also staying away from people. If I hear one more time how I look good and I don't need a diet I'm going to FREAK. I'm 10lbs away- LEAVE ME ALONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Good luck!!
Oh my gosh, I SOOO know what you mean. My boss tells me at least once a week "You dont need to lose anymore!!". Sheesh just let me be! Sigh, I just smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttrhalf View Post
repeepw,
hey thanks for the info, I will have to give it a try, but on a weekend or next week while I'm off work.
I use Smooth Move every week one to two days before my WI and I havent had any cramping from it. I havent had to run to the bathroom either. I did make sure to read the package and they say to only drink 8oz of the tea. I did try to drink closer to 16 oz once and decided I wouldnt do that again. I think it is pretty low key but works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
*** Well i have been reading the posts everyday but havent really posted myself. so a quick hello and congrats to everyone sticking to this thing 100%. i know it's not easy, but it is SO worth it. For those struggling, REALLY try to brush yourself off and move on and get back on and fully commit. the more you allow yourself a little this and that, the more you let your self control slip. DON'T let that happen. YOU are in control of your own life let's do this thing right, shall we?
I've been training all week and it's been going GREAT! i absolutely love it. i have one more week of training then i'll be on my own I'm so glad they gave me this opportunity and that they know i still want to spend the majority of my time at home with my son. It's win win!!
phase 3 has gone ok. i thought i had it down to a T (with all the homework i did the day i started--- and the menu i created). i had a few small hiccups --that i only learned about through training and hearing other dieters' questions and menu ideas. Nothing major and nothing that sabatoged me (i think ? ) anyway.... MAINTENANCE STARTS TUESDAY!! i knew from the start that i wouldn't be on this thing forever... and i knew that there were phases and all that, but i still REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE i'm HERE!! as you all have been saying lately, time does fly.. and the time is here for me to "exercise my new skills and the new me!" i'm just a little nervous, but overall-- i'm so excited. i know i can do this. i know i'll stay in the 120s (or the healthy weight for my age) the rest of my life minus small weight gain from any future pregnancies ugh thank you all so much for being there for me for the past 7 months and thank you for all your continued support! i'll be around hope everyone has a yummy dinner / snack!
You are doing so well!! You sound really happy, and I am glad that you are, you deserve it you have put so much work in.
How did you decide what your goal weight was going to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I had a few NSV's today. I walked the kids to the creeme stand about a half mile away. Where they each got a soft serve ice cream. I got my power aid zero. The walk was fun and easy with that little 107# person off my back. When we drove home my son looked at the creeme stand and said it is a perfect night for a creeme. I told him after dinner I had to mow the lawn and then I would walk down to the creeme stand with him and his sisters. He was so excited we were going to walk. He smiled at me and started chattering away!
I also ordered a new duty belt today. I was wearing a 60" belt three months ago when it became obvious that was going to be too big I ordered a 54" belt. Well it took almost a month to arrive and I am already on the second smallest hole on the belt. I had to add holes to the old one three times! I ordered a 50" I'm just now thinking I should have gone with a 48". I'm wearing 50" pants now and they are loose. I will call Monday to correct the order! Being below 50" will be huge for me. It has been soo long. I've always wanted belts a little big because it is easy to put holes in them. Once I get down a little further the belts are a stock item. Now when I order they special order them so the next belt will be from my local cop shop!
Anyone else love Quest Protien Bars? Wow had my second one today. 4 net carbs and peanut butter and jelly, I had a different peanut butter, crunch I think, yesterday. Totally freaking awesome and bigger than the Pure Protien, IP and Proto Thin bars. Tastier too. And I don't think they will melt in my truck this summer!
I am proud of you! The walk is really good for ya and the belt is definitely good for your soul!!! I'm gonna have to look into the Quest Protien Bars if you say they are that good!! I wonder if our GNC store carries them! The P.B. & J sounds awesome, I miss those sooooo much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Decided to try on my new size 6 dress I bought a few weeks ago for a "goal" and it fit great (new avatar)! Not bad for a 38 year old former fat mom! I asked hubby to take my picture so I could post up and the first thing out of his mouth "You're not putting this on Match.com are you!" ... Oh hubby...you crack me up! I am still super happy from my muscle gain and feeling strong! Have a great Friday night folks - I put my comfy jammies back on and sitting my butt on the couch.
WOW YOU LOOK AWESOME!!! What a boost to the ego! You deserve it
Old 06-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post

You are doing so well!! You sound really happy, and I am glad that you are, you deserve it you have put so much work in.
How did you decide what your goal weight was going to be?
Thanks stef! I AM happy and can't believe I did it!! (and will continue).. An I know everyone else will too. --and holy crap! You're pretty darn close to goal!! You look great. Have you started phase 2? I originally just said "I want to lose 50 pounds." I knew it would have been more for my true goal weight, but I was so skeptical in the beginning. Anyway, after I hit 50 lbs (135) I just lowered it to 125 as my final goal. All my #s and %s were in the normal range and I feel good here. Plus, my coach said "okay time to phase!" when I hit 121

Last edited by newmom7611; 06-30-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Closed Thread