Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #376  
Feed Your Freedom
Thread Starter
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,429

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default

MiRACLE LASAGNA FiLLiNG!!!



3 TBSP Egg substitute
1/2 Cup Soy Ricotta
2 TBSP Vegan Parmesan Cheese
salt and pepper

mix that all in a bowl and set aside.

make your homemade marinara sauce
found here: http://www.hchc.org/iprecipe20/

Marinara Sauce

¼ cup olive oil

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 garlic clove, finely chopped

1 celery stalk, finely chopped

½ teaspoon sea salt

½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 (32 oz.) can crushed tomatoes

1 dried bay leaf

In a large pot, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the onion powder and garlic, sautéing for 10 minutes. Add the celery and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Sauté until all the vegetables are soft, approximately 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bay leaf. Simmer uncovered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper to taste.

The sauce can be made ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat before using.

next....cook your meat filling...



3 green onions
4 mini colored bell peppers
1/2 zucchini grated

saute this and set aside...



cook 6 ounces ground beef 93/7



add in your veggies!!



and mix well...then set aside.



spray your baking dish with non-stick spray



take 2 "lasagna noodles" and place them into your dish



add 1/3 of the ricotta mixture



add 1/3 of the meat mixture, and 1 TBSP Marinara Sauce
on each piece



add a few strands veggie shreds mozzarella flavor



add 2 more lasagna noodles and press down slightly



repeat for 3 layers!!!
then add 1 TBSP Soy Parmesan Cheese on top!



Lightly Spray the top with cooking spray
to seal the parmesan cheese and keep it moist.

bake 375 degrees for 10 mins or until cheese is melted.



ooooey gooooey cheeeesy goodness!!!!



LAYERED CHEESY GOODNESS!!!!!




WANNABITE?????????

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 09-26-2012 at 09:30 PM.
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #377  
Started IP 1/16/2012
 
WingnutandMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan
Posts: 1,179

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

For those who have printed out the recipe book, since I first published a link, I've added.

Fried Patty Pan Squash on page 136

Curried Chicken and Jicama Salad on page 164

Miracle Lasagna Noodles on page 96

Lasagna filling on page 61

Again, the link to the document.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwW...URKU1JkMkdIMFk

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #378  
Senior Member
 
Rhonduz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 230

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
MiRACLE LASAGNA FiLLiNG!!!



3 TBSP Egg substitute
1/2 Cup Soy Ricotta
2 TBSP Vegan Parmesan Cheese
salt and pepper

mix that all in a bowl and set aside.

make your homemade marinara sauce
found here: http://www.hchc.org/iprecipe20/

Marinara Sauce

¼ cup olive oil

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 garlic clove, finely chopped

1 celery stalk, finely chopped

½ teaspoon sea salt

½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 (32 oz.) can crushed tomatoes

1 dried bay leaf

In a large pot, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the onion powder and garlic, sautéing for 10 minutes. Add the celery and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Sauté until all the vegetables are soft, approximately 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bay leaf. Simmer uncovered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper to taste.

The sauce can be made ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat before using.

next....cook your meat filling...



3 green onions
4 mini colored bell peppers
1/2 zucchini grated

saute this and set aside...



cook 6 ounces ground beef 93/7



add in your veggies!!



and mix well...then set aside.



spray your baking dish with non-stick spray



take 2 "lasagna noodles" and place them into your dish



add 1/3 of the ricotta mixture



add 1/3 of the meat mixture, and 1 TBSP Marinara Sauce
on each piece



add a few strands veggie shreds mozzarella flavor



add 2 more lasagna noodles and press down slightly



repeat for 3 layers!!!
then add 1 TBSP Soy Parmesan Cheese on top!



Lightly Spray the top with cooking spray
to seal the parmesan cheese and keep it moist.

bake 375 degrees for 10 mins or until cheese is melted.



ooooey gooooey cheeeesy goodness!!!!



LAYERED CHEESY GOODNESS!!!!!




WANNABITE?????????
Wow" another amazing recipe! Thanks Rainbow!
Rhonduz is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #379  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 293

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
I want to thank you for introducing me to jicama! I was getting tried of my same old veggies. Last night with my pork chop I sauteed jicama like you recommended with cinnamon and truvia... So good! It's like sliced apples!!! yumo! HUGS!!!!
I tried to cook a jicama last weekend but it remained hard (first put it in the pot with a fat-free ham for 30 mins and then tried boiling it on the stove). Any tips, please?
Willi is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #380  
Member
 
Lorette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 85

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/175

Height: 5' 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Look at the front cover and tell me what is the Updated Date and time. I can figure out from that what I've added and tell you what pages.
Hey Molly!

Thank you again for doing ALL this - but I am all caught up now - after I posted yesterday I just re-printed it ALL in colour.... I just don't think 'work' wants me doing that too often - LOL! - so from this point forward it will be great withyour new page numbers! I will just print them and a new index and all will be Rainbows! ;0)

Lorette
Lorette is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #381  
began IP May 25
 
greeniris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: northern MI
Posts: 802

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Just wanted to let you know that I made the english muffin out of Blueberry Pancake mix from ProtiDiet! Have to cut way back on the liquids, but it was sooo good with WF Strawberry Spread. Will have this for breakfast a few times a week now.

Will be taking a close look at your new lasagne recipe this weekend. Not sure if I'll make this one or the one using zucchini for the noodles since I still have 3 zucchinins to use up somehow.

Thank you for sharing the results of your creativity in the kitchen Rainbow! And to you too Molly for putting it all together in cookbook fashion. I printed it out yesterday!
greeniris is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #382  
began IP May 25
 
greeniris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: northern MI
Posts: 802

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

bump
greeniris is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 05:02 AM   #383  
Holding on TIGHT
 
fourstubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 449

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I have updated Rainbow's Recipe book with her latest recipes. If you've saved the link, just refresh or here is is again.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwW...URKU1JkMkdIMFk

Molly
You put a lot of time in that book. Thank you! Rainbow, thank you for posting your recipes..
fourstubbs is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #384  
Senior Member
 
NOVAScents's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 333

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Default

Molly, the cookbook is AMAZING!!! Thank you Rainbow for all your hard work!
NOVAScents is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #385  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 33

S/C/G: 233/200/160

Height: 5'11"

Default

I hate the pudding, it never seems right. One night I added an egg (2 if the mix was still dry) a teaspoon of vanilla. 1/2 baking soda 1/4 baking powder to the blueberry. I put it on 350 F for 20 minutes. About 6 minutes later my brother says they're done. I'm like? ? I'd accidentally put it on 500 broil. They turned out nice and crunchy!
Amajean is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #386  
Senior Member
 
Delgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 832

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amajean View Post
I hate the pudding, it never seems right. One night I added an egg (2 if the mix was still dry) a teaspoon of vanilla. 1/2 baking soda 1/4 baking powder to the blueberry. I put it on 350 F for 20 minutes. About 6 minutes later my brother says they're done. I'm like? ? I'd accidentally put it on 500 broil. They turned out nice and crunchy!
Too funny!
Delgen is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #387  
Senior Member
 
leganegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 441

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
I tried to cook a jicama last weekend but it remained hard (first put it in the pot with a fat-free ham for 30 mins and then tried boiling it on the stove). Any tips, please?
Sorry I am just seeing this! I think the key is to slice it really then, then saute it if you want to make it sweet, when it starts to brown sprinkle on it truvia (any other sweetener you prefer) and cinnamon, i throw on apple pie spice too. it takes on a sliced/sauteed apple texture. Jicama, is still going to be somewhat hard if it is think, that is the way it is suppose to be I believe. sometimes I throw some diced up piece in my rhubarb recipe. (which is just rhubarb on the stove top with cinnamon, WF syrup, apple pie spice, a little salt, a couple packets of truvia until it's just sweet/tart enough to handle.
I personally eat jicama sliced raw at lunch some times. I like having something slightly sweet and crunchy to end my lunch.

hope this helps!
leganegan is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #388  
Started IP 06.12.12
 
jmuroff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 376

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Found this yummy sounding recipe with kale in my email

Prep Time
15 minutes
Total Time
15 minutes
Yield
Serves 6
Add to Shopping List
Ingredients

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Thai or jalapeno chile, thinly sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed and slices quartered
1 tablespoon honey
2 bunches kale (1 1/2 pounds), tough stems and ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped
6 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
Coarse salt
Directions

In a large skillet, heat oil and chile over medium-high heat. Add lemon and honey and cook, stirring, until lemon begins to break down, about 2 minutes. Add kale and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 3 minutes. Add scallions, season with salt, and cook 1 minute. Serve warm or at room temperature.
jmuroff1 is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #389  
Feed Your Freedom
Thread Starter
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,429

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default Rich Creamy Golden Goddess Soup

the best way to use up leftover veggies...




in this pot i am simmering:
1/2 orange tomato
a few orange cauliflower florets
2 yellow mini bell peppers
2 orange mini bell peppers
a few slices yellow summer squash
a few slices orange zucchini
a few vidalia onion slices (optional, these are not caramelized so ok to simmer)
salt, pepper and a dash red pepper flakes!!!

simmer all for about 8-10 mins then puree into a golden soup!!



optional: for a creamy result i add in 1 oz of my milk allotment and give it a swirl!!



RiCH CREAMY GOODNESS iN A BOWL!!
wannabite??

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 10-02-2012 at 04:18 PM.
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #390  
Started IP 1/16/2012
 
WingnutandMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan
Posts: 1,179

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

I've updated Rainbow's recipe book.

The soup recipe starts on page 116.

Here's the link

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwW...URKU1JkMkdIMFk

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.