MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N....Recipes from the Rainbow

You're on Page 23 of 30
Go to
  • I just got a gorgeous crookneck squash from a friend's garden today - guess what they are being made into??
  • I thought we could not have squash?
  • Quote: I thought we could not have squash?
    you can have zucchini squash and yellow crook neck "summer" squash, NO WINTER SQUASHES.....like butternut, acorn, spaghetti, etc.
  • Quote: you can have zucchini squash and yellow crook neck "summer" squash, NO WINTER SQUASHES.....like butternut, acorn, spaghetti, etc.
    My coach told me no today....No Summer Squash, No Red or Yellow Bell Peppers. I haven't seen this written anywhere! What the heck? I've been eating them for the past two weeks and hate the thought of giving them up.....
  • According to the new list.... I see NO REFERENCE to COLOR on the Bell Peppers, whereas the old sheet specifically said GREEN Peppers... is your coach working with an old sheet?

Vegetables
    Select: Algae, Alfalfa, Asparagus, Arugula, Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Bean Sprouts, Cauliflower, Cabbage (red, pak choi,
    bok choy), Celery, Celeriac, Chicory, Collards, Cress, Cucumbers, Dill Pickles, Endive, Fennel, Field Salad, Green
    Onions, Jicama, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions (raw only), Hot Peppers, Radicchio, Radish, Rhubarb,
    Rutabaga, Sauerkraut, Sorrel, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Turnip, Watercress, Zucchini
  • The new sheet does say bell peppers, so any color. I also do use summer squash (which are related to zucchini) and I've already lost almost 30 pounds in 6 weeks. No problem with them. Yay! I love the summer squashes.
  • Quote: ...and if a little tofutti, or colored peppers, yellow squash chips or coconut oil keeps me on this journey just one day longer and keeps me from binging on truly crappy things like burgers and fries and junk crap then that is the path i will take for me.

getting off my soap box now

And thank goodness we have you!!! I know I speak for many when I say that if it wasn't for you, ALOT of us would've fallen off the wagon a loonnngggg time ago! (Pun intended!)

I know I am not the only one with my own little "Rainbow Recipe Book" at home! And I am taking this as my opportunity to say thank you! You have kept me on my journey without even realizing it! Big hugs!
  • I wasnt trying to criticize...I was just confused. Sorry if you took it that way!
  • My coach said there werent' any restriction on the color of peppers. Me personally I like the sweet ones (red, orange) Im still losing.
  • OMG Rainbow!!! You are awesome!
  • Quote: its really just the rosemary english muffin minus the rosemary
    sometimes i make 1 thicker one and sometimes i make 2 thin ones, your choice
    Reading this recipe prompted me to order a set of English Muffin rings. Can't wait to give them a try. Thanks for sharing your culinary creations here, RainbowSmiles. Very helpful & much appreciated!
  • Rainbow- I love finding your recipes, you are soooo creative! My problem is I'm so new here that I have to sift through all the old posts to find them. Have you ever thought of putting together a cookbook? I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
  • Rainbow's cookbook
    Quote: Rainbow- I love finding your recipes, you are soooo creative! My problem is I'm so new here that I have to sift through all the old posts to find them. Have you ever thought of putting together a cookbook? I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
    I've compiled a document with all of her recipes. I have it stored on Google Docs. The copy there is not updated with her last couple of recipes. I can post the link now and you can preview it. Probably the best way is to bookmark it and refer back to it each time to get the latest copy as I will keep them updated, but you can download the PDF to store on your computer, but it won't be current. Rainbow has reviewed it and loves it.

Here's the link, https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwW...URKU1JkMkdIMFk

Not sure, right now my copy is appearing blurry, but I'm on mobile broadband on a netbook. Give me feedback.

Molly
  • Quote: I've compiled a document with all of her recipes. I have it stored on Google Docs. The copy there is not updated with her last couple of recipes. I can post the link now and you can preview it. Probably the best way is to bookmark it and refer back to it each time to get the latest copy as I will keep them updated, but you can download the PDF to store on your computer, but it won't be current. Rainbow has reviewed it and loves it.

Here's the link, https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwW...URKU1JkMkdIMFk

Not sure, right now my copy is appearing blurry, but I'm on mobile broadband on a netbook. Give me feedback.

Molly
    Hi Molly - I couldn't get the link to open. Darn!! Would love to have it. Can anyone else open it?

• Thanks for all the feedback on the Bell Peppers and Summer Squash. I'm just going to keep eating it. Sorry, Coach