MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N....Recipes from the Rainbow

You're on Page 20 of 30
Go to
  • Quote: awww tell him thank you!! i can't believe how good it is either...as i DO NOT LIKE ASPARAGUS...or have not liked it cooked any other way. but i try hard to stretch my boundaries especially on the vegetables...so every week, you know i have been trying to create something new. i tell you...this is in the top 10 for sure so far!!
    I made my asparagus this way for years for potlucks... I add a sprig of fresh Rosemary for decoration and flavor.... So can you make a cookie recipe out of non packet protein powder you think?? I have been testing a few ways and not good results so far.

But I made marinade you would love... spicy but full bodied... i will type it up sometime... would go great with the asparagus.
  • Rainboooooow!!! This fudge looks soooooo yummy! However, do you think I could use a chocolate drink packet and olive oil instead? Also, I never saw those pb puffs before. I will look into those next time I see my coach, that's for sure. Mmmmmmmm!
  • Thank you Dana for the info on posting I'll try it tommrow, I thought I was now but NOT.

Rainbowsmiles, you go girl I officially crown you Miss congeniality of the 50's IP,ers. We all look forward to reading all your posts. Thank you.
  • Rainbow! Made jicama two ways today - pan fried with salt and with your cinnamon/splenda/syrup combo. YUM!

Also, tried my hand at the cappuccino cookies. I tweaked it a bit - used EVOO, added some splenda, vanilla and some WF chocolate syrup to make them a bit mocha-y.

I guess I didn't press them down enough as they ended up quite puffy - but I liked it! It's the first time that anything I've made hasn't deflated! Too funny. Take a peek!

• Quote: Rainbow! Made jicama two ways today - pan fried with salt and with your cinnamon/splenda/syrup combo. YUM!

Also, tried my hand at the cappuccino cookies. I tweaked it a bit - used EVOO, added some splenda, vanilla and some WF chocolate syrup to make them a bit mocha-y.

I guess I didn't press them down enough as they ended up quite puffy - but I liked it! It's the first time that anything I've made hasn't deflated! Too funny. Take a peek!

ooooo those look yummy....and fudg-y!!!how was the texture???
    i like the crunchy cookies...but i would love to be able to make some fudgy ones that didn't deflate!! tell me more
  • You have the most amazing meals! Thank you for sharing.
  • Quote:
    Rainbowsmiles, you go girl I officially crown you Miss congeniality of the 50's IP,ers. We all look forward to reading all your posts. Thank you.

omg....you are so super sweet!!!!! i'm just doing what i can to help others because i figure, we're all here for a reason, and we're all in this together!! mi casa es su casa!!!
  • THANKS EVERYONE for all the compliments!!! lets just keep on creating together!!!
  • They taste pretty good! Very cakey, almost! I was disappointed at first 'cause I was going for crunchy but liked these in the long run!

Mixed together:
    3tbsp egg whites
    2tsp EVOO
    half a package of splenda
    1tsp of baking powder
    1/2tsp vanilla
    1tsp WF chocolate syrup

Mixed them all together with a whisk (this may be why they were fluffier? Whisking the egg whites?) then added in the capp mix. Whisked together a bit more then put onto the cookie sheet. Got six cookies out of it, baked for 10 minutes at 350. I did push them down a wee bit but they just puffed back up.
  • Trying your recipe IPdivajen as we speak!! Cookies attempt 2!!

Rainbow girl, your fudge looks OMG to die for!!
  • Mmmm cookies! I love cookies!

I have learned that I cannot look at this thread when I'm hungry!
  • Rainbow, you continue to amaze me!

Divajen, your cookies look great!
  • My attempt to be like Rainbow
    Being italian I have a craving for pasta sometimes. this meal does the trick!
    fake pasta with turkey/veal meatballs and some mushrooms, diced tomatoes and paste and spinach, topped with sprinkle of veggie cheese. there is a pretty plate of tomatoes there too.
    IMAG2367 (1).jpg

• Quote: My attempt to be like Rainbow
    Being italian I have a craving for pasta sometimes. this meal does the trick!
    fake pasta with turkey/veal meatballs and some mushrooms, diced tomatoes and paste and spinach, topped with sprinkle of veggie cheese. there is a pretty plate of tomatoes there too.
    Attachment 43126
    i love enjoying PRETTY foods!!! like they say, we always "eat" with our eyes first!! great presentation leganegan!!! yum!!!
  • Quote:
    ooooo those look yummy....and fudg-y!!!how was the texture???
    i like the crunchy cookies...but i would love to be able to make some fudgy ones that didn't deflate!! tell me more
    Those look like Protisnax choco chip sweet rolls, but even better because they're cappuccino!!!