MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N....Recipes from the Rainbow

You're on Page 15 of 30
Go to
  • Oh my goodness rainbowsmiles, I just cooked up a batch of your english muffins. I didn't have the rings so I used 3 mason jar rings and they turned into the perfect little pancakes which I'm savoring right now with a bit of wf pancake syrup and a tiny bit of wf strawberry spread. Oh so delicious.

I can't wait to try your crabcakes
  • Hi and thank you so much for the recipies I just made the best cookies but instead of coffee drink mix I used the Pena - colada drink mix and they are so good! Your ideas inspire so many of us please keep bringing them. Thanks
  • I made your cookies for breakfast this morning, Rainbow and they were yummy. I didn't have any coconut oil so just used a tsp of EVOO which worked. I spread a little WF chocolate and caramel dip on them, yum! Thanks
  • Rainbow you really should put together a cookbook I will be first to buy. I love the way you use beautiful pictures fr beginning to end. Please let us know and thanks again.
  • Quote: I seriously am in love with your thread, rainbow! Thank you so much for all the delicious recipes!

For the summer squash chips, what temp., and how long?

Thanks again!
    Sara
    hi sara, for the summer yellow squash i baked at 175 degrees and for 1.5 hours on one side and then i turned them and baked until crispy...about another 40-50 mins. They do take a long time in the oven....alas...i do not have a dehydrator!!! but they are so worth the effort!!! they are scrumptious!!!
  • Quote: Rainbow you really should put together a cookbook I will be first to buy. I love the way you use beautiful pictures fr beginning to end. Please let us know and thanks again.
    I second this heartily! Go Rainbowsmiles!
  • This was on page 4 at the bottom NOT acceptable!
  • Brussels Sprouts Chips

BRUSSELS SPROUTS CHIPS

7-10 brussels sprouts
    1 tsp. olive oil (I use my Misto olive oil sprayer)
    1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

To remove outer leaves of brussels sprouts, use a sharp knife to trim off the very very edge of the bottom. Outer leaves should fall off easily. Once outer leaves are removed, trim the bottom again, removing more leaves. Continue removing leaves until they become difficult to peel off.

Save the center of each brussels sprout for another recipe. (i roast them in the oven with garlic for soups)

Spread leaves out in a single layer on baking sheets lined parchment paper. Spray with EVOO and I give them a little rub down to evenly coat!!

Roast for 10 minutes, then check leaves. Remove any that are crisp. Place baking sheet back in the oven and check every few minutes until all leaves are crisp. A little browning on the edge of the leaves is fine, but don’t let the entire leaf turn brown or it will become bitter.
    Serve immediately.

THESE ARE DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!
    they have a little roasted nutty flavor, crispy, salty with a hint of olive oil infused in!!

WANNABiTE???
  • Green Goddess Soup
    someone asked me what was my green goddess soup!!

i will post some more photos when i take some in progress...

GREEN GODDESS BiSQUE

i start with 1 can chicken broth in a small pan

add:

3/4 cup zucchini sliced
    3/4 cup frozen broccoli
    1/4 cup radish slices
    1/4 cup frozen colored peppers and onions

simmer about 10 mins or until veggies are al dente tender
    not mushy!

cool slightly and puree in magic bullet or blender

pour into bowl and i add 1-2 oz milk and swirl!!
    i also add some red pepper flakes for some spice!!

this is creamy, rich, heavenly and 2 cups of daily veggies!!
  • ALTERNATIVE: Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Tofutti Cream Cheese Frosting
    IP DISCLAIMER...THIS IS AN ALTERNATIVE RECIPE AND NOT FOR IP PHASE 1 OR 2!!

i love lemon....i love the smell...i love the taste...i love the zing!!!

i have tried and tried every IP lemon product and some alternatives from nashua nutrition (take my advice and don't order the lemon meringue bars YUK to the tenth degree)

so....i had to come up with something to satisfy my desire for all things lemony!!

LEMONYSNiCKETY!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND GUESS WHAT???
    iT'S READY TO EAT IN 1 MiNUTE!!!
    ONLY 1 MiNUTE iN THE MiCROWAVE!!!

1 tbsp flax seed meal
    1 tbsp carbquick,
    1 tbsp coconut flour,
    1 tbsp sweetener of choice, (powder stevia, splenda, erythritol)
    teeny tiny dash salt,
    1/2 tsp baking powder,
    and a dash of poppy seeds...

mix all that in a bowl...and then add:

2 tbsp liquid egg whites
    1 tbsp milk
    1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    zest of half a lemon

mix well and spray 2 small dishes with coconut spray or pam spray and divide into 2 dishes.

spread out evenly...not much mixture but it does rise up a bit

MICROWAVE on high 1 minute!! thats it!!

then top with .5 oz tofutti cream cheese mixed with the other half of lemon zest, a little lemon extract or lemon juice and some splenda...mixed and spread on top!!! omg good!!!

They were moist, fluffy not rubbery at all!!!
    and most of all would not be restricted.

makes 2 muffins
    total info: including the frosting
    calories 136
    fat 8
    carbs 16
    fiber 8
    sugar 2
    protein 6

these had a delicious nutty taste from the flax meal...and omg...so good and lemony!!

WANNABiTE?????????
  • Rainbow's been a mixin' - these new recipes look wonderful! Yes I'll havabite!!!!
  • The zuc chips are deadly. Seriously good stuff here Rainbow. You're the BEST BEST BEST!!! I can't stop eating them!!!
  • Quote: The zuc chips are deadly. Seriously good stuff here Rainbow. You're the BEST BEST BEST!!! I can't stop eating them!!!
    If you think those are good, you must try the yellow squash ones. I was hesitant as I like yellow squash less than zucchini, but I agree with rainbow, they are a lot better.

Molly
  • Wild Berry Yogurt Cookies!!!!!

HAPPY DANCE!!

Wild Berry Yogurt Cookies!!!!!

with
    LEMON FROSTiNG!!!!!!!
    and
    TANGY GiNGER LEMONADE!!!

yum!!!! makes 8 cookies!!! yes...i ate one already!!

this is what i used....

mix IP wild berry yogurt powder with 1/2 tsp baking powder in a small bowl and 1 tbsp sweetener of choice, i used stevia in the raw.

i added 3 TBSP egg white and 2 tsp coconut oil into my magic bullet hopper with the flat blade....i blended a few seconds...it was lumpy...but that is ok because the coconut oil melts into the cookies!!

you could use evoo!!

it makes a nice thick dough!!!

i dropped by spoonfuls onto parchment paper...
    oh yeah baby 8 cookies!!!!!

i spray the tops lightly with some coconut spray...
    so that it makes them easier to pat flat and not have them stick...
    but you could probably use a teeny bit of water on your fingertips as well.

i patted them all flat!! then baked for 10 mins on 350 degrees!!

the edges are nice and crispy crunchy and the middle is ever so slightly chewy!! the best of both worlds!! if you want totally crunchy, let them bake a little longer.

you an enjoy them like this...OR....
    if your coach allows soy products...like tofutti....

mix 1 oz tofutti with 1 tsp lemon extract and zest of 1 lemon...
    save the lemon and a little zest for your lemonade!!

add the sweetener of choice...1 tbsp.

MIX WELL!!!

divide evenly on top of your cookies....
    and spread evenly....
    don't forget to lick the knife....and the bowl!! yum!!!!

i sprinkle the tops with a little stevia and true lemon powder!!!

WANNABiTE???????

if you want a ginger lemonade....just juice your lemon...add some lemon zest, a packet of true lemon, the lemon juice, 1 tsp ginger, and ice and water and blend!!!

add sweetener to taste...not too much though....
    DRiNK iT TANGY!!!!

i used LEMON DROP stevia drops!!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

• These cookies look delish!