Sugars 0 g
    Trans 0 g
    Protein 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 4%
    Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 4%
    Iron 2%
  • anything that is 0 fat 0 carb and 0 sugar is ok. the sodium is a bit of a concern but as long as you don't overdo it should be fine
  • thanks golden rod! No just a teaspoon or two
  • 0/0/0 = good to go.
  • What is the sauce? (Inquiring minds want to know...)?
  • It's a sauce that this peruvian chicken place by job sells. Its a garlic sauce. They sell them online too!! It's called Nando's Peri-Peri yummmm

Quote: What is the sauce? (Inquiring minds want to know...)?
  • You should post these questions in the daily chat, you'd get more eyes on it - and more folks may get the info and ideas.
  • I'd be careful. The 5 calories show that somewhere there is either carb/protein/fat. Both carbs/protein have 4.5 calories per gram, fats 9. So either this has a half gram fat, or a little over a gram of carb/protein, or some other combo.

Make sure to check serving size too. 1 TBSP may be less than a gram of carb so it shows as zero, but if you really use a 1/4 cup it could be almost 4 grams.
  • I got one of those small to-go sauce cups and just dipped the tip of the chicken in it and putting the rest in my veggies

Quote: I'd be careful. The 5 calories show that somewhere there is either carb/protein/fat. Both carbs/protein have 4.5 calories per gram, fats 9. So either this has a half gram fat, or a little over a gram of carb/protein, or some other combo.

Make sure to check serving size too. 1 TBSP may be less than a gram of carb so it shows as zero, but if you really use a 1/4 cup it could be almost 4 grams.
  • Quote: I got one of those small to-go sauce cups and just dipped the tip of the chicken in it and putting the rest in my veggies
    I don't understand, it doesn't matter if you put it on your chicken or in your veggies, you ate the whole to-go cup. Most of those cups have around 1/4 cup, which may be several times the "serving size" that the nutritional facts come from.

I'm not saying that is wrong, I'm just saying that you have to be careful of portion size and it doesn't matter where you put the sauce, the stats would be the same.
  • Hi,
    I think it depends on how often you eat the sauce. Everything in moderation works for me. Food should be fun so I try to include some extras to make it interesting.
    Now to do this I had to eliminate ice cream because I am in an alternate world around ice cream the word moderation has no meaning when it is available to me. Some day I hope to gain control over ice cream but that time is not now.

Even a quarter of a cup of the garlic sauce would not be terrible if it were only once a week. NOw if it is every night that might be cause for concern.
    Enjoy it .

Sheridan
  • Oh i failed to mention i didn't even fill it up lol it didn't even go halfway

Quote: I don't understand, it doesn't matter if you put it on your chicken or in your veggies, you ate the whole to-go cup. Most of those cups have around 1/4 cup, which may be several times the "serving size" that the nutritional facts come from.

I'm not saying that is wrong, I'm just saying that you have to be careful of portion size and it doesn't matter where you put the sauce, the stats would be the same.
  • What is the serving size? The stats look pretty good but it all depends on what the serving size is. Is it 1 teaspoon, 1 tablespoon, 1/4 cup? As GrandmaKiss mentioned...those calories come from somewhere so if the serving size is 1 teaspoon and you eat 2 tablespoons, it could be a problem. If the true stats are .9 carbs per teaspoon and you have 2 tablespoons, then the carbs would actually be 5.4.