Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #31  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, had my WI and I am down another 3#, that is a total of 43 lbs gone forever and another 3 inches gone as well for 22 total! I am flying high right now. Good luck to everyone that has to weigh in today. Have a great day all!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #32  
Started IP 05/30/12

S/C/G: 230/See Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning. I have mynWI today and want to do it NOW! Not sure ow manynweeksnim at. 13/14? Gotta pull out the calendar. Have a great day everyone.
Good luck man! This is a huge milestone to attain, and I'm sure you'll feel fantastic. Looking forward to the results.

Hoping everyone has a great day and good luck to all WI's to come.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #33  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks meadow. My scale said 360 this morning which is 110# lost so I should make it past 100# today.
Sending lightweight wishes your way for your WI this today. Wow!!!! 100#!!! Amazing. What an inspiration you are to us all.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Post WI day

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGiBlue View Post
Wow! I wish I had time to comment on all the motivating posts and pics here. Posted my first comment yesterday, saying I was struggling. Last night, I spent some time getting down to the real reason for that struggle. I have to admit that throughout my 20+year marriage, I have made poor decisions regarding my own health and well-being, in order to avoid conflict with my husband. I eat out way more than I would like, I eat in restaurants I don't like and eat meals at home I don't want. I realize this has very little to do with my husband, and a whole lot to do with my "wanting to please". From today forward, I am going to do what's right for me. I told him that I'm no longer going grocery shopping with him, struggling through the aisles of candy, chips, cookies, crap, etc. etc. etc. He's on his own. Today I feel refreshed with new-found strength to reach my goal. These posts are going to help get me there. It's time to grow up and treat myself like I'm worth it! Thanks to all, and best wishes to all here. 1 for every 5 lost!

great to here you have figured out that you are worth it

I have WI #1 today in the afternoon, a bit scared hoping for a real good number down (5 would be great). my jeans are already starting to feel looser .
next Monday I leave for a short road trip to Libby Montana for a Wedding on Tuesday and then home on the 4th I will be discussing this with my coach today to see how to plan for this and what i should bring with me. going to have my son bring his laptop so I can get online see how things are going with every one here you guy's keep me motivated and OP.

clinic

home
Old 06-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 187/162/145

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning! I order my IP products online. I got all ready to order through The Protein Store because they were 10% off and free shipping, but now the site has been "under maintenance" for the last two days. Any one know what's going on?
Old 06-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Wow! I wish I had time to comment on all the motivating posts and pics here. Posted my first comment yesterday, saying I was struggling. Last night, I spent some time getting down to the real reason for that struggle. I have to admit that throughout my 20+year marriage, I have made poor decisions regarding my own health and well-being, in order to avoid conflict with my husband. I eat out way more than I would like, I eat in restaurants I don't like and eat meals at home I don't want. I realize this has very little to do with my husband, and a whole lot to do with my "wanting to please". From today forward, I am going to do what's right for me. I told him that I'm no longer going grocery shopping with him, struggling through the aisles of candy, chips, cookies, crap, etc. etc. etc. He's on his own. Today I feel refreshed with new-found strength to reach my goal. These posts are going to help get me there. It's time to grow up and treat myself like I'm worth it! Thanks to all, and best wishes to all here. 1 for every 5 lost!
Way to go girl sometimes in life we have to be a bit selfish and this is one of those times. Stick to your guns.

Caren
Old 06-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #37  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Default Morning replies

Quote:
Good morning. I have mynWI today and want to do it NOW! Not sure ow manynweeksnim at. 13/14? Gotta pull out the calendar. Have a great day everyone.
Good luck Vet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoreweight View Post
Good morning, everyone! I had a little NSV this morning. I put on these jeans that I had bought a few weeks before starting this program. They are actually what inspired me to do this, as it was the first pair of size 18 that I bought. I had been a size 16 for a few years now, and was so scared when they started getting tight. Anyways, I woke up feeling a little discouraged, and put these pants on. They are to big! Mainly in the thighs, which is kinda strange, but also the waist! I had to take em back off to make sure they were the pair I thought they were, and I was giddy when I realized they were! They were my "tight" jeans when I got em! Go me!

Good luck to everyone with a WI today, and I hope everyone has an awesome OP day!
Hey I'm also South Dakota! where are you at? I'm Sioux Falls

Quote:
There's a book called "Disease to Please" and it's really good if you're a people pleaser. It looks at the causes and has a "treatment" plan at the end, to help you learn to look out for YOU for a change. I read it and it really helped me.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #38  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Happy WI day to all who are weighing in! So this is day 4, have a slight headache this morning, probably normal, right? Did great yesterday, no hunger feelings. I really can't believe that one!

Gonna try something different today: I need another cup of coffee and I'm going to try putting some of my breakfast shake into it instead of half and half. I am still working on easing off of the h & h use in my coffee, so hoping that using some of my shake to make it taste better than black coffee.

Hi, I had a slight headache in the first week, I think it's the limited carbs....

Here's what I do for breakfast & it's AWESOME!!

Butterscotch Pudding mixed with a STRONG cup of coffee, add a little water (1/4 cup) 2 Tbsp WF caramel syrup & shake well. Then add tons of ice & shake again. It tastes like a fancy caramel coffee drink from a specialty coffee shop!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #39  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick thank you to everyone for all their encouragement yesterday. I was so down after my Cheese Puff cheat, but thanks to all of you here, I felt better and got right back on track with 100% OP again.

So, as of today, I have my one day off program and 27 days 100% OP. I'll chose to focus on those. Thanks everyone!!!

Here's wishing everyone an OP day today! And a slishy-sloshy water day. Gonna be 105 here today with heat index even higher. Off to get more water.

Lee
Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #40  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Default Good Morning

Hey everyone, just checking in. Let's see, what's my day lookin' like...I was up at 7:00 (instead of 8:00) so I could go down to the basement and throw a coat of paint on the motorcycle parts, down to only 3 parts left, 2 critical, one not so much. DH got the bike so close to done last night, we are doing a HUGE push and finishing it up tonight, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Longhorn: Haha you mention the resevoir. Look at the lower picture, that's what the ACTUAL bike looked like, can you see the silver cover? That's one of those pieces I've been painting

They will be a flat black the same as the "tank" (actually that's an airbox cover, his gas tank is under the seat) and everything else not engine or frame

I am finally feeling like I might see an end in sight for this motorcycle nightmare and am so ready for it to be DONE. Life is so stressful at home it's unreal, and DH is completely useless to do anything but either work on, or b*tch about his bike. I'm looking forward to that being done, just in time for our weekend getaway.

Also tonight I'm going to try and make his license plate mount, shouldn't be "too" bad to get that done, and then we'll be off and running!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 225/214/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Good luck Vet!

Hey I'm also South Dakota! where are you at? I'm Sioux Falls

There's a book called "Disease to Please" and it's really good if you're a people pleaser. It looks at the causes and has a "treatment" plan at the end, to help you learn to look out for YOU for a change. I read it and it really helped me.
Hey, Kaypix! I wish there was a way to tag a person's name in these forums. I've tried to talk to you before because I saw you were in SD also! Haha...I live in Iroquois right now, which is a little rural town close to Huron. I am from SF and my family, and husband's family, are all still there. I have been helping my mom get her house ready to be on the market (dad passed away last year), so my kids and I have been in SF at least once a week. I would love to meet up some time! Good to meet you!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #42  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
There may not be much of a loss this time. As far as the hunger, snack on some egg whites, boil some eggs and discard the yolks, scrable some egg whites, spread your veggies out throughout the day instead of eating them all at lunch and dinner. I have had to do this a couple of times. As long as you get your recommned 4 cups in a day everything is fine. Try drinking some hot herbal tea when you feel the hunger pangs.

Try and distinguse if it is a true hunger or a head hunger. I had to learn that. And remember that YOU CONTROL THE FOOD, FOOD DOES NOT CONTROL YOU!!!

Since it is TOM, when you feel the cravings, go and do something else to distract yourself from it, try taking a short walk...something to take your mind off of the craving. You can and will get thru this.

What great advise..... Thank you!! This is week 5 for me & it was a rough one.... Your words will hep next time I have a rough patch
Old 06-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #43  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Good morning everyone, and hope everyone stays cool today. Another really hot day in Austin today, but hopefully it will get out of the 100's today.

Vet - good luck at WI today and it sounds like you are going to have some great news to share with us.

To everyone else who has or had WI's today - congrats for making it another week on this awesome weight loss program.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #44  

Hello! I have been on IP since mid-May and have been following this blog since then. The past two weeks I "fell of the wagon" so to speak, so I thought actually joining and talking with everyone will help me stay OP.
All of you are so inspirational, helpful and positive that I love reading this everyday. Hoping to stay motivated!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #45  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Quote:
You are worth it!! While it is easier with just having to cook for my husband and I, (and he will eat what I make for myself except for maybe an extra carb now and then) I am just in the produce and meat sections of the store anymore. But, he has learned to go and do his own shopping about every 10 days or so for what HE WANTS. He puts it right away in the pantry and I never have to look at it. In fact I rarely open the pantry door anymore since I eat mainly fresh things. My IP packets I keep elsewhere in a basket. You can do this! Best wishes
Closed Thread