Height: 5'3

Happy Monday all
Old 06-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #32  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Hey Everyone...I need help...i lost 70 lbs in 20 weeks...the program is amazing...
this last year has been one of the tuffest years...I have a grandaughter we almost lost 3 times..due to Lyme disease...we have been hit with a lot of different things this year...and I stopped taking care of myself...
I have to take off 20 lbs...and I just need someone to listen to me...
My Grandaughter is going to make it..we are so grateful and blessed by her regaining her health...now I need my health back...
I am starting back this morning on program...I have a cute yellow dress I want to wear for my birthday on August 3rd...but right now its toooo tight....
So here I am and I need help.....
Thank you for listening to me today....
Judo, glad to see you back around, also glad to hear your granddaughter is getting better. You know where to come to for help we are always here. You know what you have to do to get it done, so starting today its back on Phase 1 for you! you can get this 20lbs knocked out really quick and you know it! Now is the time to throw life back into check getting yourself back to where you were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
So I've felt like crap all week. I took it to mean I was in ketosis (especilly since I was losing weight. Last night I made dinner and added tomatoes to my meal of the first time since I've been OP. Well at WI this morning I gained 2lbs. Was I supposed to avoid tomatoes? It was on the list of things I could have once weekly.....Tommorrow will be my first week's WI and so far I've lost 4lbs. Has anyone else run across a limite veggie thrown them out of ketosis? Or could it have been something else that caused it?
You are just retaining water for some reason, hang in there it will come off

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikig3 View Post
Good Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

thorfinn - YAY! it's moments like those that give me the kick in the butt to keep going sometimes.

dizzyjean - CONGRATS! Great job!! I don't think I could totally cut restricted - they are a nice treat for me.

IPdivajen - keeping my fingers crossed that the scale is in your favor!

No big news here in Maryland. I had a tough weekend - I seemed to struggle every day and we were busy! Also, our 9 month old is not sleeping well. I think it's a combo of teething and growth spurt. I think I am going to go to bed tonight when the kids do - I am that tired. Also TOM arrived so I think that contributed to everything. My husband and I did get to go to the movies on Saturday night to see Snow White and the Huntsman - I really enjoyed it. I mean who doesn't like Chris Hemsworth?!
Were you as shocked as I was when it wasn't prince charming who woke her up? I told my BF, HEY they just destroyed my childhood memory!.....lol

Quote:
I appreciate your response! I think you might be on to something. My TOM should start Sunday. But I was still a little discouraged because my husband has lost 12lbs in 1 week! thanks for your words of encouragement!
NEVER EVER compare yourself to a MAN or anyone else for that matter!!!....MEN will always KILL on weightloss, its just in their nature. This is YOUR journey....NO ONE else's....keep an eye on YOUR prize....NOT his!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #33  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

JudoGirl - Congratulations on getting back on the horse, and I am so happy that your granddaughter is going to be okay!

Quote:
So I've felt like crap all week. I took it to mean I was in ketosis (especilly since I was losing weight. Last night I made dinner and added tomatoes to my meal of the first time since I've been OP. Well at WI this morning I gained 2lbs. Was I supposed to avoid tomatoes? It was on the list of things I could have once weekly.....Tommorrow will be my first week's WI and so far I've lost 4lbs. Has anyone else run across a limite veggie thrown them out of ketosis? Or could it have been something else that caused it?
This is why it's not a great idea to take your daily weight too seriously. If you are following the program you shouldn't sweat it - it fluctuates a lot based on several factors, but the trend will ALWAYS be DOWN - and if you are following your sheet it won't be because you are out of ketosis. Usually it's water weight caused by TOM or if you had a lot of salty foods. Just follow the program and don't sweat it, it works - don't stress! The IP folks have done all the thinking for you, make sure you follow the sheet and keep your food log updated and accurate in the rare case you do hit a snag/stall (which can happen, usually after months on program), in case any tweaks are needed. But this is something that takes weeks to track - not days. You are doing great! And any water weight you may 'catch' on this weeks WI will be gone by next weeks, so it will balance out - just stay on the saddle and enjoy your tomatoes (2x/week of course)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
First WI, down 7.4, am very glad! I think I may have finally found the program for me. It is going very well, other than having likely having too much gum (rookie!) I believe I was 100% OP! and it worked.
I am looking forward to this week, ready to get out of the 180's!
My days menu:
shake
4 oz chik pattie with baked zuchinni/crook neck squash
bar
4 oz beef pattie with baked zuchinni/crook neck squash
shake

See I this is all still so new I am not bored with eating the same thing, so that is the really easy part! i do drink a ton of iced coffee through out the day though. And water of course.

Happy monday!
That's an awesome WI! Congratulations! A lot of folks chew gum throughout the day, I would just add that you make sure to add it to your food log along with your 'extras' as those can start to add up and if you ever need a tweak it's always a good idea to keep track of everything you eat. If you couldn't tell - I am a big believer in the food log - it keeps me accountable, I save them all! My coach diligently checks mine every week and advised me to try to keep the 'extras' at 6 or less a day (since they also have negligible carbs and calories, even those labeled '0/0/0').

Last edited by LizRR; 06-25-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #34  
Started IP 1/18/2012

S/C/G: 224/149/150

Height: 5'0"

Hi, I haven't posted much on this board, I mostly just lurk. But I'm struggling and need some encouragement! I've been on IP since January 9th, and have lost 62 lbs. (Yay!!!) I have 12 lbs to go, so should be heading to phase 2 very soon... except I am really having a hard time staying OP right now.

I'm fine while I'm at work. I have 4 kids, and lots of baseball games and other activities after work. I've gotten into this habit (out of stress I believe) of having this mini-binge on junk (chips, crackers) in the 15 minutes I am home before we have to run out to games, practices, etc. I've tried having my evening snack at that time, since dinner is usually late. And that works, but then I seem to have the urge after everyone goes to bed.

I'm so sick of this self-defeating behavior! And it worries me that I will fall back into old patterns once I am in maintenance (if I ever get there). I've been stalled at 162 for 2 weeks now, and I just want to move forward. I know why I am stalled. I know what I need to do to get where I want to go. But WHY do I keep doing what I know will hurt my progress? Anyone else struggling with this? HELP!!!
Thanks!
Trish
Old 06-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishak View Post
Hi, I haven't posted much on this board, I mostly just lurk. But I'm struggling and need some encouragement! I've been on IP since January 9th, and have lost 62 lbs. (Yay!!!) I have 12 lbs to go, so should be heading to phase 2 very soon... except I am really having a hard time staying OP right now.

I'm fine while I'm at work. I have 4 kids, and lots of baseball games and other activities after work. I've gotten into this habit (out of stress I believe) of having this mini-binge on junk (chips, crackers) in the 15 minutes I am home before we have to run out to games, practices, etc. I've tried having my evening snack at that time, since dinner is usually late. And that works, but then I seem to have the urge after everyone goes to bed.

I'm so sick of this self-defeating behavior! And it worries me that I will fall back into old patterns once I am in maintenance (if I ever get there). I've been stalled at 162 for 2 weeks now, and I just want to move forward. I know why I am stalled. I know what I need to do to get where I want to go. But WHY do I keep doing what I know will hurt my progress? Anyone else struggling with this? HELP!!!
Thanks!
Trish
Have you cut of veggies to snack on instead of the crackers and chips. You are just nervous and want something in your mouth. Chew some gum, have bottles of water ready to grab and go. YOU KNOW what you have to do, talk yourself out of it. YOU DON"T NEED the crackers or the chips, excuses are being used and that is NOT what you need. You need to just say VEGGIES....VEGGIES....WATER....WATER....GUM...GUM. ...I can understand how it is to be always on the go BUT YOU have to make wise choices for yourself. Why do you need to lose those last 12lbs? are you happy with where you are now? Is is because you want that SPECIFIC number on the scale? You may already be where you need to be and might want to consider phasing off.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Hope everyone has a good start to the week!

Stephany - Don't stress. Twice I've had weeks were I got a little sugar by accident (restaurant told me there wasn't any in the seasoning until after I ate it) and a little cheese (had to scrape it off a burger but you know how it sticks!) and those were my two biggest weeks as far as fat loss. I know it seems contradictory but I think it must've been a welcome shock to my system or something. I use soy all the time, butter is just a little extra fat, and I'm sure terryaki isn't too bad.

Just had my first Phase 3 breakfast and man am I happy! Two pieces of toast, greek yogurt with raspberry puree, turkey sausage patties, and frozen fruit! I'm feeling good If I can eat this way for the next two weeks, I don't doubt I can finish up this diet strong!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #37  
Started IP 1/18/2012

Quote:
Have you cut of veggies to snack on instead of the crackers and chips. You are just nervous and want something in your mouth. Chew some gum, have bottles of water ready to grab and go. YOU KNOW what you have to do, talk yourself out of it. YOU DON"T NEED the crackers or the chips, excuses are being used and that is NOT what you need. You need to just say VEGGIES....VEGGIES....WATER....WATER....GUM...GUM. ...I can understand how it is to be always on the go BUT YOU have to make wise choices for yourself. Why do you need to lose those last 12lbs? are you happy with where you are now? Is is because you want that SPECIFIC number on the scale? You may already be where you need to be and might want to consider phasing off.
Thanks, Wuv. You are so right. I have just allowed myself to make excuses. No, I'm not ready to be done. I'm only 4'11" and I really want to lose more. I don't feel done. Even at 150, I am "technically" overweight for my height, but I will be where I want to be. There is a part of me that eventually wants to be 140, but that will be later down the road. I really want to be a size 10... or could I dream to be a size 8????

Thanks for the tips and for holding me accountable. I can do this! Don't ever cheat, it is so hard to close the door once you do. (learned the hard way!)
Old 06-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #38  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post
Just had my first Phase 3 breakfast and man am I happy! Two pieces of toast, greek yogurt with raspberry puree, turkey sausage patties, and frozen fruit! I'm feeling good If I can eat this way for the next two weeks, I don't doubt I can finish up this diet strong!
Oh, you are making my mouth water! I am going to a Phase3/Phase4 workshop my coach is throwing tomorrow and am looking forward to the new choices and variety. So confession, my 'official' goal with my coach is actually set at 150lb (at the time it seemed like such a pipe dream), I told her I wanted to lower it to 145lb and she looked at me like I was crazy, I guess I should take that as a compliment! We haven't officially changed it, she wants me to reach original goal then see how I feel about it.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #39  
- 15lbs and counting!

S/C/G: 183.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday everyone! After a BAD weekend of me totally falling off the plan, I am back on track and invigorated. I know my WI is going to be so bad on Wednesday. I am actually thinking of doing IP packets 3 times a day to see if I can make up for my slacking off this weekend. If I HAD stayed on plan I'd probably be seeing the 160's by now. (Which I haven't seen in a LONG TIME) but instead I ate chips had pizza and drank wine and beer. UGH.

Anyway, enough beating myself up. Jumping back on. I may try walking a little today too. It will help me with all this guilt!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #40  

Quote:
Thanks, Wuv. You are so right. I have just allowed myself to make excuses. No, I'm not ready to be done. I'm only 4'11" and I really want to lose more. I don't feel done. Even at 150, I am "technically" overweight for my height, but I will be where I want to be. There is a part of me that eventually wants to be 140, but that will be later down the road. I really want to be a size 10... or could I dream to be a size 8????

Thanks for the tips and for holding me accountable. I can do this! Don't ever cheat, it is so hard to close the door once you do. (learned the hard way!)
Cheating is NOT an option for me, I have gone 15 months WITHOUT cheating so I know I will not do so. I have 30 or so more pounds to go
Old 06-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #41  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning IP'ers

I woke up feeling stronger today This last week was a struggle for me. I stayed OP, but my mind didn't want to. My mind was out of control thinking about phase 3 and beyond. My DD is starting alternatives today, so I know I will be able to finish this trying to help her. IP is easy for me when I go to Casper on my monthly trip, and I leave on Saturday night, so next week will be easy. These next 2 weeks will be easy to "keep my eye on the prize".
Old 06-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

GM IPs. Haven't posted in a while, but am keeping 100% OP!!! Can't believe I am getting close to goal. I really can't wait for my family reunion the week of the 7th (July) to have them see me.

I just want my bottom half to catch up some more and shed some more inches. I know that my body is what it is and I'll always have the "bottom curves", but I so want to be a size 8. Once I get to 150, I will see how much more I need to go.

On a side note, I survived being home all week with all the rain the southeast is having!

Last edited by momat40; 06-25-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #43  
Started IP 1/18/2012

Quote:
Cheating is NOT an option for me, I have gone 15 months WITHOUT cheating so I know I will not do so. I have 30 or so more pounds to go
Good for you! I was 100% until I was running a 3 day conference out of town in May. I did pretty well, working 16 hour days without many breaks. All my meals were provided at the conference centers, and there were a few times I simply could not make a shake, or soup, or get my own vegetables. I had to eat, so I made the best choices I could. I've struggled to get 100% ever since. I'm lucky, I still have lost most weeks. I had one week I was the same, and last week I was up .2 lbs. So there hasn't been too much damage. I have to reset my resolve and start again like I did at the beginning.

Looking forward, and just looking for some folks here to help me motivate me.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #44  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Morning Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Hey Everyone...I need help...i lost 70 lbs in 20 weeks...the program is amazing...
this last year has been one of the tuffest years...I have a grandaughter we almost lost 3 times..due to Lyme disease...we have been hit with a lot of different things this year...and I stopped taking care of myself...
I have to take off 20 lbs...and I just need someone to listen to me...
My Grandaughter is going to make it..we are so grateful and blessed by her regaining her health...now I need my health back...
I am starting back this morning on program...I have a cute yellow dress I want to wear for my birthday on August 3rd...but right now its toooo tight....
So here I am and I need help.....
Thank you for listening to me today....
Welcome back to the forums, and to IP, you can do it and look fabulous in your little yellow dress!

Quote:
I'm sure you're still in Ketosis, your body can retain water especially early on in the program. Don't weigh daily if you can't handle the fluctuations, it's not worth the stress. I've been down 1 lb, 0.6 lb, 0.2 lb, 1 lb and then regained 2 lbs in a day. At the end of the day (er, week) it'll come out allright in the end and it's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
NSV for me today. I went shopping in the basement this morning and found two pair of shorts I put away a few years ago. I put them on and they fit so the ones I've been wearing can be given away because they're way too big. These were my favorite shorts and they don't make them anymore so I am pretty happy.
Woot Woot Hooray! Great job!

Quote:

Thanks!
Trish
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Good morning IP'ers

I woke up feeling stronger today This last week was a struggle for me. I stayed OP, but my mind didn't want to. My mind was out of control thinking about phase 3 and beyond. My DD is starting alternatives today, so I know I will be able to finish this trying to help her. IP is easy for me when I go to Casper on my monthly trip, and I leave on Saturday night, so next week will be easy. These next 2 weeks will be easy to "keep my eye on the prize".
Quote:
Originally Posted by momat40 View Post
GM IPs. Haven't posted in a while, but am keeping 100% OP!!! Can't believe I am getting close to goal. I really can't wait for my family reunion the week of the 7th (July) to have them see me.

I just want my bottom half to catch up some more and shed some more inches. I know that my body is what it is and I'll always have the "bottom curves", but I so want to be a size 8. Once I get to 150, I will see how much more I need to go.

On a side note, I survived being home all week with all the rain the southeast is having!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #45  
Started IP 1/18/2012

Quote:

How exciting to have your family see you for the first time! I didn't tell my family I was doing the plan for the first 3 months, and it was really fun seeing them for the first time.

I also set 150 as my goal, and would love to be a size 8 someday! I'm 12 lbs from goal, and it gets depressing when my size 14's still fit. I can fit in some 12s, and can wear mediums on the top :-), but being so short, I think I'll need to be 140 to wear size 8s. Oh well, I feel so great even at this size! No more looking for size 20 petites! (I always found that to be an oxymoron)
Closed Thread