Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 06/25/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 06-25-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a terrific day. I am ready for a new week full of summer fun and being OP!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

NSV - Not feeling self-conscious with my shirt off on the boat all weekend
Old 06-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning all, My WI over the weekend was 4 pounds down. I've been averaging about 1.5 pounds a week. Could it be that solving the big C problem and cutting restricted helps? Hope so!! I am down 21 pounds in 2 months. Not halfway, but making progress. Happy OP day, y'all! Happy successes downing the water and salads!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Stephany asked for this to be posted here, it was the last post of the weekend thread...

Freaking out a little bit!
Today is mine and my DF's 8th anniversary. We went to my sons meet and greet for football at the lake today, that was pretty fun. Then we went to the Soltace Festival, lots of fun! They close down about a square mile of roads downtown to open it for foot traffic. Lots of fun! Then we went to a couple of stores together and Jesse bought me a Ninja for our anniversary my old food processor has been really messing up, leaking and I think its out of balance. After that we went to Shogun Japanese Restaraunt and I'm worried I might have messed up program wise. I think they use butter, garlic, terryaki, and soy sauce to cook the meat in. I looked up the nurtritional content of terryaki and it didnt look like it was enough to put me out of ketosis so I just 'forgot' about it. Until now that is. I started getting a headache about an hour ago and I have had a salt lick twice now and it hasnt helped. I am also midway through my TOM so it could be that. Needless to say I am a little freaked out now that I pushed myself out of ketosis. I have had 144 ounces of water today, so it isnt that either.

Here is what I ate today:
Breakfast: Chocolate shake with WF chocolate dip and some Stevia
Lunch: 1 Cup red bell pepper, Vanilla peanut bar
Dinner: 1 Cup mixed veggies, 5 oz fillet mignon, 3 oz lobster, japanese clear soup (not sure I got that name right)
Snack: 2 Cups stewed rhubarb with WF marshmellow, Stevia, WF syrup. IP chocolate ice cream (made in my new ice cream maker)

The new daily chat thread hasnt been made yet, but if someone is willing to put this post into it I would be grateful. I would really like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks
Old 06-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and the scale hasn't been good to me this week but I'm trying my best not to freak out/fret about it. Some minutes are better than others. I really just want to lose a minimum of 1.8lbs so that I can cross the 80lb mark - anything extra above that and I'll be delighted.

I've decided to cut out restricteds for a few days (yesterday, today and tomorrow) to see if that has any positive impact. Fingers crossed!

I'm also worried that all the iron I have to take now is being very 'binding' and making the big C more of an issue for me. Guess time will tell!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Need Help

Hey Everyone...I need help...i lost 70 lbs in 20 weeks...the program is amazing...
this last year has been one of the tuffest years...I have a grandaughter we almost lost 3 times..due to Lyme disease...we have been hit with a lot of different things this year...and I stopped taking care of myself...
I have to take off 20 lbs...and I just need someone to listen to me...
My Grandaughter is going to make it..we are so grateful and blessed by her regaining her health...now I need my health back...
I am starting back this morning on program...I have a cute yellow dress I want to wear for my birthday on August 3rd...but right now its toooo tight....
So here I am and I need help.....
Thank you for listening to me today....
Old 06-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

So I've felt like crap all week. I took it to mean I was in ketosis (especilly since I was losing weight. Last night I made dinner and added tomatoes to my meal of the first time since I've been OP. Well at WI this morning I gained 2lbs. Was I supposed to avoid tomatoes? It was on the list of things I could have once weekly.....Tommorrow will be my first week's WI and so far I've lost 4lbs. Has anyone else run across a limite veggie thrown them out of ketosis? Or could it have been something else that caused it?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/182/130

Height: 5"2

Good morning everyone! Yesterday I had my most exciting weightloss/IP moment. I was able to fit into a pair of scrub pants (and looked pretty darn good if I say so myself!) that I couldn't even get up over my hips 4 weeks ago! I don't weigh in until tomorrow, but I can't wait to see what the scale says. I hope everyone has an awesome IP day!!!

JudoGirl - Your poor sweet granddaughter! I'll say a prayer for her and your family.

IPdivajen - You have done so AMAZING so far! I hope you get the results you're looking for tomorrow!

dizzyjean - Congrats on your WI!!!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #10  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
NSV - Not feeling self-conscious with my shirt off on the boat all weekend
Good for You!!!!!

Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
So I've felt like crap all week. I took it to mean I was in ketosis (especilly since I was losing weight. Last night I made dinner and added tomatoes to my meal of the first time since I've been OP. Well at WI this morning I gained 2lbs. Was I supposed to avoid tomatoes? It was on the list of things I could have once weekly.....Tommorrow will be my first week's WI and so far I've lost 4lbs. Has anyone else run across a limite veggie thrown them out of ketosis? Or could it have been something else that caused it?
No massive words of wisdom for you, just wanted to commiserate. Same thing happened to me last week - Tuesday I was one weight, Wednesday I was up two full pounds! No cheat, nothing. I doubt in your case it was the tomatoes - I eat small amounts multiple times a week in my salad (with my coach's okay) so I don't think that's it.

The good news is that it's likely temporary and could be related to water retention or something like that. Hope it melts away quickly!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #12  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

HAPPY MONDAY! .... I know.. it's a contradiction.. you can smack me later! But when you do, make sure you smack me hard enough to knock a pound or two off!

Coffee and IP breakfast,work... ready to go home now!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #13  
IP started 5.31.12

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

thorfinn - YAY! it's moments like those that give me the kick in the butt to keep going sometimes.

dizzyjean - CONGRATS! Great job!! I don't think I could totally cut restricted - they are a nice treat for me.

IPdivajen - keeping my fingers crossed that the scale is in your favor!

No big news here in Maryland. I had a tough weekend - I seemed to struggle every day and we were busy! Also, our 9 month old is not sleeping well. I think it's a combo of teething and growth spurt. I think I am going to go to bed tonight when the kids do - I am that tired. Also TOM arrived so I think that contributed to everything. My husband and I did get to go to the movies on Saturday night to see Snow White and the Huntsman - I really enjoyed it. I mean who doesn't like Chris Hemsworth?!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!
Just a quick check in to say HI and wish you all a fantastic Monday!
Will check in later. Have a happy OP day!!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #15  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Hey Everyone...I need help...i lost 70 lbs in 20 weeks...the program is amazing...
this last year has been one of the tuffest years...I have a grandaughter we almost lost 3 times..due to Lyme disease...we have been hit with a lot of different things this year...and I stopped taking care of myself...
I have to take off 20 lbs...and I just need someone to listen to me...
My Grandaughter is going to make it..we are so grateful and blessed by her regaining her health...now I need my health back...
I am starting back this morning on program...I have a cute yellow dress I want to wear for my birthday on August 3rd...but right now its toooo tight....
So here I am and I need help.....
Thank you for listening to me today....
Well you know we are ALL here for you! It's the tough years that make us stronger ya know. "Its the Test that makes the Testimony." Someone told me that once. There is no other place that you could go at any time of day and get the support that you can get here!
Proud of you for getting back on the hourse... that's a big deal! I have been going through caos and the one of the things that keeps me grounded and centered is the fact that i can depend on the diet. It's my rock right now. It keeps me scheduled and my break from the caos. "hold on.. it's noon.. i got to eat!" gives me my alone time, down time to just be a mini break LOL Even with all the water.. i find bathroom time a good time LOL Use the diet as your rock. It's helped me.. might help you!
And that dress will look fabulous on you, cant wait to see the pictures!
Closed Thread