Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #16  
Senior Member
 
BLUEJEWEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 195

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Default

First WI, down 7.4, am very glad! I think I may have finally found the program for me. It is going very well, other than having likely having too much gum (rookie!) I believe I was 100% OP! and it worked.
I am looking forward to this week, ready to get out of the 180's!
My days menu:
shake
4 oz chik pattie with baked zuchinni/crook neck squash
bar
4 oz beef pattie with baked zuchinni/crook neck squash
shake

See I this is all still so new I am not bored with eating the same thing, so that is the really easy part! i do drink a ton of iced coffee through out the day though. And water of course.

Happy monday!
BLUEJEWEL is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #17  
Senior Member
 
Ticiabean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 102

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Lightbulb Thanks for the reassurance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
No massive words of wisdom for you, just wanted to commiserate. Same thing happened to me last week - Tuesday I was one weight, Wednesday I was up two full pounds! No cheat, nothing. I doubt in your case it was the tomatoes - I eat small amounts multiple times a week in my salad (with my coach's okay) so I don't think that's it.

The good news is that it's likely temporary and could be related to water retention or something like that. Hope it melts away quickly!

I appreciate your response! I think you might be on to something. My TOM should start Sunday. But I was still a little discouraged because my husband has lost 12lbs in 1 week! thanks for your words of encouragement!
Ticiabean is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #18  
Healthy Living :)
 
Ravenswood2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Small town outside of Pittsburgh PA.
Posts: 188

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Default

Have a great OP/IP day & week everyone!!!
Ravenswood2012 is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #19  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
rissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 472

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
So I've felt like crap all week. I took it to mean I was in ketosis (especilly since I was losing weight. Last night I made dinner and added tomatoes to my meal of the first time since I've been OP. Well at WI this morning I gained 2lbs. Was I supposed to avoid tomatoes? It was on the list of things I could have once weekly.....Tommorrow will be my first week's WI and so far I've lost 4lbs. Has anyone else run across a limite veggie thrown them out of ketosis? Or could it have been something else that caused it?
Eating tomatoes will not knock you out of ketosis. It takes a lot to knock you out. I honestly do not think the gain is due to eating them. You are allowed to have them twice a week. The gain could be due to water retention, stress, too much salt, etc... or it could just be your body messing with you. I've been dealing with the gain and loss, gain and loss for the past month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Hey Everyone...I need help...i lost 70 lbs in 20 weeks...the program is amazing...
this last year has been one of the tuffest years...I have a grandaughter we almost lost 3 times..due to Lyme disease...we have been hit with a lot of different things this year...and I stopped taking care of myself...
I have to take off 20 lbs...and I just need someone to listen to me...
My Grandaughter is going to make it..we are so grateful and blessed by her regaining her health...now I need my health back...
I am starting back this morning on program...I have a cute yellow dress I want to wear for my birthday on August 3rd...but right now its toooo tight....
So here I am and I need help.....
Thank you for listening to me today....
Sorry to hear about your granddaughter and glad to har that she is getting better. Now it's time to take a little time for yourself and get yourself back as well. We are here for you. You have done it once, you know what to do and how to do it. Keeping you in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
NSV - Not feeling self-conscious with my shirt off on the boat all weekend
Congratulations!!!!!
rissimo is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #20  
Senior Member
 
rvingprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brampton, Ont. Canada
Posts: 115

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Default

Good morning everyone, I hope that everyone had a great weekend and stayed OP. I have my WI one day earlier this week (Tuesday evening) as my coach will be at his kids graduation ceremony on Wed. I hope this week goes by fast as I start my holidays this weekend Yahoo!
rvingprincess is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #21  
Senior Member
 
MaMaZu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 348

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
First WI, down 7.4, am very glad! I think I may have finally found the program for me. It is going very well, other than having likely having too much gum (rookie!) I believe I was 100% OP! and it worked.
I am looking forward to this week, ready to get out of the 180's!
My days menu:
shake
4 oz chik pattie with baked zuchinni/crook neck squash
bar
4 oz beef pattie with baked zuchinni/crook neck squash
shake

See I this is all still so new I am not bored with eating the same thing, so that is the really easy part! i do drink a ton of iced coffee through out the day though. And water of course.

Happy monday!
Great weigh-in!! Sometimes keeping it simple really helps; I know it did for me especially at first.
I don't see your 3rd product listed, make sure you get that in as well.

Last edited by MaMaZu; 06-25-2012 at 09:53 AM.
MaMaZu is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #22  
began IP May 25
 
greeniris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: northern MI
Posts: 802

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Happy Monday - looking forward to an OP week with lots of sunshine here, and somewhat cooler temps - yay! Had a busy weekend and lost at least 1 lb I think. Loading/unloading rocks helped, I'm sure! I'm so out of shape, so could only do 2 loads (approx a full wheelbarrow amount each time). We are gradually getting the yard in shape. Next, have to tackle cleaning out the garage for a garage sale.

Love the NSVs...they come in so many ways - congrats Thorfinn on yours this weekend!

Good luck on all the WIs today, and seize the day!
greeniris is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #23  
Senior Member
 
BLUEJEWEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 195

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Great weigh-in!! Sometimes keeping it simple really helps; I know it did for me especially at first.
I don't see your 3rd product listed, make sure you get that in as well.
thanks mama-zu the bar is between the meals...that is right, right?
BLUEJEWEL is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #24  
Began IP 3-29-2012
 
usmcvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Barre, Vermont
Posts: 1,693

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
NSV - Not feeling self-conscious with my shirt off on the boat all weekend
Your Sexy and you know it. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. Well my kids could sing it better. Way to go dude. Proud of you. Inthoughtbabout you yesterday as I was at the pool with the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Stephany asked for this to be posted here, it was the last post of the weekend thread...

Freaking out a little bit!
Today is mine and my DF's 8th anniversary. We went to my sons meet and greet for football at the lake today, that was pretty fun. Then we went to the Soltace Festival, lots of fun! They close down about a square mile of roads downtown to open it for foot traffic. Lots of fun! Then we went to a couple of stores together and Jesse bought me a Ninja for our anniversary my old food processor has been really messing up, leaking and I think its out of balance. After that we went to Shogun Japanese Restaraunt and I'm worried I might have messed up program wise. I think they use butter, garlic, terryaki, and soy sauce to cook the meat in. I looked up the nurtritional content of terryaki and it didnt look like it was enough to put me out of ketosis so I just 'forgot' about it. Until now that is. I started getting a headache about an hour ago and I have had a salt lick twice now and it hasnt helped. I am also midway through my TOM so it could be that. Needless to say I am a little freaked out now that I pushed myself out of ketosis. I have had 144 ounces of water today, so it isnt that either.

Here is what I ate today:
Breakfast: Chocolate shake with WF chocolate dip and some Stevia
Lunch: 1 Cup red bell pepper, Vanilla peanut bar
Dinner: 1 Cup mixed veggies, 5 oz fillet mignon, 3 oz lobster, japanese clear soup (not sure I got that name right)
Snack: 2 Cups stewed rhubarb with WF marshmellow, Stevia, WF syrup. IP chocolate ice cream (made in my new ice cream maker)

The new daily chat thread hasnt been made yet, but if someone is willing to put this post into it I would be grateful. I would really like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks
___________
Don't stress over it. Just learn from it I went to Applebee's last week and asked about the steak. I was assured it had nothing but salt and pepper on it I took a bite and it tasted like something more. The waitress double checked and said just salt and pepper so I ate it. Still not 100% sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Hey Everyone...I need help...i lost 70 lbs in 20 weeks...the program is amazing...
this last year has been one of the tuffest years...I have a grandaughter we almost lost 3 times..due to Lyme disease...we have been hit with a lot of different things this year...and I stopped taking care of myself...
I have to take off 20 lbs...and I just need someone to listen to me...
My Grandaughter is going to make it..we are so grateful and blessed by her regaining her health...now I need my health back...
I am starting back this morning on program...I have a cute yellow dress I want to wear for my birthday on August 3rd...but right now its toooo tight....
So here I am and I need help.....
Thank you for listening to me today....
you cand do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy25 View Post
Good morning everyone! Yesterday I had my most exciting weightloss/IP moment. I was able to fit into a pair of scrub pants (and looked pretty darn good if I say so myself!) that I couldn't even get up over my hips 4 weeks ago! I don't weigh in until tomorrow, but I can't wait to see what the scale says. I hope everyone has an awesome IP day!!!!
Yeah for looking good and feeling good.

NSV for me today. I went shopping in the basement this morning and found two pair of shorts I put away a few years ago. I put them on and they fit so the ones I've been wearing can be given away because they're way too big. These were my favorite shorts and they don't make them anymore so I am pretty happy.
usmcvet is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #25  
Member
 
Thorfinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vermont
Posts: 70

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Your Sexy and you know it. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. Well my kids could sing it better. Way to go dude. Proud of you. Inthoughtbabout you yesterday as I was at the pool with the kids.
Thanks everyone

vet....I've got 4 day weekends for the rest of the summer so if you want to get out on the reservoir with me just let me know bud

She's in the shop now getting a new tank vent hose & starter (no major issues this weekend...just preventative) but should be good to go by the end of the week.
Thorfinn is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #26  
Began IP 3-29-2012
 
usmcvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Barre, Vermont
Posts: 1,693

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
Thanks everyone

vet....I've got 4 day weekends for the rest of the summer so if you want to get out on the reservoir with me just let me know bud

She's in the shop now getting a new tank vent hose & starter (no major issues this weekend...just preventative) but should be good to go by the end of the week.
Cool. Gone next week to MA to see the folks on the fourth but following that not many plans. Surgery on my left wrist for carpal tunnel on the 9th and outta commission for a few weeks. Might be good timing. Should I get my fishing license, will you be fishing?
usmcvet is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #27  
Senior Member
 
MaMaZu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 348

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
thanks mama-zu the bar is between the meals...that is right, right?
That's when I have mine, some have theirs for breakfast and the shake after lunch.
MaMaZu is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #28  
Member
 
Thorfinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vermont
Posts: 70

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Cool. Gone next week to MA to see the folks on the fourth but following that not many plans. Surgery on my left wrist for carpal tunnel on the 9th and outta commission for a few weeks. Might be good timing. Should I get my fishing license, will you be fishing?
I fish when the mood strikes. Caught a couple nice smallmouth bass last night waiting for the ramp to clear out.

Couldn't hurt to get the license....I've always got a couple rods & tackle on board just in case.
Thorfinn is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #29  
Started IP 12 Apr 12
 
shathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 412

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Default

Good morning everyone, please have a wonderful week!
shathom is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #30  
Member
 
darcrista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: baltimore, md
Posts: 91

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Hey Everyone...I need help...i lost 70 lbs in 20 weeks...the program is amazing...
this last year has been one of the tuffest years...I have a grandaughter we almost lost 3 times..due to Lyme disease...we have been hit with a lot of different things this year...and I stopped taking care of myself...
I have to take off 20 lbs...and I just need someone to listen to me...
My Grandaughter is going to make it..we are so grateful and blessed by her regaining her health...now I need my health back...
I am starting back this morning on program...I have a cute yellow dress I want to wear for my birthday on August 3rd...but right now its toooo tight....
So here I am and I need help.....
Thank you for listening to me today....

Nothing is scarier than a really sick child.. SO glad she is going to be OK. I think only gaining 20 is not so bad, considering.. Good luck to you on getting back to optimal health. You can do it!

----

GM IPs, Checked the scale this morning.. no gain, no loss over the weekend. Probably could have had a loss if I hadn't had those drinks. Oh well. Thanks for all your words of encouragement about that, btw. This morning I had my iced coffee out on our new patio while my son and dogs played about. It was nice. Busy week ahead, preparing to head to NY for my sister's wedding. Final dress fitting on Wednesday eve. Cutting it close here. Last time I tried it on, I liked it a lot. Much, much more than if I had not started this diet. Now I wish I could just hook the vacuum up and suck the fat out of my upper arms before this weekend. LOL I don't think I've lost any fat from that area. Have a good week everyone. :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4320.jpg (30.2 KB, 18 views)
darcrista is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Monday 06/18/12 rissimo Ideal Protein Diet 133 06-19-2012 04:58 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.