Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #376  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
So, my next question is, when adding a sauce or other addition to a daily packet you are adding carbs. For example the bella vita pasta sauce has 4g of carbs per serving. Does any one know how many carbs we should have daily? I like to add veggi cheese to some of my meals and depending on which flavor you get you could add carbs. I don't want to make a speg dinner using the packet, bella vita sauce and veggie cheese and end up going over the daily carb allowance. Any ideas on what the carb limit is?
scorbett could probably answer you much better than me...
all i would say is that i only have the pasta and sauce OCCASIONALLY...like maybe 1 or 2 times a MONTH as my pasta fix. i think as long as you make sure the rest of your day is filled with lower carbs choices than you'd be ok. i use the veggie parmesan cheese, bella vita sauce and pasta...and have a lettuce and red onion salad with it, and so far, it has not hindered my journey.

you can also make your own marinara sauce which is what i did before i found the bella vita.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #377  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
So, my next question is, when adding a sauce or other addition to a daily packet you are adding carbs. For example the bella vita pasta sauce has 4g of carbs per serving. Does any one know how many carbs we should have daily? I like to add veggi cheese to some of my meals and depending on which flavor you get you could add carbs. I don't want to make a speg dinner using the packet, bella vita sauce and veggie cheese and end up going over the daily carb allowance. Any ideas on what the carb limit is?
If you are following the IP protocol, your daily carb intake from all sources should be somewhere in the 30-40g range. If you are using the version of IP that is for diabetics and those who don't tolerate the standard protocol well, it's probably a little higher.

If you use veggie shreds in SMALL amounts (2Tbsp of shreds, one slice of cheese) you should be below 1g carb, any more than that and "technically" you'd be falling off "standard" protocol. Part of the beauty of IP is NOT having to carb count because it's all figured out for you.

I personally wouldn't use any sauce that has carbs on the label without first making absolutely certain there is no added sugar in the sauce. MANY prepackaged sauces have sugar in them. When I make anything that would normally have pasta sauce on it, I've been using the Roasted Red Pepper puree "sauce" that LizRR posted in her Fun with Veggie Purees thread - no additives and you can just count the sauce in your daily veggie allotment.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
If you are following the IP protocol, your daily carb intake from all sources should be somewhere in the 30-40g range. If you are using the version of IP that is for diabetics and those who don't tolerate the standard protocol well, it's probably a little higher.

If you use veggie shreds in SMALL amounts (2Tbsp of shreds, one slice of cheese) you should be below 1g carb, any more than that and "technically" you'd be falling off "standard" protocol. Part of the beauty of IP is NOT having to carb count because it's all figured out for you.

I personally wouldn't use any sauce that has carbs on the label without first making absolutely certain there is no added sugar in the sauce. MANY prepackaged sauces have sugar in them. When I make anything that would normally have pasta sauce on it, I've been using the Roasted Red Pepper puree "sauce" that LizRR posted in her Fun with Veggie Purees thread - no additives and you can just count the sauce in your daily veggie allotment.
Thank you! I was able to find the recipe! I'll try that one tonight!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

For all of you looking for alternatives to the Ideal protein RTD shakes, here is a picture of the Dr.Bernstein RTD shakes to compare. You can order them from:
http://store.drbdiet.com/ They are 12$ for a pack of 6. I will repost tonight if they taste the same as I have my drink as my before bed snack and because I am on night shifts that will not be until 6am tomorrow morning
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1825.JPG (71.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 11-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #380  

Height: 5'6"

Not that this hasn't been mentioned many times in product reviews...but..the cocomint pudding/shake and the mocha wafers have lived up to their reputation. Definitely my 2 new favorites. Thanks to everyone who has recommended them.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #381  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
Not that this hasn't been mentioned many times in product reviews...but..the cocomint pudding/shake and the mocha wafers have lived up to their reputation. Definitely my 2 new favorites. Thanks to everyone who has recommended them.

i have 3 mocha wafers for trade....as i found them too sweet for me.
have anything you want to trade???
Old 11-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #382  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

i have 3 mocha wafers for trade....as i found them too sweet for me.
have anything you want to trade???

If you're interested, I have an IP vanilla drink packet and 4 packets of Healthsmart cheesecake pudding/shake that aren't my favorites, lol??? I haven't tried anything else from my brand new Nashua box yet...
Old 11-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #383  

S/C/G: 148.5/148.5/139(or lower)

Height: 5'0"

Hi guys think my weight increased to 151 Bc of TOM so I updated the ticker ...well Istarted on Tuesday Nov.6 and I am 149.6 YESSSSSS. I am doing well thanks to my zillion questions and helpful forum posters. Thank you guys!!! 138 is the goal burk will take 135. I got a sample from bariatricfoodsource.com (same as ddirect.com but cheaper) I love their Carmel Crunch bars (wig I could make them) lil Anyhow I saw the post about Veggie Shreds in the green packing assummed...I had those and threw them out Bc ILOVE CHEESE...(they actually don't taste like cheese or anything reallybut they look like cheese ..good enough for me...lil. Iwould love a alt for cheese, chips (tortillas) and sausa and bread (would love a sandwich). (If I can buy products in store it would be ok too...any suggestions? Thankssss
Old 11-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #384  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimorea View Post
Hi guys think my weight increased to 151 Bc of TOM so I updated the ticker ...well Istarted on Tuesday Nov.6 and I am 149.6 YESSSSSS. I am doing well thanks to my zillion questions and helpful forum posters. Thank you guys!!! 138 is the goal burk will take 135. I got a sample from bariatricfoodsource.com (same as ddirect.com but cheaper) I love their Carmel Crunch bars (wig I could make them) lil Anyhow I saw the post about Veggie Shreds in the green packing assummed...I had those and threw them out Bc ILOVE CHEESE...(they actually don't taste like cheese or anything reallybut they look like cheese ..good enough for me...lil. Iwould love a alt for cheese, chips (tortillas) and sausa and bread (would love a sandwich). (If I can buy products in store it would be ok too...any suggestions? Thankssss
Unfortunately other than the Veggie shreds (in VERY small amounts) there's no good subsitute for cheese that is Phase 1 legal, same goes for bread. When you are looking at "chips" just make sure you are careful about the carb content - anything over 9g carbs per serving is considered restricted, and I consider anything over 15g carbs to be "super restricted" - as in, only have once or twice a week. Salsa is something you can make yourself, using one of your two servings per week of tomato, some lime juice, jalapeno peppers, garlic and cilantro.

I don't know if there is an alternative product that works, but Rainbow has posted a recipe to make english muffins from IP packets, that can be used as bread.

Last edited by scorbett1103; 11-10-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #385  

Net Carbs: just double checking myself, if carbs less fiber is 9 or below, unrestricted?
Old 11-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #386  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
Net Carbs: just double checking myself, if carbs less fiber is 9 or below, unrestricted?
8 or below is unrestricted, 9 or above is restricted. But yes you can count NET carbs (total carbs minus dietary fiber)
Old 11-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #387  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

I just got my box of goodies from doctorsbest....I am very impressed. They have very quick shipping. I barely ordered them on the 5th and they got here to ALASKA so quick! I don't like to order from Nashua because it takes about a month to get my stuff... anyway...not their fault, I just live so far! Anyway, here is what I got:

Creamy Cappuccino Drink - Decaffeinated (cookies)
Creamy Cheesecake Dessert (Cheesecakes)
ProtiDiet Honey Nut Soy Cereal (Thought about crushing this up and trying to make the pancake out of it...)
Double Chocolate Cake...Rainbow's truffles coming my way!! YEAH!!
ProtiDiet Roasted & Salted Soy Nuts
Kay's Naturals Lemon Herb Protein Chips..in place of the curls in the pizza crust Rainbow makes... hopefully it will work...
ProtiDiet Chocolate Fudge Cake
Kay's Naturals Lemon Herb Protein Chips (I accidentally ordered this one...)
Cocomint Cream Pudding & Shake Mix - Aspartame Free ...when I have this I will be thinking of Scorbett!

Most of this stuff I bought so that I can make some things for Thanksgiving and Christmas. So happy to get it today!!!

Last edited by fourstubbs; 11-10-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I made a waffle from that protidiet cereal, and it was good.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #389  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim62 View Post
Hello everyone - I'm new here, but my husband and I have both been on the IdealProtein plan for almost 2 months now. He's lost 26 pounds and I have lost 20.2. YES!

Anyway - my reason for posting here is to let you know that we use the IP ready-made vanilla drink as a creamer for our hot tea at night, and I think I found a good substitute. It's called Soy Slender, and it's made by WestSoy. We use the Vanilla flavor. An 8oz serving has 70 calories, 4g total carbs, 3g dietary fiber, less than 1g sugars and 6g of protein.

Since we don't drink this as a meal, I'm not concerned about the protein difference, and the other counts (calories & carbs) are less than the IP ready-made Vanilla drink! We put a shot of it and several pumps of sugar-free Torani syrup into our hot tea, and it tastes almost like a hot drink you'd get at a fancy coffee shop!

Thanks for the threads, everyone - this is a great, supportive group!
Earlier on I checked the nutritional values on the various soy milk and almond milk products, and personally prefer to use the unsweetened almond milk. I use Blue Diamond brand, and it's nutritional values for an 8 oz serving are: 40 cals; 3.5g fat; 2g carbs; 1 g fiber; 0g sugars, and 1g protein. I use this all the time instead of milk (or the vanilla RTD) in my tea.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #390  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
8 or below is unrestricted, 9 or above is restricted. But yes you can count NET carbs (total carbs minus dietary fiber)
Thank you mam!! I was close..but wrong, lol.
Closed Thread