Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 148.5/148.5/139(or lower)

Height: 5'0"

Default Questions...

Questions:'1.)What to do if you are hungry between meals?
For this thread are people following the IP Protocol or WS etc?
I remember seeing a PDF for Alternative Protocol for IP, does anyone else viewed that pdf on the forum?
How to stay OP and accountable? (because there are no meetings etc)
What to do about wine...lol
Old 11-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #302  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
Has anyone tried Power Crunch bars? I picked them up at Walmart. It appears that they only sell them loose (at least at my store). They had vanilla and chocolate. I can give a good review to the vanilla. It is a creme filled wafer bar, and it had a tiny bit of saltiness to it, which really added to the flavor. They are $1.18 each. Here are the stats:

calories: 205 (a little high, but it is a large bar)
carb: 10g, 1 g fiber, net=9
protein 14 g (chocolate has 13g)

Not totally ideal, but a good choice to shake things up, and I like findings things I don't have to have shipped to me. According to the wrapper, they also make PB, Cookies and Creme, PB Fudge, and Wild Berry, but those flavors were not available in my store.
YES YES YES....i love these bars!! i have mentioned them several times in my posts!! these are the ONLY bars i have found that i LOVE!! i have every flavor!!!
peanut butter creme is my favorite!!! here is the order i like them
1. peanut butter creme
2. peanut butter fudge
3. cookies and cream
4. vanilla
5. wildberry
6. chocolate

most of the time i cut mine into thirds...and will have 1/3 of 3 different flavors!! then just place them into a lock n lock to stay fresh.

the wildberry is very sweet!! my tastes on super sweet things has diminished otherwise this one might be my favorite!!

they are wafer layered and crispy and crunchy and the pb flavor is very peanut buttery!!!

harris teeter sells them but i mostly order from www.drugstore.com as they seem to have a low price. amazon also has them as does walmart.

hope that helps!!!

ps...they DO NOT TRAVEL WELL IN HEAT!!! so make sure if you travel with them to keep in a baggie in a cooler!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #303  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
YES YES YES....i love these bars!! i have mentioned them several times in my posts!! these are the ONLY bars i have found that i LOVE!!
How did I manage to miss them?! So glad I found them. I always check the protein bar section of whatever stores I am in, you never know what you might find. Glad I found this one- I am definitely going to have to try the other flavors!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightwad View Post
I usually do 2 drinks (drinking them hot now) and the veggies as well as a Kroger low carb yogurt or a bar. Plus of course the protein (fish or chicken). I eat a Salad if I have one made...I don't use tomatoes (I thought they were forbidden) but instead do Romaine, Spinach, celery, radishes, cucumber, bell peppers and green onions. I find the WF ranch dressing to be ok and sometimes I toss the salad with some olive oil to get that in.
I think you can have tomatoes once a week. I thought that free salads were to be made with iceberg lettuce. Isn't romaine, spinach, celery, radishes, cucumber, bell peppers and green onions counted as vegetables?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightwad View Post
I usually do 2 drinks (drinking them hot now) and the veggies as well as a Kroger low carb yogurt or a bar. Plus of course the protein (fish or chicken). I eat a Salad if I have one made...I don't use tomatoes (I thought they were forbidden) but instead do Romaine, Spinach, celery, radishes, cucumber, bell peppers and green onions. I find the WF ranch dressing to be ok and sometimes I toss the salad with some olive oil to get that in.
Check the phase 1 sheet in the stickies. Tomatoes can be eaten twice a week. Lettuce doesn't count towards your 4 c. of veggies. I'm not sure, but my interpretation of the sheet's lettuce reference to be all lettuce, not just one kind. I treat all lettuce as unlimited.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #306  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimorea View Post
I remember seeing a PDF for Alternative Protocol for IP, does anyone else viewed that pdf on the forum?
Have a great big salad for the hungries, just make sure anything you put on it is 0/0/0 cal/fat/carb.

I think most people are following IP protocol using alternative foods. Although, some may deviate slightly from strict IP.

Skip the wine for now
Old 11-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Thank you Diane! I am getting so close to phasing off and joining all of you maintainers! I am struggling with these last pounds though. I am really going to get back to tracking and measuring to see if it helps. Any advice?
Hmmmm, did you stop seeing your coach?* Maybe check with Lisa here.* I know she broke a stall going to Phase 2 or Phase 3 and then back to Phase 1 again.* But it is very difficult near the end, and basically I just gave up on those last five pounds for now thinking I will go after them after Thanksgiving.* I wanted to phase off before my vacation.* Now that vacation is over, however, I am having a heck of a time getting refocused and my scale is still up about five pounds from where it was when I left for vacation.* It is that stinking wine!*
Old 11-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #308  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Hmmmm, did you stop seeing your coach?* Maybe check with Lisa here.* I know she broke a stall going to Phase 2 or Phase 3 and then back to Phase 1 again.* But it is very difficult near the end, and basically I just gave up on those last five pounds for now thinking I will go after them after Thanksgiving.* I wanted to phase off before my vacation.* Now that vacation is over, however, I am having a heck of a time getting refocused and my scale is still up about five pounds from where it was when I left for vacation.* It is that stinking wine!*
I do not see my coach anymore and I switched to alternatives. I think my problem is that I have been too lax in my measuring and my water. I am going to track EVERYTHING and see what happens. I want wine (or margaritas) for my birthday but I am not phasing off until I get at least 10 pounds off. FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS. I am also going to eat less carby veggies this week to see what happens.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #309  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
YES YES YES....i love these bars!! i have mentioned them several times in my posts!! these are the ONLY bars i have found that i LOVE!! i have every flavor!!!
1. peanut butter creme
2. peanut butter fudge
3. cookies and cream
4. vanilla
5. wildberry
6. chocolate

most of the time i cut mine into thirds...and will have 1/3 of 3 different flavors!! then just place them into a lock n lock to stay fresh.

the wildberry is very sweet!! my tastes on super sweet things has diminished otherwise this one might be my favorite!!

they are wafer layered and crispy and crunchy and the pb flavor is very peanut buttery!!!

harris teeter sells them but i mostly order from www.drugstore.com as they seem to have a low price. amazon also has them as does walmart.

hope that helps!!!

ps...they DO NOT TRAVEL WELL IN HEAT!!! so make sure if you travel with them to keep in a baggie in a cooler!!!
I wasn't aware of the BNRG Power Crunch Bar, and googled to find more info and where I might be able to purchase it in Canada They sound good - I'm tempted. I love the fact that there are no sugar alcohols. However, I'm concerned about the fat content... as far as I can see (and I just did a quick review) they have 12-13g fat/bar. Most of the bars I've been using are more in the 5-8g fat/bar range. I believe the range in IP bars is between 3-7g fat/bar.
Here's the nutritional info for the BNRG French Vanilla Creme Power Crunch bar: Nutrition Facts: per 1 Bar (40g) Calories 205 Fat 12g Saturated Fat 5g TransFat 0g Cholesterol <0mg>Sodium 75mg Potassium 115mg Carbohydrate 10g Fiber 1g Sugar 5g Protein 14g
Old 11-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #310  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I do not see my coach anymore and I switched to alternatives. I think my problem is that I have been too lax in my measuring and my water. I am going to track EVERYTHING and see what happens. I want wine (or margaritas) for my birthday but I am not phasing off until I get at least 10 pounds off. FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS. I am also going to eat less carby veggies this week to see what happens.
Hgamroth, your metamorphisis is amazing! You look fantastic! I'm having somewhat the same issues as you... only 15 lbs to remain between me and my goal weight, but I'm finding it much more difficult to stick firm to my plan. Hang in there, and I'm doing my best to do the same.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #311  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hgamroth, your metamorphisis is amazing! You look fantastic! I'm having somewhat the same issues as you... only 15 lbs to remain between me and my goal weight, but I'm finding it much more difficult to stick firm to my plan. Hang in there, and I'm doing my best to do the same.
Lets help each other! PM me anytime! I made pizza rolls last night for the hubs and kids knowing how hard it would be to resist. I did it! no bites. I am trying to force myself into being strong. I haven't been cheating at all, just not tracking and measuring. I am sure I have been going over in veggies. We need to shake things up and stick to the sheet EXACTLY.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #312  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

I just tried several products on a recent Nashua order, and they aren't my favorites
Proti-Thin Sour Cream and Onion snacks
Proti-Diet Protein Crisps - BBQ and White Cheddar

I much prefer the snacks from Wonderslim/Weight Loss Systems.

Quote:
1. peanut butter creme
2. peanut butter fudge
3. cookies and cream
4. vanilla
5. wildberry
6. chocolate
I just ordered this from Drugstore, thanks for the recommendation!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #313  

Default Low Carb Tortillas

Anyone try these? Just wondering if they would be okay as a restricted or a big no-no?

http://www.latortillafactory.com/products-3.aspx
Old 11-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

What does everyone use to get their collagen in? I usually drank the Blueberry-Cran drink, but I didn't see anything like it on Nashua. Also, I'm in a bit of a pickle because I don't like jello, so the cran drink was really my only collagen source on IP.

Any advice?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #315  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimorea View Post
I eat lettuce salads, drink a LOT of water, and if it's bad I'll use my 2 egg whites to make a little snack omelette.
Folks here are generally following the IP protocol, just using other brands instead of IP products.
The Alternative Protocol is for diabetics or folks who don't tolerate the standard protocol well. It's similar but incorporates more regular foods, the losses are slower but for some it's the only way they can do IP.
I have friends who keep me accountable, and a slinky dress I REALLY want to fit into - setting goals, having people around to help keep you on track, and keeping a community of people in the same boat (like here) all help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
I think you can have tomatoes once a week. I thought that free salads were to be made with iceberg lettuce. Isn't romaine, spinach, celery, radishes, cucumber, bell peppers and green onions counted as vegetables?
Lettuce is all lettuce excluding "field greens" like mesclun, Spring Mix salad, etc. Romaine, butter, iceberg all count as "freebie" lettuce. Tomatoes are ok to have 2 cups per week (two servings of 1 cup each). Everything else on the list you mentioned also needs to be measured and counted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirStories View Post
What does everyone use to get their collagen in? I usually drank the Blueberry-Cran drink, but I didn't see anything like it on Nashua. Also, I'm in a bit of a pickle because I don't like jello, so the cran drink was really my only collagen source on IP.

Any advice?
I am a jello girl - but Proti Diet makes a grape drink concentrate that is a collagen product. You may want to give that a try
Closed Thread