Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #136  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Im actually currently investigating into egg white protein shakes...whey and soy just dont sit very well with me..and i find the taste of both to be less then appealing..but i heard that egg white protein shakes are really good and mix well and provide one of the best proteins...

I agree with the OP who said syntrax is good.. I actually liked there stuff.. i got the fuzzy navel flavour and loved it..tasted just like orange juice.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #137  

I am checking in here because I've been getting frustrated. Where i was initially losing weight every day now it is every 3rd or 4th day it seems. I am using Bariwise shakes, Proti diet soup, and Atkins bars but maybe it is the bars that are a problem? I guess i will try cutting them out but i am getting so bored with my diet. I have a herniated disc so i can't do much exercise and i know that is not helping. I also have back surgery coming up & have a question about whether i should stop the diet (and how) but I will post that in another thread.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnewme View Post
I am checking in here because I've been getting frustrated. Where i was initially losing weight every day now it is every 3rd or 4th day it seems. I am using Bariwise shakes, Proti diet soup, and Atkins bars but maybe it is the bars that are a problem? I guess i will try cutting them out but i am getting so bored with my diet. I have a herniated disc so i can't do much exercise and i know that is not helping. I also have back surgery coming up & have a question about whether i should stop the diet (and how) but I will post that in another thread.
The Atkins bars Are too high in carbs, fat and calories, not a good replacement. Pure Protein is much closer to the IP bars.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Has anyone tried the Charles Bars? They are supposed to be premium chocolate and target market appears to be diabetics. Low carb but have 15 or so g fat and around 180-200 calories, so seem a little high for phase 1-3, maybe a good choice in maintenance. Just wondering.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

I got a cocoamint bar sample in my order last week- AMAZING!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I am very new, but just want to reiterate how great it is to have this community that shares so much information!! My coach didn't even pretend to answer my questions...he said "look online, 3 fat chicks & you'll get the answers you need". Sadly, I paid for that!! So, again thanks!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #142  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im escaping View Post
I am very new, but just want to reiterate how great it is to have this community that shares so much information!! My coach didn't even pretend to answer my questions...he said "look online, 3 fat chicks & you'll get the answers you need". Sadly, I paid for that!! So, again thanks!
I agree, I have found so much information on this site and I am so grateful!!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Bumping this thread.

Also wanted to say that I've tried the Proti-Diet Orange Drink (the liquid concentrate) and loved it! Ordering two boxes.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth357 View Post
The Atkins bars I saw had sugar alcohols which don't work with me as they WILL knock me out of ketosis I am sensitive to them obviously and almost any sugars actually)...wish they would work though as they do look delicious!

Mylastdiet: I had no idea EAS lo carb shakes came in the other 2 flavors. It's a new world now, oh yeah! I am on a quest to find them now..searching for the holy grail! Haha! Thanks for that info!
Cheers
Jake
I found the simply bar was a good alternative. No sugar alcohols.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #145  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I found the simply bar was a good alternative. No sugar alcohols.
Eww... IMHO... I couldnt stand them because of the soy taste...but thats just me personally...I dont do well with soy tasting or whey tasting things..
Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #146  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Eww... IMHO... I couldnt stand them because of the soy taste...but thats just me personally...I dont do well with soy tasting or whey tasting things..
From reading your past posts, you seem to be sensitive to a lot of things. Thank goodness I'm not.
I really love The Simply Bars. But - they are not all created equal when it comes to considering their applicability for the Ideal Protein diet...if anybody is thinking about ordering them, I encourage them to really check out the nutrition labels, and choose those that are most appropriate. Some have much more sugar than others. My fav is the Coconut Lemon bar.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #147  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

A lot of the things mentioned I can't get in Canada -- or don't know where yet -- but inspired by someone's suggestion to go to Walmart I found
--Muscle Milk Light 100 cal 2.5gF, 4C, 0 g sugar, 15g.Protein (tetrapack premade) for $1.50 a drink
--Pure Protein Shakes 110 cal, 1gF, 5gCarb,1g sugar 21g protein (canned liquid) for $2.50 a can
--Pure Protein 100%Whey powder 140 cal, 3gFat, 4g carb, 2g sugar, 25g protein for half the price of the IP shakes

I like the powders best for blending and adding ice to make a more filling shake, but the can and tetra pack are nice for "on the go"

...hopefully they'll be ok to use.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
From reading your past posts, you seem to be sensitive to a lot of things. Thank goodness I'm not.
I really love The Simply Bars. But - they are not all created equal when it comes to considering their applicability for the Ideal Protein diet...if anybody is thinking about ordering them, I encourage them to really check out the nutrition labels, and choose those that are most appropriate. Some have much more sugar than others. My fav is the Coconut Lemon bar.
Really? I found all of them to be acceptable. I use the peanut butter and chocolate ones all the time. Whic ones would you say wouldn't comply?
Although they do have brown rice syrup and/or agave (really just sugar) so do many ip products and definitely some of the alternatives.
I found you had to try them a few times to get used to the taste and especially the texture! But they are filling.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

I just got my Strawberry Cheesecake bars from Diet Protein To Go and they are wonderful!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #150  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Really? I found all of them to be acceptable. I use the peanut butter and chocolate ones all the time. Whic ones would you say wouldn't comply?
Although they do have brown rice syrup and/or agave (really just sugar) so do many ip products and definitely some of the alternatives.
I found you had to try them a few times to get used to the taste and especially the texture! But they are filling.
You know, I just googled 'The Simply Bar' to review the nutritional labels again... and it's quite strange but the 'The Simply Bar - Peanut Butter Chocolate' bar that I have has't got the same nutritional values as the one at this link:

http://well.ca/products/the-simply-b...ter_15730.html

I'm reading this right from the label of the bar in my hand, and it says:
Calories - 160; Fat 3g; Carbs 16g; Fiber 2g; Sugar 10g; Protein 16g.

It's the sugar and carb level in this bar that bothered me... but it's not showing the same stats as the one at the link - that one only has 3g sugar and 5 net carbs - which would be a very suitable alternative imo. I wonder how come two different sets of values for the same bar? Weird. And what's doubly weird is that I bought my bars from the well.ca website! Along with some lemon coconut ones, that I've since started buying per box through a special order at my local Bulk Barn.
Closed Thread