Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #121  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

EAS Carb AdvantEdge Ready to drink shakes work great...I like all 3 flavors! I get mine at Walmart for $4.74 a 4-pack...its the only shake I am currently using.

I am reviewing some walden farms products on that thread, so check that out also. I have quite a fewmore to try (just got them) so will post on that as I try them...
Cheers
jake
Old 07-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth357 View Post
EAS Carb AdvantEdge Ready to drink shakes work great...I like all 3 flavors! I get mine at Walmart for $4.74 a 4-pack...its the only shake I am currently using.

I am reviewing some walden farms products on that thread, so check that out also. I have quite a fewmore to try (just got them) so will post on that as I try them...
Cheers
jake
Jake, What are the flavors? I thought you mentioned peanut butter but don't see it listed on the EAS website (under Carb Control drinks).
Old 07-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #123  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juelle View Post
I am in Canada and looking at all the alternatives, I would love some Protithin or some Lindora but I don't think shipping would be worth it. Any Suggestions would be adored!

I'm Canadian and using alternative products. I've been buying some products at http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/cat...oducts_id=1217 They have quite a product range of low carb items, some of them very appropriate to be IP alternatives. I've bought many items there, including the cold cereal that the link connects to. They also sell the full line of Walden Farm products. They have free shipping with orders over $99.00

If you're close to a Dr. Bernstein's you can buy products there that are very comparable to IP. Here's their link - http://store.drbdiet.com/ I also bought the Dr. Bernstein's potassium supplements when I needed a replacement.

I've also bought products from ProteinWell - go to http://www.proteinwell.ca/diet-foods
Old 07-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #124  
Dieting Since Birth!

Choco, vanilla and strawberry...

The Peanut butter shake is a powdered mix by heathsmart called chchoRite and I got it from netrition dot com and you can see the nutrition label at
http://www26.netrition.com/healthsma....html#NUTFACTS
It is quite delicious as is the choco fudge brownie flavor...I have these only 2-3 times a week as they are 150 calories...I know its not much but that way I look forward to them and don't feel guilty about the few extra calories.
They have 8 carbs,,,,0 sugar and 5 gr fiber too per serving and 24 gr protein...so not "restricted"...
Cheers
Jake
Old 07-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #125  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Wink

Quote:

The Peanut butter shake is a powdered mix by heathsmart called chchoRite and I got it from netrition dot com and you can see the nutrition label at
It is quite delicious as is the choco fudge brownie flavor...I have these only 2-3 times a week as they are 150 calories...I know its not much but that way I look forward to them and don't feel guilty about the few extra calories.
They have 8 carbs,,,,0 sugar and 5 gr fiber too per serving and 24 gr protein...so not "restricted"...
Cheers
Jake
I use the atkins Rtd chocolate shakes and they are 150 calories and 1 net carb..I think the calorie content is fine. One thing i do though is look at my calories for the day and make sure im not going over 800..I figure its best to start counting calories now while im at it , so i have an understanding for when i end up in maintenance... But basically what i do for my day now is:

Breaky: Shake 150
Lunch: Shake 150 = 300 for the 2
Snack: Jello-no sugar added pudding cup- has 60 calories and only 5 net carbs plus i add in 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter which = 100 calories plus 3 carbs...( i treat this like a restricted, as if it were a bar)

So in total i have 460 calories before dinner
and then dinner time comes and i have 220 calories in 8oz of chicken breast and then a generous helping of salad

If im really really hungry i may add in another shake..but basically ive been doing this like this for a while and ive continuously lost.. So i think it comes down to just watching your overall calorie intake and carb intake..making sure it equals up to IP standards for a day.. which ive come to see is 20-30 net carbs and between 600-900 calories a day.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #126  
Started IPD 6-19-12

S/C/G: 316/298/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
They are kind of low in protein and high in carbs. Most IP products start at 15g of protein +
Thanks Sandra. I feel a real lack of energy when I eat these. I'm gonna stop eating them.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:24 AM   #127  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Quote:

Cheers
jake
I have actually found 5 flavors. In addition to the ones you listed (chocolate fudge, strawberry and vanilla) there is also a caramel cafe and a rich dark chocolate. All flavors are awesome.

When I am making a spinach shake for breakfast, I prefer to use the rich dark chocolate flavor because I don't have to add any WF choc syrup (trying not to add a lot of extras if I can avoid it). For just drinking, I prefer the chocolate fudge flavor as it is a little bit milder and more like chocolate milk. The caramel cafe is one of my favorite treats! I use the sparingly as they are harder to find.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #128  
Dieting Since Birth!

The Atkins bars I saw had sugar alcohols which don't work with me as they WILL knock me out of ketosis I am sensitive to them obviously and almost any sugars actually)...wish they would work though as they do look delicious!

Mylastdiet: I had no idea EAS lo carb shakes came in the other 2 flavors. It's a new world now, oh yeah! I am on a quest to find them now..searching for the holy grail! Haha! Thanks for that info!
Cheers
Jake
Old 07-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #129  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
The Atkins bars I saw had sugar alcohols which don't work with me as they WILL knock me out of ketosis I am sensitive to them obviously and almost any sugars actually)...wish they would work though as they do look delicious!

Mylastdiet: I had no idea EAS lo carb shakes came in the other 2 flavors. It's a new world now, oh yeah! I am on a quest to find them now..searching for the holy grail! Haha! Thanks for that info!
Cheers
Jake
Yah i dont use any of the bars..only the shakes..
Old 07-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 200/145/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:

Cheers
Jake
Jake, How do you know or how will I know, if something looks OK on paper and yet it will knock me out of Ketosis???
Thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 06:00 AM   #131  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Quote:
Cheers
Jake
No problem! I hope the others are easier to find for you than they were for me. Walmart always has the chocolate fudge and vanilla (maybe strawberry??) My local Albertson's will occasionally have the caramel and the dark chocolate. The rich dark chocolate is a hit or miss kind of thing - sometimes walmart has it, sometimes they don't. Strawberry can be a little difficult to locate also.

Good luck to you!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #132  

Quote:

Cheers
Jake
I may have to buy the peanut butter and choco fudge shakes next week. Not out of shakes, just wanting variety.

Which protein powder has the deepest chocolate taste? Dark chocolate taste?

thanks!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #133  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Which protein powder has the deepest chocolate taste? Dark chocolate taste?

thanks!
I'm a Dark Chocolate lover and pretty picky, but my favorite is the Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle. It has zero fat, zero total carbs and only 90 calories. It's available on the Nashua website.

Molly
Old 07-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I'm a Dark Chocolate lover and pretty picky, but my favorite is the Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle. It has zero fat, zero total carbs and only 90 calories. It's available on the Nashua website.

Molly
Hi Molly,
That sounds great. I will order it. Any other protein powders you use?

Also, which are your favorite bars? You find the products with the most favorable nutritional profiles!

thanks!!

Last edited by Chloe222; 07-20-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #135  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi Molly,
That sounds great. I will order it. Any other protein powders you use?

Also, which are your favorite bars? You find the products with the most favorable nutritional profiles!

thanks!!
I have some Isopure mint, but not really excited about it's taste and also, Syntrax Nectar, double stuffed Oreo. Still like the Truffle flavor the best.

I've recently tried the Pure Protein bars. Have not tried the peanut ones. Not necessarily a big peanut fan. I especially like the Chocolate Deluxe, Tried the S'mores to replace the Lindora Dark Chocolate S'mores, but it lost and it's has 25 carbs. Ugh. I like the Lindora S'mores a lot more. I also like the HealthSmart Rocky Road.

I try not to have a lot of bars around. Almost too much temptation.

Molly
Closed Thread