Old 06-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #16  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thkdiff View Post
I really don't like the word "cheat", it only makes us feel like cheaters We're human, need a break, and need to eat what we want some days. The body perhaps craves foods it's missing and wants more food! Don,t get me wrong, eat what you want and get back on the wagon after 2 days, so you haven't caused a huge weight gain. Especially when i workout often, I notice no gain when I have one of those days. Sometimes you'll surprise your body and you end up losing weight. Not encouraging to eat like this every day, but once in a while it's ok.
Are you on IP? Just curious...
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #17  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Well, I can't say we all haven't had a thought, been tempted, heck - I had a cheat dream last night! Point is, we are all human - jump back on OP, and try to evaluate what happened, why it happened and how to avoid it in the future. I think that is a huge part of being successful on IP is being prepared and having an arsenal of coping tools. Remember how you feel now, and how you felt before - forgive yourself, recommit, and kudos for the confession, we are here for you and want you to succeed, but you are the one in control.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #18  

Height: 5'11

No. But my diet is about 30 percent carbs and the rest protein. I workout 5-6 days a week strength training and cardio. Haven't updated my progress , but I don't like to weigh myself, but losing inches for sure. I like to think outside of the norm, listen to myself and try to know what is best for my weight loss, hence think different I may have been a yo yo dieter all my life, but I Know why, and how I can fix it. This is a great inspirational forum and I love to read its struggles and successes , it helps.
Thkdiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thkdiff View Post
No. But my diet is about 30 percent carbs and the rest protein. I workout 5-6 days a week strength training and cardio. Haven't updated my progress , but I don't like to weigh myself, but losing inches for sure. I like to think outside of the norm, listen to myself and try to know what is best for my weight loss, hence think different I may have been a yo yo dieter all my life, but I Know why, and how I can fix it. This is a great inspirational forum and I love to read its struggles and successes , it helps.
The only reason i asked, is that your advice does not work on the IP diet. As we are in a state of ketosis most cheats will knock you out of ketosis, thats why a cheat is such a big deal while on IP. It may take 5-7 days to resume a ketogenic state so for us we essentially lose a week when we cheat. So while outside the norm might be working great for you, 'inside the box' is what we have to follow. We can fix a cheat, but we lose time...
Old 06-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #20  

Height: 5'11

I here you about IP. I just was giving you some support to not feel so bad. I have friends who do extreme Atkins and have a whatever they choose to eat day too. Diet is a diet, but everyone has something they like to stick too, also everybody's body is not the same, so thats why I don't conform
to the norm good luck with your journey ! Best wishes!
Thkdiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #21  

Yep....
Old 06-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBs Mom View Post
I don't know what I would do without you guys - thank you!

Does anyone know if this cheat weekend is going to impact my phase off for vacation, which starts on Friday with phase 2 for a week and is followed by phase 3 for two weeks?
I agree with Wuv...you are close enough to consider doing it now...

I am also going on a long vacation and am phasing to P3 for the vacation then right back to P1 when I return to finish the plan
Old 06-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 179.6 on a quest to 140

Height: 5' 3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
I agree with Wuv...you are close enough to consider doing it now...

I am also going on a long vacation and am phasing to P3 for the vacation then right back to P1 when I return to finish the plan
I decided to Phase 1 it for the week with some extra water. Will start Phase 2 on Friday as planned and move to Phase 3 in two-weeks. Going away for 3 weeks and coming back to Phase 1 for a few weeks then a transition to maintenance. I hope to be in maintenance by the end of September.

I am definitely not back in Ketosis but I am feel good (today at least, yesterday was awful).

I learned my lesson - I have made this twice as hard by cheating - I am starving & craving.
JackBs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBs Mom View Post
I decided to Phase 1 it for the week with some extra water. Will start Phase 2 on Friday as planned and move to Phase 3 in two-weeks. Going away for 3 weeks and coming back to Phase 1 for a few weeks then a transition to maintenance. I hope to be in maintenance by the end of September.

I am definitely not back in Ketosis but I am feel good (today at least, yesterday was awful).

I learned my lesson - I have made this twice as hard by cheating - I am starving & craving.
Almost identical to what I have planned. Glad you learned your lesson but too bad about the cravings and stuff. But still glad you shared with us because it gives us some insight into what happens after a cheat. Good luck