3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/23 - Sun 6/24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261539-ip-weekend-chat-sat-6-23-sun-6-24-a.html)

wuv2bloved 06-23-2012 02:14 AM

IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/23 - Sun 6/24

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Longhorn Energy 06-23-2012 02:17 AM

Hey what are you still doing up lol?

mompattie 06-23-2012 02:36 AM

I'm up too. :-(

wuv2bloved 06-23-2012 02:41 AM

My guy is on the road tonight so I never sleep when he drives at night, I always worry about him and call and check on him like every hour.....lol

Longhorn Energy 06-23-2012 02:49 AM

Well heck...wish we all lived closer, we could get together and have some...water lol

mompattie 06-23-2012 02:50 AM

Aww that's so sweet Wuv! I was asleep but my little boy had a nightmare so I got up with him. A pee and a drink of water. And check on my IPeeps! Sounds like a fun weekend coming up for us. We're off to the lake tomorrow. The boys will have such a blast! And is it the car show this weekend for you?

wuv2bloved 06-23-2012 02:53 AM

yes there is a car show here called Scrapin the coast. Its a bunch of low riders, cars with airbags and stuff like that. We are just going to sit on the beach and watch them go by, to get in its like $15 a person! I ain't payin for that!

Longhorn we would be drinking LOTS of water.....lol

Longhorn Energy 06-23-2012 02:57 AM

Ughhh, so miss drinkin with my buddies...was out tonight with some of my regular party peeps...drank water all night while they all tried to convince me that shots are low calorie lol

What lake you hitting Mom? I was at Rattlesnake yesterday and might hit Lac Pelltier on the weekend.

mompattie 06-23-2012 03:24 AM

I wouldn't pay either wuv, plus sitting on the beach watching soounds wayyyy better anyways!! We're just heading out to a tiny little lake, mot even on the map...of many people, lots of ace Rey, spring fed lake so it's crystal clear, and sit on the dock - which is built over the water! The kids love jumping off, fishing for minnows, etc. I have my packets packed and water! LOL! Will be doing lots of peeing in the bush until we get the water hooked up at the cabin for the season, but that's part of the adventure right?

Longhorn Energy 06-23-2012 03:30 AM

Sounds great! Car show on a beach...or lake...hmmm both sound like a great time!

Well you ladies both have a great weekend, im gonna watch the rest of this movie then might even attempt some sleep. My puppy has decided that she wants to sleep laying across my legs so this should be interesting. She has been a food sharer since i got her now on this diet, she has started eating cucumbers with me every night lol. Very supportive haha

Kinifer03 06-23-2012 03:52 AM

Kinda Down after 2nd weigh-in

Hi I just had my 2nd weigh-in and I feel cheated because I am only down 7 pounds. I know that is a good amount of weight to lose in 2 weeks. But I read other posts and I feel as if I am doing something wrong. I don't really like my coach so I decided to come here for support. Because all I want to do is binge and give up. Any experienced IP's got advice or encouragement?:?:

Cadu 06-23-2012 06:55 AM

Mom Pattie - Dont forget to pack toilet paper!! (thanks for the chuckle this morn)

Kinifer - 7 pound loss in week 2 and you feel cheated? really? When have you ever lost 7 pounds in a week before? celebrate that loss, it is awesome.

Good Morning everybody!

3 weeks from today is our big shin dig so today we will be working on the landscaping to spruce the place up. It will be quite laborious but at least the temperature has dropped so that will help.

Have a great day everyone.

Beanie Mommy 06-23-2012 07:17 AM

Good Morning! Going to Hershey Park today with a friend plus three little kids, yay! Can't wait for the water slides - that's something I haven't done in years bc of not wanting to wear a swimsuit... Silly me.

Have a great weekend!

willsmashfat 06-23-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy (Post 4381136)
Good Morning! Going to Hershey Park today with a friend plus three little kids, yay! Can't wait for the water slides - that's something I haven't done in years bc of not wanting to wear a swimsuit... Silly me.

Have a great weekend!

Whoa! Hershey Park? Hope the slides are not made out of chocolate! Lol.Have a great day. Glad the cat babies are adjusting to their forever home.

Had a great NSV yesterday - did 1 hour of pool aerobics and then played 9 holes of golf. I guess I have more energy than I thought. I guess we are like batteries : we don't know how much energy they have until we use them up.

WingnutandMe 06-23-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy (Post 4381069)
Well heck...wish we all lived closer, we could get together and have some...water lol

You know, for a few weeks, I've been envisioning this huge 3FC IP Forum Homeocming. Somewhere central where we all come to and meet, hug each other :grouphug:, talk, and share our journeys. Only problem, we'd have to find a building with lots of bathrooms. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4381072)
yes there is a car show here called Scrapin the coast. Its a bunch of low riders, cars with airbags and stuff like that. We are just going to sit on the beach and watch them go by, to get in its like $15 a person! I ain't payin for that!

Wuv, I envy you getting to see a car show. First weekend in a while DH and my schedules coincide and not a car show in sight. What's even more discouraging; none of our 11 classics are road worthy right now. DH retires in a month, so here's hoping he can get lots back on the road.

BTW, I thought I've read every daily post for the last few months, but I don't remember hearing much about your new guy. I know he's a long haul trucker and gone a lot. I don't remember you telling us about you first meeting a few weeks ago. At least, what I'm hearing now sounds really positive. Just wondering. :hug:

Quote:

Have a great weekend!

Read about your kitty perils last night, but had no time to post to tell you I'm so happy. Told DH about it and he just can't understand how people can be like that.

I'm sure now you will have the best weekend.

Now for me, WI this morning and had a loss, 2.6#. Thought it would be more after the big ZERO last week, but I am a tad bit short on my water in the last couple days and really L O N G on stress (Thursday was one of the worst at work). Even with the lower loss, I'm into the 220's :dance:and have lost now 62 total pounds. My scale calcs what it sees as my ultimate weight and it is now registering in the lower 160s I may have to adjust my goal. It's just been soooooooo long since I've even been under 200, that 185 seems unattainable, but we'll see in a few months.

Finally, have to tell you this funny NSV. DH has not really said anything to me about my weight loss until last night. Hope you get a laugh from this.

Our conflicting schedules don't give up much time together and so we don't get into our hot tub at the same time much, but have more in the last couple weeks. Last night he'd had a bit to drink and when we were in the hot tub, he stammered and said, "I don't know how to say this, but you don't float as much now, I don't have to hold you down like I did." Back 62 pounds ago, I could get in and would just "pop" to the surface. He would get in and have to put his legs across mine to keep me down. Now, it takes a bit more before I float towards the surface. As silly as this sounds, it made me feel good. I think he has trouble saying anything about my weight or weight loss since he's never had a weight problem (other than not being able to keep it on.) He doesn't know what to say (or not to say).

Everyone have a great OP weekend. Sunny and hot here in the South.
Molly

LizRR 06-23-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinifer03 (Post 4381081)
Hi I just had my 2nd weigh-in and I feel cheated because I am only down 7 pounds. I know that is a good amount of weight to lose in 2 weeks. But I read other posts and I feel as if I am doing something wrong. I don't really like my coach so I decided to come here for support. Because all I want to do is binge and give up. Any experienced IP's got advice or encouragement?:?:

7lb is an EXCELLENT loss! You should be so proud of yourself! Remember that everyone loses at a different rate, so do not compare yourself, but I have to say that so far you are doing OUTSTANDING! That is 7lb gone forever, just stick with it!

Quote:

Have a great weekend!

Have fun Beanie! Waterparks are something I have been dreading, and my hubby has been looking forward to now that my son is coming of water slide age soon...now I am not going to let a stupid swimsuit beat me anymore! Have a great time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4381123)
Mom Pattie - Dont forget to pack toilet paper!! (thanks for the chuckle this morn)

Kinifer - 7 pound loss in week 2 and you feel cheated? really? When have you ever lost 7 pounds in a week before? celebrate that loss, it is awesome.

Good Morning everybody!

3 weeks from today is our big shin dig so today we will be working on the landscaping to spruce the place up. It will be quite laborious but at least the temperature has dropped so that will help.

Man...I really have to get up to The Garden State for that groovy party!

greeniris 06-23-2012 08:46 AM

Good morning I Peeps! Am getting some laundry done before heading down to a graduation openhouse, about 2 1/2 hr drive. Will see lots of family, including my 6 yr old granddaughter I haven't seen since Christmas!

Sounds like a lot of us have fun plans for the weekend, and plan to take our packets & veggies with us :)

Kinifer - is that 7 lbs total loss, or just for week 2? Either way, you're losing and that's the goal, right? I didn't have a WI for week 3, and 'only' lost 3 1/2 lbs for weeks 3 & 4 combined, but lost 5"! Hang in there. There will be good weeks, not so good weeks, and GREAT weeks! Stay 100% and you will see results! Be sure you get your salt in and up to 3 tablespoons of olive oil each day (per my coach). She also has me taking extra Vitamin D3 every day. That helps to lose weight too. Good luck!

Darralyn 06-23-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4381070)
Aww that's so sweet Wuv! I was asleep but my little boy had a nightmare so I got up with him. A pee and a drink of water. And check on my IPeeps! Sounds like a fun weekend coming up for us. We're off to the lake tomorrow. The boys will have such a blast! And is it the car show this weekend for you?

Have a fun time with your family! Watch out for fly bites when you're peein in the bushes! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4381072)

Have fun at that car show and where do you go potty? Are there facilities close by? I guess I am so interested in everyones peeing places today? But it is such a necessity for us IPeers. Luv you Wuv. :hug:

Quote:

Quote:

Good Morning everybody!

Good Morning Carol; I see you're worried about her ahem toilet habits as well! Have a wonderful weekend! :hug:
Great advice for Kinifer

Quote:

Have a great weekend!

You have a super fun time on the water slides; I love those things and now that I am thinner; I'm gonna do it this summer!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4381187)
Good morning I Peeps! Am getting some laundry done before heading down to a graduation openhouse, about 2 1/2 hr drive. Will see lots of family, including my 6 yr old granddaughter I haven't seen since Christmas!

Sounds like a lot of us have fun plans for the weekend, and plan to take our packets & veggies with us :)

Kinifer - is that 7 lbs total loss, or just for week 2? Either way, you're losing and that's the goal, right? I didn't have a WI for week 3, and 'only' lost 3 1/2 lbs for weeks 3 & 4 combined, but lost 5"! Hang in there. There will be good weeks, not so good weeks, and GREAT weeks! Stay 100% and you will see results! Be sure you get your salt in and up to 3 tablespoons of olive oil each day (per my coach). She also has me taking extra Vitamin D3 every day. That helps to lose weight too. Good luck!

Greeniris have a wonderful fun filled weekend!! I have a 6 year old granddaughter,too! Aren't they fun?!! Lucky us!! :hug:

Darralyn 06-23-2012 09:20 AM

Happy Weekend everyone! I have a busy one planned also. This morning I am housecleaning and later my one year old granddaughter is coming for about 4 hours. Tonight going out to a sushi place but called ahead and assured I can get plain salad (no dressing) and shrimp so I am good. Tomorrow church then clean up patio because I am having a barbeque with my DB and SIL and BIL with maybe a niece thrown in for extra fun! So I really have to clean the house! I really hate housework; it is so funny when I was in my 20s and 30s I loved it and now I can hardly stand it; but I have to because I have three small dogs (hair and dirty feet) so I really must do more of it than ever! As the dogs pass away; I will not replace them! Remember I said that and hold me to it!:D
Love you All!! :grouphug:

swimcoachmomma 06-23-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4381177)
You know, for a few weeks, I've been envisioning this huge 3FC IP Forum Homeocming. Somewhere central where we all come to and meet, hug each other :grouphug:, talk, and share our journeys. Only problem, we'd have to find a building with lots of bathrooms. LOL

Wuv, I envy you getting to see a car show. First weekend in a while DH and my schedules coincide and not a car show in sight. What's even more discouraging; none of our 11 classics are road worthy right now. DH retires in a month, so here's hoping he can get lots back on the road.

BTW, I thought I've read every daily post for the last few months, but I don't remember hearing much about your new guy. I know he's a long haul trucker and gone a lot. I don't remember you telling us about you first meeting a few weeks ago. At least, what I'm hearing now sounds really positive. Just wondering. :hug:

Read about your kitty perils last night, but had no time to post to tell you I'm so happy. Told DH about it and he just can't understand how people can be like that.

Now for me, WI this morning and had a loss, 2.6#. Thought it would be more after the big ZERO last week, but I am a tad bit short on my water in the last couple days and really L O N G on stress (Thursday was one of the worst at work). Even with the lower loss, I'm into the 220's :dance:and have lost now 62 total pounds. My scale calcs what it sees as my ultimate weight and it is now registering in the lower 160s I may have to adjust my goal. It's just been soooooooo long since I've even been under 200, that 185 seems unattainable, but we'll see in a few months.

Finally, have to tell you this funny NSV. DH has not really said anything to me about my weight loss until last night. Hope you get a laugh from this.

Our conflicting schedules don't give up much time together and so we don't get into our hot tub at the same time much, but have more in the last couple weeks. Last night he'd had a bit to drink and when we were in the hot tub, he stammered and said, "I don't know how to say this, but you don't float as much now, I don't have to hold you down like I did." Back 62 pounds ago, I could get in and would just "pop" to the surface. He would get in and have to put his legs across mine to keep me down. Now, it takes a bit more before I float towards the surface. As silly as this sounds, it made me feel good. I think he has trouble saying anything about my weight or weight loss since he's never had a weight problem (other than not being able to keep it on.) He doesn't know what to say (or not to say).

Molly

Wing... Thank you for the laugh. My coffee just about exited via the nose. I am a swimmer and used to refer to my boobs as PFDs (personal flotation devices). I say used to because ....well.. All of me is shrinking.

For me, I am mostly lurking these days. Maintaining in the low 160s and ok with that for now. Have a great day everyone.

Kaypix 06-23-2012 09:31 AM

Morning Replies

Quote:

*poke* Hey *poke* Yeah you! 7 Pounds is phenomenal! Now I know my response is going to be super stupidly long, so I'm apologizing in advance (my sorry :( )...Is this the first diet you've tried? If so, be aware this diet works faster and more consistently than a lot of others out there. If it is NOT your first rodeo, how was your loss on your last diet? As others have said, we ALL lose at different weights, and depending how long you were at certain weights your loss may go faster and slower at different "milestones" so to speak. My weigh ins have been relatively small losses each week, but try to look at it this way, 3 months of losing 3 pounds per week is still 36 POUNDS of fat gone for forever. Don't get discouraged from a small number on the scale, just keep trucking' and believe that the scale will snap into shape and realize it needs to move. You CAN do this, if you WANT to do this. If you make excuses, then you can cheat yourself out of the diet and back up to your original weight. One person (I forget who, help anyone?) mentioned that if hunger isn't the problem, then food isn't the solution. What makes you want to "binge and give up"? Just giving up isn't' the same as binging. Are there other factors in your life contributing stress to your program? We are all here for you, and will help you anyway we can. Think of it like this (your avatar says 225/208), only 8 pounds and you are in onederland! So what if that takes 2-3 weeks, you will be a 1_ _ by mid July! Keep your goals small and focused, that helps, and reward yourself (non-foodwise) for accomplishments. If you hit a plateau, look up "happy weight vs ideal weight" article on WebMD
Let me know if you need anything else, and if you need a loser buddy, I'm on Facebook and have chat open most days at work.

Quote:

Cadu i'm sure it'll be b-e-a-utiful!

Quote:

Do you remember the day you looked at the size swimsuits (way back when) that you had to buy if you WANTED to go swimming? I remember that day. I hated that day...all the suits were black, included skirts, coverups were hanging next to them and then in the next aisle over were bikinis for "teenie boppers"...very depressing day.

Quote:

Molly

LoL Molly your DH sounds like a total sweetie!! Great job ditching another couple pounds ! :) I'm sure that stress was helping your body hold onto them a bit to say the least. Missed seeing you on much lately, so super glad to get caught up with what's goin' on in your life!

Kaypix 06-23-2012 09:37 AM

Good morning IPeeps :D ... It's the first day DH and I got to sleep through the night, but i think PETA might get called on me because of it...our smallest cat has started crying at 4:00AM (he's 7 years old, just small in size) and the past two nights i had gotten out of bed and slept on the couch, he shuts up when I'm in the living room apparently. Last night, I had it. Dangit I wanted to sleep in my own bed next to DH and try to bake freaking cookies in the morning! (can't do that when we're in opposite rooms) I threw an empty water bottle in the cat's general direction (don't worry, the low plastic 16.9oz ones) and startled him out of the bedroom.

No loss this AM (weigh in will be Monday) but I'm holding at 169.6, so I won't complain about that. Yesterday found out (sadly enough) even with my alternative method that I really shouldn't eat at Champp's American grill...wow...the LOWEST carb options were the wings so I got those (2g/serving, had 2). But everything else started at about 40g and went up from there.

The motorcycle is nearly done, still waiting on Sweden to mail us some parts, and DH is getting REALLY antsy because of it, making life at home stressful. The house is a disaster (blamed on always working in the garage instead of being in the house after work) and I'm just about at my wit's end. Lord give me strength to make it until those stupid parts come in!

Well, i'm off to blog a bit...found out they make soda with Splenda in it now, huh, who knew right? I know the phosphoric acid is the bigger problem, but I'm going to look in to that as well and see "how bad" is bad, because some days I think I'm just going to need me a soda pop (DH stays up like 3 hours later than me, and if I want cookies I need to stay up as late as him, cuz morning cookies are hard to bake sometimes lol) so I can stay awake longer at night. Toodles all!

~Kara

rainbowsmiles 06-23-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4381078)
Will be doing lots of peeing in the bush until we get the water hooked up at the cabin for the season, but that's part of the adventure right?

lol thanks for making me smile this morning!!! have fun!!!!!!!!!!!:d

Quote:

Last night he'd had a bit to drink and when we were in the hot tub, he stammered and said, "I don't know how to say this, but you don't float as much now, I don't have to hold you down like I did." Back 62 pounds ago, I could get in and would just "pop" to the surface. He would get in and have to put his legs across mine to keep me down. Now, it takes a bit more before I float towards the surface. As silly as this sounds, it made me feel good. I think he has trouble saying anything about my weight or weight loss since he's never had a weight problem (other than not being able to keep it on.) He doesn't know what to say (or not to say).
Molly

a lot of bathrooms is certainly not an understatement!! i need to buy stock in tissue!!!
LOL on the floating hot tub scene...i know EXACTLY what you mean!!! i'm like a little cork in the ocean and just bob and float with ease!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4381182)
Man...I really have to get up to The Garden State for that groovy party!

i'm with you liz.....we gonna miss out on a fun time!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4381202)
Happy Weekend everyone! I have a busy one planned also. This morning I am housecleaning and later my one year old granddaughter is coming for about 4 hours. Tonight going out to a sushi place but called ahead and assured I can get plain salad (no dressing) and shrimp so I am good. Tomorrow church then clean up patio because I am having a barbeque with my DB and SIL and BIL with maybe a niece thrown in for extra fun!

soooooo proud of you for calling ahead and being prepared!! you are such a great example of how to get this IP protocol done the right way!!! have fun!!! and enjoy your bbq too!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma (Post 4381207)
Wing... Thank you for the laugh. My coffee just about exited via the nose. I am a swimmer and used to refer to my boobs as PFDs (personal flotation devices). I say used to because ....well.. All of me is shrinking. Have a great day everyone.

i'm a swimmer too....like a dolphin in the water!!! i love how swimming makes me feel so weightless!! I have always likened myself to shelly winters in the old movie the poseidon adventure....when shelly winters character saved the day by swimming a guide line through....and then she said, You see, Mr. Scott? In the water I'm a very skinny lady!!!! :swim:

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!!!

KathrynRose 06-23-2012 09:47 AM

Well, only 1.7 down this week, I am hoping it is because of the heat or something. On a positive note, I have lost slightly over 20 lbs. in 5 weeks. I have never done that before!

Delgen 06-23-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Don't feel bad, 7 is good! I lost 1.5 my first week and 2 the second. I think you body is adjusting and does not want to let go of the old times. Give it time and stay 100% OP. it will come off. But really, 7 is good!

WingnutandMe 06-23-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4381212)
LoL Molly your DH sounds like a total sweetie!! Great job ditching another couple pounds ! :) I'm sure that stress was helping your body hold onto them a bit to say the least. Missed seeing you on much lately, so super glad to get caught up with what's goin' on in your life!

Yes, DH is my fairytale come true after being alone for 28 years. Glad he remembered me from our classic car days 40 years ago and tracked me down.

I hate stress. My job is tops for that now. DH retires in a month. I'm really looking at just using a bit of my retirement and paying the bills and retiring now instead of working a year or so more. Is it really worth the stress. I'm thinking not.

The job brings me to your last statement about not seeing me much. I barely have time to come home at night and make dinner (sometimes a separate meal for "skin and bones" DH) and read through the posts. By that time it's usually past my bedtime since I leave for work before 7AM. I've worked for 45 years now and since I no longer enjoy my job, I'm ready to retire.

Molly

evepet 06-23-2012 10:19 AM

Hello fellow IPeeps! It's a gorgeous day here in Central Ontario, and I'm just about to head out to do some errands. Walking - get some exercise too. :) Just realized I'm close to running out of my multivits, which of course would be a big no-no. :) so the drugstore is definitely on my errand route.

Other than errands, there's nothing special going on today. Visiting tomorrow with friends and family for a BBQ so that should be fun. They've already got my request for protocol-appropriate marinated chicken. Very supportive. I'll take a packet of my WF salad dressing, and I know they'll have lots of salad, and a veggie platter.

All the talk about peeing places today.... it made me smile, but it is a real issue while on this diet. When I'm out and about, I make a point of using the 'facilities' whenever I have the opportunity - just in case. And while I welcome the 'need to pee' knowing that it means fat is flushing out of me, I must say I'm looking forward to not having to get up 4+ times through the night to do that. Thank goodness I'm generally able to fall right back into a sound sleep.

Well... too much rambling here. Really just wanted to say 'Hi!' to everyone and wish everyone a great OP day! Enjoy!

jmuroff1 06-23-2012 10:38 AM

So I went to my clinic yesterday to get more food and to get weighed in again. My coach is now perplexed. After my first week I only lost .8 and now this week I went up .2...So they said this week no restricted foods at all and lets see what happens

redmomof4 06-23-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathrynRose (Post 4381224)
Well, only 1.7 down this week, I am hoping it is because of the heat or something. On a positive note, I have lost slightly over 20 lbs. in 5 weeks. I have never done that before!

20lbs gone forever!! That's awesome
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4381215)
Well, i'm off to blog a bit...found out they make soda with Splenda in it now, huh, who knew right? I know the phosphoric acid is the bigger problem, but I'm going to look in to that as well and see "how bad" is bad, because some days I think I'm just going to need me a soda pop (DH stays up like 3 hours later than me, and if I want cookies I need to stay up as late as him, cuz morning cookies are hard to bake sometimes lol) so I can stay awake longer at night. Toodles all!
~Kara

Yeah! STaying below 170!:carrot: Let me know what you find out about the soda. I'm not saying i'm gonna stray-its been 6 weeks since I've had a coke-but I'm curious. I totally understand the baking cookies need. I figured since I'd be more self confident that would pick up, but I think I'm making DH less confident so he has not stepped up. Time for him to jump on my bandwagon!

Quote:

So I really have to clean the house! I really hate housework; it is so funny when I was in my 20s and 30s I loved it and now I can hardly stand it;

Sounds like a busy weekend, have fun. I hate house work now, do you think I'll grow to like it as I get older? :^:
Quote:

Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma (Post 4381207)
I am a swimmer and used to refer to my boobs as PFDs (personal flotation devices).

Quote:

I love it, less boyant! Kudos to you!
Quote:

7lb in 2 weeks is great. I didn't lose that much my first two. STick with it. It is working for you. Everytime you think of cheating, think about how good you'll feel at your next weigh in when you are down lbs if you don't cheat! Keep up the good work!

Cadu,
wanted to tell your most recent picture looks spectacular!

I'm lovin' my home scale today! Down to 149 and holding (I went up 0.2 yesterday only to stay 100% OP-even with going out to dinner-to be rewarded with a 1.2# loss today. YAY! Out of the 150's forever! I hope this week stays consistent! Lots of ball games today if the rain stops and lots of homework due too. Our plan B is to head to town to shop if it keeps raining. Lots of stuff to get for the house. I have an OP plan either way!!

Shawna

joysh 06-23-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Kinifer, 7 pounds is a great loss in two weeks! Be happy that you've said goodbye to those pounds. Stick with it! You can do this!

Quote:

Have a great weekend!

Do they still have those light posts with lights shaped like Hershey Kisses? (Ooops, sorry for bringing that up....)

It's the weekend and I'm off on my first travel on IP. A four hour car ride today to one Texas city, then a 4-hour drive to Houston tomorrow. I'll be there for a week with my daughter and the darling identical twin baby girls who will turn one year on Wednesday. The big party is next Sunday and my other daughter is coming in from NY with my sweet 3-yr granddaughter. They all eat pretty healthy, but I know there will be plenty of snacks and snack foods, even "healthy" ones. I'm committed and will stay OP 100%. It's only my second week! A little nervous about it, but determined!

Last night I felt very weak and read the forum threads about that. I know what to do if that happens again. I'm just getting into ketosis and I think my body is adjusting. I hope it will be adjusted by mid-week.

Oh, there I go again! I was so engrossed in reading this daily thread and other email that I forgot to make and drink my IP breakfast. It's one hour past my regular breakfast time. I think that has been an issue of mine in the past: getting so engrossed in my projects that I forget to take care of my own needs. I think this diet will force me to be more conscious about taking care of me. I know I am worth it!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! :wave:

Mamalee 06-23-2012 10:51 AM

7 pounds is great!! Keep it up! You are doing well.

As for the wanting to binge, hang in there. I was really hungry the first couple weeks, craving cookies and brownies that my kids were baking in the kitchen. Hadn't really noticed a change but yesterday, at Six Flags, my boys got ice cream and I had absolutely no desire to have any :-) It does get better!!! I have only completed 3 weeks so your turn is just around the corner.

sneuse 06-23-2012 11:01 AM

Morning everyone! Glad to hear everyone is doing well! Finishing up my morning coffee while gearing up for some errands.... lots to do but it keeps me busy and helps with not thinking about food.

I start phase three on Monday and I've NEVER been this excited to buy groceries. I just hope I don't get too carried away next week and try to eat things I shouldn't. I plan to stay strong so I can reward myself later!

Had a funny scenario last night at dinner.... I've avoided eating out because I've worried that even if I say "no this" or "none of that" I'll get it anyway, but I sucked it up last night and went to dinner with a friend. I requested my veggies unseasoned as they usually use sugar, and no oil or butter on anything (I also had steak). The waiter was very polite and ensured they'd be dry and seasoning free. Low and behold, the plate comes swimming in oil. I wasn't too worried - my coach has always said a little butter and/or extra oil won't hurt too much - until I took a big mouth full of my green beans and they were SO sweet. I ate probably 10, had one spear of asparagus, and decided they had to have been seasoned. I probably should've stopped sooner but I was struggling with whether or not the sweetness was just in my head, and I couldn't help but think a little "well.... I only have two days in ketosis left, is it really that bad?"

I finally sent them back (I felt SOOOO bad complaining but my friend convinced me I should get what I asked for) and the waiter acted like I was nuts. He swore up and down they'd been cooked like I asked, but when the new plate came it was so obvious the first batch was covered in seasoning. The new ones tasted so much better and there was not a drop of oil or butter to be seen.

All in all I'm glad I sent them back but now I can't get out of my mind that I may have messed up the last few days of this diet for myself.... if the only repercussions to having some sugar on the second phase is that I may have knocked myself out of ketosis, I'll live (I usually only lose 2 lbs a week so 2 days out of ketosis is about half a lb I wouldn't lose). But I keep thinking, maybe I've messed up the "awakening" process? I know I can't take it back, but sometimes I have a hard time shutting my brain off!!

Anyway, I apologize for the ramble but it helps me feel better to vent it out a little! You guys are always so supportive and it's been a blessing throughout this process.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and keep up all the hard work!

softkitty 06-23-2012 11:07 AM

I was supposed to have my 3rd WI today at the new location, but I couldn't find it and didn't have my cell phone, so I went to Home Depot, grocery store and dropped stuff off at Goodwill. Came home to call her and she had left two messages. She had to go to another location and will be back this afternoon. Hopefully, I can find her this time because I really want to get this WI over with. I was soooo hungry when I got home from work yesterday and my brother who is visiting left a jar of dry roasted peanuts on the table. I circled the table like a cat stalking its prey. I just kept staring at that jar of peanuts. Did I mention I was sooo hungry and I love nuts. Peanuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts, you name it. This was the first time since I've been on this diet that I was starving. Maybe it was the 30 minute walk I took during lunch that brought it on. I was a slow walk, not a power walk, more like a stroll, a casual stroll. Everyone was passing me, even the elderly on oxygen. Anyway, I made dinner, roasted zucchini and mushrooms and a lemon pudding and I was still just so hungry. Needless to say, those peanuts didn't stand a chance. I had a few, then a few more and well, you know how it goes. Wish me luck at the WI!

usmcvet 06-23-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy (Post 4381059)
Hey what are you still doing up lol?

dude she is in love!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy (Post 4381069)

in frosted glasse with lots of ice cubes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy (Post 4381073)
Ughhh, so miss drinkin with my buddies...was out tonight with some of my regular party peeps...drank water all night while they all tried to convince me that shots are low calorie lol

What lake you hitting Mom? I was at Rattlesnake yesterday and might hit Lac Pelltier on the weekend.

Keep it up buddy. You're worth it. The booze isn't.

Quote:

Go pick up a gallon of milk and think about carrying it around all day. That is a little more than seven pounds.

Quote:

Have a great weekend!

yeah water park. Bring sun screen.

Quote:

Molly

yeah the 220's that is goal for me. Congrats on floating less and on hubby noticing.

Quote:

Happy Weekend everyone! I have a busy one planned also. This morning I am housecleaning and later my one year old granddaughter is coming for about 4 hours. Tonight going out to a sushi place but called ahead and assured I can get plain salad (no dressing) and shrimp so I am good. Tomorrow church then clean up patio because I am having a barbeque with my DB and SIL and BIL with maybe a niece thrown in for extra fun! So I really have to clean the house! I really hate housework; it is so funny when I was in my 20s and 30s I loved it and now I can hardly stand it; but I have to because I have three small dogs (hair and dirty feet) so I really must do more of it than ever! As the dogs pass away; I will not replace them! Remember I said that and hold me to it!:D

Yeah grand babies!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4381215)
Good morning IPeeps :D ... It's the first day DH and I got to sleep through the night, but i think PETA might get called on me because of it...our smallest cat has started crying at 4:00AM (he's 7 years old, just small in size) and the past two nights i had gotten out of bed and slept on the couch, he shuts up when I'm in the living room apparently. Last night, I had it. Dangit I wanted to sleep in my own bed next to DH and try to bake freaking cookies in the morning! (can't do that when we're in opposite rooms) I threw an empty water bottle in the cat's general direction (don't worry, the low plastic 16.9oz ones) and startled him out of the bedroom.

No loss this AM (weigh in will be Monday) but I'm holding at 169.6, so I won't complain about that. Yesterday found out (sadly enough) even with my alternative method that I really shouldn't eat at Champp's American grill...wow...the LOWEST carb options were the wings so I got those (2g/serving, had 2). But everything else started at about 40g and went up from there.

The motorcycle is nearly done, still waiting on Sweden to mail us some parts, and DH is getting REALLY antsy because of it, making life at home stressful. The house is a disaster (blamed on always working in the garage instead of being in the house after work) and I'm just about at my wit's end. Lord give me strength to make it until those stupid parts come in!

~Kara

Um Kara...... Ask/tell him to wake you up when he comes to bed. Or use a sexy voice and a sexy face and announce it is time for bed baby. I bet he stops what he is doing and follows you like a puppy dog!
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/d57ee44f.jpg

GrandmaKiss 06-23-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Hey Molly, tell him that in a few more weeks you'll be able to sit on HIS lap, and he's gonna like that even more;):o;)

Mamalee 06-23-2012 11:24 AM

Well, I have been back in the gym for 4 days this week and so far, so good. I have timed my restricted to 30 minutes before and added a 4th, which I have right after I am finished. I tried to take it a little easier in spin, but it is hard to do since I am so used to pushing myself. It is weird to think that exercise isn't needed to lose and may even negate what I am doing. I am trying to go lighter on my weights, again hard to do because they feel...well...light LOL! I am doing more core. Hope this is all ok. Guess we well see at WI on Monday, then again next Monday. I think it will take a couple weeks to know if this is ok.

Stayed completely 100% OP again this week and noticed all my cravings for sweets is gone. What a relief!!! I am actually really enjoying my meals, eating more slowly and savoring them. Such a change! Don't think I have ever eaten slowly, savoring bites, and had 3 meals and snack. I had such bad habits. I can see why IP is such a success. After months of eating so regiments, so scheduled, new habits will form replacing those old ones. :-)

I LOVE IP!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

GrandmaKiss 06-23-2012 11:35 AM

I'm spending the weekend helping hubby get ready to go to Church camp (He's a leader). I will be staying home. Last year I went as the campcook but decided that there was no way for me to stay OP while cooking 3 meals plus 2 snacks for 6 days for 80 people.

I used to be a stay at home, home-school Mom but all the kidlets are grown and gone so the house will be quite empty while he is gone. I do extensive volunteer work from home, but I will need to make a concerted effort to get out of the house and talk to "real" people while he is gone.

Does anyone have any ideas of things I can do with my girlfriends (all as fat and sassy as me) that doesn't involve food? Tried the movie the other night but the smell of popcorn was too much and I left early (it may have had to do with SnowWhite and the Huntsmen was horrible). Unfortunately our traditions all seem to be at a table surrounded by non OP food with each of us vieing for the prize of the most decadent food offerings.

reneepw 06-23-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Noooo.. don't feel cheated! 7 pounds in 2 weeks is something to celebrate. I like what usmcvet said - pick up the milk jug! Don't binge - come here and write! I love that everyone here is very blunt yet supportive.

Quote:

Have a great weekend!

you have a great weather day for Hershey! Enjoy! My husbands step mother loves the spa there. Maybe that should be our get together - we can get chocolate spa treatments - just no tasting!

Quote:

I've been avoiding the sushi places thinking it would not be good for me. Let us know how it turns out for you!

reneepw 06-23-2012 11:48 AM

It's almost afternoon and I'm just getting here. I feel like I'm late :) I slept late this morning - I guess the stress of the past few weeks caught up with me! Last night the church festival was fun, even though we had to close down early due to weather. someone brought us funnel cake in our booth - didn't touch it - yay me! I went to pick up hubby at a friends party (i was DD) and got to spend some time with folks I hadn't seen in awhile. Walked past the dessert table - yay me. Did eat a couple of soft pretzel bits - boo me. But managed to stop after a couple. so-so me. all in all - pretty good compared to what I would have done pre-IP.
Today my son is off to his girlfriends graduation party. Son 2 and I are going back to the festival since the weather is perfect for it today. Other than that - I'm going produce shopping. I swear I feel like we go through veggies 10xs faster than ever before! I love it though.

Have a wonderful weekend. Keep up the great attitudes everyone.
And don't forget to add little umbrellas in those festive water cocktails!
Renee:dizzy:

AMS65 06-23-2012 12:00 PM

Lost 8lbs first week!

Hello everybody!
excited to announce I have lost 8lbs on my first week of IP. Do you think it is reasonable to expect that I can lose 80lbs in 5 months time? Do you lose faster with cardio and weaight training?
Thanks!