Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
That's awesome Stefany!! Get ur shop on girl!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
ROFL
Yaaaaaay Stefany!!!!!!!! congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalee View Post
You look fantastic! Wow!!
And, how exciting to have to buy clothes cause they are too big!! That is an awesome problem to have. LOL!! Congratulations!
You are an inspiration to us beginners. Thanks :-)
Thank you all for the nice comments! This board is awesome for positive reinforcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I will hold him downfor you!

Eah skinny clothes!

well after my chemo and once I was feeling better I was curious Why at 32 I wasn't, well, horny. Morning erections also disappeared. So a google search led me in the right direction. I suspected hypo-gonadism which was confirmed with a simple blood test. My PA, a woman, looked at me after the blood tests and said mater of factly, the chemo knocked out your nuts! The T brought back my good moods, libido, desire and function. I drove my wife crazy for the first few weeks!

sounds really good.
I laughed out loud about the chemo knocking out your nuts! How matter of fact of her! hahaha!
On a serious side though, my mom went through chemo for non-hodgkins lymphoma and it isnt fun. You have to be a strong person to get through that!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Saturday. When I started IP, with my coach's guidance, I quit training for a half marathon with my best friend and made my diet a priority instead. However, I agreed to run with her for the last two miles and I'm freaking out. I haven't run in 6 weeks and my coach told me to eat toast or fruit before. How sad is it that I am afraid to put this in my body? I chose fruit because I'm a carb addict and toast would probably send my cravings for bread out of control. Wish me luck tomorrow!!
good for you! I am scheduled for a marathon in October, and have yet to learn about exercise on IP. I do 2 fulls and one half a year and really do not want to give those up. I am actually hoping carrying less weight will help my times. I would appreciate any feedback you can provide. This is my first week so I have not done anything this week, but next week I was going to just walk 1 or 2 miles a day to keep moving, but I will need to start prepping by the end of july. is that not okay?

I really enjoy reading all your posts! I have really enjoyed this first week, I know I have a lot to learn. I printed out Dr Trans book I have read the first 60 pages. Eager to get through all of it, I think I saw a sub heading on marathon training, and I thought it odd on pg 58 it says eat all veggies you want, so I imagine it gets more specific later.

well congrats to all of you on your successes
Old 06-24-2012, 05:32 AM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
So I went to my clinic yesterday to get more food and to get weighed in again. My coach is now perplexed. After my first week I only lost .8 and now this week I went up .2...So they said this week no restricted foods at all and lets see what happens
Stay with it. I started losing more in my third week when my coach added another packet. It turns out, I needed more food to lose weight. Other factors: are you drinking all your water? are you exercising (exercise slows your progress). It could also be your cycle. I never lose (usually gain) mid cycle. Everyone is different, so don't compare your numbers. I find it very helpful to use the journal and write everything down.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
good for you! I am scheduled for a marathon in October, and have yet to learn about exercise on IP. I do 2 fulls and one half a year and really do not want to give those up. I am actually hoping carrying less weight will help my times. I would appreciate any feedback you can provide. This is my first week so I have not done anything this week, but next week I was going to just walk 1 or 2 miles a day to keep moving, but I will need to start prepping by the end of july. is that not okay?:
Walking is okay, but try to do as little as possible the first 3 weeks. After that, walking, yoga, and light activity is fine. I can speak to you about exercising while OP, but I don't think you can do this program (phase I or II), and run a marathon. I think that would be very dangerous. Here is my experience with exercise on the diet: The program will slow when you add higher intensity exercise. I love to exercise, and have exercised 3x/week from the start (I am an instructor), but I take the other days off and give my body a rest. I'm usually biking 100 miles/week at this point in the summer, but I have not even looked at my bike yet. This is how I incorporate exercise (which does slow the weight loss): I eat a restricted 30-45 minutes before class, and another restricted within 30 minutes of finishing class. I have less to lose, so I am fine with this. I do think it helps that I don't exercise for 3-4 days in a row (this is when I seem to lose more, and I maintain on the exercise days). I also find this diet so incredible that I have no desire to cheat or get discouraged with a slower weight loss. I am even scared to go off the phase I. My advice is to try and give your body a rest those first few weeks before adding anything in.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #80  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Thank you all for the nice comments! This board is awesome for positive reinforcement.

I laughed out loud about the chemo knocking out your nuts! How matter of fact of her! hahaha!
On a serious side though, my mom went through chemo for non-hodgkins lymphoma and it isnt fun. You have to be a strong person to get through that!
I meant yeah skinny clothes! Big thumbs and auto complete!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #81  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
well after my chemo and once I was feeling better I was curious Why at 32 I wasn't, well, horny. Morning erections also disappeared. So a google search led me in the right direction. I suspected hypo-gonadism which was confirmed with a simple blood test. My PA, a woman, looked at me after the blood tests and said mater of factly, the chemo knocked out your nuts! The T brought back my good moods, libido, desire and function. I drove my wife crazy for the first few weeks!
Yes, how funny about your PA. I'm glad you've straightened things out, especially at your age. We're both in our early 60s. Big difference. DH did not know I wrote about any of this (and would be REALLY upset if he did know). It must be ESP though, as there was cookie baking last night and this morning. Some of it would be because he starts four 8PM-8AM work shifts tonight and knows we'll only see each other for a couple hours when I get home from work, get him up, cook him dinner, and get him off to work. At least after those four days(nights), he has 10 days off and we'll leave and go to our cottage in Michigan.

Everyone have a good OP Sunday.
Molly
Old 06-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #82  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

I posted this on another thread today and just wanted to share it with everyone to encourage us to keep going no matter what people say!!!

You know, this morning I had a friend that told me for me to lose 25 lbs in 34 days was dangerous and I need to be careful. This is coming from someone wanting to do the HCG diet and has not lost weight. I say, do what you feel makes you happy. A lot of Haters are out there and they will try to find any negative or make up one just to pull you down. I call it the crabs in the barrel effect. You know, one trying to get out and the other wanting to pull you down.

I had a friend like that from home. I was at my highest 287. She somewhat heavy, but always have been smaller than me, yet she struggles with her weight. I started eating clean and losing and got down to around 240 and she came to visit me. I was trying to cook clean and she would eat, but wanted to go to BK and TGIF and places like that. I told her that I didn't want to eat at those places because I wanted to stay eating clean. She told me what I cooked was delicious, but she kept pushing and pushing and wanting to go drinking and wanting to get candy. I fell off the wagon after her visit and started again and plateaued.

Then when I lost down to about 220, I was going home to visit. She called me before I came home and told me that she was gonna buy me some cotton candy when I got there. I told her I don't eat that stuff anymore and I'm trying to lose weight again. She said "You will eat it if I buy it for you." I told her no, and that I will not be eating out a lot. I need to lose the weight. She told me that I shouldn't refuse to eat out and my family wouldn't like it. I told her my family will be supportive. I went home, she wanted to go out to eat, I told her I would rather do something else. She cancelled on me to go on a date with some guy and she never came over to see me. She never called, only talked to me via text. I even invited her when I DID go out as a group to a restaurant, but she didn't go. I have known her for over 16 years.

I said all that to say this, sometimes when you make changes in your life, your friends or family will see it. It is like in family group dynamics that if one portion of the group is affected, it changes the entire dynamic of the group. Therefore, once you change, it changes the dynamic of friendships because either (1) they are jealous, (2) they feel that now their problems will surface. My friend always liked to be the one that told me how to live my life and the advice giver. When I started changing my life and coming into my own when I moved from home, she started feeling threatened and would begin to sabotage our friendship & my accomplishments. She also became very judgmental of me. I decided this was a very toxic situation for me and have since kept her at a far distance. I begin to see her for who she really was (she is pretty self conscious which causes her to be very vain and a craver of attention) and decided in order for me to be on a positive journey, I needed to release the toxicity. So I did, and I have been losing my weight ever since. She realizes I believe that I am distant, so she called me yesterday. I just talked a little and listened to her go on and on about stuff in her life. I kept pretty quiet about mine and just only mentioned my weight loss. She sounded supportive, but I know that she is not in a space to be able to truly support me. And I just leave it at that. I'm almost her size now so I just keep going and stay encourage. Hoping you and everyone will do the same!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #83  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Go Molly. Go Molly.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Hello All - rainy day on the east coast today. Down again this week and nearly at goal, very nervous about Phasing off since I can do Phase 1 standing on my head... Over 40lbs gone and people are just noticing now so getting lots of great compliments, maybe it's because I am wearing clothes that actually fit. Wearing size 2-4, still hard to believe. I never want to go back to my old size, I love my new body and having so much fun dressing it and showing it off. My mind hasn't caught up with my new body a friend of mine who I always considered so tiny wanted to try my jacket on (which was a little loose on me) well it was tight on her...odd how off our preception of our own bodies is?
Love this program and love this site, I have learned so much from everyone on my journey.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #85  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Hello All - rainy day on the east coast today. Down again this week and nearly at goal, very nervous about Phasing off since I can do Phase 1 standing on my head... Over 40lbs gone and people are just noticing now so getting lots of great compliments, maybe it's because I am wearing clothes that actually fit. Wearing size 2-4, still hard to believe. I never want to go back to my old size, I love my new body and having so much fun dressing it and showing it off. My mind hasn't caught up with my new body a friend of mine who I always considered so tiny wanted to try my jacket on (which was a little loose on me) well it was tight on her...odd how off our preception of our own bodies is?
Love this program and love this site, I have learned so much from everyone on my journey.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Congratulations.
You can do it. You put your head into doing Phase 1, now just use that same determination to determine what you need to do to phase off. I have quite a few more months until I have to face the same thing (we all will eventually). Please let us know how it goes.

Yes, perception of yourself if a very hard thing. That may be the tougher struggle. I know I will have that issue since I've not been below 200 lbs in 20 years and have always been at least larger than everyone else (even as a child). I have never had a thin, fit thought in my head. Let us know what you find to help you see yourself differently.

Hang in there. You know the forum support will always be there.
Molly
Old 06-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
I posted this on another thread today and just wanted to share it with everyone to encourage us to keep going no matter what people say!!!

You know, this morning I had a friend that told me for me to lose 25 lbs in 34 days was dangerous and I need to be careful. This is coming from someone wanting to do the HCG diet and has not lost weight. I say, do what you feel makes you happy. A lot of Haters are out there and they will try to find any negative or make up one just to pull you down. I call it the crabs in the barrel effect. You know, one trying to get out and the other wanting to pull you down.

I had a friend like that from home. I was at my highest 287. She somewhat heavy, but always have been smaller than me, yet she struggles with her weight. I started eating clean and losing and got down to around 240 and she came to visit me. I was trying to cook clean and she would eat, but wanted to go to BK and TGIF and places like that. I told her that I didn't want to eat at those places because I wanted to stay eating clean. She told me what I cooked was delicious, but she kept pushing and pushing and wanting to go drinking and wanting to get candy. I fell off the wagon after her visit and started again and plateaued.

Then when I lost down to about 220, I was going home to visit. She called me before I came home and told me that she was gonna buy me some cotton candy when I got there. I told her I don't eat that stuff anymore and I'm trying to lose weight again. She said "You will eat it if I buy it for you." I told her no, and that I will not be eating out a lot. I need to lose the weight. She told me that I shouldn't refuse to eat out and my family wouldn't like it. I told her my family will be supportive. I went home, she wanted to go out to eat, I told her I would rather do something else. She cancelled on me to go on a date with some guy and she never came over to see me. She never called, only talked to me via text. I even invited her when I DID go out as a group to a restaurant, but she didn't go. I have known her for over 16 years.

I said all that to say this, sometimes when you make changes in your life, your friends or family will see it. It is like in family group dynamics that if one portion of the group is affected, it changes the entire dynamic of the group. Therefore, once you change, it changes the dynamic of friendships because either (1) they are jealous, (2) they feel that now their problems will surface. My friend always liked to be the one that told me how to live my life and the advice giver. When I started changing my life and coming into my own when I moved from home, she started feeling threatened and would begin to sabotage our friendship & my accomplishments. She also became very judgmental of me. I decided this was a very toxic situation for me and have since kept her at a far distance. I begin to see her for who she really was (she is pretty self conscious which causes her to be very vain and a craver of attention) and decided in order for me to be on a positive journey, I needed to release the toxicity. So I did, and I have been losing my weight ever since. She realizes I believe that I am distant, so she called me yesterday. I just talked a little and listened to her go on and on about stuff in her life. I kept pretty quiet about mine and just only mentioned my weight loss. She sounded supportive, but I know that she is not in a space to be able to truly support me. And I just leave it at that. I'm almost her size now so I just keep going and stay encourage. Hoping you and everyone will do the same!
Congratulations on your insight into this friendship. It is painful I'm sure but if you don't take care of yourself, no one will! Hugs to you!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Last night i broke down.. 1st, I made this syrup with lemon juice, rosemary and splenda. that was ok.. mixed it with water.. an IP-OK treat.. But we had friends over (we are putting in a patio behind my house and some friends came to help) after the day's work was finished, the drinking began.. beeeer.. i love beeer. I did not drink any beer but it was tempting.. What I did do was put a shot of vodka into the OP drink I made, therefore making it totally NOT OP. Then after that, I did it again and then again, one last time. So yeah, last night I messed up. Not only that, but because I have not had alcohol in a while, I was a little drunk. Well maybe more than a little. I bought muffins for the people working on the patio, from my favorite place down the street. All day, the muffins were out there calling to me. I ignored them. But before bed, in my mentally weakened state, there was still one muffin left. My favorite one- raspberry with powdered sugar on top. All day I begged people to eat it. Why didn't they eat it?! I took a huge bite of that muffin. It was delicious. Thank God I spit it out right into the trash can. One more reason not to drink on this diet.. I know I could have eaten everything in the kitchen. Thankfully somehow, I had a tiny teensy bit of self control left. And I was tired. So, here is my confession. This morning I felt like crap, and rightfully so. I had a horrible headache and forgot to get in my salt, oil, and final 2 magnesium pills because of my childish behavior. I was planning on going off of IP for my sister's wedding next weekend. Looking forward to drinking and celebrating with everyone.. Now, I am definitely not going to drink.. It's not worth it.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

WI #3 today. Down another 3.4, so total of 13.8 in 3 weeks. I'm very happy about that!! We're on our 2nd day of vacation today. I brought all my packets with me, and even brought my scale!!

I do have a confession to make. I had 1-1/2 Miller 64's on Friday during a golf outing. I think I made up for it with extra water though. I think being on vacation will be hard - my husband went shopping last night and bought a lot of junk. Those Hersey kisses look SO good!! And I could really go for some pizza!! But I won't, because I really don't want my progress so far to go down the tubes!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcrista View Post
Last night i broke down.. 1st, I made this syrup with lemon juice, rosemary and splenda. that was ok.. mixed it with water.. an IP-OK treat.. But we had friends over (we are putting in a patio behind my house and some friends came to help) after the day's work was finished, the drinking began.. beeeer.. i love beeer. I did not drink any beer but it was tempting.. What I did do was put a shot of vodka into the OP drink I made, therefore making it totally NOT OP. Then after that, I did it again and then again, one last time. So yeah, last night I messed up. Not only that, but because I have not had alcohol in a while, I was a little drunk. Well maybe more than a little. I bought muffins for the people working on the patio, from my favorite place down the street. All day, the muffins were out there calling to me. I ignored them. But before bed, in my mentally weakened state, there was still one muffin left. My favorite one- raspberry with powdered sugar on top. All day I begged people to eat it. Why didn't they eat it?! I took a huge bite of that muffin. It was delicious. Thank God I spit it out right into the trash can. One more reason not to drink on this diet.. I know I could have eaten everything in the kitchen. Thankfully somehow, I had a tiny teensy bit of self control left. And I was tired. So, here is my confession. This morning I felt like crap, and rightfully so. I had a horrible headache and forgot to get in my salt, oil, and final 2 magnesium pills because of my childish behavior. I was planning on going off of IP for my sister's wedding next weekend. Looking forward to drinking and celebrating with everyone.. Now, I am definitely not going to drink.. It's not worth it.
SO not worth it. I won't beat you up. You are doing a great job yourself. Lol. As we say in the wild west... Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, find your hat, and get right back on. Learn from your mistake and move forward. Drink a ton of water today also. Good luck.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #90  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!!! I was out all day yesterday. We left at 6am and took the boat to the Yukon River and went fishing all day. We didn't get any bites (except for me, I got at least 25-30 mosquito bites peeing in the woods one time. Very bad idea!!!! I am so itchy, and I was covered in mosquito spray.) It was a beautiful and hot day on the water. We had a great time anyways. We didn't get home till 10pm, so it was a very long day.

I think we might go check out some of the Summer Solstice activities going on in Fairbanks today. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Closed Thread