IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/23 - Sun 6/24 - Page 9 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 169/167/136

Height: 5'6"

Question Alternative plan

Thanks for the concern Beck. I did speak to my doc. She thought it would be ok. I don't think the body goes into the ketogenic state on the Alternative Plan. (I
think I read that.). I am seeing the doc next week so I'm going to make sure!
I am hoping it is ok because I am losing inches!! Thanks again & good luck everyone!:?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #122  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
I hate to be such a debbie-downer but im bummed I got invited to a staggette for the first time ever. Its for my sis in law who is getting married in September...I thought "awesome" until i heard what they were doing...Starting at 4pm they are going to a winery and doing a wine tasting...and then following that will be drinks and food back at the hotel(aka liquor) and then they will go to a bar and have more drinks before returning to the hotel..Most of you would say "just drink water" but thats not really the thing...I feel down because i CANT drink and its not actually because of the diet...its because im allergic to something in the alcohol itself and since having my first drink when i was 19 at a nice cocktail lounge and then convulsions at the hospital from it...i was told never to drink again...So..here will be everyone drinking the night away and i cant even understand what its like to go out with friends and drink and get drunk ...i know it sounds weird to be sad about it..but i feel like ive missed out on some kind of social thing that people like to do frequently..and i will never get to really know what its like..Plus i feel like im not going to fit in because everyone will be in glam clothes and drunk as skunks and partying the night away and i will be left out..because i will be the only sober one so i probably wont have as much fun...

That my tiff for the day.
I'm not a big drinker, never have been. I think it would be fine to skip it or at least join them later after the wine tasting, I just don't like being around drunks.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I hate to be such a debbie-downer but im bummed I got invited to a staggette for the first time ever. Its for my sis in law who is getting married in September...I thought "awesome" until i heard what they were doing...Starting at 4pm they are going to a winery and doing a wine tasting...and then following that will be drinks and food back at the hotel(aka liquor) and then they will go to a bar and have more drinks before returning to the hotel..Most of you would say "just drink water" but thats not really the thing...I feel down because i CANT drink and its not actually because of the diet...its because im allergic to something in the alcohol itself and since having my first drink when i was 19 at a nice cocktail lounge and then convulsions at the hospital from it...i was told never to drink again...So..here will be everyone drinking the night away and i cant even understand what its like to go out with friends and drink and get drunk ...i know it sounds weird to be sad about it..but i feel like ive missed out on some kind of social thing that people like to do frequently..and i will never get to really know what its like..Plus i feel like im not going to fit in because everyone will be in glam clothes and drunk as skunks and partying the night away and i will be left out..because i will be the only sober one so i probably wont have as much fun...

I don't know Port, I think if most people could chose what they had to be allergic to alcohol would be at the top of the list.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #124  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy3k View Post
Thanks for the concern Beck. I did speak to my doc. She thought it would be ok. I don't think the body goes into the ketogenic state on the Alternative Plan. (I
think I read that.). I am seeing the doc next week so I'm going to make sure!
I am hoping it is ok because I am losing inches!! Thanks again & good luck everyone!:?
I have been on the alternate phase one plan since day one. I've checked in the past with ketosis sticks and I was in ketosis. I don't think I could have lost the weight I have with out ketosis.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I'm not a big drinker, never have been. I think it would be fine to skip it or at least join them later after the wine tasting, I just don't like being around drunks.
I think the reason you don't like being around drunks is because by the time you get involved it's all over but the crying. All the "fun" has been forgotten.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #126  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I think the reason you don't like being around drunks is because by the time you get involved it's all over but the crying. All the "fun" has been forgotten.
I like enjoying a beer I just don't like the stupidity that often comes with lots of drinking. I've also seen it cause lots of problems for people.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 169/167/136

Default Ketosis

Thank u all for the info. I am definitely going to speak to my kidney doc again. I've been through too much too lose this kidney. (my sister donated) I started gaining weight when I had to be on so much prednisone post-transplant. If IP isn't going to be a fit for me, I'll just try low-carb next. The coach didn't seem to be concerned at all but I am!! I really am thankful to all of you! It helps to get others opinions & tips!
Old 06-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #128  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Today is bad...... I am SOOOOOO hungry!! Wonder why????? Need to have my snack & go to bed before I do something BAD

It can't help that I have seen my husband (who can eat ANYTHING) eat strawberry vanilla cake w/ whipped cream icing, Kim & Scotts stuffed pizza pretzels, reese's cup, & more....I love him to death but, today it's KILLING me!! I won't let him know, I don't want him to feel bad

Tomorrow is another day!!!

Have a great week everyone
Old 06-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #129  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Aww that's so sweet Wuv! I was asleep but my little boy had a nightmare so I got up with him. A pee and a drink of water. And check on my IPeeps! Sounds like a fun weekend coming up for us. We're off to the lake tomorrow. The boys will have such a blast! And is it the car show this weekend for you?
how was your day at the lake?? hope you had a ton of fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning I Peeps! Am getting some laundry done before heading down to a graduation openhouse, about 2 1/2 hr drive. Will see lots of family, including my 6 yr old granddaughter I haven't seen since Christmas!

Sounds like a lot of us have fun plans for the weekend, and plan to take our packets & veggies with us !
how was your weekend?? what did you granddaughter have to say when she saw you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
I didn't have time for lunch today so I had 2 IP packs for my snack, which I decided to make into a butterscotch-chocolate ice cream. It was SO MUCH ICE CREAM , yum. It's extremely hot today so it was amazing. I'm really full.
oh thats sounds delish!!!!!!! you always have such good ideas~~

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 06-24-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #130  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Hi everyone, still not able to get on here as much as I would like, really sucks cause that is how you find out all the little things "that work". Anyway still IP but really struggling that last few weeks on and off. More hungry I find, no cravings, but hungry. Having to add an extra protein pack or meat almost everyday to keep me from going off. It doesn't help that camping season has started and seeing everyone eating the smores and chips and bread is definately not helping!!!!!!!!!! Trying my darnest to stay strong. I have maybe 12 lbs to go, I have a feeling it is going to be a bugger to get there.
I have been shopping like crazy tho, still can't believe I am buying size small stuff. I have never been this thin. Overweight all my life, wish I would have found this diet a long time ago and not in my late 30's. Oh well, this is the path I was meant to follow I guess.

Well off to read some posts from you wonderful people, since work is sooooo slow tonight

Have a great night IPers
I know how you feel....................I have 7-11 pounds left to go (not sure yet where I will end up) . The last 2 weeks have been real tough for me. I am struggling daily. My DD is going to start alternatives tomorrow, so I am hoping that will give me the extra push I need to finish this!!! We need to "Just keep swimming".
Old 06-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #131  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswood2012 View Post
Today is bad...... I am SOOOOOO hungry!! Wonder why????? Need to have my snack & go to bed before I do something BAD

It can't help that I have seen my husband (who can eat ANYTHING) eat strawberry vanilla cake w/ whipped cream icing, Kim & Scotts stuffed pizza pretzels, reese's cup, & more....I love him to death but, today it's KILLING me!! I won't let him know, I don't want him to feel bad

Tomorrow is another day!!!

Have a great week everyone
I think he should feel bad. Seems like he should be more thoughtful and considerate of you. My husband can eat anything, but he always asks about the food. Can I eat it, does it bother me? But even more than that, what I really see is he is not eating very healthy. Whether he can eat anything doesn't give free license to eat just anything. What you've mentioned is horrible junk food and not healthy for anyone. I would find a nice way to let him know this is not good for his health. If you make him feel special by showing how much you care for his health and by telling him you want him around with you for a long time, you get the added benefit that you don't have to be exposed to all of that either. IMO.

Hang in there. Even having to be around all that stuff, you know how much better off you will be by staying OP.

Molly
Old 06-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 174.8/170.4/130

Height: 5'3

Hi all, I have been "missing in action" literally for a week. Previous to starting IP I had signed up for a mini-triathalon (See Jane Tri). I spent alot of money on my registration and did not want to miss this race. I trained very little these last three weeks, as I was on IP. My coach put me on a "deviation week" this last week, to help get me ready for today. I am proud to say I shaved 7 minutes off my previous time!! I did not have a good swim (but I'm a horrible swimmer to begin with) but had a really great bike and run. I am happy with my race, and looking soooo forward to getting back OP tommorow!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
I didn't have time for lunch today so I had 2 IP packs for my snack, which I decided to make into a butterscotch-chocolate ice cream. It was SO MUCH ICE CREAM , yum. It's extremely hot today so it was amazing. I'm really full.
Sounds great, what is your recipe for that?

Thanks,
Chloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Hello everyone! I guess I am doing the formal version of Novi-Clens.... a Colonoscopy prep starting in 50 min. Today was very,very light eating and now just clear liquids plus my gallon of prep drink. I didn't use the IP packets at all and just followed my doctor's orders on the prep sheet. I do not look forward to the anesthesia or the nausea that I get afterwards. I weigh in on Tues. morning with my coach and have no idea what to expect. I guess I could GAIN weight from the IV fluids, I really don't know. I told my coach we probably shouldn't count this weigh in but I need to get product for the week anyway. Let me know what your results were with IP and weighing in afterwards.
I had foot surgery 2 months ago, they wanted to use a standard sugar based IV solution, I asked them for a "saline" solution - something with no sugar. No problem, they have many patients who cannot have sugar - so be sure to ask for a non sugar IV solution.

I gained few pounds of water weight and it came off within a few days. Don't worry about a short term water weight gain, it will certainly come off within the following week (if not the following 2 days). I've had 2 colonoscopies, they aren't so bad.

Last edited by Chloe222; 06-24-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #134  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa4025 View Post
Hi all, I have been "missing in action" literally for a week. Previous to starting IP I had signed up for a mini-triathalon (See Jane Tri). I spent alot of money on my registration and did not want to miss this race. I trained very little these last three weeks, as I was on IP. My coach put me on a "deviation week" this last week, to help get me ready for today. I am proud to say I shaved 7 minutes off my previous time!! I did not have a good swim (but I'm a horrible swimmer to begin with) but had a really great bike and run. I am happy with my race, and looking soooo forward to getting back OP tommorow!
Lisa, Congrats on shaving time! WTG. Its great that you went into it with a plan. A Tri is something I would love to accomplish sometime in my life. I hear its addicting though.
Quote:
So..here will be everyone drinking the night away and i cant even understand what its like to go out with friends and drink and get drunk ...i know it sounds weird to be sad about it..but i feel like ive missed out on some kind of social thing that people like to do frequently..and i will never get to really know what its like..Plus i feel like im not going to fit in because everyone will be in glam clothes and drunk as skunks and partying the night away and i will be left out..because i will be the only sober one so i probably wont have as much fun...
So, lucky for you you don't even know how miserable it is the next day, how bad the hangover feels. You can still have fun and wear glam clothes (especially your new smaller self) with out drinking. I make that choice often and feel very good about myself for it. Try to look at all the positives!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Hello everyone! I guess I am doing the formal version of Novi-Clens.... a Colonoscopy prep starting in 50 min. Today was very,very light eating and now just clear liquids plus my gallon of prep drink. I didn't use the IP packets at all and just followed my doctor's orders on the prep sheet. I do not look forward to the anesthesia or the nausea that I get afterwards. I weigh in on Tues. morning with my coach and have no idea what to expect. I guess I could GAIN weight from the IV fluids, I really don't know. I told my coach we probably shouldn't count this weigh in but I need to get product for the week anyway. Let me know what your results were with IP and weighing in afterwards.
Make sure you let the anesthesia provider know about your propensity for Post op Nausea and Vomiting. Normally medications we use for sedation for a colonoscopy do not have any nausea inducing properties. It is very different than for a general anesthetic. Most do not use narcotics for colonoscopies either (they can cause nausea also) so you should be in the clear for this. Sometimes it has a lot to do with dehydration. I would also talk to your anesthesia provider and let them know you are on a sugar restricted diet and instead of LR for your IV fluids, you would request Normal Saline. (LR is what we usually use intraop). There shouldn't be a contradiction with a short procedure like a scope. Did you look at your prep ingredients? Many have sugar. Not that you can prevent it, but I would want to be prepared for any suprises. I would imagine you shouldn't after that tedius prep, but its possible with IV fluids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Speaking of which, there was a female newscaster on this morning who had the most amazing butt - I don't normally notice these things but hers was so rounded and she was perfectly thin and so it waqs extraordinarily prominant. I told my husband that was my new goal, to have a great butt like that. He's liking my new goal!!
Chloe,
Have you heard of Brazilian Butt Lift? Its an exercise program you can do at home. I have it and it is a lot of fun, but a lot of Squats and Lunges. It really does work though. If you want to know more about it just send me a PM.

Edited to give my update. I went to the Brew Fest last night and drank only water and Powerade Zero! I felt great. Friends didn't care. I felt great in the morning. Just fixed some IP crepe packet crackers. I made them a little thin and decided that if I didn't cook it quite as long it could have made a nice flatbread for a veggie sandwich. I will keep this in mind for future!! It is yummy too!

Last edited by redmomof4; 06-24-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #135  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/155/145

Height: 5'5"/45yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa4025 View Post
Congratulations on the tri! That is great!
Closed Thread