IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/23 - Sun 6/24 - Page 8 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #106  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
wow I love all of these posts. when my friend first started IP, I knew she was not going to have any alcohol not even wine, an I thought ugh, I could never do that. Well she has lost 50 pounds in 5.5 months so I of course am now on IP (alternatives) I am nervous because the annual camping trip with my best friend is at the end of July. We do enjoy cosmos and cards at the end of the day each day for 7 days...I was wondering what I would do. NOw I am reading how awful each of you felt, and I am really hoping that I will maintain OP during my trip.
Thank you all for your honesty! Today is day 6 for me, tomorrow is my first WI...very excited! Have a wonderful sunday!
The forum is best for the real truth on things. I'm glad you're reading and paying attention. You haven't even had your first WI. Wait until then. If you've been 100% OP, you should do well and that should give you even more motivation to find a way to stay OP on your trip and find new things to replace old habits at the end of the day.

Good luck on both your WI and you decisions.

Molly
Old 06-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #107  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Always wanted to ask you, why did you select Michigan as a retirement location? Are you or hubby from there?
I grew up in Michigan. As a child, many of my family's friends and some of my relatives had cottages on lakes and I spent many weeks in the summer at them. It's been a dream of mine ever since.

About three years ago a close friend was talking about living and being where you want to be not just somewhere because you're there. I'm in Georgia due to a job transfer. Our conversation made me realize I should follow my dream and not just be satisfied with where I am at.

I spent many late hours on the internet searching down property for sale and worked with a realtor in Michigan to arrange and organize showings on my short vacation time. It took two times with one failed purchase to find what I have now.

All this happened about 4 months before DH found me on Facebook. He's an Air Force brat with no ties to any location. The first time to the cottage (closing was in December with a foot of snow that didn't melt until March) was for both of us, which was four days before we were married. We had our honeymoon there. He loves it. Who would have known when I bought a place with a two car garage and a 20x20 barn, he would be in my life and we would fill all that space with classic cars.

Molly
Old 06-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
Well after 22 weeks of total compliance I decided I was going to "splurge" at a party and try a little of everything and have a drink. I talked to my coach about having a drink and he was okay with it. He told me to have vodka, but of course there was none. I poured some wine, didn't realize it was Chardonnary, which I don't like. It did not taste good. I don't think even if it was Sauvignon Blanc I would have liked it. I think my taste for alcohol has changed. I even tried a few sips of Bahama Mama and did not like it. Just tasted too strong. As far as food the main course was fine and OP, but there was dessert and I decided I was having some. It was a marble cheesecake and I had a silver of it. I have to say that was fantastic. I did end up sipping that one glass of wine for 2 hours and never finnished it. Drank about 4 bottles of water. Today I feel like crap. I didn't feel good by the time I got home last night either. It was totally not worth it and I have learned my lesson. All these weeks of thinking about how much I missed drinking and now I realize i was wasting my time thinking about it. I understand now how my life will change after IP. Oh, and I'm sticking to protocol today.
Molly,
What a wonderful story!! Thank you for sharing it. It's inspirational on numerous levels.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #109  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

I didn't have time for lunch today so I had 2 IP packs for my snack, which I decided to make into a butterscotch-chocolate ice cream. It was SO MUCH ICE CREAM , yum. It's extremely hot today so it was amazing. I'm really full.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 169/167/136

Smile Happy Sunday!

Hello all! Hope your weekend has been great. Congrats to all the losses! I had my first WI on Friday & I'm down 2 lbs. I'm on the alternative plan & I hope it doesn't take too much longer than the regular. We are doing IP as a family! Me & my hubby and my sister & her hubby. Trying to keep each other in check. So, here's a question.... We all love cheese... What is an alternative? Veggie cheese?? Is that allowed? I am a type 1 diabetic & have had a kidney transplant. Any info out there on this? Thanks & have a super OP day!
Old 06-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #111  
Started IP 5/29/12

S/C/G: 220.4/191.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
"Today for dinner, I made zucchini "pasta", then added like 1/8 of a tomato to the food processor, and mixed it with parsley, garlic, water and half a teaspoon of olive oil, that was my "pasta sauce".
Then I added 7oz of small shrimp to it and added salt and a teaspoon of olive oil to it and it was delicious! Like a shrimp pasta dish :P I love how creative I've gotten with food.
I also really love this kitchen gadget that makes pasta out of veggies. "

Super nummy. Guess what I am having for dinner tonight! Now, I have to order that pasta maker. Can't wait.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Reading through all of your posts while my kiddos finish napping, so great to check back in after a pretty good weekend.

I say pretty good because, I had a side effect of IP yesterday and it seemed to take until today to subside. I woke up Saturday morning feeling great, ate my IP breakfast and decided to mow the lawn. I normally mow the whole lawn in about 2 1/2 hours (Big yard) after mowing for about an hour I only had the front yard done and was completely exhausted! I mean totally fatigued! I read through the materials my coach gave me and realized I was likely fatigued due to electrolyte imbalance, so I drank a bunch of water with a teaspoon of sea salt. Then I took a two hour nap. I felt a bit better but really didn't feel back to normal until this afternoon. I need to make sure I drink more water and maybe pace myself with exercise for a few weeks, I guess.

I did step on the scale this weekend, and my unofficial weight is -8 from my first day, last Monday!! Whoo hoo! I don't weigh in for real until Tuesday at the clinic, but was curious.

Have a great OP rest of the day everyone! I have learned so much from all of you and can't wait to be a veteran with 40lbs lost
Old 06-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone, still not able to get on here as much as I would like, really sucks cause that is how you find out all the little things "that work". Anyway still IP but really struggling that last few weeks on and off. More hungry I find, no cravings, but hungry. Having to add an extra protein pack or meat almost everyday to keep me from going off. It doesn't help that camping season has started and seeing everyone eating the smores and chips and bread is definately not helping!!!!!!!!!! Trying my darnest to stay strong. I have maybe 12 lbs to go, I have a feeling it is going to be a bugger to get there.
I have been shopping like crazy tho, still can't believe I am buying size small stuff. I have never been this thin. Overweight all my life, wish I would have found this diet a long time ago and not in my late 30's. Oh well, this is the path I was meant to follow I guess.

Well off to read some posts from you wonderful people, since work is sooooo slow tonight

Have a great night IPers
Old 06-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #114  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/155/145

Height: 5'5"/45yo

Whew, lots to catch up on! My mom was here visiting and baby boy is finally napping! Ive been off & on all weekend. Geez, we should have a bake sale with all the cookies going around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
Well, only 1.7 down this week, I am hoping it is because of the heat or something. On a positive note, I have lost slightly over 20 lbs. in 5 weeks. I have never done that before!
You will find the down weeks are soon followed by up weeks! You have an awesome loss going, keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalee View Post
Well, I have been back in the gym for 4 days this week and so far, so good. I have timed my restricted to 30 minutes before and added a 4th, which I have right after I am finished. I tried to take it a little easier in spin, but it is hard to do since I am so used to pushing myself. It is weird to think that exercise isn't needed to lose and may even negate what I am doing. I am trying to go lighter on my weights, again hard to do because they feel...well...light LOL! I am doing more core. Hope this is all ok. Guess we well see at WI on Monday, then again next Monday. I think it will take a couple weeks to know if this is ok. :-)
I used to work out pretty intense, and you are programmed that you need to exercise to lose weight, it's hard to wrap your mind around. Just be sure to log your food and exercise w/intensity in case of any tweaks needed. This is such a low calorie diet that pushing too hard will not only put you in starvation mode, but without the glycogen stores and if you burned through your dietary protein intake, you can burn muscle for that 'quick energy' and that is not what you want to happen! At least thats how my coach explained it, hence the 'low intensity' exercise advice on IP, since that is easier for your body to tap into fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
I've been avoiding the sushi places thinking it would not be good for me. Let us know how it turns out for you!
I still enjoy going out for sushi! I order miso soup (broth based) and dry salad w/lemon wedges, and sashimi (sushi w/no rice), jicama is a usual garnish and I love the pickled ginger too. I basically clean up the whole plate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMS65 View Post
Hello everybody!
excited to announce I have lost 8lbs on my first week of IP. Do you think it is reasonable to expect that I can lose 80lbs in 5 months time? Do you lose faster with cardio and weaight training?
Thanks!
Congratulations on the great WI! Everyone loses at their own rate, really this is such a quick working protocol that the best thing to ensure the fastest success is to stay On Plan 100% and don't cheat. Keep your food log updated in case you stall and need to tweak your routine. As for exercise, my coach advised me to wait out my 1st 2 weeks then to do a low intensity plan if desired, but you should talk with your coach. Depending on the exercise you may need to add another packet to avoid starvation mode (too much &/or too intense can stall your losses).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
Well even if baking cookies is a rare event, stirring the batter can still be fun.
AGREED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Another 2 pounds and 2 inches gone!!! YEAY!

I am headed in to Old Navy today they are having a shorts sale and the only pair I own is a size 14 and that is 3-4 sizes to big! lol :
That is an awesome NSV and a great WI! Have fun at ON, I hit that place up all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
Today for dinner, I made zucchini "pasta", then added like 1/8 of a tomato to the food processor, and mixed it with parsley, garlic, water and half a teaspoon of olive oil, that was my "pasta sauce".
Then I added 7oz of small shrimp to it and added salt and a teaspoon of olive oil to it and it was delicious! Like a shrimp pasta dish :P I love how creative I've gotten with food.
I also really love this kitchen gadget that makes pasta out of veggies.
I've been meaning to get one of those gadgets! Thanks for the idea/inspiration and link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Saturday. When I started IP, with my coach's guidance, I quit training for a half marathon with my best friend and made my diet a priority instead. However, I agreed to run with her for the last two miles and I'm freaking out. I haven't run in 6 weeks and my coach told me to eat toast or fruit before. How sad is it that I am afraid to put this in my body? I chose fruit because I'm a carb addict and toast would probably send my cravings for bread out of control. Wish me luck tomorrow!!
Honestly, I think 2 miles is something you could handle on IP. Not sure if I agree with the fruit/toast, but definitely a restricted beforehand, that should handle the caloric intake for a few miles, maybe followed up by another IP packet if needed. I jog 1 mile warmup then do a 1 hour weightlifting class 3x/week and have to stack my packets like that (restricted before & unrestricted after).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
good for you! I am scheduled for a marathon in October, and have yet to learn about exercise on IP. I do 2 fulls and one half a year and really do not want to give those up. I am actually hoping carrying less weight will help my times. I would appreciate any feedback you can provide. This is my first week so I have not done anything this week, but next week I was going to just walk 1 or 2 miles a day to keep moving, but I will need to start prepping by the end of july. is that not okay?

I really enjoy reading all your posts! I have really enjoyed this first week, I know I have a lot to learn. I printed out Dr Trans book I have read the first 60 pages. Eager to get through all of it, I think I saw a sub heading on marathon training, and I thought it odd on pg 58 it says eat all veggies you want, so I imagine it gets more specific later. :
You should definitely work with your coach when the time comes to start training. And I bet your times will be greatly improved too with your losses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy3k View Post
Hello all! Hope your weekend has been great. Congrats to all the losses! I had my first WI on Friday & I'm down 2 lbs. I'm on the alternative plan & I hope it doesn't take too much longer than the regular. We are doing IP as a family! Me & my hubby and my sister & her hubby. Trying to keep each other in check. So, here's a question.... We all love cheese... What is an alternative? Veggie cheese?? Is that allowed? I am a type 1 diabetic & have had a kidney transplant. Any info out there on this? Thanks & have a super OP day!
Some people have veggie cheese sparingly with their coaches blessing, but it is definitely something you should talk to your coach about, log in your food journal, and adjust into your plan.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #115  

Hello everyone! I guess I am doing the formal version of Novi-Clens.... a Colonoscopy prep starting in 50 min. Today was very,very light eating and now just clear liquids plus my gallon of prep drink. I didn't use the IP packets at all and just followed my doctor's orders on the prep sheet. I do not look forward to the anesthesia or the nausea that I get afterwards. I weigh in on Tues. morning with my coach and have no idea what to expect. I guess I could GAIN weight from the IV fluids, I really don't know. I told my coach we probably shouldn't count this weigh in but I need to get product for the week anyway. Let me know what your results were with IP and weighing in afterwards.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #116  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy3k View Post
Have you checked with your Doctor about this diet? My concern is your kidney transplant and being in ketosis.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Hello IPers
Just stopping in for a quick check in. Things are going well this weekend. Went to sushi place last night and just had salad no dressing and raw salmon; it wasn't enough so I had some sliced turkey breast when I got home. It worked out well and I didn't feel deprived. I bought some single packets of WF dressing to take in my purse for occasions like this. It is about the company; not the food. I seem to go out to eat often so need to just make the best of it and drink a ton on water.
Hope your weekend is wonderful; it sounds like some real good sticking to program and a few regretted slips; with some learning thrown in. Love you all! Keep it OP!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #118  
Foxxybrown

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I had this same type of friend, she was my best friend for 10 yrs, we worked together we did everything together. There were 3 of us, I was always the bigger of the 3. They always had men, I never did and they would always say "you are pretty but very intimidating at the same time". I am who I am, if my smile is intimidating to guys then they REALLY are lame....lol.

3 years ago when I stopped working at the same store as her we drifted apart from each other. I would still stop by and see her at the store but you could tell she was stand offish toward me, jealous of me because I had bettered myself by getting a better job. She no longer called me to go hang out or anything, I just let it go. Last year she contacted me cuz she was having "man" issues and I was the only one she could talk to about it. I listened like normal, told her what I thought and left it at that. I didn't tell her I was starting this diet, when she saw me 6 months later when I stopped by the store EVERYONE freaked out especially her. Of course she questioned what I was doing, yada yada yada and she said oh I can't do that. I still wasn't as small as her at that time. Both of my boys now work at that store so last thursday I went to bring them lunch. Who was the FIRST one I saw when I walked in the door?....HER....I said "hey, how is it going?" she looked at me, smiled, said "good" then turned away. She took a few steps turned around and said "LISA?"....I just laughed and said DUH! she said OMG you are SO SKINNY!!....I said thank you with a big smile on my face,she asked what size I was now so I told her..... She is a size 24 and ME I AM A SIZE 18!!...Thank you very much!!...YES.....inside I was and giggling.one of the best days ever!

The OTHER friend has started the program because she has seen me changed over FB. She was on it for a month the fell off of the wagon and can't get back on. She ask for my help but I told her ONLY YOU CAN DO THIS....I CAN"T DO IT FOR YOU.....you have seen what I have done, you have all of the tools to do the same thing as me. I will support you as much as I can but IF you tell me you "CAN'" I will just shake my head and not say a word. BECAUSE YOU DO WHAT YOU WANNA DO....I did...and I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY CHOICES!!.

People's lives change all the time its up to us to make our own changes to be happy. I now have the man in my life where both of them do not. I have always been happy with myself no matter what size I was but now...pfff....happy is not even the right word for me right now!
That is so true!! Wuv, thanks for sharing! She actually was complaining about men problems too and I listened and advised. It is something....But life goes on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

Foxxy,
How awful that people do that. You are so wise to just move away those toxic influences and keep them at arm's length.

You are doing well!! Keep it up!
Thanks Chloe! Yes, I tend to keep my distance when I see toxicity.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #119  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I hate to be such a debbie-downer but im bummed I got invited to a staggette for the first time ever. Its for my sis in law who is getting married in September...I thought "awesome" until i heard what they were doing...Starting at 4pm they are going to a winery and doing a wine tasting...and then following that will be drinks and food back at the hotel(aka liquor) and then they will go to a bar and have more drinks before returning to the hotel..Most of you would say "just drink water" but thats not really the thing...I feel down because i CANT drink and its not actually because of the diet...its because im allergic to something in the alcohol itself and since having my first drink when i was 19 at a nice cocktail lounge and then convulsions at the hospital from it...i was told never to drink again...So..here will be everyone drinking the night away and i cant even understand what its like to go out with friends and drink and get drunk ...i know it sounds weird to be sad about it..but i feel like ive missed out on some kind of social thing that people like to do frequently..and i will never get to really know what its like..Plus i feel like im not going to fit in because everyone will be in glam clothes and drunk as skunks and partying the night away and i will be left out..because i will be the only sober one so i probably wont have as much fun...

That my tiff for the day.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #120  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Haha Port...you live in the land of the infamous BC Bud...zero cal and no hangovers lol

Just kidding and trying to make light of your situation. Its all mindset, if you start telling yourself now that you wont have a good time then you will likely succeed and your night will suck. Try the opposite...you might have a good time!
Closed Thread