3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/23 - Sun 6/24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261539-ip-weekend-chat-sat-6-23-sun-6-24-a.html)

Beck81 06-24-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy3k (Post 4382517)
Thank u all for the info. I am definitely going to speak to my kidney doc again. I've been through too much too lose this kidney. (my sister donated) I started gaining weight when I had to be on so much prednisone post-transplant. If IP isn't going to be a fit for me, I'll just try low-carb next. The coach didn't seem to be concerned at all but I am!! I really am thankful to all of you! It helps to get others opinions & tips!

My step mother, who is a retired nurse only has one kidney. She told me she wouldn't be able to do a diet like this because of the ketosis. Just want you safe.

GrandmaKiss 06-25-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy3k (Post 4382517)
Thank u all for the info. I am definitely going to speak to my kidney doc again. I've been through too much too lose this kidney. (my sister donated) I started gaining weight when I had to be on so much prednisone post-transplant. If IP isn't going to be a fit for me, I'll just try low-carb next. The coach didn't seem to be concerned at all but I am!! I really am thankful to all of you! It helps to get others opinions & tips!

The coach should ABSOLUTELY be concerned; IP protocol has kidney disease as one of the contraindications and requires written permission from your physician to participate. Your coach doesn't appear to be doing his/her due diligence and may be putting your health at risk.

And while your coach seems to know little about kidney disorders/disease as a whole we know even less. Don't take advise from anyone but your doctor on this one, it is too important.

Source: http://laportewellness.com/clients/4...xplanation.pdf

BLUEJEWEL 06-25-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa4025 (Post 4382561)
Hi all, I have been "missing in action" literally for a week. Previous to starting IP I had signed up for a mini-triathalon (See Jane Tri). I spent alot of money on my registration and did not want to miss this race. I trained very little these last three weeks, as I was on IP. My coach put me on a "deviation week" this last week, to help get me ready for today. I am proud to say I shaved 7 minutes off my previous time!! I did not have a good swim (but I'm a horrible swimmer to begin with) but had a really great bike and run. I am happy with my race, and looking soooo forward to getting back OP tommorow! :carrot:

congratulations!! may i ask how much you had lost since your last event? also what did you do for a "deviation" week? I am so interested in what you did! that is awesome!!
:carrot:

Stefany1769 06-25-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooselover (Post 4382543)
I know how you feel....................I have 7-11 pounds left to go (not sure yet where I will end up) . The last 2 weeks have been real tough for me. I am struggling daily. My DD is going to start alternatives tomorrow, so I am hoping that will give me the extra push I need to finish this!!! We need to "Just keep swimming".

I have been struggling lately as well, I think it is because I am getting so close to goal. Maybe we could help eachother with this. I imagine we live pretty close, we could call and chat about what we are struggling with and help eachother make a game plan. PM me if you are interested. :) :hug:

Stefany1769 06-25-2012 04:13 AM

Freaking out a little bit!

Today is mine and my DF's 8th anniversary. We went to my sons meet and greet for football at the lake today, that was pretty fun. Then we went to the Soltace Festival, lots of fun! They close down about a square mile of roads downtown to open it for foot traffic. Lots of fun! Then we went to a couple of stores together and Jesse bought me a Ninja for our anniversary :D my old food processor has been really messing up, leaking and I think its out of balance. After that we went to Shogun Japanese Restaraunt and I'm worried I might have messed up program wise. I think they use butter, garlic, terryaki, and soy sauce to cook the meat in. I looked up the nurtritional content of terryaki and it didnt look like it was enough to put me out of ketosis so I just 'forgot' about it. Until now that is. I started getting a headache about an hour ago and I have had a salt lick twice now and it hasnt helped. I am also midway through my TOM so it could be that. Needless to say I am a little freaked out now that I pushed myself out of ketosis. I have had 144 ounces of water today, so it isnt that either.

Here is what I ate today:
Breakfast: Chocolate shake with WF chocolate dip and some Stevia
Lunch: 1 Cup red bell pepper, Vanilla peanut bar
Dinner: 1 Cup mixed veggies, 5 oz fillet mignon, 3 oz lobster, japanese clear soup (not sure I got that name right)
Snack: 2 Cups stewed rhubarb with WF marshmellow, Stevia, WF syrup. IP chocolate ice cream (made in my new ice cream maker) :D

The new daily chat thread hasnt been made yet, but if someone is willing to put this post into it I would be grateful. I would really like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks :)