Old 06-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #1  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Travel Ideas - also Beach Ideas

Ok, group. I'm traveling tomorrow for a little over a week and this will be the first time to do it OP. I know you all have some great ideas and experience about this.

I will be driving in 4 hours stretches (one tomorrow and one on Sunday), staying with people, including my daughter, and also going on a beach day with daughters and babies.

Do I need to keep the RTS drinks in a cooler? It's triple digits here these days and I don't want anything to spoil. How about the packets?

This is my 9th day on IP and I'm on it for the long haul, so I need some tips for traveling. Thanks!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

The packets can be kept anywhere and made with cold water as needed.
The rtd taste pretty gross hot!

Pack a cooler bag with veggies rtd and bars.

Don't forget to bring a big bottle of water and keep hydrated.

I found the oatmeal good traveling as it seems like a normal breakfast and even hotels have coffee makers for hot water.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/164/150

Height: 5'3"

I was in the same boat about a week ago with a trip to Vegas. I packed my shakes in a cooler with dry ice and my veggies with regular ice (dry ice will make them taste terrible because of the CO2). Everything stayed cold the whole weekend in 107 degree weather.

I stuck to salads with chicken, lemon, and EVOO on them if we went out, almost all restaurants have a chicken salad.

Losing weight on vacation is my new favorite thing, especially since I used to gain weight before.

Hardest thing for me was remembering to not skip meals since I was running around, so I started taking food in my purse for emergencies.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by BeckyS25; 06-26-2012 at 11:22 AM.
BeckyS25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #4  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Keep any of the chocolate or peanut bars and soy puffs in the cooler too. I took a bag of peanut puffs out of my kitchen cabinet the other day and it had melted in there! It still tasted fine but they were all stuck together, it could have been from the car ride home from my clinic, but I doubt it because I CRANK THE AC!
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #5  

We're heading up to the lake this week. I have our families meals all planned out, my IP food and vitamins packed. I am taking to the beach in my cooler: noon salad, RTD shake, IP cookies (recipe here http://www.reginaidealprotein.com/recipes.php). 2 cup Baggie of veggies, big jug of water! I'm ready!! Of course I'll be hauling fruit and snacks for the kids too!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote