3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   TOM and no loss!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261513-tom-no-loss.html)

rannoush30 06-22-2012 01:40 PM

TOM and no loss!!

I was disappointed this morning with the no loss results but I kinda knew it coz it's TOM (today actually) and I felt that I didnt lose any weight although I was OP 100%....hopefully next week my weight loss will be significant :)

wuv2bloved 06-22-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rannoush30 (Post 4380431)
I was disappointed this morning with the no loss results but I kinda knew it coz it's TOM (today actually) and I felt that I didnt lose any weight although I was OP 100%....hopefully next week my weight loss will be significant :)

You didn't gain right? so there is NO NEED to be disappointed!!...be HAPPY...you know its TOM and he visits every month so you should prepare yourself for this time do there is no disappointment :)

jules26965 06-22-2012 02:00 PM

Thank you for posting this rannoush30. I'm due to start tomorrow/Sunday and I can feel all the symptoms, and I'm also more hungry now than when I was at day 1 (I'm at day 8). If it gets too bad should I have another unrestricted (4th of the day) or should I just try to ignore it because I know it's due to TOM?

Momto2cs 06-22-2012 02:27 PM

Have the extra unrestricted if it keeps you from cheating.

mompattie 06-22-2012 02:29 PM

Don't be disappointed!! Your body is retaining fluid, it happens to all of us!! There will also be times when the scale doesn't move at all, you've been 100% OP, and it's NOT TOM. So remember that it does happen to everyone, keep on keeping on, you will lose. THIS PLAN WORKS. Keep your positive attitude, that is half the battle.

rannoush30 06-22-2012 02:32 PM

Thanks Wuv for the encouragement...and Jules I was so hungry last week yet still I was OP 100% with only 3 restricted food/week...And I think Wuv is right no gain is an achievement as well :)

LiannaKole 06-22-2012 03:08 PM

I'm not on IP, but in my own experience I often stall or even gain during TOM even if I am totally on plan. It's fluid retention.

So if I hang on for the TOM week and then an extra couple days I usually see like a 2 lb drop on the scale. But it's kind of a psychological game to remember and BELIEVE that it's not fat gain every month. Especially when I'm hungrier and have more cravings.

Around TOM, I try never to skip or delay a meal. If I do, it makes me eat more.

You seem to be doing great! I wouldn't worry. :)

aussie girl 06-22-2012 05:08 PM

I have replaced the bar with an EAS shake which has far more protein that it keeps me going until dinner.

Baracuda 06-23-2012 02:04 AM

The way I look at those TOM weeks is if there is any loss at all I'm stoked. If its zero that week then I'm happy I didn't gain. Most of those weeks I lost a lot of inches which is weird because i feel bloated.

Also to help with being hungry, you can have a giant salad. I have a huge salad with my lunch to help me last until dinner, then before bed I have my snack. Since I started this a month ago my losses have really picked up!

Don't stress about it, if you are totally O.P. there is no way you are not burning fat. :p