Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Speaking of ice cream...you might be interested in what I've started using as an 'alternative ice cream'. I freeze a RTD protein shake overnight. Remove it mid afternoon and put it in the refrigerator. When you're ready to eat it, remove it from the carton, cut it into chunks and put them all in a Ninja blender. Pulse gently - just a few pulses will do it - until it forms more of a ice cream or sorbet consistency. This is satisfying my taste for ice cream right now, and has become my favorite before bed protein snack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Update in the cat situation - both are at home now getting acquainted with their new house. They were just about as happy to see me as I was to see them. Gotta get back to work, more later. Thank you all for your support.
I'm glad to see they are home safe and sound, we have 3 cats so I know what you were going through, they will have a better home now that they are with you.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Default Pictures

I found a picture that was taken for my passport (thank goodness I didn't get it yet), and I couldn't believe how much my face has changed since IP! I took another face shot and there is a definite difference. I will try to post it later if I can figure it out, lol!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #93  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Glad to hear about your kitties being home BeanieMommy! What a jerk! He's an EX for a reason!!!!

And Kaypix - wow, what great pictures!

Back for WI#16 and down 4lb! Much welcomed after last week's poor showing - but that's how it goes - some weeks your down - most weeks your UP!!! Enjoy your Friday Folks! Off to make the bacon (not eat it)....
Old 06-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #94  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Update in the cat situation - both are at home now getting acquainted with their new house. They were just about as happy to see me as I was to see them. Gotta get back to work, more later. Thank you all for your support.
well of course they were happy to see you....cats know where their love comes from!!! i bet they are OVER THE MOON HAPPY TO BE BACK HOME WITH MAMA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

Back for WI#16 and down 4lb! Much welcomed after last week's poor showing - but that's how it goes - some weeks your down - most weeks your UP!!! Enjoy your Friday Folks! Off to make the bacon (not eat it)....
WHOOOP WHOOOP WAY TO GO LIZ!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Glad to hear about your kitties being home BeanieMommy! What a jerk! He's an EX for a reason!!!!

And Kaypix - wow, what great pictures!

Way to go on the big loss. You, like so many others out here, are inspirations to those who are newer to IP and more in the beginning phases. Keep it up!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #96  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitamarlene View Post
Weekend encouragment... I am two weeks into the program. Tonight my husband comes home for a breif weekend visit (he is out of town for work ALL SUMMER!). I want to fall back into fun (ie FOOD) routines. Pizza and a movie tonight, breakfast at our favorite place tomorrow, BBQ on Saturday, drinks around the firepit at night, baking some sweet treats (I love to bake-one of my biggest hobbies).

Please I need suggestions for a much needed fun weekend with my husband that keeps me on plan! He is supportive, this is about me. I feel so un-fun right now.
Is there an alternate "fun activity" you do that isn't food-centered? My hubby is a home-brewer and we "used to" go explore breweries together...but now we go on cool scenic drives & stop at Subway (chicken spinach salad for me). Or you could also try having "fun healthy food" - like making shish-kebabs & grilling them! Try some herbal tea by the fire pit - or Mio in your water bottle. Of course...if you haven't seen each other for a while...I can think of several non-food ways to "celebrate" your weight loss! STAY STRONG!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Ok, I've had the tomato soup for lunch not to bad i can eat it. had celery and the blue cheese dip just a tablespoon full. took my vitamin now because I wanted more on my stomach before i did. I tend to give vitamins back after taking them
Old 06-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #98  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfinn View Post
I was in a similar situation last week. I didn't drink....had a pretty terrible time....but felt fantastic in the morning. I would have beaten myself up for days if I had wasted all that work on a couple drinks.

You can do it.

Drunk people suck to be around when you're sober
I hear you!!! And this isn't going to be a social drunk at the neighbors sort of party, and sloppy drunks are even more sucky But it will be ok...not having a fabulous time for 3 hours tonight vs beating myself up all next week and a bad WI aren't worth it.

The thing is, when I mentioned it to my coach, she didn't act like it was a big deal at all. When I posted this morning, I wasn't so worried about undoing my work as I was about overdoing the drinking on such a low calorie diet (I'm obviously not used to that) -- that's why I was so cavalier. I've done a bit more reading now on here thanks to the tough love and agree that it isn't worth it!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #99  

FANTASTIC DAY!!! TOM weigh in so I wasn't expecting much. -2.8 pounds!!! I was shocked. I also delivered a speech, passed a mid-term with an A and turned in a 5 page paper! WHEW!!! I am going to relax, garage sale and play with the kids this weekend. Happy Weekend everyone!

Last edited by Hgamroth; 06-22-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Default tough time (long post, i'm sorry)

ok, so i'm in my 4th day of phase 3 and it's going ok. Don't get me wrong-- i LOVE the breakfasts and love eating my grains, fruit, and dairy again. However, i'm having a bit of love/hate feelings toward food. I feel like i've become SO obsessed with it. I'm having such a tough time because no one understands where i'm coming from, except for you guys, i think. I talk to my husband about it all the time, but i know he's tuning me out 90% of the time. He really just DOESN'T get it. He's barely 150 pounds , standing 6'1. He carb loads all day long just to keep the little amount of weight on him (he's a stick!). So when i'm blabbering about carbs, calories, and fat....what i had and what i wish i could have... it goes in one ear and right out the other for him. Anyway, back to the reason for my post....

Phase 3 is great.... i know how that it's probably THE most important of them all... but i'm getting nervous. I'm so obsessive and so scared of food now, that i don't even know how to explain the UN ease i feel having them back. i LOVE the tastes and crunch and creaminess of it all... but i hate it because i know what those foods are capable of. I NEVER want to be the person i was before i started IP.. I'm petrified of that person, and never want to see her again.

Ever since i entered phase 3--- i crash, hard. Soon after breakfast, i feel like i HAVE to have a second cup of coffee to make it through the day (i don't), but i feel like i need to nap when my son does. I've been kind of depressed lately (TOM was a week an a half ago, so its not that). I can't explain it, I'm just----- down and bluesy for no reason.... MY SKIN - i'm breaking out so bad... this coming from someone with pretty good skin.. i never even broke out during puberty. I feel like i get 2 new pimples over night. i'm trying to clear them up, but my skin is all of a sudden so oily and gross looking. Here's to hoping it clears up soon! One more for my "con list" is ... I feel like I'm beginning to entertain the idea of excusing things that aren't ok...such as, "well since you are REintroducing foods, maybe you can add a little this and a little that here and there" (even later in the day) which is NOT good. I was so militant with this in phase one. i have to keep that up for this to work.
The GOOD things are -- First and foremost, obviously the food. Secondly, I've been using the bathroom every day since I started phase 3, which is a great change up. i used to only go once or twice a week on phase one. Third, i've lost 3 oz-- i'll take ANY loss with having carbs, fat, and calories of this nature.
Anyway.. I felt comfy in phase one.. i felt SAFE in phase one.. i just need to keep practicing control, because...it's hard when you can have it but you have to STOP. severe moderation is what i'm going to have to keep practicing... sorry for the rant/long post. just a tough time lately.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #101  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

I have always had my restricted for breakfast because it has more calories and protein for me to burn and it starts me off on the right foot. I have all day to burn that off, it has worked for me for the past 15 months. Sometimes you have to play around and see what works for you my average over the last 59 weeks is 2.89lbs. Some weeks I have NO losses but I just hang in there cuz I know its my body adjusting to my losses.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I appreciate the ecouragement. My average is about yours. I guess people are loosing about the same I have in 12 weeks in three weeks and you think why not me?

You're gonna do great as a coach!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #102  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26965 View Post
I hear you!!! And this isn't going to be a social drunk at the neighbors sort of party, and sloppy drunks are even more sucky But it will be ok...not having a fabulous time for 3 hours tonight vs beating myself up all next week and a bad WI aren't worth it.

The thing is, when I mentioned it to my coach, she didn't act like it was a big deal at all. When I posted this morning, I wasn't so worried about undoing my work as I was about overdoing the drinking on such a low calorie diet (I'm obviously not used to that) -- that's why I was so cavalier. I've done a bit more reading now on here thanks to the tough love and agree that it isn't worth it!
There is SUCH a difference in coaches! I'm amazed that she wasn't all over you about even thinking of having an alcoholic drink tonight. So glad that you've changed your mind about it. You'll feel better knowing that you stuck 100%. Occasionally I have a club soda with lots of ice and a few squirts of MIO. Somehow the carbonation in the club soda makes the drink feel special.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #103  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
I have always had my restricted for breakfast because it has more calories and protein for me to burn and it starts me off on the right foot. I have all day to burn that off, it has worked for me for the past 15 months. Sometimes you have to play around and see what works for you my average over the last 59 weeks is 2.89lbs. Some weeks I have NO losses but I just hang in there cuz I know its my body adjusting to my losses.
Thanks!! I appreciate the ecouragement. My average is about yours. I guess people are loosing about the same I have in 12 weeks in three weeks and you think why not me?

You're gonna do great as a coach! [/QUOTE]
Thanks, this is why I always say never compare yourself to anyone when it comes to YOUR journey. We all lose differently, its YOUR journey. You are doing great and your average is right on target if you ask me. You are on the right track
Old 06-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #104  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Back from my WI. I lost .4 lbs and .5 inches. This last 10 pounds is going to be slow I am affraid...I had one of my best weeks ever. Felt so energetic and had great workouts. Makes me feel kind of sad.
Ahhhh dont feel sad I look at your pictures and think i hope i can look like that soon You are doing so good !!!
Old 06-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Happy news!! Good for you.

Pat
Closed Thread