Multivitamins

• I can't take them anymore

Psychologically, I just can't get myself to swallow them. I did ok and got them down for the last 3 weeks, but as of last night, I just can't do it anymore. I think it's the size and the capsule.

I know how important vitamins are, so I bought replacements. I got the One A Day petites to replace the multi and the Nature Made calcium, magnesium, zinc to replace the cal mags. I am not going to take the potassium anymore since the vitamin covers it ( my doc said that too much potassium is bad for your heart).

Do you guys think that this is ok? Thanks for any info or advice.
  • Those things are horse pills! I can't really give much input, besides just comparing the nutrients and make sure they overlap. My clinic is run out of my Dr. office and she gave me the okay to use prenatals instead (after i discussed planning on a baby sooner than later with my coach she consulted w/my doc). I know a lot of folks use different supplements.
  • Yes, they are huge! I too have some trouble swallowing them, but know I need to. When at the clinic yesterday, I forgot to get more of the Cal/Mags, so need to see what I can find at the drug store that is comparable.
  • I know there is an alternative vitamin thread with examples. I tried looking for something cheaper and struck out at Wal Mart with the amounts of vitamins and minerals in these. I ultimately decided to stick with the IP ones as they had much more per pill of most things.
    S
  • I can't swallow them either. Someone suggested to break them in two but I couldn't get them down either. It is not that easy to even find multivitamins over the counter that are small enough. A friend recommended one from Sam's Club that show a picture on the label that says "actual size." They are a little smaller and smoother, and so far I haven't had any problem with them. I know they are not exactly the same, but I figure it's better than nothing. The label says "Simply Right. Wellness & Nutrition. Mature Multi. Compare to Centrum Silver. 1 tablet daily for adults 50+ Antioxident health. Heart Support." I suppose another alternative would be to crush the tablets and mix them with something.
  • Pill crusher...
  • The, " I can't swallow the pills" statement made me laugh because when my middle son was about 15, he was prescribed an antibiotic and asked the Dr if he could get liquid form. The Dr's nurse looked at him and said, "You swallow food don't you?" He hasn't had a problem with pills since.....
  • Suggestion: if you have only tried swallowing them with water, then try taking them with tea or other flavored water (example MiO or 4c packet). I have rarely ever been able to take any pills with plain water ...ever...
  • Some places have liquid vitamins. Here in Canada you can get them at Nutters.